Start by marking “Saving Dallas (Saving Dallas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Saving Dallas (Saving Dallas, #1)

Saving Dallas

(Saving Dallas #1)

When the self-righteous, millionaire bachelorette, Dallas Knox walks into Hattiesburg’s largest night club she is looking for one thing – a one night stand with no strings attached. What she doesn’t expect is to find herself at the mercy of the Devil’s Renegades Motorcycle Club and their President-Luke Carmical.

Luke is dangerous, sexy, and dark. The life he lives is far di
Published April 30th 2013

Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanOwn the Wind by Kristen AshleyReaper's Legacy by Joanna Wylde
Bikers
1,351 books — 2,674 voters
Motorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyReaper's Property by Joanna WyldeUndeniable by Madeline SheehanOwn the Wind by Kristen AshleySweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley
Heroes in Motorcycle Clubs
341 books — 1,481 voters

More lists with this book...

Caitlin Peterson
May 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
I bought this on a whim, because of that cover. Wouldn't you? I balked a little at the price, since $4.88 seems steep for a self pub that isn't well known. However, I was intrigued with the premise and I went ahead and bought it anyway.

This wasn't terrible. There were several editing issues, which makes me think the author didn't pay for someone to look at it. Several instances where the author confused "wondering" and "wandering." Yikes. At that price point, I want a polished, finished novel an
Vallsykes
In my quest for more biker/MC romances...

This features a hero who is a MC President, builds houses, is an entrepreneur, a bad boy and a high society bachelor (who gets invited to things like governor balls). The story also features a heroine who is an owner of a multi-million dollar real estate business, an orphan, a control freak, a bitchy boss, a badass chick(she knows guns and how to fight), and a closet submissive. Now, tell me, do these main characters sound like superheroes?

LOL, the storyl
Gitanc
Oct 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
What do I think?

I think I am tired of reading crap based on raving goodread reviews.

I think at a time when reading is at an all time high, we are drowning in writings not worth reading.

I think the self publishing opportunities available today provide us with some chances to read worthwhile stories of talented unknown authors, but the avalanche of junk being produced gives us lottery odds of finding anything decent.

I think every Tammy, Diane, & Harriet who just decide to write a book one day
~IreneOust~
DNF.

photo eyeroll_zps834f1440.gif

Returned for refund. Too juvenile for my taste.
Jen
May 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jen by: Jamie
I battled with the rating on this book; but in the end decided on a three stars. I find myself for the first time ever, not caring much for the hero in the story. In my opinion, he came off as uncaring, self-centered, and demanding in an unpleasant way. I am a huge lover of "alpha males" in the stories that I read. The more possessive they are the better. Even when they come across as demanding, it is done in away that shows they highly respect their woman; and her comfort and needs always come ...more
Christine
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy Shit Balls...!!!
WHAT.A.RIDE...!!

That was awesome!!! Ok at this very moment I am cursing up a storm because I did not expect that ending...!!! It wasn't a bad one, it wasn't a good one, it wasn't one that I wanted and it definitely was not one I was expecting. Come to think of it...I kinda knew that was gonna happen coz there were only a few pages left and the story wasn't anywhere near being finished but what I can conclude from my rant is that I loved it!

Dallas is a self made millionaire.
Harper Sloan
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well... THAT is how you write a hero to lust, swoon, obsess, crave and effing love! Jesus Lord Kim! Give me more Luke!
Tipani
Jul 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
Zury
May 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
I found so many things “Wrong” with this book that is a miracle I finished it. OK, where to start…
The quotes were all jumbled together. There were MANY instances where I had to re-read the sentences twice to understand who said what.

I felt all throughout the book like big chunks of the story were cut out, leaving the reader to guess what had happened in between scenes.

First Dallas was a spoiled, conceited brat who did not trust anyone, and then all of a sudden, she is BFF with her Assistant. Sh
✿kawehi.reviews
May 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!
I was hoping that maybe with the good reviews and all that "Saving Dallas" could perhaps meet up to the hype of motorcycle gang books like Kristen Ashley's 'Own the Wind' or 'Fire Inside" but this doesn't even come close!

The plot was boring, the pacing was slow, there were a few typos in the text, and the characters were so annoying!! Especially Dallas!! So whiny and immature. And Luke, well, I didn't see the hype about him really. Nothing extraordinary about him.

These char
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
May 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kim-jones
I'm going to be nice and say this book was not for me. It may be for some but again not for me. The story was all over the place, it was not believable and the way she ended it made me yell out OH COME ON!!!!

The sad truth is that I'll pick up book two cause I wanna know more. I'm a glutton for punishment.
Denisa
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Gah, this chick was so annoying!

It's too late to DNF this book (since I already finished it and all...) but if I'd do it all again I'd probably give up on this book pretty soon. Boring, cliche, annoying characters. The male char wasn't too bad, only thing that saved this book a bit.
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
Writing wise the book was excellent, Character wise? Not so much. Not at all
We have this rich spoiled bish sitting in a bar feeling sorry for herself because her boyfriend dumped her for a 5 (and she is a 10, ummmm ok?).
She is out to find herself a one nighter...she literally has some altercation with a cowboy when she gets rescued by our hero Luke... (supposed goon, as she calls him and his bikers) he takes her home, leaves her hanging..and the next day she is already sending a thank you note
Anna
Sep 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
I am once again completely baffled by the number of glowing reviews for this book!

Dallas is the most shallow, dense, clingy, stupid character I think I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. She is a highly successful, ambitious, smart business savy millionaire 26 yr old. Yet, she has unprotected sex with a complete stranger who takes her home from a bar to his place! Within hours of meeting they are in love. She is a no nonsense alpha bitch one minute and a whiny, complaining child the next.
Heather
2.5 stars... Let me preface this with the fact that I LOVE Alpha Men.. add in some tattoos and a bike, well

Dallas Knox was a character that I could not stand. You know the kind that if they spontaneously combusted in front of you, you'd actually have to think really really really hard before even wasting a drop of your own spit to potentially save them-- yeah, she was it for me. I had a very hard time connecting to her.

Being five foot four with a body most people only dream of can get you a l
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
Rated 4.5 Stars

As Biker books go, I thought this one was rockin. I burned out on them though and no longer read them, for now anyway.

I've read the whole series now and would give it a roundup of 4.0.

So, if your into Biker stories, give this one a shot. Lotsa crazy times they have.

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
I Loved this book..Once I got into the story with all the twists and turns, I couldn't put it down, it didn't bother me that there was no mention of a second book until the very end of this, I can handle that, what I can't handle is the bugger of a cliff hanger!! That sucked!! I want book 2 now!!
Wminbc
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Despite the huge editing issues...I really enjoyed this one...heads up...I will beta read and edit Saving Dallas #2 just to get an advanced copy! Cheers!

Just read Kim's blog and there is NO WAY this book could be a 1 star!!! My 4 star rating was primarily based upon the edits and typos that are jarring when I am totally grooving on the story, the awesome (real) characters...
Try this one out if you love MC or love stories with angst!
Nicole
Feb 10, 2014 rated it did not like it
I only made it to Chapter 8. This book is pretty awful. Bad character development, ridiculous insta-love with a mix of nonsenscial angst, and multiple editing mistakes.

Had I spent money on this book by itself, I would have demanded a refund. Thankfully, I got it as part of an anthology, and the other books made up for this dud.
Nicci   ☞ Hell Raisin Sugar  ☜
More questions left unanswered than answered, but I am hooked.....on a MC Gang and it's not Chaos....

The whole CDC (which mean Cunts Don't Count, BTW) naturally pissed me off, but Luke never expressed that sentiment. Love him. He reminds me a great deal of another sweetie pie MC Prez. Cannot wait for the next book!
~ Cariad ~
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this cover!!!

I've somehow managed to read this series in completely random order - this should have been first!
It hasn't really mattered, I don't think? The story is still great!

Had a knock a star off, the writing wasn't up to the standard of KJ's later books...*sighs*...its probably 4.5 story/4 for the writing to be clearer!

I didn't particularly like Dallas for most of this one, nor Luke for some of it but as the story played out, we learn that there's a lot more to their characters tha
Desarae
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
aust read Saving Dallas & it is by far one of my favorite reads of 2013 so far, and in my 10 favorites of all I have read which is close to 300 just since last September. This story is raw and captures your heart & breaks it all at once but in such a good way. I can't wait for book 2.... you are a gifted writer & I thank you for this book. Your talent is shown in this first book & I can't imagine it getting any better but look forward to you surpassing all expectations.
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
or a 4, either way, I love this book! I love a good biker book always, I love the action, the hotness, the mystery, the fights! Only thing is, it ended with me feeling so bad and I wanna know what happens next! I am not a big fan of cliffhangers! gah!
Roses Book Blog
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As a blogger and an avid reader I have read my share of books ranging from sweet and loving to down right erotic and disturbing. But I have a special place in my heart of bikers and no matter what I am reading I will drop it just to read it. Not every single one I have read has been great but I have to say that Saving Dallas ranks among my top 5 favorite books about Bikers. The first thing that drew me to this book was the cover. I happened by chance to see it while I was looking at another book ...more
Shannon
Jan 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
I am so disappointed in this book. I am determined to only read completed series, so I feel like I have waited forever for the series to be complete and start Saving Dallas. First, I want to say I am so glad I caught this book on sale and only spent $0.99 because if I had spent the $3.88 it is currently listed for, I would have been furious. I was looking forward to this book. I really enjoy MC books, both dark biker books and biker-lite. I think the overall storyline of this book was good, but ...more
Indy
May 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
After finishing one of Kirsten Ashley Dream Man novels recently, was on a biker bad boy kick. Should know that anything else pales in comparison, so unfair disadvantage already against any other author, but this was another striking example of when a good storyline goes bad due to poor writing.

Dallas is a wealthy woman with deceased parents who has a hidden past. One night she meets Lucas, construction owner/biker president, while falling at a bar one night. Fast forward 24-48 hours and now the
CeCe
Nov 12, 2013 rated it liked it
I have read a lot of books where the girls either start off with a lot of confidence or lack of.

Dallas had a lot of confidence, but it came off as conceited. Dallas thought she was "close to a 10" and thought to herself how could her ex-boyfriend cheat on her with a girl who worked at Arby’s, and drive a Honda? That came off as a bit b***chy to me. As I continued reading about Dallas I thought “maybe your ex cheated on you because he did not think you were all that!” However, I thought okay thi
~*~Brooke's Stripped Down Reviews~*~
3.75 Stars

I lust after bikers. I wanna be an Ol' Lady. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the club and their 'laws don't effect me' way of life. However...
After the first MC book I ever read...nothing has been the same. MC books just don't compare to the one I absolutely LOVE...which shall remain nameless, for the sake of this review.

So Yes, Luke Carmical is sexy, studly, HOT, and full of endurance. I didn't like Dallas at first but she grew on me. Thank GOD she got over her self...she was a little too full o
Ashley Harden
May 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Needs editing, majorly. Heroin is not likable at all. She makes a comment about having gave up everything for the hero which was ridiculous because she didn't have to give up anything beside having to learn not to be a selfish bitch! I also feel like there's too much going on too fast and it doesn't really allow you to connect to the characters. I do like books like this but feel like this one needs to go back through some major editing and brainstorming. I also feel like this story would be bet ...more
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bikers
Okay I know alot of people maybe didn't like this book! But me, I kinda loved it!
Maybe cause I am partial to tattood biker boys! :-)

Anyway, I loved Luke and I loved his relationship with Dallas! This story was a bit far fetched cause I mean people don't just fall in love on sight! Maybe Lust yah!
But for me, I think that's what books are for, to live in the far-fetched world.

So me, I loved every minute of this book!
Avail on B&N 1 11 Nov 08, 2013 12:49PM
Release date of book 3????? 1 36 Oct 23, 2013 11:54AM
Kindle Lending (T...: SAVING DALLAS 3 22 Jul 03, 2013 05:27PM
Release date of book 2 7 133 Jun 11, 2013 02:31PM

• Withstanding Me (Breakneck, #2)
  • Satin and Steel (Riding the Line, #2)
  • Rough Ride (Riding With Honor, #1)
  • Sweet Ride (Ride, #2)
  • Beauty and the Bad Boy (Bad Boy #1)
  • Hot Ride
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Holding On (Lights of Peril, #1)
  • Incineration (Heart of Stone, #1; NSC Industries, #2)
  • Unattainable (Undeniable, #3)
  • Club Ties (Trinity Falls, #2)
  • Renegade Lady (Renegade Sons MC, #1)
  • Defiance (Defiance, #1)
  • Chief's Angel (Biker Rockstar, #3)
  • Out of Darkness (Heaven Hill, #2)
  • Breathing His Air (Bantorus MC, #1)
  • Severed Angel (Severed MC, #1)
  • Craving Constellations (The Aces, #1)
Kim Jones is just a girl who writes books, has a box fan and laughs at her own jokes.

Saving Dallas (3 books)
  • Making the Cut (Saving Dallas, #2)
  • Saving Dallas Forever (Saving Dallas, #3)