Start by marking “Leo Loves Baby Time” as Want to Read:
Leo Loves Baby Time

Leo Loves Baby Time

On Wednesdays, Leo and his mom go to Baby Time. There he plays peek-a-boo; sings the rolly song, the happy song, and the name song; plays with animals; and meets new friends.

The Baby Time activities featured in Leo Loves Baby Time will be familiar to children and parents and are presented in bright, vibrant colors that will draw the attention of the youngest readers.
Library Binding, 24 pages
Published February 25th 2014 by Charlesbridge (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Leo Loves Baby Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leo Loves Baby Time

Start your review of Leo Loves Baby Time
Kelsey
Age: Infant-Toddler

Finally, someone wrote a book about storytimes! McQuinn highlights the best moments about the younger storytimes, including songs, scarves, and action rhymes. The parents are engaged and helping the children through the rhymes, including the rocket ship rhyme (Zoom, Zoom, Zoom).
Chance Lee
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-it
I wish we had enough babies at my library for baby time! It looks so fun. A great book for baby time!
Vivian
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This informational step-by-step picture book is a wonderful introduction for baby about what to expect (or a review of what happens) at a library story time. Another plus is that children of a variety of ethnicities are pictured.
Tasha
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A follow-up to the wonderful Lola series, this new book aims for a slightly younger audience. It focuses on Lola’s little brother, Leo. Leo loves going to Baby Time at the public library. He gets to play games, sing lots of songs, play with animals and make friends. The book also focuses on Leo getting ready to go. He has breakfast, sits in his stroller and heads to the library. Families who go to similar programs at their public library will enjoy seeing the familiar games and songs here. Those ...more
Danica Midlil
Hooray!!! Leo is Lola's Lola at the Library by Anna McQuinn little brother! He goes with Mommy to Baby Time (or baby storytime) and this book shows his and his mother's wonderful routine. Loved it! The pages are even thick and sturdy for sharing with little hands! Great book that extends what "Lola" did for storytime to the younger set!

Storytime can make a huge impact in a child's life. Not only will the child have fun and hear language, these are opportunities for parents to learn songs, rhymes, bounces, finger plays, and
Ecl  Storytellers
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
An everyday activity is the focus of this story -- going to baby time at the library! I imagine this would be a hit in Tales for Tots because of how relatable it is. Although reading this in storytime might be a bit meta for some of us.
Zoe
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This should be the next Booktrust book for its baby pack - it so perfectly reflects a baby's life, is warmly drawn, diverse, inclusive and just lovely. A must have for every nursery and playgroup.
Afriendlylibrarian
Leo loves baby time and I love Leo! I expect no less from Lola's baby brother.
Marcie
Jul 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Can see why this book about baby storytime will be useful in public libraries.
Kelly Ford
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love this book! We used it for one of out baby time programs and everybody got a kick out of it.
Heidi-Marie
My co-worker saw this as an option for Baby storytime books. I know I looked over it a couple months ago. Eventually she had her stack that she was going to use. I had used all the ones I was going to, but was covering for her today and needed one. So I used this. And all the adults smiled at seeing the similarities. One of our almost 3-year-olds ("Sausage') liked it so much that she had her mom read it to her again during the play portion. :-)

(And since Daddy brought the kids to this storytime,
Monique
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the best Babytime Storytime book EVER!! I loved it so much that I bought a copy for myself, not trusting that the library system's copies will survive over time. It was a hit with the parent's and toddlers, and a classic you will want to add to your collection if it isn't there already.
June
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: African American characters or library requests
Recommended to June by: Katie Fitzgerald
I'm not sure a single baby time could include everything that is in the book, but many will be familiar.

I will definitely try it in a baby time either for babies, diverse/African American characters or library week.
Jenna Mills
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-book
Very sweet and it rang so true!
Ruth Ann
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Leo goes to storytime! Lots of happy faces and happy babies.
Annie Payne
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Perfect book to read at baby time!
One Code 431
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just adorable little kidsssss
Kelly
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of my favorites in the series.
Mely
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
love that this falls in line with story time at our own Library. we were able to relate and discuss our experiences afterwards.
Cara Byrne
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
A straight forward but highly relatable book about "baby time" - which looks a lot like our library storytimes with scarves, bounces, and rhymes.
Maude Ragsdale
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amys-baby-books
Love so much because its BABYTIME ya'll!
Alana
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is very inclusive with fab illustrations. It would be great to read to foundation stage children.
Katie Fitzgerald
Leo is the younger brother of Lola from Lola Loves Stories, but Leo’s story has a different illustrator. The two artists’ styles are very similar, though, so kids who know Lola will be likely to recognize Leo as her sibling. The soft palette and sweet faces give the pictures a gentle tone that perfectly matches the story. Baby time is a fun and comfortable place for Leo, and the illustrations reflect that. The people in the pictures are culturally diverse, which is always a plus for story time ...more
Laura Salas
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a really cute book with an unfortunate title. I thought it was going to be about Leo being a big brother. But it's really about a play group or Early Childhood and Family Education class. We went through ECFE with both our daughters, and it was a favorite time. We would have liked a book like this to celebrate it! But even by three years old, our kids would have balked at it being called Baby Time. This is a U.S. edition of a U.K. book (Zeki Loves Baby Club), so perhaps that's a British ...more
Kelsey
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Leo prepares for baby time with his parent. He loves spending time with the other babies, singing songs, playing with scarves and playing with toys. Children may identify with the structure of baby time at a care facility or library story time. They will enjoy seeing pictures of Leo and the other babies. The book features one sentence of text on each page and thick card stock pages for tactile babies. The book's topic and illustrations will encourage print motivation among young children.
Meg McGregor
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
And who wouldn't? Leo gets to sing, dance, roll, play, giggle, shimmy and shake, and just enjoy being a baby. And then he gets to snuggle with his Mom and read books!

Leo has a great life! Don't you wish you were a baby?

This book expertly demonstrates the ideal life a baby should have and I am so happy to see books and learning as a major part of his day!
Samantha
Baby Leo invites readers to share all of his favorite activities at Wednesday morning Baby Time. Simple text gives an accurate description of the activities that make up a Baby program and is supported by vibrant illustrations that include racially diverse children and parents.

Recommended for babies and toddlers.
Sarah Johnson
Sep 24, 2014 rated it liked it
This would be a great one to share in baby storytime. I love all the happy faces in the illustrations and the parent-child interaction throughout the whole story. After reading this book, parents can do any of the activities with their babies- rhymes, bounces, fingerplays and playing with different types of toys.
Mary
This is a good interactive story for very young children about many of the things that happen at Baby Time. The illustrations are adorable and the story is short and simple. Great for babies to read with their grownups!
Diana
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, storytime
I probably have an extra attachment to this book, because we do every single one of the activities and songs in this book at our own Baby Storytime. It's a simple story, perfect for the littlest listeners. And the multicultural cast feels natural and oh-so-beautiful. Great book.

• Baby Day
  • Bear Came Along
  • Just Because
  • How Do You Go to Sleep?
  • Bear Says Thanks
  • Saturday
  • Baby Parade
  • Hair Love
  • Splish, Splash, Ducky!
I am so lucky to spend my life working with books and stories. I've run groups for babies, toddlers and their parents in libraries, reading stories and introducing children and carers to great books; I spend time writing and I'm Editor-at-Large for the magnificent independent publisher, AlannaMax in the UK.
In my spare time, I read - what a wonderful life!
There are some Children's Books on my