Start by marking “Good Cop (Heroes of Henderson, #1)” as Want to Read:
Good Cop (Heroes of Henderson, #1)

Good Cop

(Heroes of Henderson #1)

Lolly DuVal has signed on to help Henderson’s ‘Golden Boy’ learn to loosen up, shake his good cop image, and embrace his inner bad-boy. Yum!

At the same time, she’s coaching the town’s notorious ‘Great Seducer’ on how to appreciate women outside the bedroom. Hmmm.

And the two of them are best friends.

What could possibly go wrong?
Published April 23rd 2013 by Kelly Girl Productions (first published April 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Good Cop, please sign up.

Bette Hansen
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fun sexy read that had me laughing out loud. With a strange little love triangle going on, Lolly DuVal has more male attention then she knows what do with. Brooks and Vance are best friends and now they both have their eye on the lovely Ms. DuVal. Brooks has always had a thing for Lolly but the age difference made him stay away. Well she's all grown up now and he's determined to make her his. Vance has issues with women. Outside the bedroom anyway. Lolly agrees to help him learn to app ...more
Shelly Ash
Lolly is caught between two handsome cops. One is considered the golden boy and good cop, the other, a bad boy and bad cop. She needs to teach one a few bad boy ways and the other how to truly appreciate a woman…outside of sex. A big complication is the fact that they're best friends and want the same woman. She's decided for the time being, she'll just take them both!

I adored Good Cop! It kept me laughing from beginning to end and fanning myself at the same time. Whoa, I loved the dialog betwee
Beth
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My 1st read, written by Liz Kelly. I have never laughed so much, I think there are lots of other men and ladies who could really use this program (that is what I am picking to call it?) being able to work with a person from the opposite sex as them to understand or how/why they are are the way they are... to learn how to work together. Maybe it is like being like a great listener without judging, we could all use that. But I think you really have to set a guideline ... why I often wonder if men ...more
Kylie Gilmore
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book right from the beginning as Brooks and Vance drew me in. Liz Kelly gets guy talk and the pair felt very real and believable. The heroine Lolly is caught in a love triangle between the two—one bad cop and one good cop—but it’s always clear which one she’s meant to be with. Can’t wait to read Bad Cop!
Cynthia
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this from beginning to end, there were a few places I thought get on with it already but the author put a new twist on it that had me hook. The best part is the humor and the pull between them, the chemistry is wonderful, the passion hot. It was a fun read that had be laughing out loud not only at what was going on but at the characters their selves for the mess they made, the misunderstanding and the pull of a friendship that could have been more.

Mr. Lawrence prefect job in the
Cheryl
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for this book, but I almost didn't want to read it. I do NOT like that whole two-guys-competing-for-the-same-woman trope. I've been down that road before in a different series and was beyond pissed when I figured it out...and it was a cliffhanger! No cliffhangers here but I did struggle with this book. I loved Brooks, I liked Lolly and Vance...but I also hated Lolly and Vance. See my dilemma? Possible spoilers to follow....

By making Lolly clueless and slightly obtuse to Brooks
Heavenly
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have received a gifted copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first book by Liz. I have really enjoyed Playin Cop, but in here I'm a bit confused. I don't mind the whole triangle, where 2 guys want one girl. Sometimes I really like especially where there is more laugh than drama, but here I was not so happy.

Vance was not my favourite character and Lolly was sometimes annoying ;) but I loved Brooks. He is funny and so much is going around him.

I loved the
Monica
Rating: 2 stars (It was going to be a 4 star book for me until the change of events described below)

This book is about a girl who wants two guys and doesn't feel any need to choose one, but pretends like she's only dating one. Why have one when you can have them both? This was an interesting spin on a love triangle. Both guys want the girl and they are best friends. It kind of has that feel of "well if she chooses you, then I will just have to live with it." One is a good guy (hence the title) a
Melissa Spears
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story

First time reading this author....I will be reading all of her work from her on! Great story with wonderful character development! I love a HEA especially one that has other characters you fall I love with!
Kelly Thompson
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous!!

I absolutely loved this book! Best thing I've read in weeks! I found myself laughing out loud repeatedly, so I had to be careful where I was reading. The characters are great and I will be reading all the others in this series as soon as possible.
Vickie Raynor
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing romantic story. The excitement as I read just kept building. The camaraderie of the characters catch you up in the story and you can't put the book down. I kept laughing out loud so much, my husband said "must be a good book". It is! Can't wait for the next one!
Brit ☾
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great-firsts
I would like the rest of them now please? :)
Gaele
AudioBook Review:
Stars: Overall: 3 Narration: 4 Story: 3

I like small town settings: the struggle that characters experience in changing or altering their direction and personalities, not to mention gentle nudges to potential couples does often come into play. Brooks and Vance have never left town: and have managed to continue that childish competition from high school and macho posing into adulthood: even if the time for this is gone.

Brooks’ intentions are to make Henderson somewhere people W
S.R. Roddy
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Happy to be wrong.

I love to read, it’s my biggest vice and greatest joy. With the utter crap I’ve come across lately, mixed in with some mediocre reads and a few decent stories, I hadn’t held out high hopes for this book. I was so wrong.
From the very beginning, the author caught my attention with the sexual tension created. The characters were well developed and likable. I must also point out that while the sexual attraction was present throughout this fun tale, and it was by no means clean, the
Crystal Barnhart
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read

I really wanted to give this five stars. You have no clue. This book was cute and sexy with tons of drama. I love Brooks. He was sexy smart driving and dedicated as well as loyal. Lolly was such an adorable little mess of trouble but she definitely rounded out Brooks. Vance was such a great character to add into the mix. I just wish it had been a more definitive line drawm when she picked Brooks. I know shes young and flirty but shes a little too aloof. All in all a great read. Some mi
Tbarb
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Liz Kelly has written a series that speaks to my soul. Heroes of Henderson is based in the Southern small town of Henderson, NC & it’s characters are the townspeople or former townspeople.
In Good Cop, the town’s Golden Boy, Brooks Bennett & his best friend, resident Bad Boy Vance Evans began their plan to find love & turn Henderson into one of America’s Best Places to Live. I’ve already fallen in love with all the characters (& there’s plenty) & I’ve only read Book 1. I can’t
Amanda
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Short review. Slight spoilers. This book could have been four stars but I didn't like how the conflict between the three main characters was handle. I wanted to see Brooke stand up for himself not quickly forgive Vance and Lolly for their behavior that they knew was harming their individual respectable relationship with Brooke. If there had been some groveling from Vance and Lolly and promises that they will never behave that way again with each other I might have given it four stars.
Samantha Reeves
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: liz-kelly
This read is heart warming and halirous. Lolly DeVal finds herself in the midst of a pretty funny love triangle when she agrees to help Brooks and Vance. I literally couldn't put the book down! In fact I picked up the audible version for those times I want to reread it and don't have free hands ;) Fantastic read! An intriguing storyline with well developed and relatable characters!! Not to mention a fantastic book one for a lovely time in Henderson :D
Deborah
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had fun listening to this audio book. I imagined myself in the lead role. I would love to have two guys pursuing me, especially when in a non-threatening situation. All of the characters were entertaining. I found myself chuckling several times. If looking for a quick, fun,read, I recommend this book.
Chris
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was such a fun read. Great characters, awesome story, engaging! Not only did Brooks and Lilly have a great story but the side characters kept it fun and interesting also. Can’t wait for Vance’s story!
Karen
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book!

I love this book. Everything in it was well written and made want to keep reading to find out what happens next. Can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series.
Regina
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining read, although I'm usually not a big fan of love triangles.
The bromance between Brooks and Vance was great, but I think my favorite part of the book was the secondary romance with Lolly's mom - and of course all the meddling family members and friends!
Carolyn Spence
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Spectacular, Amazing, AWESOME. First time read for this author and I love her! Burst out laughing a few times through out the story, not just once, or twice. Strong characters, very detailed descriptions and the interaction between the characters.
Annette
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesomeness!!

I don't know where it how I found this book but I'm just glad I did!!! This book had me laughing out loud like busting out with tears ;). It is very well written. I couldn't out it down ;) I'm ready for us next book!!!
Pat Christie
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Free Ebook first in series

He’s a good cop living in his hometown. He’s a really good guy focused on becoming mayor and helping revitalizing his hometown, but she’s home from school and he’s loved her for years....
Colleen Sasser
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

This book was a delightful, and sometimes very funny love story. I enjoyed the characters and the multi-generation romances. The mystery of guys true reasons for their problems was very interesting. A great story.
Bridget
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Parts of this book were ridiculous, but it was entertaining.
Geneva Stokes
Apr 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-my-type
Not my type book. sorry
Sharon Pehrson
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
A little slow in places. Wanted to tell them to get on with it, but all in all it was a good read.
Tracey Tranter
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and cant wait for the chance to read Bad Cop. The story is fast paced, sexy, hilarious and romantic. I read for entertainment and this book was certainly entertaining.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Risk It (Rule Breakers, #4)
  • Watching You (KJ Elite Inc #1)
  • With Every Breath (Wanderlust #1)
  • Hell on Heels (Hotel Rodeo, #1)
  • Royally Wrong
  • Somebody to Love (Rock Stars in Disguise #0.4)
  • Walking Back to Georgia (The Guitar Face Series Book 3)
  • Conflicted (5th Avenue, #1)
  • Slay Me  (Rock Gods, #1)
  • Craving for Love (Snow Kissed Love, #1)
  • Stand (Stone Kings MC, #4)
  • Vindication (Black Dogs MC, #3)
  • Truth or Dare (Dare to Love, #1)
  • Slashed (Extreme Risk, #3)
  • Love and Leprechauns (Ballybeg, #3)
  • Primal Force (K-9 Rescue, #3)
  • Hard: A Military Stepbrother Romance
  • Mine (Club Sin, #7)
USA Today bestselling author of the Heroes of Henderson Series.

Liz's Heroes of Henderson series grew out of the New Year's Eve Anthology, Countdown To A Kiss, where the Devine Sisters of Henderson, N.C. had a bet every year at their parents' New Year's Eve ball. The sister who didn't have a date to kiss at midnight had to kiss their nerdy neighbor, Lewis Kampmueller.

Duncan James, the hero of Liz's

Heroes of Henderson (4 books)
  • Bad Cop (Heroes of Henderson, #2)
  • Top Dog (Heroes of Henderson, #3)
  • UnderDog (Heroes of Henderson, #4)