Start by marking “Ignite (Ignite, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ignite (Ignite, #1)

Ignite

(Ignite #1)

Penemuel (Pen) fell from grace over a millennium ago, yet there are still times she questions her decision to follow her twin brother, Azael, to Hell. Now that the archangel Michael has returned, threatening Lucifer’s vie for the throne, she begins questioning everything she has always believed.

As Hell prepares for war - spreading a demonic virus and pilfering innocent so
Published June 11th 2013 by Patchwork Press

To ask other readers questions about Ignite, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Miranda
Details can make or break a book. Depending on the reader, some details will work and some won’t. Unfortunately for me, Ignite was full of details that just didn’t click together.

The entire premise is based around a looming war between Heaven and Hell, angels and demons. Our main character is one such demon, formerly an angel before she fell, named Penemuel. Pen is now set with the task of killing and collecting souls for Hell for the upcoming battles with her twin brother Azael. However, from
Chiara
Penemuel is a demon; a fallen angel forced into the icy pit of hell, where she is doomed to play out the same thing over and over - the killing of mortals. Pen hasn't the ability to reap the souls of the bodies that she kills, and that is where her twin brother, Azael comes in. Az is the only thing in Pen's life that means anything, he is her only constant.
But when the archangel Michael returns, Pen is forced to question her blind faith in Az, and her decision to side with Hell. As a second war
pearl.
***Note: I had received an ARC of Incite, the second book in the Ignite series, from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. Naturally, I prefer to read a series in full, so I also requested a copy of Ignite in exchange for my honest review.

I knew I would love Ignite just from reading the opening chapter! Erica Crouch drew me into this world she had created and I felt like I walked through every page and scene with Penemuel (Pen), the lead character. I've had a love/hate relationship wit
Alma Q
Apr 02, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of poorly timed references to classic literature & SNARK; people who liked Ee's Angelfall?
(April 5th, 2016)

Strike one:
A line of poetry drips in my mind like the blood between my fingers. William Butler Yeats, one of my favorites.
Strike two:
The girl, who looks about nineteen, has burgundy hair that falls haphazardly around her shoulders. I read her tag: St. Luke’s Memorial Hospital, Julie Owen, DOB 04/04/1990, Schizotypal Personality Disorder, Dangerous. She’s older than she looks. Her dark muddy eyes are wide and her bottom lip trembles. “Is the doctor ready?” She jerks her arm an
Marguerite (Fluffzilla)
I've got mixed feelings about this one. There was so many things I disliked I'm surprised I actually kind of like it. And I'm gonna go with 2.75 stars.

Here I come ! Where should I begin ?

Ignite is about angels, you can guess that just looking at the cover. And I don't like books with angels, the're probably my second least favourite thing in the YA world. Second to werewolves, because although I do like dogs and wolves, weres are kind of gross. Is that racist ? Well, I'm sure it's Jacob's fault,
Adele
Ignite is very well written. The book has a nice flow to it, and as we read a long, the story...reveals itself? There are some things that I feel were left untouched that the author just skimmed over. With that, the story is indeed interesting. Ignite was exciting when it needed to be, and when things calmed down.. Thats when bits and pieces of the story were revealed.

There are some great characters in this book. And they have big emotional awakenings. The settings were really god and everythin
Shelley
**I received this book for free from (Patchwork Press) via (NetGalley) in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Young Adult, Paranormal
*Rating* 3.5

*My Thoughts*

Ignite is the first book in Erica Crouch's Ignite trilogy. The story is told in the first person narrative by Penemuel (Pen) who fell from grace along with her brother Azael. As a team that is nearly inseparable, Pen does most of the killing, while Az r
Olivia (Bookcomet)
I wish the sequel was coming out sooner! And it is such a long wait for the novella too!

Put it this way, if you like the angel vs demons or just angel/demon books in general, then this is your book. With. Out. A. Doubt. This must be one of my favourite angel books I have read so far. There was just so much action! And new ideas!

I just have to give a shout out to the cover. It is pretty cool. The cover just suits the story perfectly and is just so pretty.

My favourite part of the story HAS to be
Tamara
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a hard battle to figure out if this book really deserved 3.5 or 4.0, so I'm just gonna say 3.75 stars.

Angels are born to obey. Faith alone keeps them in their places, but when one speaks out, claiming he is better than man, he falls. Many fall after him, hoping for a different life.

Ultimately;
Hero is slay
Bother versus Brother
Reincarnation
Twins inseparable
One is truly black, the other is gray
Can there really be gray?
Good lov
Marjolein
Full review to come!
Jinan H
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
rating 4.5 stars

I have to admit. I haven't read many angel/demon/heaven books. All of their premises sound ridiculously similar & I find no use in reading the same story but with different names for the main characters.

I started watching the Word Nerds when they started & I totally fell in love with them. So when I learned that Erica has a published book, I went on goodreads to check it out. Once I read the synopsis, "ugh not another Angel story!!!" was the first thing that passed my mi
Leonor (Ner)
Also published in "A Cup of Coffee and a Book"

Rating: 4,5 stars.

Disclaimer: I received this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Finally… a book with angels I thoroughly enjoyed.

*cue “Hallelujah” music*

Oh God… I seriously need to stop with these gifs!!

Ignite is about Pen and her brother, Azael, who fell from grace centuries and centuries ago. They kill and reap souls to take to Hell and are trying to climb their way in the demons rankings and please Lucifer.

However, after a s
Laura Greenwood

Title: Ignite
Series: Ignite (#1)
Author: Erica Crouch
From: Netgalley
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Fantasy
Release Date: 11th June 2013
Challenges: 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge, 2016 Blogger Shame, Summer COYER 2016
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Penemuel (Pen) fell from grace over a millennium ago, yet there are still times she questions her decision to follow her twin brother, Azael, to Hell. Now
Ashley Ferguson
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review and others be found at The AP Book Club

I am still amazed that Erica Crouch is only 20 years old. Because seriously, girl can tell a story. So major kudos to her. This book was fantastic and had me on the edge of my seat pretty much the whole time. Once I got into it, it was so hard for me to put it down and do things that needed to get done... like sleeping and eating. Things start out a little slow, but they eventually pick up and everything becomes so fast paced that I feel like if
Barbara
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Rate: 4.5/5

I was suffering from a reading slump. Not anymore.

Have you ever read a book so good it hurts?!
Well, I have read books like that. I've read a lot of books like that, to be honest. And this one? This one is one of those.
Penemuel (*screams* IT'S PEN) is a demon, and, as any other demon, she has no heart. She has no soul. She has no feelings... at least that's what is supposed to happen... right?
Well, no

Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I originally requested Ignite I wasn't completely sure whether I would like this story or not, throw in the fact it's about teenagers made me a bit pensive.I actually really enjoyed it though, I finished it within four hours because it grabbed my attention from the very beginning. I also was concerned about the possible religious aspects to this book, since it is about angels an demons. I can happily say that while God is mentioned an certain parts of the Bible are talked about it's not com ...more
Kayla D
A free digital copy of this book was sent to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

There’s really not much to say about Ignite…except that it’s an awesome, butt-kicking book! It’s actually the first book dealing with angels, heaven and hell that I actually liked. I never expected something this good from a debut novel and you have to remember that I read the unedited ARC version.

Ignite is told from the perspective of Penemuel or Pen, a demon who can kill but not reap souls. This t
Ayah

My Review:

I received an e ARC of Ignite from Patchwork Press via Net Galley in exchange with an honest review.

I went into this knowing nothing but that it revolved around Angels and Demons''Paranormal". I also heard nothing but good things about it, and watched the author's vlogs and decided that this book must be awesome. And I was right, I enjoyed reading Ignite and here is why!

The writing is, and I am in no way exaggerating this,is magical ! It is just so beautiful, that I plan on getting bac
Khulood
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2015
I loved this book! As the number of pages left got smaller, all I could think of is "no no I want more!!".

I've always been a sucker for a good angel/demon love story (there aren't many), and surprisingly, this book isn't just about the romance.

The whole book is from a demon's point of view, which I found very different and unique. We almost never get to be inside the head of what is always perceived as "the bad guy"- in this case, bad gal.

Penemuel (Pen), our main character, is so refreshing! Sh
Juletta Gilge
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
**Copy provided by author via NetGalley in exchange for honest review.**

Wow, I'm not sure quite what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. This book far surpassed my expectations. I loved the plot and characters so much, I'm thrilled to read the next one.

Pen was such a lovable character, she saw herself as evil because of the things that she has done. She and her brother, Azael, both fell from heaven, and now work for Lucifer. Enter an angel named Michael (oh yes, that Michael) and now we have
Future Slayer Girl
This story is going to stay with me for a very long time! I mean I am totally going to take all these characters to bed with me ( not in a naughty way lol)

Wow!

It is so hard to find good Angel and Demon stories. Often times the demons aren't bad enough and the Angels just come off stupid and vapid.

Not in this book!

Not only were the demons deliciously wicked and rotten to the core of their nonexistent souls--but they were written so well! I loathed Azael! My god he was selfish, self serving, self
Ashley
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ignite was the first book I cracked open and I was glad I did. I haven’t read many books about angels and demons, so I went into Ignite unsure of what to expect. It grabbed me from the very start and kept me turning page after page well into the wee hours of the morning, much to my own dismay the next day when Graham woke me up bright and early. Honestly, though I regret nothing.

Ignite is the tale of Penemuel, a fallen angel turned demon who isn’t comfortable with her new life. Unlike her twin b
CeCe
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
My favorite paranormal, fantasy stories tend to be ones that involve angels and demons. I love particularly love paranormal books since the author can let their imagination and the story go and be whatever they want it to be.

I have usually read paranormal books where the demon is male, but in this story the demons is the girl and the angel is the guy.

Did I feel connected to the characters? Yes. I felt connected to the good and the evil characters in the story.

“You’re not heartless,” he
Elizabeth Emily Browne
"I've heard the Angels say that. Something about how the road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

I bought this book after receiving a copy of Entice from Netgalley to read and review. I loved that book and so it inspired me to buy the series which I did that very day.

It has been a long time since I've fell in love with a book so whole-heartedly. Everything about this book was perfect. From the pace, to the characters, to the storyline. Everything made sense and I was never confused. Everyt
Keyreads
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads

OMG!! Can we just admire this cover?!! The cover of this book just drew me in.

I was very impressed with the writing style from this author. This series has the potential to be very successful.

From the very beginning I fell in love with the character Azeal. His sarcasm and humor jumped right off the page. I thought the relationship with him and his sister was very honest. I felt the sibiling rivarly and duty to family in every scene.

The cliff-hangers at the end of the chapters had me on the edge
Terra Harmony
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Angel books and this one did not disappoint. The writing was a perfect blend of description and leaving a little up to the imagination, drawing you right into the story. There was enough action to keep me turning the pages, and enough romance to leave me thinking about it when I went to bed at night. I really loved the main character, Pen, a demon who falls in love with an angel. Can't wait to find out what happens with Pen and Michael, and really the rest of the world! Apocalypse anyone?
Victoria (victoriashaz)
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I very thoroughly enjoyed this. It started off with some sections that I found a little awkward (personal taste though) but it progressed into something that I found compulsively readable. Pen's narrative voice is strong, and she was a compelling character. I enjoyed the references to classical literature, and the manner in which they were intertwined into the plot and the scenes was very well done!
Chiara
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Aw, yis. Love this book. Cannot help but adore the shit out of Azael, though. I want one.
Kirsty-Marie Jones
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
description

Review originally posted on Studio Reads

Fallen from Heaven, Penemuel and her twin brother Azael followed in Lucifer’s steps, and plead to do his word. At first, Pen and Az were amongst highest demons, having a part in the taking down of Archangel Michael and corrupted the balance of Heaven and Hell, ending the raging war between them, for now. Failing in their plan to corrupt the first man, Adam, Pen and Az were mocked, and slowly slid down in ranks, having to claw their way back up the Level 3
ari
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
A 4.5/5 stars.
Angel and Devils are meant to distinguish the difference between good and evil – heaven and hell. But what happens when a fallen angel – a demon — is not enjoying the bloodshed and scent of death as her kind is suppose to? Is it even possible to feel without a heart?

Lately, Pen has been distractedly following behind her brother Azael, on their mission of destruction. As they both continue on this hunt to kill and capture souls, Pen slowly starts to see that her brother’s way of han
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 4 Jun 27, 2015 12:13PM
  • The Second Sign (The Second Sign, #1)
  • Silence of the Wolves (Call of the Wilderness #1)
  • Awakened (The Legends Of Elyndia, #1)
  • Creatures of Fire
  • Angel Bait (Angel Assassins, #1)
  • Sacrifice (The Tate Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Edge of Truth
  • Uprising (Winged, #2)
  • Asleep (Fairytale Collection #2)
  • Verses of Athine: The Daughter of Ares Chronicles Collection
  • When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals, #2)
  • The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
  • The Vampire Underground (Grisly High #1)
  • Angelstone (Dark Angel, #2)
  • Heart of Briar (The Portals #1)
  • Mine to Tarnish (Mine, #0.5)
  • Devour
  • Rook (Timeless Games, #1)
Erica Crouch is a fiction writer and genre hopper. She has co-founded two publishing collectives, Patchwork Press and Weapenry, and has produced nine novels and two screenplays. Originally from Ellicott City, Erica has since moved into the heart of Annapolis, Maryland where she continues to write while studying law.

Read more about her online at ericacrouch.com.

Ignite (4 books)
  • Incite (Ignite, #2)
  • Engage: An Ignite Novella (Ignite #2.5)
  • Infinite (Ignite #3)
“Yes, Hell is very serious business. That’s why no one ever smiles down there.” 5 likes
“No one is only good or only bad. We have a bit of both inside of us all.” 3 likes