Start by marking “Starlet's Light (The Starlet, #3)” as Want to Read:
Starlet's Light (The Starlet, #3)

Starlet's Light

(The Starlet #3)

Starlet's Web takes GOLD & Starlet's Light takes SILVER in the 2014 Readers' Favorite International Book Awards: Christian Romance!

Love. Trust. Acting. Cancer survivor-actress gives up the fight until she sees the light. Liana Marie writes her third memoir as she struggles with trust and commitment and shapes the role she plays.
~ - ~
I'm actress Liana Marie Michael and
Published May 1st 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Starlet's Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starlet's Light

Start your review of Starlet's Light (The Starlet, #3)
Somekindofnobody
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Having been deceived as a young teen into taking experimental medication, Lia now faces death. Already an accomplished Hollywood star at the tender age of 18, this stoic young woman experiences life choices and issues that would buckle almost anyone else.

Her soul mate, Manuel, waits patiently in the background, always there for her regardless of circumstance, as she struggles with lust and her overabundance of hormones. Lia survived cancer but her pituitary will never recover. With all that she
Colleen
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wonderful, by far the best of the series. More review to come but had to put this out. Loved it! This was a stand alone novel if needed to be, the writing is smooth, with connections to the earlier story without over doing it. The characters development in growing up is great, open and honest, there was so many things i enjoyed about this book! I am so looking forward to the next novel.
May 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review also posted here on TotalTeenFiction.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Spoiler warning! This is the 3rd book in the series and contains spoilers from the previous 2 books.

This is the third book in the Starlet series and follows Lia/Marie as she heads to the UK to start filming her latest project. With the moment she meets Pierre fast approaching and her health still in the balance, there's still a lot for her to deal
MustHaveMocha
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Here are some additional reviews posted on Amazon:

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book EVER !!, May 12, 2013 By Marcia Sherrill (NEW YORK, NY, US)
This review is from: Starlet's Light (The Starlet Series, #3) (Kindle Edition)

I'm twenty and it's about time someone talked about God in a romance novel. We have vampires and players, witches, and social outcasts who never talk about God. We have teens having sex with their brother or getting gang raped, wanting to kill themselves, or deciding if they're
Carrie Slager
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
[Full disclosure: I received a free print copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.]

Remember how yesterday I said Starlet’s Run was better than the first book, Starlet’s Web? Well Starlet’s Light is better than both! The overall quality of writing is better, the characters are better as they mature and Carla Hanna’s message comes through loud and clear but not in an obnoxious manner.

Finally Lia sets off on her own away from Manuel for a change and she also meets Pierre. I hope I’m
Lifeisgood
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Masterfully Crafted Series

The Starlet Series is the most intricately layered social commentary wrapped in a love story I have read in the coming of age genre.

Starlet’s Light is the 3rd installment in protagonist’s Liana Marie Michael Durglo’s short life. She’s 18, begging for guidance, searching for a reason to endure the pain from Congestive Heart Failure, a consequence of her performance-enhancement drugs used to clutch onto a commercial product’s youth. Although she didn’t choose to take
Selina Liaw
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I first read the synopsis of The Starlet Series (Starlet's Web, Starlet's Run and Starlet's Light), it sounds really really interesting. This is because it is my first time to stumble on books on a celebrity's life, especially one who is becoming an adult.

When I started with #47 Starlet's Web, I love the starting. However, as I continued reading, I find that the writing style has changed and there's no...whatchamacallit 'Oomph' in the story.

I love the characters but I find the main
Kristen Wampner
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I was sent this book from the lovely author Carla Hanna to read and review.

Book Cover: As I have said in past reviews of this series I feel like these covers are very pre-teenish compared to the story's content but the more I have traveled through this series the more they are starting to grow on me. *STAR*

Story: This story keeps me on my toes. It's loaded with love, drama, comedy, and emotion. I laughed and cried during the story line of this book. *STAR*

Author: I really enjoy reading this
Goodday
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful coming-of-age series! Each book contains heartfelt insight. Set in Hollywood, STARLET’S WEB shows us what it is like to be a successful, yet very isolated, teen actress. She’s not only hit with betrayal by her mother, but is forced to confront the reality that being ‘in-demand’ and competitive in the movie business means plastic surgery. STARLET’S RUN shows what it is like to fall deeply in love but be 'too young' to commit – especially since everyone around the young couple is ...more
The Book
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In the 3rd installment of the Starlet’s series, Liana goes to the UK to film a movie and ends up leaving Manuel behind. Liana does this mostly because she feels guilty and does not want her medical issues to hinder the life he could have without dealing with all her problems.

We meet Pierre, the mysterious pen pal who was only mentioned in the two previous books. Liana gets to know Pierre better and thinks they have some chemistry, but she is still confused and does not know where her heart
Ariella
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read. I just finished this book. Marie and Manny go through a hardship. I don't think Marie is selfish but sometimes she is. I love Manny and Marie together. I hope she gets her happy ending. I highly recommend this series.
Connie Nordmark
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great series! Young adult girls will love these books!
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
This is the third and final installment in the series and we are drawn back into the drama that Liana Marie Michael’s life is. With work taking her to Europe and meeting Pierre one would think that Liana has enough on her plate. Throw in Manuel and her mother’s failing health, Liana is kept on her toes throughout the book.

Liana is off to Wales to shoot for her next big project. This gives her a chance to meet her European friend, Pierre, with whom she has been corresponding for quite some time.
Carla Hanna
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lindsey
Mar 20, 2016
Subhajit Das
Nov 30, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Starlet's Web took GOLD and Starlet's Light brought in SILVER in the 2014 Readers' Favorite International Book Awards!

Carla J. Hanna is the author of award-winning young adult romance and coming of age fiction novels for readers who enjoyed Nicholas Sparks' A Walk to Remember, Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love, Gayle Forman's If I Stay, or John Green's The Fault in Our Stars.

Mrs. Hanna lived in

The Starlet (4 books)
  • Starlet's Man (The Starlet, #0.5)
  • Starlet's Web (The Starlet, #1)
  • Starlet's Run (The Starlet, #2)