Start by marking “George Washington: An Illustrated Biography” as Want to Read:
George Washington: An Illustrated Biography

George Washington: An Illustrated Biography

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
America's first president has become an icon, but Washington the man has remained something of a mystery, even today. Already a national hero well before his legendary presidency, George Washington revealed himself not only as a strong leader, but also as a pragmatic, skilled, and modest politician. Here is the full story of the life of George Washington, told with quotes ...more
Published November 1st 2004 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about George Washington, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about George Washington

Tammy
Jul 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Another book I got from the YA section. Easy read, jumps around a lot...the time line isn't always fixed which sometimes was confusing. Good book to get a general, starting point to learn more about Washington. Has inspired me to find a book about Martha. It was so cool to see pictures and descriptions of Mount Vernon since we've visited there. I think if I had lived during his time, we would have gotten along.
Mmcmanus7
May 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Wow. This book really throws a tsunami full of paragraphs of factual information about George Washington. Its kind of like the book "Who Was George Washington?" by Roberta Edwards, but this book expands information and provides a lot of information about his actions and words. I would recommend this book for high schoolers because it has so much information with detail about Washington.
Lisa Beth
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book. Recommended for any age that is up to reading it. It covers Washington's entire life with very little commentary and no apparent agenda.
Barbara Lovejoy
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love reading books about George Washington. Found this one by chance while at the library. It's a great addition to the other books I have read.
Stephanie
Jan 29, 2018
DZMM
added it
Aug 23, 2018
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then- ...more