Start by marking “I Breathe You” as Want to Read:
I Breathe You

I Breathe You

When a tragic accident leaves Rhane Evans -- lead vocalist for the rock band Fate's Crazy -- permanently unable to speak above a whisper and kills the love of her life, she moves across the state to pick up the pieces. Shattered, Rhane struggles to understand what happened the night of the accident, an accident everyone blames her for, even though she wasn't driving the ca ...more
ebook
Published August 2nd 2013 (first published July 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about I Breathe You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Breathe You

Patrycja
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of steamy and heartbreaking romance stories
Recommended to Patrycja by: me cause I'm that awesome ;)

Enter Ian Callahan. He's the one person who may have a more tumultuous past than Rhane. Though they try hard to deny the si
Anna
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved it !!! Review to come!
Vanessa
“No! Dalton, come back!” “Why are you leaving me?” The dark timbre of his laughter vibrates through me, and he taunts me unseen, “You killed me, Rhaney baby. Are you happy now?”

Rhane Evans is no longer the woman she once was. After months in the hospital following a tragic accident, Rhane can finally go back to her life…or what’s left of it. Without her voice, Rhane is just an angry shell of who she used to be; forever a reminder of the loss she suffered, her career, her spirit, her soul mate.
Skye Burling-Briggs
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review***

WOW!!!
I am emotionally drained!

'When a tragic accident leaves Rhane Evans -- lead vocalist for the rock band Fate's Crazy -- permanently unable to speak above a whisper and kills the love of her life, she moves across the state to pick up the pieces. Shattered, Rhane struggles to understand what happened the night of the accident, an accident everyone blames her for, even though she wasn't driving the car.

Enter Ian Callahan. He's the
Stacie
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given this book as an arc in exchange for an honest review. Thank You Lori L. Clark for the opportunity to read this book, it was a pleasure. I do not know that my review can do this book justice, but I will do my best.

The life of Rhane Evans is changed forever when a tragic accident not only takes the love of her life but also her voice. Rhane is the lead singer of the band Fate's Crazy and this accident leaves her vocal chords so damaged she is left being able to only speak in a whisper.
Aestas Book Blog
Jul 10, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: top-tbr
OMG this looks good!!! Added!

Kath
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, arc
4.5

I've received an ARC of this book from Lori L. Clark in exchange for an honest review

photo original_zpscaec5692.gif

Rhane Evans and Dalton Morgan
 photo pizapcom13739422424581_zps22b29149.jpg
I loved Dalton Morgan to the edge of time and back

Living 'THE LIFE' of a rock star, young love that shared interest in music. Their career on edge of a good breakthrough for their band Fate's Crazy
 photo rock1_zpsf5331760.jpg

"Don't ever leave me babe. A guy can't live with part of his heart missing."
 photo original_zps6b979339.gif

But just when it's a start of something new.

photo 6monthslater_zpsbe64e3d9.jpg

photo pizapcom13739431743961_zpsde2a5584.jpg

everything went... Black... for Rhane Evans.

The New Rhan
Angie Elle
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
***This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.***

This is a story about a young woman who loses all of her dreams in a single night. After a car crash takes her voice and her boyfriend, Rhane is left to pick up the pieces of her life. Her only source of emotional support is her uncle, as her parents cut her out of their lives when she dropped out of college to be the lead singer in a rock band.

With no other options, Rhane goes to the house her grandmother left her and f
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
☆☆☆☆4 Beautiful Melody Stars ☆☆☆☆

The beautiful story of finding the music to your heart again.

photo PicsArt_1429215255406_zpslujf1qmc.jpg

Rhane Evans, the rocker chick, lead singer of an up and coming band is handed a devastating hand of cards when a car accident takes the two loves of her life. Her voice and Dalton. As she comes to terms with outcome of her actions that fatal night, she accepts the truth with beautiful restraint. If only that restraint carried over to her instant reactions to the present life she is dealing with.

As s
Anne Parks
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The girl who has everything going for her - sensational singing voice, member of an up-and-coming band that is already making waves; sexy, understanding boyfriend...life is good for Rhane. Until it’s not.

I started this book and could not put it down until I was finished...then I was really mad that I didn't have a Book 2 waiting in the wings. I loved that this is not the usual "girl with a broken past - boy will fix it with mind-blowing sex" story. Rhane had to fight through some deep-seated iss
Jean Maurie
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG I loved this book, I Breathe You. I could identify because at 16 I had my lips sewn together for some repair surgery and I couldn't talk either. Not being able to talk is traumatic and I felt Rhane's pain and frustration.

I had to keep reading to see if Rhane was going to get her voice back. I wanted her to be able to sing again.

Rhane is so brave and as I was reading I wanted to hug her and say “I know how you’re feeling, you’ll be ok.”

Then Ian enters the picture and he’s been hurt too. Wo
Meganm922
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I Breathe You was amazing. I love the writing style of Lori C. Clark and how in depth she gets with her characters. While the story had a romantic plot, it was also a lot more than that. A lot of time was spent getting to know Rhane and her history. A the same time she was sorting out her feelings for Ian, she was also sorting out a ton of her own issues and I enjoyed the extra layers.

Rhane lost the love of her life, her musical passion, and her voice in one tragic accident. Thanks to her late
J
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
description

Rhane, is on top of the world. Her rock band Fate's Crazy has just been given the chance of a lifetime to tour with the hottest act around.
But life as she knows it changes in a split second. Everything she held so tight has been ripped away. Her Boyfriend, Dalton killed in an accident that she has no memory of.
An accident that leaves her without a voice unable to speak above a whisper.

description

6 months later we see Rhane being discharged from hospital into the care of her Uncle T.
With no relationship
Krissy
Shelves: favourites
*****ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review*****

Ok, so this story starts out with a rock group called 'Fate's Crazy' performing to get their big break. The lead singer Rhane and guitarist Dalton are a fiery couple in love. They score their break and than a tragedy occurs leaving Rhane without her voice, the love of her life and she can't remember anything about the accident....
“Even though I struggle to remember some things, I have had no problem figuring out that Dalton Morgan
Sarika Patkotwar
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
*NOTE: We (The Readdicts) received a copy of I Breathe You from author Lori L. Clark in exchange for an honest review. We thank Lori for the book!

It's no surprise that I love mind boggling, disturbing and messed up books. The more messed up, the better, is the principle I go by while picking a book to read. It's also no surprise that I adore abrupt and cliff hanger endings. But let me tell you that author Lori L. Clark has a way of making me think twice about liking such things which makes me l
Julie
Jul 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Rhayne Evans is the lead singer and lyricist of the up-and-coming band 'Fate's Crazy'. She and her band mates are sitting on top of the world when that world is turned upside down. Following the car accident that leaves her band mate & boyfriend dead, and her with no voice, Rhayne struggles to piece her life back together and find her purpose now that she can no longer sing.

Ian Callahan is hired by Rhayne's uncle to remodel the home she inherited from her grandmother. Their physical attracti
All-Things-Books [Whairigail]
*** 4 Stars ***

I Breathe You by Lori Clark

Blurb

Enter Ian Callahan. He's the one person who may have a more tumultuous past
Jenn Sternshein
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given this book for a honest review and after reading what it was about i was so excited to read it i started right away. I started I Breathe You yesterday to finish today and i got busy, but i have to say i couldn't get stop thinking about what was going to happen. Even now i'm sitting here thinking about how wonderful this book is. It truly was beautifully written, Lori Clark is someone to watch out for.

I Breathe You starts off with Rhane and her bf Dalton and her band getting signed to
Stephanie
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mira
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC for an honest review

I'm not going to give anything away about the story because I want the people to get anxious, excited and feel the goodness of this book when they read it by themselves.

Talk about crazy!
Everything about this book made me crazy.
I find Rhane alone entertaining, I could read the whole book with just Rhane and her humor. Yes, something tragic happened to her. Losing her voice and barely talk, yet she's so funny and I love her character.
Ian was a bonus. Of course
Jacqueline
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book by the author in return for my honest opinion.

I loved this book.
It was an unusual plot. The first few chapters were heartbreaking to read and I seriously considered ditching it because I don't enjoy too much angst in my stories and it all felt so terribly real, but I'm so glad I didn't.

I loved the character of Rayne and the attraction between her and Ian was sweet and genuine. I was really rooting for them to get together, but at the same time, it was lovely that
Sheri
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5/4 stars

ARC was provided by author in exchange for honest review and here it is...

Honestly I enjoyed the story line and the characters. The writing is smooth and I plan on looking it to more books by Lori Clark. Rhane is kind of a hard character to like but I ended up really liking her. There were many times I laughed out loud because of her quirkiness. I liked Ian also. I liked how fast paced the story was but there were parts that I feel could have been explained better and have more emotio
Sharon Leek
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have thought the same thing at the conclusion of each book by this author I have read prior to I Breathe You. And, again I say "I want more!"

Excellent character development. If you were unsure about liking someone at the beginning, you will change your mind as time goes by because the explanations as the story develops are human and make sense. And the story develops beautifully and takes you in directions you most likely are not expecting. No superfluous people here - they all play a part.

In
Dawn Collins
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this arc for an honest review so without further ado...

Rayne was in a tragic accident and loses everything from the love of her life to her music. Along came Ian with his own tragic messed up life. The story line is awesome. Tragic events that could possibly happen to another person. I sat and read this book until it was finished. There were parts I laughed with and cried my eyes out with and parts I got angry with the characters. The author is able to keep you engaged at every turn
Amanda
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW.

I really enjoyed this book, once I picked it up I could not stop reading. One things for sure Lori defiantly knows how to keep a reader gripped, I was actually a bit gutted that it ended as I thought the story could of gone on longer.

I would of loved to have Ian's point of view involved in this book and maybe an epilogue. 'Cause I'm a sucker for fairytale epilogues. Or maybe there could be a book number 2 *Finger's Crossed*

Overall I loved this book and would certainly recommend it to other
Koya.siebie
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this story a lot. Ian is so sexy, red head or not! and Rahne is my type of female lead. She's the bad ass messed up girl and he is the quiet messed up boy. My only problem with this book is that it ends so suddenly. I felt like a lot of question weren't answered and a lot of the couples problems weren't solved. Like "What really happened the night of the crash and Does she get the surgery? It just felt like it should have been longer
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jul 22, 2013 marked it as to-read
I added this to my tbr because it looked interesting but this statement from the author on the summary confused me : Due to popular request, I am busy working on I Breathe You, Too (Breathe #2). Told from Ian's POV!

How can there be a popular request if only ARC/early release readers have read the book? Unless every single ARC reader asked for a book 2, which I don't think would happen...

Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was fan-bloody-tastic. It was full of raw emotion... Especially in the first half. Quite a few times i had to put kindle down & take a few minutes to just think.
I really liked the characters in this story. Storyline kept me interested all the way through.
I can't recommend this book highly enough.

Received from author in return for honest review.
Melinda
Aug 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book but i felt it could've been so much more. In the beginning I kept waiting for the heartbreak that didn't come. The anticipation was there then nothing. I also would've liked to have read more development between their relationship. Overall it was enjoyable and I may read the next book when it is released.
Brooke-True Story Book Blog
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it

I have to say that I cannot even begin to explain how intrigued I was about this book after reading the amazing synopsis. I mean, seriously…read this:

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Anonymously Yours (Yours, #1)
  • High Risk Love (The Risk Series, #1)
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • Finally (Windy City, #1)
  • Save (Save Me, #1)
  • When You Loved Me
  • Love Exactly
  • A Graceful Mess
  • Haven from the Storm (Storms of Life, #1)
  • Life, Love, & Lemons
  • Ruin (Summer in Winter, #1)
  • NOT A BOOK: For the Summer
  • Ending a Broken Journey (Journey, #1)
  • Every Breath (Every Life, #1)
  • Lifeless (Lifeless, #1)
  • I Surrender (I Surrender #1)
  • Glass Hearts
  • By a Thread (By a Thread, #1)
Lori L. Clark currently resides in Hazelwood, MO with her fur kids... a two-year-old Min Pin mix named Rubble, a 5-year-old Min Pin named Mini, and an owner surrender affectionately known as Lacey the Biting Min Pin.

When Lori isn't listening to the voices in her head, waiting for the next creative inspiration to hit, she also loves to read, run, paint pet portraits and rescue dogs.

Email Lori at L
“She casts her eyes to the floor and nods slowly. I reach forward, instinctively and tip her chin up to face me. "I'm sure she's very pretty." I tell her.

Inside, I'm not sure of any such thing. In my mind, the woman flies around on a broom, has pet monkeys and is deathly afraid of water.”
6 likes