Start by marking “Mentes poderosas (Mentes poderosas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mentes poderosas (Mentes poderosas, #1)

Mentes poderosas

(The Darkest Minds #1)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  126,724 ratings  ·  15,461 reviews
Cuando Ruby despierta en su décimo cumpleaños, algo en ella ha cambiado. Algo lo suficientemente alarmante como para que sus padres la encierren en el garaje y llamen inmediatamente a la policía buscando ayuda. Ha sucedido. Un fenómeno inexplicable le ha arrancado de la vida que siempre ha conocido, y la ha repudiado a Thurmond, el escalofriante campo de rehabilitación del ...more
Published May 3rd 2013 by RBA (first published December 18th 2012)

·  126,724 ratings  ·  15,461 reviews

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Oct 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies by: Mai is a Happy Bibliophile
If The Hunger Games brought back my faith in YA dystopia, Darkest Minds made me an atheist. This book has a plot filled with more holes than a Dunkin Donuts. It is mind-boggling to me that the rating in this series is as high as Hunger Games when the supporting characters in this book are are without personality nor complexity, combined with a weak-ass, whiny wimp of a main character, not to mention the majority of a book is a pointless snoozefest of a roadtrip.

Let's for 1 minute talk about The
Sarah Maas
Feb 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
THE DARKEST MINDS is one of the best books I have EVER read. No joke. I can't even properly express how much I love this book. It touched my soul--it's THAT incredible. It haunted me for days and days (and still does!). The world-building and plot are phenomenal (it leaves you absolutely breathless in spots!), and the characters are some of the most vivid I've encountered.

When 2012 rolls around, DO NOT miss this book--it will stay with you long, long after you've finished reading it.
Emily May
“They were never scared of the kids who might die, or the empty spaces they would leave behind. They were afraid of us-the ones who lived.”

Ever since The Darkest Minds was released at the height of the dystopian craze in 2012, I think I've been subconsciously saving it to enjoy at a later date when the hype died down and I was no longer sick of reading YA dystopias. With an average rating of over 4.3, I was sure that I would enjoy it when I eventually gave in. But now, to be honest, I am cluel
Kaylee Magic
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
OH. MY. GOD. Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!!

This book was so damn beautiful, so damn heartbreaking, and so damn freaking AMAZING! I think it's one of the most in-depth books I've read since The Hunger Games -- and I mean that with my heart and soul. It's not just another fluffy mock-intense book; it's not just another dystopian knock-off that I could never see happening in real life; it's not another sweet romance without anything else of substance that makes for a good time passer but doesn't
Nick
“Sorry about that. Hey—I don’t think we’ve had the chance to meet. I’m Liam.”
Christine Riccio
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
MUST READ. FANTABULOUS BOOK. I just posted my booktalk ( http://youtu.be/90NS3uB8LxI ) which includes Review / Reaction / and Discussion on all the feelings it created.
SerenaSmiles
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I hereby sentence EVERYONE to read this NOW.
Mitch
Dec 26, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-just-no
On the surface, The Darkest Minds has a lot more going for it than your typical dystopian. It's incredibly dark and disturbing, but more than that, there's a certain realism to Alexandra Bracken's writing that makes the plot believable in a way few other books in the genre are. Yeah I'm frustrated, but not because this book is a generic dystopian - it's not, not because the plot calls for kids being rounded up in concentration camps and shot in the back - though that happens, but because I feel ...more
Alexandra Bracken
Feb 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
ETA--For those confused about the title change: http://www.alexandrabracken.com/?p=1121

Well, I like it a whole lot! Can't wait to hear what you guys think!
Raeleen Lemay
OH MY GOD THIS BOOK WAS SO BORING.

I also felt like the world and all of the powers weren't explained very well, and you're constantly in the dark! It's ok to leave some things unanswered until later, but basic things should be explained early on, and I didn't feel like they were in this book.

Highly disappointing.
♥ Becky  22
Everybody, everybody should go read this book. Like right now.
The Darkest Minds is amazing. This is one of the best books I've read in a long time. 100% recommended.

[image error]

1) The writing = perfection.
I felt like I was there. I could hear the music when Ruby and Liam were dancing by the fire. I felt the cold from the AC in the hotel room. I honestly felt like I was there. And the writing is beautiful. And also funny.

"Use the damn map," Chubs groused behind him.
"I can figure it out wit
lolo'
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I JUST LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH. MY HEART ACHESSSSSS FOR LIAM I NEED HIM IN MY LIFE.

Thank youuuu literary gods for making me love this book.

I LOVE IT.

Passenger is nooooooothing compared to this.

I love everything about it.

The writing I love it.

The powers are so awesome.

The characters AHHHHH.

Liam my sweet cinnamon roll I love you forever and always.

CHUBS IS MY FAVORITE AND IS MY NEW FICTIONAL BESTFRIEND!!

Zu i just want to wrap her in a blanket and keep her safe.

RUBY IS AWESOME AND THE CHARACTER G
Montzalee Wittmann
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds #1) by Alexandra Bracken is one creepy, but good book! Something happened to the kids when mistake happened. The white noise buffer they always hear stopped. A strange loud noise pierced the air and the ears of the kids. Many kids died right away, others slowly, and others changed. Some slowly, others quickly. The government took all the kids to a brutal camp. One of the camp "doctors" save her and got her out of the camp, but she knows this doctor is going t ...more
Lauren
"That girl was gone forever, and all that was left was a product of the place that had taught her to fear the bright things inside of her heart."

For once I understand why a book has so much hype. So many books are overrated and others are so underrated. The Darkest Minds deserves the 4.28 average stars it has. It deserves much more than that. This book destroyed me and if I wasn’t in public when I was reading the ending I probably would have done more than tear up. I would have starting crying
Angela
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-favorites
LOVED THIS BOOK... A LOVE CHILD OF SHATTER ME AND XMEN!!! COULDNT GET ENOUGH

MOVIE PLEASE

UPDATE AFTER MY RE READ
I’m going to leave my original review and rating.
I originally read this book the first time in 2012. So at that time this was all so new to me that it was definitely a five star read. Now all these years and books later my opinion has kind of changed. I would say now I would give this book a 3.5.

Ruby annoyed me a lot more then I remembered. Liam and chubs are still perfect.

Movie re
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
I really enjoyed this book! It didn't necessarily blow me away, but it definitely held my attention.
Sana
I have finally finished this almost 500 page boring crap, thanks to my cousin.

description

Expectations, expectations, I should seriously start lowering them. I went into this book expecting some badass, kickass action scenes with a strong heroine, but what I got was a boring ass long as fuck road trip story with some dun dun dun.

When I think Dystopian, this is what comes to my mind:
•Evil government
•Some sort of plague/disease
•Group of teens that must take down the government
•SOME ACTION
•Butt kicking femal
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
3 One of Us ★'s

Buddy read with Nancy
This was my very first Alexandra Bracken book and I gotta say I didn't love it but I didn't necessarily hate it either. The writing could have been a lot better, I seemed like some of the sentences were unfinished as well. I kept waiting and waiting for more details that never came. I love the idea and premise of the world and the characters she has created, it just needs more work.
The charact
Anja H.
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
*5 DARKEST STARS*

Sobbing.
That's all I can do right now. That ending was so heartbreaking I can't even get my thoughts straight. I'm still wondering why it took me so long to decide to read this absolute gem of a book. I would give this evey star in the galaxy if I could!

I'm really sad I still haven't been able to get my hands on the sequel, since I really NEED to read how this continues asap!
Full review coming soon!
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
I need 5 years to process this bye
✨    jamieson   ✨
“The Darkest Minds tend to hide behind the most unlikely faces.”

here I was thinking 2013 culture was dead and buried, but the darkest minds says hello i guess

oh my god ?? I enjoyed this SO MUCH MORE than I thought I would. I mean I just think 2012 and 2013 was a dark time for YA lit and I barely like any series written around then jfdhgkjf but i had so much fun with this, honestly if the beginning was a bit better I probably would have given this a five star?? like it really was entertaining
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
UPDATE: 99 cents on Kindle US 5/19/19

www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I loved this book. I felt sorry for these kids that had to go through this stuff. Most often, at the age of 10, all of the children would develop abilities and the majority of their parents would send them off to camps. Instead of helping the children manage these abilities, the camp either kept them around forever, or they killed certain ones.

At these camps the children were labeled with colors with, red and orange being
Regan
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic, it feels like its been a long time since I've read a book so good. The characters had depth, the story was engrossing and action packed, I honestly could not put this book down. Easily in my top for this year ALREADY.

ambsreads
4.5

I can't even write a proper review for this book, oh my lord. I loved it. I loved Ruby, Liam, Chubs, Zu and Betty so much omg. I'm totally having grabby hands over the next book and all you need to know is I loved this book and I'm so happy it met every expectation I had.
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
This book is so so so gooooooooooooood!! Drop everything and go read it!

LIST OF LOVES:
~Liam is the greatest cinnamon roll sweetheart cheeseball to ever walk the earth... Just sayin'.
~Zu is the most adorable, precious, and underestimated thing ever!
~Chubs broke my heart like 17 times
~Ruby (MC) was pretty awesome
~Also, the protagonist wasn't whiny. THIS IS SUCH A RARE TRAIT THANK YOU RUBY!!!
~Attention was grabbed right from the beginning
~But seriously guys, Liam is incredible!
~Perfect number of fl
Zoë
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book!
I love stories about people with special powers so this book was perfect. I had a few problems with this book, some due to the fact that I had to read it really slowly since I had limited free time this month. I didn't really enjoy any of the romance in this book which is upsetting for someone who loves romance and I didn't get very attached to any of the characters.
Nenia ☠️ Khaleesi of Bodice Rippers, Protector of Out of Print Gems, Mother of Smut, and Actual Garbage Can ☠️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

This book is called THE DARKEST MINDS but it could just as well be called THE X-HUNGERVERGENT GAMES, seeing as how it's a snapshot of everything that was trending in 2012. Set in the ambiguous "near-future," an idiopathic degenerative virus (idiopathic being medical jargon for "fuck if I know") has killed most of the United States' children. The ones who survive get neat, psychic powers. Rather than doing anything useful with these powers -
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
“The Darkest Minds tend to hide behind the most unlikely faces.”

I expected something better than this. The Goodreads rating is incredibly high, so I was excited to finally be able to read it. But it was a let-down: I found the Darkest Minds to be nothing special and even a little boring. For me, this is just another average dystopian novel. The main character was plain, the big plot twist very obvious. And it took so long until Ruby, Chub, Zu and Liam finally arrived at camp.
Don't get me wrong,
Kogiopsis
Edit: Re-read in May 2014, but leaving original review standing because it still expresses my feelings perfectly.
Edit x2, January 2016: Having read some negative reviews, I'm thinking I might need to reread again and re-write this - not because I have doubts, but because I'm a little pissed off at the way people react to a traumatized teen by calling her whiny. I've had friends say it, I've seen reviews complaining about it, and it infuriates me. Come at me, bros; I'll fight you for Ruby Daly's
Dannii Elle
Well, wow! Now I know what all the hype was about!

This is the first installment in a high-action dystopian YA trilogy by best-selling author, Alexandra Bracken. The children of America have been somehow mentally transformed and, from their early teens, begin to exhibit mysterious abilities that cause the adult population to create a series of rehabilitation centers, in an attempt to control them. Sixteen-year-old Ruby has lived for the last six years of her life in Thurmond, one of the largest a

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles, #1)
  • Reboot (Reboot, #1)
  • All Our Yesterdays
  • Other Worlds
  • Chosen Ones (The Lost Souls, #1)
  • Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Origin (Corpus, #1)
  • The Lost Girl
  • Gravity (The Taking, #1)
  • Altered (Altered, #1)
  • Ashes of Twilight (Ashes Trilogy, #1)
  • Inhuman (Fetch, #1)
  • In the After (In the After, #1)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • False Sight (False Memory, #2)
  • Scorch (Croak, #2)
Hi! I'm Alex and I write books. Please note that I don't respond to messages here on GoodReads. Please send me a note on twitter (@alexbracken) on on Tumblr (alexandrabracken.tumblr.com). xx A

The Darkest Minds (4 books)
  • Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
  • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • The Darkest Legacy (The Darkest Minds, #4)
“The Darkest Minds tend to hide behind the most unlikely faces.” 1703 likes