Start by marking “Manic (Rook and Ronin, #2)” as Want to Read:
Manic (Rook and Ronin, #2)

Manic

(Rook and Ronin #2)

TRAGIC is over and Rook is ready for the future—Spencer Shrike and the STURGIS contract!

It’s three months of body art modeling! That means three months of Spencer Shrike’s paintbrush all over her body, three months in front of Antoine’s camera, and three months of twenty-four hour filming for Spencer’s Biker Channel reality show.

Wait a minute…what reality show? Maybe she
Published August 1st 2013 by Science Future Press (first published July 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Manic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manic

"That's All" Ash
You know, I’ve been searching for an author like J.A. Huss for awhile.

Because she’s such a wild card of a writer.

And you don’t see that often.

I say she’s a wild card because when you read her stories…

You can’t predict them.

♦She takes a story and decorates it with edge and whimsy.
She takes the damsel in distress and gives her a fuck you attitude.♦
♦She takes the prince and gives him a villain complex.

And that’s just the beginning.

photo untitled.png

Christy
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Stars!!!!
 photo 50447468-1418-433d-abfb-890d5c232c39_zps921dbcdc.jpg

Rook’s life has drastically changed in the last month or so. She is no longer struggling. After finishing her TRAGIC campaign, she has more money than she knows what to do with. She has money to start school, a boyfriend she is falling for. What more could she want?
I am so totally in love with Ronin Flynn right now, it’s scary.
With her upcoming Sturgis contract, Rook knows everything is about to change. Not only with Rook be on a three month shoot with Spencer painting her nake
Amy | Foxy Blogs
The story picks up right where Tragic left off.

Rook impulsively signed a modeling contract to allow Spencer to paint her nude body to match and/or compliment his motorcycles. In her haste to show her independence by taking this deal she fails to realize that the deal includes a reality TV show. Now, her privacy is no longer hers.

Ronin her over protective boyfriend struggles to control his emotions as he watches Rook battle to gain control of her life.

Ford is the TV producer and rubs Rook wron
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing

4 Body Painted Stars

description

J.A. Huss' first book of this series Tragic was no fluke my goodread friends!! This sequel is so well done, the story line is mysterious, action-packed and oh so sexy.

The story picks up right where we last left Rook and Ronin in Tragic. Rook and Ronin are enjoying boyfriend/girlfriend status and are now learning all the details of the Sturgis contract which Rook signed at the end of the first book. The contract is not only for three months of body art modeling, but Rook wil
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

If you enjoyed reading Tragic than you will Love Manic.

This is a continuation of Rook and Ronin's story picking up at the end of Tragic where Rook has signed up to be the model for Spencer and his bikes on the Surgis contract.

This book starts off with Rook making impulsive decisions firstly starting off with taking the contract without speaking to Ronin only to find out she will be followed by a camera crew for a reality show as well let not forget the naked body painting!

Now as Rook is trying
Michelle
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed

This was not just about reading a book, a story - this was experiencing it - being drawn into a whole new world. For me, not long ago J.A. Huss was just another author's name. But after Tragic that changed. She became the flash in the dark - an author that seemed to have created a story that came out of nowhere; became something so much more than what you expected. I think I fell a little bit in love after reading Tragic. I know that I fell completely after reading Manic. The writing style, the
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4.5 Stars!

This was a great follow-up to Tragic. Rook has started her contract to pose painted with Spencer's Shrike Bikes and eventually show in Sturgis.

photo sexy-spiderman-body-paint-nsfw_zps949ddde7.jpg
 photo bike_main_1607294a_zps73bba705.jpg

So Rook didn't realize part of the contract involved being filmed for a television pilot which causes many uncomfortable moments for her and puts her in daily contact with Ford. Ford and Ronin know each other and do not get along because (view spoiler). Ronin is off helping Clare with her addiction
Brandi
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a runner anymore. I'm a chaser.

Manic picks up where Tragic left off. Rook is working on the Sturgis campaign - as Spencer's canvas. Her summer includes, lots of body paint, modeling with Spencer's custom bikes and being filmed by Ford's camera crew. Oh, and she is attempting to build a relationship with Ronin - things get a little complicated.

Ronin, Spencer and Ford seem to have history, but no one is sharing with Rook...

description

Spencer is a certifiable genius, Ford is as ruthless as they com
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
That was awesome, even better than the first book.

The book opens at the start of the STURGIS campaign. Rook finally starts to realize exactly what she signed up for, and it wasn't just to be the naked canvas for Spencer. Ronin is still unhappy about her decision, and Rook finally begins to realize why he was so against her taking the contract.

Along with Spencer, we meet Ford, another person from Ronin's past that he would rather not have Rook around. Unfortunately, Claire is in rehab, and Roni
Jen
This is book two in the "Rook and Ronin" series, and again I give a 4.5 stars. The half mark is because I did find that Ronin and Rook weren't together very much in the book and that tends to bother me in romance books. In this case though, it didn't ruin the book in anyway for me. I did still find it extremely enjoyable, and the reason for that is Ford and Spencer! These two characters are a great addition to the story, and Ford especially is a guy who I want to know more about. The mystery sur ...more
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
"Because I'm not a runner anymore. I am a chaser."

Manic picks up right where Tragic left off. Rook is completing the Sturgis campaign under the hands of Spencer Shrike. Rook spends her days having her body painted, being photographed on bikes, and filmed by Ford. All the while, trying to navigate and explore her relationshp with Ronin.

Things between Ronin, Ford and Spencer....AWKWARD!

What's going on with these three?? Hmm....no one seems to be who they say they are....and let me tell you, who
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book by J.A. Huss! Even though I was tempted a little by Ford, their is just no competing with the mouthwatering model perfection that is RONIN!!!

-I realize my fingers just walked their way down to the waistband of his shorts right along with my eyes and when I look up at him he's grinning.

-I know it's just your basic flirt, but actually, Ronin does it to me at all times. I have to take a deep breath to quiet my heart rate a little because everything about him sets me off. "Ki
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
4.5 Stars! Wow what a twist, Rook and Ronin deal with a lot of issues in this second installment and once again I loved every minute. Onto the next...
4.5 Stars

Manic is the continuation of Rook's story.
I still pretty much like her.
She's healing little by little and giving away some control by trusting Ronin.
She may even be falling for him.

photo image_zps8a5c241a.jpg

So far I'm Team Ronin!!!
He's gorgeous.
He's madly in love with Rook.
AND he gives her intense sexual pleasure. Oh yes, I love him!!

photo image_zpsa3c6bbf2.jpg

Rook is working on the Sturgis modeling project right now.
Spencer paints her body everyday and Rook is also being filmed 24/7 for a possible reality show.
I have to say, Rook is pr
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.75-4 Stars

Manic was good, it wasn’t as enjoyable as Tragic, but it was different.

Manic begins right where Tragic left off. Rook is now on the STURGIS account it comes with a lot of rules. She will be on camera, she has to do many photo shoots naked and she has to be photographed with other men. On top of all of this Ronin has to leave Rook and go help Claire who is in rehab in another city.

I didn’t read the summary and if I did, I am not sure I would have bumped up Manic. I originally started
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Runners and Chasers Stars

The journey is the only thing that counts because once you reach your destination, there's always somewhere else to go. Another journey to take. Life is like that.

In life we run away from nightmares, people and situations. Scared and scarred we afraid of confrontation and we are not brave enough to prove to ourselves that we are free. To live, to dream, to live like we want. To make our dreams come true.

description

In life we also chase our dreams, the ones we love, the goal that
Kim Bailey
5 Stars

JA Huss has managed the near impossible ... a sequel that surpasses the first! I did NOT think it was possible to be more in love with Rook & Ronin - I was SO wrong.

Manic picks up right where Tragic leaves off. I was completely caught off guard by the intensity of this story. It bursts out of the gate, takes off running & never lets up. Right to the very end. I'm not a runner anymore. I'm a chaser.

There was nothing predictable about this book - I absolutely love that I could't g
**ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for honest review

Review also posted on www.bookbitchesblog.com

RATING CLARIFICATION :: 4.5 Stars

WOW....What can I say. I truly think this was an excellent second book to this series. I can even say that I enjoyed this book more then Tragic (book 1). I fell in love with Rook and Ronin in Tragic and that love just continued to grow throughout this book. What I really liked about Rook and Ronin in this book, is that even though they encounter some bumps
❤Casey❤
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Like the first book, I'm not going to fully review this book. It's been done, wonderfully many times. Just gonna add my thoughts........

Still in love with Ronin. Be still my beating heart. He did piss me off in this book, running off to "help" Clare, which amounted to saying a few sentences to her during one visit. Literally he chose Clare over Rook several times. I wanted to beat him. But I still swooned over him.

Rook is getting stronger by the chapter but I'm hoping the event towards the end o
Bella
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Manic is an awesome sequel to Tragic.

In Manic, Rook's circumstances are completely different. She is no longer homeless and desperate. She has signed on to be Spencer's canvass - which is a bit more confusing than she thought it would be. And for someone that was homeless, I would think she would be a bit more responsible in reading her contracts and showing up on time for things. Why would you risk losing your job?? And if you're running from an abusive ex, why would you take a modeling job wh
Jen O'grady
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The continuation of Rook and Ronins story, in this book we see Rook modelling for Spencer with Spencer, Billy and Ronin, and it gets hot in the studio !!
Twists and turns in this book as an unwanted visitor from the past turns up.
It's unputadownable I'm just loving these books almost as much as I'm loving Ford !!
Sammy ⭐️
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, 4-star, favourates
4.5 stars truly loving this series now onto Panic
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Jointly Reviewed on: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/07/...

Gitte:
The excitement to be back with Rook and (sigh) Ronin was almost too much wasn’t it Jenny. We loved Tragic and couldn’t wait to hear what was in store for them next. Upon starting ‘Manic’ we find Rook just about to embark on the Sturgis contract. Dragging her feet, regretting her decision to be involved, a decision made out of ‘childish spite.’ She’s been warned yet has no idea what she’s let herself in for and to begin with she’
Brandi
Three years.

It's been three years since I was first introduced to this world and I cannot believe I haven't been back.
Although, in many ways, I guess I have been back.
I've been back by way of Spencer and Five and Mr & Mrs and all of those books that are spin-offs, but aren't spin-offs.
I've been back.

And yet, I haven't.

There's something special about Manic. This STURGIS contract and Rook and Ronin and Spencer and Ford. #FuckingFord. This is about the time everyone falls for Ford.
But I'
C-Money
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You, my dear sweet Rook are not tragic anymore. That is over. But you went and fucked it all up didn't you. Just to prove a point that you don't have to list to Ronin. But now look what you did, you have gotten yourself so far in the deep end who will pull you out. Pull up your fucking big girl panties and deal with your issues. You made this decision. you have to live with it.

Let him paint your body, let him make you his muse. Get on that bike, get turned the fuck on and the god damn picture.
Coco.V
💝FREE on iBooks today (6/11/2018)!💝

Blurb:
TRAGIC is over… and Rook is ready for the future--Spencer Shrike and the STURGIS contract!

It's three months of body art modeling! That means three months of Spencer Shrike's paintbrush all over her body, three months in front of Antoine's camera, and three months of twenty-four-hour filming for Spencer's Biker Channel reality show.

Wait a minute... what reality show? Maybe she should've read that STURGIS contract a little closer? ;)

Sure, Rook's bank accoun
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I couldn't put this book down. Not at all. Had to finish it, all in one setting just to find out what happens. I'm not gonna lie, I read most of the reviews so I was nervous coming into this second book. I got the vibe from the first book, and the book reviews, that this story would possibly turn. It did, in a way I didn't think it would. Let's just say, I'm sucked completely into this series and I can't concentrate on a review when I have to finish it ;-) so far a must read series!

A line that s
Kara
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This was book 2 of the series.

What a great 2nd book! I loved every bit of this story (well every bit but the Claire story line). Rook is a great female mc. Ronin, Spencer & Ford - what a web they weave. I can't wait to read more about them in the next book!

Book 300 in 2013!

***UPDATE This is one of my Top 5 Reads for 2103***
Janey
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, series
4.5 OMFG stars

Wonderful surprise of a story. The MC's continue their journey..we have a wealth of fantastic supporting characters..a gripping storyline...& there's still more!

Onto Panic...
CeCe
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 out of 5 Stars; Maniac started a little after Tragic left off. The TRAGIC contract shoot was over and Rook was starting the STURGIS contract. Rook is having doubts that she made the right decision when she signed the STURGIS contract since she did not realize that part of the agreement was having cameras in her apartment and follow her to tape a reality show. Rook sitting naked while Spencer paints her everyday puts a little strain on Rook and Ronin’s relationship, but can they overcome it? ...more

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The End of Games (The Single Lady Spy, #2)
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden, #2)
  • Exposure (East Park, #1)
  • Get Bent (Hard Rock Roots, #2)
  • Use (Forbidden, #2)
  • Forever (Sempre, #2.5)
  • Pieces of Truth (Pieces of Lies, #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 5 "Escape" (My Masters' Nightmare, #5)
  • Dissolution (Breach, #1.5)
  • Breaking Shaun (Breaking Free, #2)
  • Love Plus One (G-Man, #2)
  • Starfire (Peaches Monroe, #3)
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5)
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic toxic ...more

Rook and Ronin (3 books)
  • Tragic (Rook and Ronin, #1)
  • Panic (Rook and Ronin, #3)
“So, tell me, Ford—is that a family name? Or did your parents just like trucks?” 16 likes
“Because Spencer is a certifiable genius, Ford is as ruthless as they come, and I'm an accomplished liar.” 12 likes