Start by marking “Eine Kleine Murder” as Want to Read:
Eine Kleine Murder

Eine Kleine Murder

(Cressa Carraway Musical Mysteries #1)

Aspiring conductor Cressa Carraway arrives at her grandmother's cabin at a rural Illinois lake resort, hoping to find some peace and quiet so she can finish composing the symphony she needs to earn her master's degree in Composition. Instead, she finds her grandmother's corpse in the lake. The authorities dismiss the death as an accidental drowning, but when Gram's best ...more
Published April 2013 by Barking Rain Press

To ask other readers questions about Eine Kleine Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eine Kleine Murder

Start your review of Eine Kleine Murder
Edith Maxwell
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I finished reading Eine Kleine Murder by the prolific Kaye George and really enjoyed it. Cressa, a composer from the city, shows up for a visit with her adored grandmother at her cottage on the lake. One deadly surprise follows another, but the theme of classical music follows her along, presenting both solace and challenges. Love this debut in a series, from Barking Rain Press. Look for it!
Patricia Gligor
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cressa Carraway is a young musician, with dreams of becoming a conductor. She drives to a rural Illinois lake resort to visit her grandmother, anticipating a relaxing, peaceful visit with the woman who raised her and an opportunity to compose her music. But, when she finds her grandmother's body in the lake and soon discovers two other corpses, her visit quickly turns into a nightmare. Heartbroken but determined to find the murderer, she puts her own life in serious jeopardy.
I highly recommend
Lynn Farris
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved all three books in Kaye George’s Imogene Duckworthy Mystery series: “Choke,” “Smoke,” and “Broke.” This humorous series revolves around a Private Investigator’s assistant. So I was nervous to read “Eine Kleine Murder” for fear it may not live up to my high expectations of a Kaye George book.

The name of the book added to my concern. “Eine Kleine Murder.” I wasn’t sure what Eine Kleine even meant. (I later found it means small.) Then, I saw the main character, Cressa Caraway was studying
Jacqueline Seewald
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There is one “small” item in this mystery besides the title reference and that is the inclusion of the poisoning of some small children. However, the title is ironic in the sense that there are a number of murders and they do not seem small in the least. This novel is written in the first person. Cressa Caraway, a university student working on a Master’s Degree in classical music and also an aspiring conductor, visits her grandmother’s rustic cabin in rural Illinois only to discover her ...more
Janice Richardson
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-rated
Eine Klein by Kaye George

The premise of this story is delightful. The language of music is woven into the plot. Words like Soffocato (muffled, damped, choked) lend themselves well to a murder mystery. Each chapter heading gives a clue of what to expect with its musical header.

Cressa, a timid grad student, is working on a composition in order to complete her Master's Degree. Unlucky in love, she escapes to her grandmother's lake house to work on her thesis, a composition. Her grandmother dies
Evelyn
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When aspiring conductor Tessa Carraway arrives at her grandmother's cabin in rural Illinois to finish composing her symphony, she finds her grandmother's corpse in a nearby lake. This sets off a chain of events that had me turning pages. The characters are realistically well-drawn, and I loved the clever music references, each appropriate to the mood of the chapter. I highly recommend this novel.
Becky
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
What I honestly LOVED about this book was it was set at the little lake club where we have a cabin near the small town where my husband grew up. Not that it was fun to think of a murder taking place there, but still when descriptions were made, I was able to conjure up the place perfectly! Good little mystery, too.
Nora-adrienne
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
An amazing new mystery series that will hold you in your seat as events unfold in a dizzying array of events.

I'll fill this out more later.

FTC Full Disclosure: I received this book as a gift from the author.
Norma Huss
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Kaye George is a miracle! Three series, and soooo different! Okay, I've only read books in two of the series, haven't read the prehistoric one, but I did read a few scenes in manuscript, and they are all different. In fact, she warns people that they may not like some of her books, which doesn't mean they wouldn't like another. Well, I like them all.

Now to Eine Kleine Murder. Cressa is a graduate music student working on the piece for her final grade. She plans to visit her beloved grandmother
James Jackson
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, mystery-cozy
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this newest series from Kaye George. Unlike her humorous Imogene Duckworthy series, this is a more serious near cozy (I don't suppose children are allowed to be poisoned in a true cozy even if they don't die??). It takes a new, interesting character, Cressa Carraway, an aspiring classical music conductor, and thrusts her into a community of intrigue, murder, poisonings and motives galore. Good stuff.

Don't skip the book just because classical music is not your thing.
Claire
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cressa Carraway travels to visit with her grandmother, Gram, and discovers her dead body instead. That tragedy is compounded by Cressa's fight with Gram that she had hoped to resolve on this trip. Guilt-stricken, Cressa tries to create a tribute to Gram in the musical composition she is writing to complete her masters in music. Like the unfolding story and subsequents deaths that finally get ruled homicides, however, Cressa is stymied by pieces that come to her but don't fit together to create a ...more
Sara Reber
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eine Kline Murder is the first book I have read by Kate George and I really enjoyed it. It has a murder, lots of twists and turns, and kept me going until the very end. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a new mystery book to read.

I won a copy of this book from the author in a Giveaway contest on Good Reads. This is my own honest review.
Judy
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Eine Kleine Murder by Kaye George, is a satisfying murder mystery with all the classic elements: a spunky and sympathetic heroine, a host of odd and creepy characters, a well-imagined setting, a satisfying, fast-paced plot, and--my basic requirement--good touches of humor. Ms. George has nailed the genre with Eine Kleine Murder, and I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.
Judy Sheluk
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pitch perfect from the very first page, Kaye George's first book in the Cressa Carraway series is an entertaining mystery with plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader guessing. I enjoyed the musical references which introduce each chapter, and add ambience and atmosphere throughout the book.
Barbara Schlichting
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great series. Kaye did it again!
Martha Dickinson
May 14, 2013
V.P. Chandler
Apr 02, 2019
Kaye George
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Linda
Dec 14, 2018
Erin Smeby
rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2014
Kaye George, an Agatha nominated short story and novel writer, is the author of the Imogene Duckworthy Mystery series (Agatha nomination for best first novel), EINE KLEINE MURDER by Barking Rain Press (Silver Falchion Award finalist), DEATH IN THE TIME OF ICE (A Neanderthal Mystery) (Agatha nominee and Silver Falchion finalist) and the Fat Cat Mystery series by Berkley Prime Crime (as Janet ...more

Cressa Carraway Musical Mysteries (2 books)
  • Requiem in Red
“There was that sound again--snap, then a footfall. She tried to whirl around as a dark form--Dear God--sprang with a splash from the darkness--grabbed her from behind, shoved her under the water.” 1 likes