Start by marking “The Tiger Lily (Louisiana, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Tiger Lily (Louisiana, #2)

The Tiger Lily (Louisiana #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  664 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The Passion of Their Fury Was the Splendor of Their Love...
As her golden auburn hair fell luxuriantly about Sabrina's flawlessly beautiful shoulders, Brett Dangermond was lost in the desire of the moment. And Sabrina, who had adored him as a girl, was left trembling with confusion and fear, and a longing only love can know. But love her he would not, though he took her inn
Mass Market Paperback, 452 pages
Published February 1985 by Avon Books (first published January 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Tiger Lily, please sign up.

L. (Slay the meaty ones!) Barnes & Noble and Amazon have it for just .99 cents right now. I'm assuming other ebook retailers would have it as well.

Misfit
Both refused to think about the distasteful subject , and both thrust the ideas away as nonsense, but the seed had been planted, and they were hampered by their lack of trust in one another.

That pretty much sums it up for me. Girl meets boy, boy's been burned by women too many times to trust them, girl's evil-doing cousin stirs up more distrust and it all devolves into one long winded Big Misunderstanding. That said, I did enjoy the characters, especially oh-so-hunky Brett and I'll give Busbee e
Kit★
Nov 14, 2011 rated it liked it
This was picked for me last year in one of the monthly Pick-It-For-Me challenges over at Western and Medieval Romance Lovers. Not sure which month, I will have to go back to the archives and find it. I got so behind on those challenges, and am now trying to catch up :)
Found it, this was picked for my April '15 book. Nice, only a year and a half late...

Really more like 2.5 Stars but I'll round up. Full review coming, but for now I'll say it was ok. Too much drama and angsty stuff between the H an
Laura James
Feb 19, 2011 rated it did not like it
(1.5 Stars) I'm shocked by all of the positive reviews on this one. Usually I prefer the 80s and early 90s books to today's offerings but this one missed the mark. First of all it was way too LONG. I have no problem with long books but this one dragged on and on unnecessarily. By the time it was over I was so sick of both characters trust issues and misunderstandings that I began skipping and skimming pages. Definitely not on my keeper list.
Naksed
Nope. Not going down that road filled with Great, Big, Terrible Misunderstandings, a pair of dumb-as-posts would-be lovers, and a cheating, misogynist scumbag passing himself off as the hero of the piece. Just don't have the patience for it anymore. DNF@35%.
Mary Fricke
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paperback
Read the book when it was published. It was one of my mother's favorites but beyond that I can only remember that I read it
L.   (Slay the meaty ones!)
Like another reviewer said, I know I read this (I recognize the cover and I went through a Shirlee Busbee spell) but for the life of me I can't remember what the story was actually about.

----------------Update--------------------

Since Busbee's back catalogue is being digitized, and I was able to catch this on sale, I decided to go back and re-read Tiger Lily in order to refresh my memory. At this point in her writing career Shirlee was of the I Hate You/I Love You school of romance. Her heroes w
Siska
how lame... how can a man sleep with another woman to forget his desire with yet the other woman. that guy is a coward, can not deal with his own feeling and afraid to be rejected. who wants to be with a man like that? well not me.
as if the story not already so lame. now the heroin.... she was almost being rape by her cousin which she didnot like either. her dress being torn and yank by the raper and than the hero came and think the raper and her is going to make love... are you blind?
the worst
Tifa
Dec 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was the first historical romance novel I read, hehe
NINORE
ჯერ ვიფიქრე, 3 ვარსკვლავს დაუწერ-მეთქი, მაგრამ მერე, ეპილოგზე ამეტირა, ჩიკა და 4 დავუწერე. სერიას, რასაკვირველია, ვაგრძელებთ!

Nessa
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
MY THIRD BUSBEE LOUISIANA BOOK AND I GOTTA SAY IT IS MORE HUMANE THAN THE OTHER TWO I HAVE READ. THE CHARACTERS ARE MORE PLAUSIBLE AND THEIR ACTIONS MORE NORMAL.

Unlike the first book, this story has a better hero that you can digest. Basically,

OUR HERO is a hard-working man, however as BUSBEE books go he had his heart trampled on before by a gold digger and he already mistrusts women at the young age of 17 when his father got remarried to a better woman. What I prefer about him compared to Jas
  • Wild Bells to the Wild Sky
  • The Black Swan
  • No Gentle Love
  • Love's Wild Desire
  • Angel in Scarlet
  • Lady Of Fire (Fire, #1)
  • Dangerous Obsession
  • Dark Fires (Brandon-Morgan #2)
  • Forbidden Love
  • Bold Breathless Love
Shirlee Elaine was born 9 August 1941 in San Jose, California, USA. She was the first daughter of a career naval officer, later she had two sisters and three brothers, they raised traveling the world. She went to the institute in Kentri, Morocco, after which she returned to California and she went to Burbank Bussines College of Santa Rosa, where she received a certificate in 1962.

Shirlee married w
More about Shirlee Busbee...

Louisiana (8 books)
  • Gypsy Lady (Louisiana #1)
  • Deceive Not My Heart (Louisiana, #3)
  • Each Time We Love (Louisiana, #4)
  • Lady Vixen (Louisiana, #5)
  • Midnight Masquerade (Louisiana #6)
  • Whisper to Me of Love (Louisiana, #7)
  • While Passion Sleeps (Louisiana #8)