Start by marking “An Intrepid Trip to Love (A Little Bite of Love #1)” as Want to Read:
An Intrepid Trip to Love (A Little Bite of Love #1)

An Intrepid Trip to Love

(A Little Bite of Love #1)

Tristan ‘Trip’ Hagan is a Husky shifter who was born to be the Hagan Clan’s next Alpha, a position of honor and nobility, a position he never wanted and was all too happy to pass onto his younger brother. But when they discovered his brother couldn’t have pups, the responsibility of continuing the Hagan Alpha line fell back to Trip. Under the weight of the Hagan Council’s ...more
Published May 26th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

Charlie Cochet
Apr 30, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own-books
*** UPDATE: Healing Hunter's Heart, Book 2 in the series will be released from Dreamspinner Press in April 24th, 2015.

***

Hi folks! I know there are a lot of characters to keep track of since the Hagan Clan is pretty big, so I thought this might help. :D

Larger version here: http://www.charliecochet.com/novellas...
* A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Stars!

This right here is what I want from Cochet’s books!

Basically the blurb says it all. Trip is held back from his true mate Boone, because of tradition and rules. Not wanting to rock the boat, when however, is enough enough??

This is chock full of feels regarding unfulfilled want and desire, while giving us good shifter claiming and possessiveness. Top it with lots of fun and funny with plenty of kid adorable-ness and this recipe is pretty close to perfect.

I know I’m probably (most likely
Ami
I am not reviewing every story from "M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries" event; but some with separate covers might get one :).

This seemed to be a set-up for a new series from Charlie Cochet, who usually brought historical stories.

Things I Like:
+ The first two chapters were definite winner!! It was hilarious and fun. Imagine growing men getting all freaked out because of a mutant spider then of course, a woman saved the day (you go, Mom!). I loved this scene so very much.

+ Robbie (the
Macky
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Edit: 24/4/15. Re-read: upping rating to 4.25 stars (original rating 3.75) because after reading second time around realised just how great this story is for a freebie! Plus had a better handle this time round on the characters and their parts in the story. Loved it!

Up to now all the LHNB stories that GR have given us as ' tasters ' before the big event have been really good and Charlie's story is no exception. This was a slightly different take on the shifter story and was really cute to beg
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Alright, I'm going to say it. This is MY prompt and I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY WITH IT!

It's not perfect but I laughed so much throughout this book, my cheeks were hurting by the end of the story. I fell in love with these characters, especially Trip. He's a bit melodramatic but his actions and words had me cracking up constantly. I loved that Robbie, Trip's son, has so many traits like his dad and I loved that Boone accepts them like that and even encourages them. Boone is so big and burly but he's d
Barbara➰
Jun 29, 2018 marked it as dnf
DNF 50% Meh...not how I like my mate stories.
Deeze
Where do I begin? Seriously I’m completely lacking in the words to explain just how wonderful this story is.

OK Lets give this a try.

This has the funniest starting chapter I have ever read. Seriously if you can read the first chapter without snickering out loud, well then you seriously are lacking a sense of humour. I can not get over how funny I found the beginning.

Robbie is now vying for top spot in my most wonderful kids list. This little guy is seriously awesome. Not since a certain Dragon na
Sandra
[image error]
Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

PHOTO DESCRIPTION:
An adorable picture shows a man with short, light brown hair wearing a black T-shirt and jeans, holding his large, dark gray and white Husky in his arms. The Husky’s ears are flattened back and his paws are on the man’s shoulders. The picture’s tag reads: OMG Dad kill it. I swear it was as big as my head! I hate spiders!

Super cute! Tha
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ by: Shelby
4.5 Stars

Welcome to the land of snark & wit!

I laughed so hard at one point, I noticed I was clapping. Clapping! WTF? Captain Lame, I am.

Husky shifters… Wha??? I guess I shouldn't be surprised after True Blood made shifters of everyone & everything.

A most enjoyable read, this was. It's my first experience with this author but it certainly won't be the last.

All the MCs are hysterical. Robbie, the son, is a cheeky, manipulative little monster but oh so adorable. Something for everyone-husk
Mandy*reads obsessively*
This is one of the LHNB stories and the picture prompt of a man holding/hugging a husky was really cute.

The prologue was interesting and set up for what I first thought would be a darker and more intense story about the shifter society.
Then the first chapter came and it was cute and funny and light hearted.
Trip is a goof and funny and a great dad, Robbie, his son, is way too smart for his own good, he has that whole group of guys and his mom totally under his control.
After the mutant alien spid
Sheri
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ridiculously silly and tons of fun.
Interesting clan dynamics but the abundance of characters was confusing.
I tend to prefer a little bit more when it comes to shifting in my shifter stories (guess I have come to recognize there are different categories of shifter books...this one falls in the *boom* category, but I suppose I can't compare all shifters to my favorite in the genre)

I really liked Boone. Trip was great too, but Boone sealed the deal for me.
The pup was...a bit much a times, but he ma
Catherine
I enjoyed the heck outta this story. It was way funnier than I was expecting it to be, providing me with more than a few laugh out loud moments. It was also sweet, sexy, and original. Most of all, I loved the dynamics between the main characters, Trip and Boone, and the secondary characters Robbie, Deacon, Brook, and Hunter. They were different, but they meshed so well together and that sense of camaraderie and easy joy between them really made this story for me.

However, I do agree with some of
Meags
3.5 Stars

I loved the core characters and the humour present in this shifter story - the hairy mutant spider and the various reactions to it were particularly hilarious.

I could have done with more of the general world-building. The shifter lore was a bit vague in parts and towards the end there were way too many characters to keep track of, making some scenes quite confusing.

Ultimately, this was another enjoyable shifter story by Cochet and I look forward to reading the sequel.
Cory
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love shifters! I love Charlie Cochet! I love books from Charlie Cochet about shifters!

This was just too cute for words. Sigh...Boone and Trip...very sexy!

I can't wait for more on Hunter!
Shelby
Love, love, loved this book! The characters captured me from the first, I mean Robbie is just so adorable. And who can't love a group of men unable to deal with alien spiders and their freakishness? First book I've read by this author and I'm so glad I did. I will check out her other works.. Can't wait to read more in this series in particular.

Trip was born to be the alpha of his pack, a pack rife with history and one that holds to all the old ways. But when he found his mate at 15 he knew that
Mitticus

(Art by www.tanidareal.com)
Serena Yates
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, read-2015, shifters
What a magnificent book. It has everything I like in a shifter story. There are fated mates who struggle to come together. There is an evil alpha, who has no morals and will do anything to remain in control. The entire pack is overseen by a power-hungry council where one member is more bigoted and nasty than the next. And the two main characters have tried so hard to do the “right thing”, only to find that there comes a point when enough is enough. Oh, and there are some mysterious laws and anci ...more
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog by: M/M Romance Group
~ ~ ~

An early release from the 2013 M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries Event.

Oh this was a great bit of fun and humor and romance and sexiness. I think this was actually my first M/M Shifter read and I completely enjoyed it.

Treat yourself to this one, and I'm pretty sure you'll be checking for Charlie Cochet's follow-up just like me.

~ ~ ~

Take a look at my Male/Male Romance Book Blog:

Shannon
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Shannon by: Shelby
Shelves: cover-color-blue
Great beginning to a book. Too freaking funny...a spider. This was unbelievable good especially considering it was a free read. I want Robbie! Now we just have to wait for the next book which better be Hunter's story. Just sayin'.
Silkeeeeeereads
THere is very little I can say bad about this book. It's funny, sexy, and fulfilling. The problems are overcome and the bastards put in their place. Well written.
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
I totally loved this. Sweet sexy funny all rolled into one
Gina
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved Trip and Boone! this was fun and cute and i loved the kid.
Ariadna
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Actual rating is 1.8

As the Alpha's firstborn, Trip is supposed to produce an heir. Since he's gay, he's more than happy to let his younger brother take on that honor. However, once it becomes obvious that his brother is sterile, Trip resigns himself to fulfill his duty. Seven years later, he's co-parenting his son with his ex-wife while trying to work around the fact that he will never be able to bond with his true mate. Pack law states that no pure blooded Huskie shifter can ever be a half-bree
Susan
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, shifters
There were some very nice parts in this. Very funny.

But unfortunately the story was way too complicated for such a short book.

description

The basics: Trip is a husky shifter, with a 7 year old son. He has known his true mate is one of the enforcers of the pack, Boone, since he was 15. They can’t be together because of some old stories that the alpha (Trip is the son of the current alpha) can never mate with an enforcer. Honestly, I still don’t get that part.

What bothered me most was that Trip and Boone wer
Mary
1st. read: 5/26/13

The photo was just LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY, and the prompt definitely piqued my interest (awesome Nikyta!), then I found out it was by Charlie Cochet...I had to read this immediately.

Lately, men with children and family themed stories are at the forefront of my reading picks, and there are many of which I have fallen in love with. This story-which is going to be the start of a series (YAY!)-is at the top of the list.

Romance and comedy are the highlight of the story for me, the st
Yvonne
The start of Love has no Boundaries and this one is very cute about husky shifters.

The humor, well a little much for me but humor is subjective. We're told Trip is an alpha but mostly he acts like an overgrown puppy. And he's a got little one of his own, Robbie, who runs circles around him. It made me want to say shape up, you're his dad not his buddy. The whole lot of them were so undisciplined I'd probably have sent them all to obedience school.

There's quite a lot of characters for a short s
Eli Easton
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
The writing in this story is excellent. There are many laugh-out-loud lines throughout (I love humor in romance). I enjoyed the story-building around mating vs true mates, metamorphosis, etc. I'm impressed by the author and will look for more of her work.

The only reason it's not a 5 star for me is 1) I'm not that into shifter/paranormal books. I read this story as part of the LHNB event. Obviously that is not the fault of the author since the blurb makes it clear it's a shifter book. and 2) It f
K
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dritc, shifters
Re-reading 6.5.15 before reading book 2

LNHB story for the M/M Romance group
Really nice shifter story with a lot of humour, a like-able smart mouthed child and the excellent fugly mutant spiders!

(minor niggle from pedantic dog owner who gets hung up on silly little points..... I think the picture is an Alaskan Malamute not a husky.... not that really matters!)
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
If you like Big bad boys,who fear no one,can kill in a blink but putty in hands of a seven-year-old
with a puppy dog eyes, squirm seeing a big spider.This book is for you.
Short, sweet fun read with characters you will fall in love at the first scene.Yum
Tiya Rosa
Jun 11, 2013 rated it liked it

I was gonna give this four stars because smart-ass kids subtly insulting adults and grown men afraid of spiders deserve nothing less, but the sheer number of characters (some of them obviously possible MCs in future books) almost drowned me so gotta cut a half star short.

Also, as much as I like some humor mixed in with my 'succumbing to blinding passion' scenes, I still would like my MCs to take it a bit seriously and not go on a pissing contest on who can spout the sassiest one-liner.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Romance Readers R...: Buddy Read - Feb.- An Intrepid Trip To Love 28 36 Feb 21, 2014 09:37PM

• The Badass Of His Dreams
  • As He Watches
  • Love on a Wing and a Prayer
  • Right Hand Red
  • BTW I Love You
Charlie Cochet is the international bestselling author of the THIRDS series. Born in Cuba and raised in the US, Charlie enjoys the best of both worlds, from her daily Cuban latte to her passion for classic rock.

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found devouring a book, re

A Little Bite of Love (4 books)
  • The Perfect Valentine's Day (A Little Bite of Love, #1.5)
  • Healing Hunter's Heart (A Little Bite of Love, #2)
  • Untitled (A Little Bite of Love #3)