Start by marking “The Sea with No One in It” as Want to Read:
The Sea with No One in It

The Sea with No One in It

In "The sea with no one in it," Niki Koulouris takes readers from the mysterious and powerful depths of the ocean to the familiar and disparate artifacts of our land-locked daily lives.
Published October 1st 2013 by Porcupine's Quill

To ask other readers questions about The Sea with No One in It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sea with No One in It

Start your review of The Sea with No One in It
Elizabeth
The Sea With No One In It evokes lovely imagery of the sea and of art (and the poems that do are definitely her strongest work in the collection), and I would recommend this for anyone interested in imagery with those themes. The forms Koulouris plays with are interesting to read (although I tend to often read poetry aloud, and many of these definitely triggered a bit of a stutter in my speech).

Overall this is a book that I liked, but didn't feel particularly strongly about. If Koulouris publis
feux d'artifice
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmm, there was some good poems in here, but collectively the poems didn't quite manage to come together. The packaging is aesthetically pleasing though, kudos to the publishing house who printed this collection.
Josh
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: art
Fun.
Thanks for the cultural footnotes e.g. "Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs -- Australian version of the Cracker Jack popular in the 1970s."

I should enjoy more poetry.
Steven Buechler
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It is almost a shame to add my few words to the wonderful observations that are in this small volume. The thoughts are clear and artistic. And if this book is taken to a quiet corner and pondered, the reader’s mind is clearly enlightened in many ways.

Maddie