Start by marking “A Rare Vintage (Wine Country Romance #1)” as Want to Read:
A Rare Vintage (Wine Country Romance #1)

A Rare Vintage

(Wine Country Romance #1)

Note: Alternative cover edition can be found here.

Isabella DaSilva hurtles toward California's wine country in an effort to outrun her past, hoping to lose herself among the vines and make her mark as an intern at a pioneering winery with an impressive reputation.

Jonathan Sauvage is at the helm of the struggling winery -- battling demons of his own and unprepared for the
Published May 31st 2013

To ask other readers questions about A Rare Vintage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rare Vintage

Michelle Bowman  / We Love Kink .com
Jonathan Sauvage has had a tough go of it lately. With his fiancé leaving him, and his father passing way leaving him an charge of a fledging winery he doesn’t know if he can keep it going without help. So he decides to accept an apprentice and grant from a program Cornell University is sponsoring.

Isabella DaSilva is not the type of apprentice he is expecting first of all she is female ans second of all she wastes no time in giving her ideas on what can be improved. She starts speaking her mind
Karen M
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, first-reads
There was a time in my life where I read many romance novels but I admit to having slacked off romances and have been more into mysteries and fantasy the last few years. Well, I discovered I was very happy to have this lovely romance to read and I can see a few romance novels in my near future.

I had forgotten how you can get so caught up in someones else's romance that you forget what time it is and what you are supposed to be doing. A Rare Vintage swept me away with it's wine country, handsome
Betty
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jonathan Sauvage is the owner of Chateau Sauvage. He hs been having difficulty running the winery since his fathers death and things are really looking pretty bad. He has agreed to take on a grad student from Cornell's wind program, but is surprised when a beautiful young woman arrives to fill the spot.
Isabella DaSilva has many reasons for leaving the east coast to drive clear across the country to become an apprentice for Jonathan Sauvage. Falling in love was not one of those reasons.
The c
Jane
A Rare Vintage is a book about a California winery but in Paso Robles, north of Los Angeles instead of in Northern California. Isabella DaSilva, a winemaker intern comes from New York to help Jonathan Sauvage to bring to market a pioneer vintage to restore the family's winery impressive reputation.

Isabella and Jonathan feel a strong attraction from the first sight of each other. Romance develops and they each face the difficulties from their past until harvest, when ... You will just have to rea
Melanie Harlow
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wine, romance, and beautiful writing! I loved this book. The setting is gorgeous, the chemistry between Isabella and Jonathan is fabulously steamy, and the way Delancey Stewart writes about making (and drinking) wine is FANTASTIC. You will want to enjoy a glass--or a bottle--of red wine as you read, trust me! A Rare Vintage reminds me of The Villa by Nora Roberts, one of my all-time favorite reads. I can't wait to for the next book in the series!
Nancy Luebke
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads
I really enjoyed this book. I liked that the chapters switched back from the thoughts of the two main characters. The only thing that seemed strange was their immediate passion. I liked the insite to the grape growing process. I received this book from Goodreads in exchange for my honest opinion.
Delancey
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I might be a bit biased... :)
Kristine
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like 3 1/2 stars but I rounded up. It's a really sweet traditional type romance. I liked both characters all right but Isabella was a little blah for me. Didn't make any real deep connection with them. The book was a quick bubble gum read for me. One thing I wish was (view spoiler)
Kristine
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wine it is

Four stars for wine education, a love story thrown in, a confusing child situ, and I still felt like something was missing. I felt like I was in junior high allover again with he said, she said thing. I guess sex was easier than talking.
Carla Krissinger
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written, but very different from the romance novels I'm used to reading. It's very tame but the storyline seemed rather real. Struggling financially, no billionaire brooding a-hole, no dirty talking fighter. I think it was a welcomed change!
Irene Ostman
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good read

this was a good book! cute romance and good developed characters! can't wait to read the rest of the books in the collection!
Patti
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good read. The two main characters in this story were hurting for different reasons but how they got past that and came together and fell I love was wonderful!!
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read! I loved the setting, and the whole concept of the book! Brings back memories of my honeymoon trip to wine country! Couldn't help but love Iz and Jon!
Terry Moskowitz
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When an intern (Isabelle) shows up at a winery that is falling apart, she helps to change the dynamics of it. Jonathan forgot all about his father requesting an intern before his passing. When she shows up Jonathan knows this is going to be trouble and is hoping it is worth it.
I felt this was a good read and it read fast and easily

Mary Jane McLeod
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This book is by a new author to me and I really enjoyed it. A great beginning of a new series. The book held my attention from the beginning. I'm looking forward to the next in the series.
Donna
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, romance
A well written romance. I liked the main characters and the surprises in the plot kept me engaged. Looking forward to the next book in this series.
Thom Swennes
First impressions are more important than many believe. That first glimpse of someone can be the determining factor for a failed or successful relationship. Isabella DaSilva is studying enology at Cornell University and has come to California for the summer to fulfill an apprenticeship in a vineyard/winery. When she first meets Jonathan Sauvage her feeling are mixed. She sees an egotistical, arrogant and opinionated yet physically imposing, smooth, confident and sensually handsome man, that both ...more
⚜️Trea
The cover blurb makes this book sound so great, but unfortunately, the inner contents didn't live up to it for me. The writing was extremely dull, using third person tense and switching between the hero and heroine's point of view, which would have been fine, if they had sounded radically different from one another and hadn't been announced at every turn! Everything moved very quickly, in a matter of days practically, and seemed to be resolved with a neat little bow for each and every plot threa ...more
Maria
May 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A slight romance. Not exciting and did'nt thrilled me at all.

And at the end, its only their feelings nor emotions showing of their love that they didn't even saying I Love You to each other untill the time he proposed.
Erika
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit, fiction, romance
Having just visited Paso Robles about three months ago made this book just that much more fun to read. As a lover of wine and romance this was a great, easy read and I can't wait to start the next book. Though I wish it was more about the characters introduced in this book.
Lindsay Gillis
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story filled with complicated characters. I felt so bad for the heroine, but was happy that she had a happy ending. I love stories about winemaking. Adding Delancey Stewart as one of my favorite authors.
Helen Stothard
This was an okay book but it didn't wow me, it had been recommended on one of the Facebook pages I follow and wasn't what I expected. It's a romance, but not overly believable, there were a couple of twists and turns but it still didn't engage me.
Tina Payne
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a fantastic book! Proves a story can be smart AND hot!! I'm looking forward to reading more books by Delancey Stewart!
Debbie
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: free, kindle
Nice setting in wine country, but just a typical sappy romance, moving too quickly, with a couple of emotional past wounds.
Lila
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspirational
Intriguing, set in the grape vineyards and wine-making. Much written about wishes for family. Sad, happy. :)
Bogormen
I didn't really get invested in/fall in love with the characters. And wine is not my thing.
Pamela
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A quick poolside read. Simple and predictive
Carol
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a quick read, great story
Kathi
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A terrific weekend read. Liked the characters. looking forward to reading the next in the series.."Redemption Red".
Crysea
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written. I loved the details about life on a vineyard. Very well developed characters too. I liked it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
A Rare Vintage FREE for a limited time! 1 3 Jun 21, 2014 08:16AM
Win a copy of A Rare Vintage! 6 3 May 22, 2013 12:55PM
  • Fatshionista
  • The Rain Began to Fall
  • Taking Charge
  • Healing Wounds (Scott/Price Family #1)
  • The Music Box
  • Valens Remembered (The Valens of Legacy, #1)
  • The Fourth Sunrise
  • Not A Chance
  • Taste of Silver
  • Thunder Snow (Thunder on the Mountain, #1)
  • Breaking Emma (Divisa, #2.5)
  • Downtown Green (Green #5)
  • Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, #2)
  • Too Close to the Sun
  • Coffee and Cockpits
  • Platinum Promises
  • Sweet Water
  • Lady Gone Bad (Gone Bad, #1)
I'm not big on labels, but there are a few that fit me (not necessarily in this order. Or maybe in this order):
- wine drinker (and wine geek)
- mother of small boys
- military spouse
- writer
- chocolate eater
- ice cream addict

I write about emotional connection and intimacy, and love giving readers smart, sexy books to curl up with.

Find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/delanceywrites

Find me o

Wine Country Romance (3 books)
  • Redemption Red (Love in the Vines, #2)
  • Beyond Redemption (Love in the Vines 3)
“Your love doesn't end because you find out that he's not related to you by blood. I believe that love transcends such small details as family lineage.” 2 likes
“My mother told me that it didn't matter who you were born to, what mattered was the family you made for yourself.” 2 likes