Start by marking “Falling into Infinity (Infinity, #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling into Infinity (Infinity, #1)

Falling into Infinity (Infinity #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  4,384 Ratings  ·  260 Reviews
Pre-med student Caroline “Charlie” Collins, a sophomore at Texas A&M, knows exactly what she wants in life and the order that it will happen: finish college, complete medical school, and then fall in love. A chance meeting with A&M’s star quarterback Colin McKinney changes everything.

A friendship between the two grows over time and blossoms into a powerful love af
Published June 8th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Falling into Infinity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling into Infinity

Akanksha❤ Søren♰
“Hey Charlie,” he mumbled.
“What?”
“Marry me.”
“No Colin. Not today”

HOLY FUCKING EPILOGUE :O I AM GOING TO CUT THE BITCH. [but I read the author's comment that the person doesn't have even a side character type role in book2, so my nerves feel better]

I seriously need the second book now, but I'm glad its only barely 2 months away :D :D Aug, 2013.

•LOVED the book!!
•Dialogue delivery needs working on; Don't get me wrong.. they were HOT but seemed very dragged/forced types at times
•Everything was C
Vishal Mudgal
Jun 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
I don't do the reviews, I'm not good at these but after I read this book I've to write it for myself, because everytime I read a book it gets me into a space where I live it. This book was nothing but confusing, depressing write.

I believe in love, so very much. I'm a believer in fairy-tales romances, where in the end love wins over everything. I can stand everything, every hardship, I can even stand break-ups, lefting out, storming out when you're angry with the person you love. The only thing I
Jessica's Book Review
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Read More Reviews | Find Me on Facebook

“Charlie, when you walked into your dad’s office on the first day we met, I knew that you were something special. These last two years haven’t always been easy, but I never once regretted meeting you until this moment. You are the only person that I have ever given my whole self to and you are destroying me before you are even giving me a chance to make our lives complete.”

I am completely blown away by Falling Into Infinity by Layne Harper. I was not e
Jenny
Ummmmm....okay. First let me start off by saying that my emotions (mostly anger and confusion) were all over the place when reading Falling Into Infinity

photo Jennifer-Lawrence-shaking-head-animated.gif

Saw high ratings. Read some reviews. Decided to give it a shot.

Immediately upon starting on this adventure, I had to bite my tongue. Charlie came off a bit immature, standoffish and not what I was expecting to be introduced to so immediate in the story. But, I still progressed to find out what her deal was.

Then I meet Colin. Or Colin.Fucking.Mc
Fran
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
PPFF Rating: 4/5 Stars
Love is truly sweeter the second time around.

I really loved the story of Colin.Fucking.McKinney and Caroline "Charlie" Collins. I have always been such a fan of books that are sports-related so Colin being a quarterback definitely got me interested right from the start. But most importantly, I truly believed their story.
“Hey Charlie,” he mumbled.
“What?”
“Marry me.”
“No Colin. Not today,” I replied sweetly.

There's an old saying, "If you love something, you have to let it
Elizabeth (Liz)
Falling Into Infinity is a very nice debut from new author Layne Harper!! This story has drama and just the right amount of light-hearted humor, and it should appeal well to those who enjoy both.

Caroline Collins, better known as Charlie to her friends and most of her family, is a young, determined, goal-oriented Sophomore when she meets quarterback Colin McKinney. Their relationship grows slowly from friendship into much more, and this is cause for concern in Charlie’s mind. Her immediate plans
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

I loved Colin, loved him with my whole heart, but he should have never gotten involved with that uppity bish.

This is Charlie for you:

nag..nag..i love you..nag..let's have sex...nag..nag..I'm jealous...nag...nag...you're not paying attention to me..nag and some more friggin naggin!

By the end, (Don't ask me how I made it without my eyeballs getting stuck in a permanent roll) I disliked her so much..poor Colin he, he deserves a trophy dealing with that psycho! And it's a sequel..sorry to say but I
Emily
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I might have given this 5 stars, but then came the epilogue and I knew it wouldn't end here. Now I have to sit and wait for August to hopefully get a HEA! Very enjoyable read. I would never have guessed this to be a debut novel. Looking forward to reading more from Layne Harper. Can't wait until the next one is out.
Three Chicks
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Charlie is graduating from college and heading to medical school to follow in her father’s footsteps. Charlie’s father and mother were married when he was in medical school and her mother supported him along with 4 daughters during his post-graduate years. Once the father was established in his practice he left his wife for the head nurse. Charlie’s mother never got to experience the life that she had worked so hard to support. Instead she was barely keeping it together for the girls an
T.
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow!!!! Loved loved loved the story between Colin and Charlie!!
This is the story of two people whose paths crossed which led to friendship, passion, and love!
Colin was the quarterback for Texas A&M and was destined for the NFL. He grew up with a great family and had what people only dreamed of.
Charlie grew up from a divorced family and watched first hand how her dad destroyed their family with infidelity. She had a plan...no love or boyfriends until med school. Too bad things don't always
TeriLyn
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read for me. At first I couldn't believe what Charlie was doing but after sleeping on it, I get it. There were many parts that I liked about the book.

Charlie was young and had plans and felt suffocated. She was consumed with Colin and had demons that needed to be conquered. Her decisions came from a very mature place for a 21 year old girl who had hot,rich, superstar boyfriend.

Speaking of said boyfriend, Colin was awesome. I loved the way he treated her, how he only had
Chanpreet
Aug 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first 75% of this book. I was a little confused at first with the way the book was set up with one chapter in the present and one in the past, but as I continued reading it started making more sense. It was the last 25% which threw me off a lot. To be honest, this book is more of a 3.5 than either a 3 or a 4 on the rating scale. I was frustrated with both Charlie and Colin for the way they behaved. Both in the past and the present. I was also a little disappointed. The book' ...more
Allison
What I know after reading 4% of this book:

MC has perfect car ($85,000)
Perfect handbag ($3500)
Perfect NFL star, rich boyfriend
Perfect relationship
Perfect best friend
Perfect brain
Perfect, cutesy name

I am assuming she also has a perfect body and perfect face and perfect hair and is perfect in bed. I guess I'll never know because I. Just. Can't.

DNF

Mel
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I must have read a different book to everyone else? I'm quite proud of myself for finishing this. I wanted to give up on quite a few occasions. I hate books where the guy is an arrogant asshat and bossy too. It didn't sit well with me at all. I really didn't like this story at all. As for the ending? I don't think I will be continuing with this series because I really don't care what happens.
Crs2005
Apr 22, 2014 rated it liked it
This book started off slow and picked up a little so I plan to read the 2nd book in hopes that it brings some drama. I am a fan of Happily Ever After, but to get there you need some major stumbling blocks!!!
Katya2007
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I adored this series - I found the writing so easy to read and fell in love with the characters!

Highly recommended series- 5 stars
Periwinklepsyche
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
I'm all inlove with this bittersweet tale of young love that transcends through time.Such a beautiful and sweet story of love that it made my heart burst in happiness but it also made my heart ached for the character's broken love.

"If you love something, you have to let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be." This saying was a perfect description on how Collins and Charlie's love went through.
I had to admit that there's a moment on the
Nicole
What did I want to do after reading Falling Into Infinity??
<< angry photo: pissed_off.gif>/>

Yeah! That's what I felt like doing. Only not to myself, to the book. This book was so fricking absurd that I just wanted to open my BBQ girl and have a little bonfire. You think I'm joking??

<<<serious photo: Not sure if serious serious_zps286a7793.jpg>/>

Because I'm not! This novel was so, so, so, terrible. I wanted to duct tape Colin so bad. He was an egotistical, controlling, abusive,man whore!! You would think I would sympathy for the girlfriend Charlie,
Elaine Book Reads
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Brilliant brilliant book. I was holding my breath all the way. I couldnt breathe. Just awaiting what happens next was sucking out all the air from me.

Charlie is a great herione in this book. I felt like slapping her throughout the book. Some decisions she made, made me frustrated. I wanted her to be stronger in some situations. Overall she is a strong hearted girl. She made the right decision.

Colin..WOW!Words cannot describe how awesome, brillant, wonderful, sexy, hot, loving, romantic, sweet ch
deb22luvsbooks
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
At the beginning of this book I was thinking I was not going to like this book because it starts off in the middle of the relationship between Colin and Charlie...but then....it gets interesting!
Colin is a college football quarterback, destined for stardom, Charlie is the daughter of an Orthopedic Surgeon specialiizing in athletic injuries and a college student studying pre-med. They are intruduced by her father because Colin cant drive to his doctors appointments and Charlie is pretty much orde
Sallyb86
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Wow...! I'm speechless.. I loved this book, although right now I could scream...!!!! I want the second installment right now...!! Arrgh.. The cliff hanger killed me..! I have now adopted this book as one of my top list of favorites.. I was glued from the beginning.. What an amazing romantic love story.. It felt so real, the emotions of the characters felt so real, I was connected with them all the way.. I love love loved Collin.. Sex on legs.. Everything about him scream lust.. Him and Charlie h ...more
texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com
4.5 stars.

I have to admit, I wasn't sure I was going to finish this one early on. The heroine grated on my nerves and if felt too childish but then shit got REAL.

I can't say that I'm happy he's with Dallas but I did love the Texas roots and the absolute true to size fascination we have with our football players from High School on up.

I'm not typically a fan of NA, which is likely why I struggled so much at the beginning. This is absolutely a powerful romance between two very stubborn, and let's
Kathy
My family couldn't find me this weekend because I kept avoiding them- I didn't want anyone interrupting my reading of the Infinity series by Layne Harper. I read the whole series in just a couple days, and stayed up late to do so.

I am a huge fan of sports romances and this series was a great addition to that genre. I read mixed reviews of the series (to each his own) but for me it was wonderful following the life and love of Caroline (Charlie) and star quarterback Colin over the four book seri
Desiree Gorman -  A Love Affair With Books
Let me start out by saying that I thoroughly enjoyed this debut novel from author Layne Harper! Colin and Caroline (Charlie) were amazing characters and it was absolutely a joy to get lost in their story. I was captivated in every way by this book and spent a number of pages in tears, laughter and finally holding my breath a few times.

Here is the one thing that sets Layne Harper's book apart....we are all used to the girl loves boy, boy loves girl storyline. What took me a moment to get use to w
Meaghan
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i LOVED this book, and I don't ever write reviews. If you liked The Oppertunist by Tarryn Fisher, you will love this book. They are both AMAZING books, but this is in no way a copy or a bad remake. This story is about a girl who is in love with her boyfriend, but the first half of the book goes back and forth from them meeting and the beginning of their relationship, to them in their senior year of college where Charlie (the girl) has to make a very important decision about her and Colin's futur ...more
Gloria Elena
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ok, here it is in short:
1. I LOVED this book!
2. The characters are awesome, Colin is an awesome hot football player; Charlie/Caroline is a bit of cold bitch, but she is likeable! LOL
3. The love between these 2 characters is an amazing to read, their joys, their struggles, their insecurities, their unending commitment
4. The book can be divided into 2 parts: Part 1 - their college years, Part 2 -their adult relationship
5. The book ends on a high note, but it will continue in a second book--it has
Chelsea
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, Colin was adorable and made me swoon many times. I also really enjoyed Charlie even if her decision made me sad I still respected her for being her and being such a strong women.
I enjoyed the flashbacks and the way the story didn't fallow a typical story line of fall in love fight and get back together within days. I was disappointed when the end came and but the epilogue gave me some hope for the next book which I can't wait to read.

Jonna Hogan
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: athlete
I am in love! I don't know how I had not come across this book before now but I'm so glad I found it. I laughed, I screamed, I may have shed a tear or two. I absolutely loved it! The end in a certain persons point of view didn't make me very happy but I'm guessing that is what the drama will be in the next book, which I can not wait to start. Colin.Fucking.McKinney you are my new book boyfriend:)
SIMILAR SERIES? 3 13 Sep 08, 2015 01:36PM
  • In Spades (Mirrored, #1)
  • Discovering Us (True Love, #1)
  • Exposure (East Park, #1)
  • Three Hearts, One Soul (Soul, #1)
  • Enraptured (Demi Brother's #1)
  • Ruined by You (By You, #1; Maggie & Haden, #1)
  • Spiral
  • Choices (Choices, #1)
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • The Perfect Distraction (Perfect, #1)
  • First Position
  • Learning to Live (Learning, #1)
  • Misjudged (Misjudged, #1)
  • Beautiful Misery (Beautiful, #2)
  • Emerge (Evolve, #1)
  • Holding On (Holding On, #1)
  • Promise Me This (Promise Me, #1)
  • Beside Your Heart (The Heart, #1)
Layne Harper is a mom, wife, book junkie, and sports fanatic. However, when the kids and husband are safely ensconced at school and work, she slips into her office with her three rescue dogs and writes until it’s time to drive carpool. Her children have no idea about her secret life (and they hopefully never will), and the dogs won’t tell. She’s always writing in her mind though and making notes o ...more
More about Layne Harper

Infinity (6 books)
  • From Now Until Infinity (Infinity, #2)
  • Finding Infinity (Infinity, #3)
  • Infinity. (Infinity, #4)
  • The World: According to Rachael (Infinity, #5)
  • The World: According to Graham (Infinity, #6)
“Call me when you can't breathe without thinking about me because that's the way I deserve to be wanted.” 1 likes