Start by marking “In This Moment” as Want to Read:
In This Moment

In This Moment

Every moment possesses its own kind of magic...

Aimee Spencer learned the hard way that for some moments, there are no take-backs, no rewinds, no do-overs. A year ago her world imploded and Aimee has been running ever since. She doesn't want to feel. She doesn't want to remember. To bury the ghosts that haunt her, she is living a life that has become unrecognizable.
Published December 16th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published December 2013)

To ask other readers questions about In This Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In This Moment

Start your review of In This Moment
Autumn Doughton
Apr 29, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

It's hard to sound genuine on the computer but thank you all for the downloads and the reviews. Goodreaders are WONDERFUL! The book is currently in the top 100, which is amazeballs, and I know that's because of you guys. So if you need someone to come help you clean, or if your battery dies and you need a jump... I may need to take a plane to reach you but I'll be there :)

***

A big thank you to all the Goodreaders for reaching out to me, writing reviews, telling your friends, etc. You rock my world!!

****
August 12th

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
3.5 Stars.

This book was not bad by any means but it falls into the generic NA book category. It wasn't bad but didn't have a wow factor that I was looking for to make it different from all the other NA books....

You have your heroine, Aimee Spencer with her troubled past.

You have man slut, Cole Everly who has his own troubled past and will never settle down with one girl.

3.5 Stars.

You have your heroine, Aimee Spencer with her troubled past.

You have their chance meeting where she trips and falls but of course man slut Cole is there to catch her.

She runs, He runs... (If you know me, you know my thoughts on running in books)

running photo tumblr_inline_mjinhkzHYz1qz4rgp_zps00018bed.gif

I will say the parts of the books that redeemed it a little were the cute movie titles, the way Cole broke his nose, and some of the other funny banter between Cole and Aimee.

If you are a NA fanatic, you will likely enjoy this book.

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
***5 GROUNDBREAKING STARS!!!! Loved this emotional, poignant story that made me laugh, cry and swoon!!!***

“Do you hear that sound? Do you hear it? It’s the sound of the world ripping apart.”

Wow. This book is one of the reasons why I just LOVE New Adult stories. I loved the characters, loved the plotline, loved the writing style!! I practically worship NA books that give me that *jolt,* that story that walks between the fine line of tragedy and love, and this book is the epitome of it all! From the beginning/>“Do
Roksana
Sorry but no matter how much the author glossed over the fact that " he slept with someone else" it looked wrong and I felt a sense of betrayal!

He already had feelings for her and so as she..so at that stage for him just casually have sex with some random girl sharing all that intimacy to forget about the heroine was a betrayal on the reader and the heroin's account..and that was exactly her first response as soon as she found out...Just after two days "of that sexual escapade" they met again and mi
Alexandra
UPDATE 5/20/17

Okay, so I'm changing my rating to 5 stars and adding this to my ultimate favorites list. I can't stop thinking about it lately. I so desperately wish the paperback version was available on Barnes & Noble because I really want it. I really, really, really want to reread this, but I don't want to read on my Kindle right now. :( :(

Anyway, I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I first rated this book. It deserves 5 stars because it's stayed with me since I f
Fran
PPFF Rating: 5/5 Stars
A story of life, loss, friendship, love, of choices and what-ifs, of forgiveness and new beginnings.

Do you hear it? It's the sound of the world ripping apart.

Just... WOW! I've been trying to think of something really clever to say but, as cliche as it is, there are simply no words to express how much I LOVED this book. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I've read something that left my heart beating this fast even as I'm typing this. I feel like my heart's going to burst out of my chest and that I'm/>/>A
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
4 Scrummy Cole Everly stars!!

At the very beginning the story plays like a story book damsel in distress as we see Aimee's plan at trying to remain invisible to becoming the most conspicuous person on campus by tripping over a hot guy during a panic attack episode.
 photo tumblr_lopoe8y6bd1qk1nkpo1_500_zps4036fd34.gif
Meet every girl's book boyfriend (Cole Everly) the hot golden boy with a cocky smile and an attitude to mat
Komal Kant
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
BOOM! Another upcoming release from Autumn Doughton!

If I knew how to add those gif thingys or images to my review, then I'd put in the one of that kid that does the fist thingy. And he's doing that face that's like, "Hell yeah!" You know the one? Yeah, that one.

Or one of someone running around screaming. Because I am running around and screaming on the inside. Joyful, happy swearing screaming.
Ailene♥
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Technically, Cole Everly didn't cheat. Yeah, technically. I kept on telling that to myself. But I couldn't help it! I was hurt. I know I am not Aimee, but I felt cheated. Lol! Maybe, I fell in love with Cole really fast that I didn't see that one coming. I guess, I let my guard down so easily assuming he's not like that and he wouldn't do anything. And when it happened, my guard just came backing up on me. I tried to understand. But that's just how I felt.

Putting that one aside, this
Raquel Valldeperas
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-the-cover
Can't wait for this!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When I picked up this book, I had high expectations. Actually, I had sky high expectations from the moment I found out about it. Most of the time, that's a bad thing. They usually lead to disappointment, but not with In This Moment.

Autumn has a way with words that makes it feel like you're not even reading. Like maybe someone is speaking them to you, or better yet, thinking them to you. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's k
Yomi M.
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Rating: 4.5 stars

"I want to be with you. And that might be selfish of me, but I never claimed to be self-less or a good guy."

This story was truly extraordinary and it told the tale of a girl/woman’s journey to self-discovery after the tragedy that occurred in her life. The author did an excellent job with pacing and her writing was exceptional, I always love it when I’m able to read a story and the sentences and paragraphs make sense and flow in a nice manner.

The book tells the story of Aimee that after the trstars
"I
Katie
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 insta-love stars

description

description

First and foremost, I have to comment on the writing...it was just beautiful. Many of the lines read like a poem. The depth and emotion Autumn Doughton put into these two broken characters, paired with her gorgeous writing style, made thi
Jenn Keller
5 "THIS IS REAL" STARS!

I absolutely loved this book from beginning to end and EVERYTHING in between! This was such a slow build which is my absolute favorite part about this book... I feel it is what made this story truly special and different then many books I have read recently! I felt every emotion that I want to feel while reading a book. I highlighted so much in this book; and I know this story will/>Do
Anne OK
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
"All we get are moments, Cole. One at a time, like heartbeats. Once one of them is gone, that's it. No do-overs. No repeats. Every moment possesses its own kind of magic and what we do with it counts. It counts." From this Moment by Autumn Doughton

This one very pleasantly surprised me to say the least. Autumn Doughton’s writing skills and character development were top-notch. There was perfect fluidity to this storyline with a realistic journey to substantiating a believable and meaningful
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
**** 4 "This is Real" Stars ****

Can one forgive themself for an accident that so many paid the price for? Is love enough to mend the shattered pieces of their mind, body & soul.

Review to come...
Abbie
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Actual rating - 2.5

The characters annoyed me one or two times, and I didn't love them, but they weren't bad.

This wasn't an awful read, but I found it pretty slow, and there were quite a few times where I felt bored.
Chu
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

some_text

I love a goodnight sleep and it would take a very good novel to keep me up reading at night when all I wanted to do is go to dreamland. In This Moment had me up until the wee hours, and I couldn't get enough of Cole!

Among all of my Autumn Doughton reads, I must say, In This Moment will stand as my favorite. I enjoyed reading it in one sitting, trying n
Ellie
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Sometimes you come across books that are so unexpected that you're surprised why you've never read or heard of them before. In This Moment was one of those cases.

Aimee Spencer moves back to Florida to attend college after spending her senior year of high school in Portland with her grandpa/>
Sara
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it

This book didn't have a lot of drama in it. I felt like all the good stuff happened before the book started. The book was pretty much happy go lucky through the whole thing, aside from Aimee's grief that she worked through.
Aimee was a incoming college freshman, rooming with her older sister Mara,who also attends the same school. The book hints that Aimee is running/hiding from something. As the book progresses her secret comes out. It was definitely tragic and is understandable why she is so wi
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, a lot. I have been on a strict bad boy kick of late and after finishing a wonderful tear jerker, I think I needed a nice refreshing New adult read. In This Moment did the trick.

Aimee Spencer enters college after losing someone close to her. She is wallowing in a world of self doubt, guilt, and panic. She literally stumbles upon Cole Everly, the typical hot boy with the bad rep. Both are troubled by their pasts, but both are inherently good characters. This is not t
Rebecca
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
“It’s hard to say how it happens. How all of the bits of me – even the broken ones – start to tumble. I think it’s my toes that go first. Next – my legs and the hallow spaces behind my ribs. And then my arms all the way down through my wrist bones to the tips of my fingers. My lips part and I realize that this is what it feels like to fall.”

5 STARS

What a beautiful, pleasantly surprising book. I can't even remember how I found it- I had just finished reading Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken and was looking/>
Elora Ramirez
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2013-reads
“All we get are moments, Cole. One at a time, like heartbeats. Once all of them is gone, that’s it. No do-overs. No repeats. Every moment possesses its down kind of magic and what we do with it counts. It counts.” -

So, I do this thing pretty regularly where I peruse the Top 100 of Amazon Kindle books. Most often all I find are almost-kissing covers or bare stomachs with splayed hands gripping the skin. Not my kind of book, you know? But this one? This one grabbed me. The reviews were stellar (a
Lenore Kosinski
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Wow. Well, that was a piece of awesome. Ms. Doughton seriously knocks it out of the park with this one -- it was a nice piece of real...if that makes sense. It's just that Cole and Aimee felt like *real* people working through *real* problems and dealing with situations in a reasonable manner. It was just so nice to read about a real relationship....from the falling in love (which was epic), to the pitfalls of growing and changing together. I never felt like their reactions were over the top. Th ...more
Deirdre
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

Autumn Doughton is a lyrical writer who tells great stories from the heart. Curling up with Aimee and Cole, following along as their relationship unfolded was an excellent escape and a reminder to savor the little moments: like a heart beat, like waves washing to shore and each other. In this moment is an offering.
Lee Love
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I didn't put it down. Loved it. I typically get frustrated with books heavy on the drama on drama on drama, but I liked the characters, liked their back stories, loved their relationship development in that it actually had full development. It wasn't drawn out hastily like and forced out shallow. This was probably the most fluid dually narrated books I've read. Yay! I love good books!
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet book! So refreshing! Gah cole was totally precious and swoon worthy too! Aimee is sweet and has a past to get through but she's also fun and cute and like able :)
 ♥ Ericka ♥
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!!! I felt like the ending/Epilogue could have been alittle better but 4.5 stars for sure!
Genna
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cocky boys are like my kryptonite in books.
Kat
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! The author really has a knack for making you feel the characters emotions. I cried, I loved, and I honestly will forever hold this story in my heart.
Jamie
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In This Moment is the perfect title for this story because it's so full of those moments in life that can either pass you by, leaving you scarred and a wreck or you can grab ahold of them, cherishing each and everyone of them, no matter how painful they may be because in life all we have are these moments. Aimee has moved away to go to college. She's running from her past and one tragic moment that has defined the rest of her life when she literally runs into (or falls into) Cole Everly. Cole is ...more

• Like Gravity
  • Keep Me Still (Keep Me Still, #1)
  • Pieces of Me
  • More Than This (More Than, #1)
  • Beneath Your Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)
  • Remembering Us
  • Normal (Something More, #1)
  • The Stolen Twin
  • A Heat Of The Moment Thing
  • Sometimes Never (Sometimes Never, #1)
  • Famous by Default
  • Wednesday (Impossible Love #5)
  • Fall Back Skyward (Fall Back, #1)
  • The Final Piece
  • Pieces of Me (Cedar Mountain University, #1)
  • Breathe Again: A Love Story
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning, #1)
  • Tripping Me Up (Unexpected Love, #1)
  • The Practice Boyfriend
  • More Than Forever (More Than, #4)
  • Love 'Em or Leave 'Em
  • Solitude Interrupted
  • Until Now (Not Yet, #2)
  • Unspoken (Woodlands, #2)
  • Steering the Stars
  • Save Me
  • For the Win (Playing for Keeps #1)
  • Unspeakable (Freedom, #1)
  • Heart on a Chain
  • Out of Line (Out of Line, #1)
I write books. Fun books. Books for you, your best friend, your favorite barista and that girl you knew back in the tenth grade. I like to write about the things I know. Things like being confused. Being afraid. Falling in love.

When I’m not writing, I’m usually chasing after my two daughters, two dogs, two chinchillas, three cats and one lovely husband. You can find all of us in Florid
“Love isn’t an accident or something that just happens when you’re not looking. Love is a choice, not a chance.” 42 likes
“All we get are moments, Cole. One at a time, like heartbeats. Once all of them is gone, that’s it. No do-overs. No repeats. Every moment possesses its down kind of magic and what we do with it counts. It counts.” 35 likes