Start by marking “His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2)

His Risk to Take

(Line of Duty #2)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  7,694 Ratings  ·  707 Reviews
A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

The greater the risk, the hotter the reward…

Homicide cop Troy Bennett had a reputation on the Chicago PD for being fearless and in control—until the night his daredevil partner is killed during a raid. From that moment on, he swears he’ll never again be responsible for the loss of a loved one. To escape his demons,
Published May 13th 2013 by Entangled Publishing (Brazen)

To ask other readers questions about His Risk to Take, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Risk to Take

Lisa
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it

He knew what they saw when they looked at him. Quiet, friendly guy. Passionate about his job. It's the same thing women saw, too. In the beginning.

Well.....what do we have here???

A sexy and controlling dirty talker???? Hello there.....

description

But Prince Charming disappeared as soon as they made it to the bedroom.

Troy Bennett:

And, his conquest.....Ruby Elliot:
description

"Next time you bend over a table, I'm going to wrap all that hair around my fist and pull your head back. I want to watch your eyes glaze over
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3 you sir are no Derek Tyler stars

*Spoilers*

photo giphy 11_zpsoeyflgxc.gif

Maybe yummy lieutenant Derek Tyler ruined all the other men in this series for me. Maybe he is just too much to top!!! I don't know why, but this one just didn't did it for me. Insta-love stories are either hit or miss for me, and this one was a miss. It felt forced, and I didn't buy their relationship. No way does Troy hold a candle to the Lickable Derek! I expected one thing and got something else altogether. I feel a little let down!

photo 959797_460s_zpsyzxcownp.jpg

Everything fe
Christy
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 hustler stars!

photo 60a21f36-b0d2-4998-9ba5-9e39da835490_zpskynovpdm.jpg

After my second Tessa Bailey book, I have decided she's a new go to author for me when I’m looking for an easy, sexy romance. Listening to this second book in her Line of Duty series was just as good as the first. And it was even hotter. All because of one dirty talking cop… Troy Bennett.

Troy is new to NYPD. He was transferred from Chicago after his partner was killed in duty. Ruby Elliot is not the type of girl to date a cop. She’s spent most of her life hustling people in poo
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
FOUR STARS!

So, being the idiot that I am, I totally read this novella in the wrong order. I read it's sequel first, so being introduced to these characters when I'd already met them in the sequel felt kinda strange. But, that was totally on me and my rating doesn't reflect that strangeness.

Troy Bennett and Ruby Elliott first cross paths at a bar. There's an instant connection between the two when they lock eyes which continues to sizzle as he witnesses her do what she does best: hustle money fro
Lisa Jayne
Jun 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: brazen-addict
3 DIRTY TALKIN' STARS

description

Wow this short, sexy story has hot written all over it, another Brazen book yet again has ticked my easy Romance buttons, here are my thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Police officer Troy Bennett has just relocated to New York from Chicago, hoping for a fresh start this man of law leaves a past of difficulties behind him and is looking to settle into a drama free lifestyle and doing what he does best; solving crime. Ruby is a pool hustler growing up has been no easy feat for t
Sandra
"Next time you bend over a table, i'm going to wrap all that hair around my fist and pull your head back. I want to watch your eyes glaze over when i fuck you into oblivion."

tumblr m2ybg3inw P1qihztbo1 400

Holy hell! Tessa Bailey has managed to write another HOT as the alabama sun book! And the male MC...

9fb20120 b0bd 4f07 b8bf 3e6346b4177f zps2e8da855

YUM!

His Risk to Take is the 2nd book in the Line of Duty series and is a companion novel to Protecting What's His, which means it can be read as a stand alone and is about a different couple - Troy and Ruby.

You already met
Catarina
This second book of Line of Duty tells us the story of Troy and Ruby.
Troy is a detective; Ruby is a pool hustler to pay the bills. (Yes, hustler, you’ve read it right!)
And after a very strange one-night-stand they can’t seem to stay away from each other, when Troy finds that she is in danger, he won’t stop at nothing to keep her safe.

First, Troy is a sexy-as-sin-alpha-male.

Ruby is also awesome.
The sexy steam and the sweet moments are all here, but I’ve got to say that althout I liked it a l
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
First, let's meet Troy Bennet!

Troy is a NYC Detective with controlling and possessive tendencies and a filthy, dirty-talkin' mouth.
But Prince Charming disappeared as soon as they made it to the bedroom.
He'd tried once or twice in the past to be the guy who whispered sweet nothings into a girl's ear when she came, but he'd never been able to keep up the facade. He'd rather be explaining in very explicit terms how and where he planned to take her next.

After reading and absolutely loving Protec
Susanne

Another hit by Tessa Bailey! 5 blazing stars!
"So, blue eyes. Why don't you stop staring and buy me a drink? I don't want to dehydrate before you work up the nerve."
"Ask nicely, and I'll think about it."
Say hello to Ruby and Troy! They have blazing chemistry. This book is around 150 pages. It is not some deep story. But it is H.O.T and Pure Wonderful Escapism.

Troy is a cop who just transferred from Chicago to New York. He is out with his friends when Ruby walks in. She is a professional pool h
Ally
Mar 30, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Good lord, this was boring

I mean 74% in to the book and I am all

kill me now

Jaysus. Instalove it fine if it's a book centered on a relationship. In those cases, we find out more about the characters and can understand (sorta) their instabusiness. But when one tries to combine instalove with a caper / drama / danger / wtfever, just ugh. Personal opinion, I know.

And lastly, the guy basically does things with a pool cue and all I can think, is who wants some nasty pool cue touched by goodness knows how many h
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
You know you're being hustled when the heroine pulls a pool stick out of her yoga bag! And the good part about it is that you like it and that's exactly what hooked Troy.

Troy as in, hot, sexy, tortured police detective from Chicago, who's here in New York for a fresh start. While he seems very easy going, he gives you hints that he is a different beast in the bedroom.

Ruby always gets what she wants even if she has to hustle it. Something calls to her about Troy and she goes after him with no ho
Jill
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Two out of two for Tessa Bailey!!
For such a short story His Risk to Take packs a punch with great characters, who have a great banter and a steamy sizzling connection.
Troy a ex Chicago cop has moved towns after the death of his partner. He runs into Ruby as she is hustling some money out of someone in a pool game. He has an instant desire for this woman, but little does he know that she is closer to a case he is working than he knows. To close for comfort.

I really enjoyed every single moment of
Crystal~BIG book addict~
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Troy, a hot, dirty talking detective

Ruby, a sexy pool hustler

These two together are so hot. Troy and his dirty mouth, yummy! All he wants to do is keep her out of trouble and safe. All she wants to do is help him to keep him safe. Can they figure it out and still be together? You will have to find out! Loved this book. It was a short, sexy read. Great job again Tessa Bailey!!

♥Trish♥
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tessa Bailey has to be one of my favorite authors. She has this talent of pairing uber hot alpha males with equally strong females flawlessly. They don't seem to "fight" each other. they just work and work well together.

Ruby is a pool hustler, Troy a detective. Unfortunately, he is after one of Ruby's old acquaintances. He begs Ruby to trust him and to keep herself safe. You know us damn strong females can't do that....

This truly is a great love story with some serious alpha male action.
Don't mi
Olga therebelreader
In short:
Hero 5/5 | Heroine 4/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 5/5 | Writing Style 4/5 | Steam 4/5 | Romance 4/5 | Angst-Suspense 4/5 | Darkness 1/5 | Humor 3/5 | Secondary Characters 4/5 | Drama-Conflict 4/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists 4/5 | Pacing Steady | Action 4/5
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Yum. Fun, fast, hot. That's about a you need to know. Tessa Bailey delivers on what I now see as her signature dirty-talking alpha male meets spunky independent girl story. I enjoyed every word.

Despite the fact that this was a novella, it wasn't a totally surface story, you got to know a bit of backstory on both Ruby and Troy. I DO wish it had been a full length novel, (because who wouldn't want more of all that yumminess) but I didn't feel cheated or rushed.

(view spoiler)
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*

Troy

"As long as you're with me, I don't want some punk thinking he has the right to touch your gorgeous face. If you want to be touched, you tell me where, and I'll take care of it. I'm the only on who touches you now, Ruby. ME."

Troy has moved from Chicago to make a new start. He's only been in New York for a week when he goes out with two guys from the force for a drink. They are joking around about women, but he's still grieving the loss of his partner so he's sorta just sitting ignoring th
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tessa Bailey Fans, Brazen
4 Dirty Talking... Wall Slamming Stars...
* * * * Spoiler Free
I read this and for some reason I cannot figure out why I didn't review this...Duh... Had everything I love.

I am here to alert you if you love hunky men... who say the naughtiest things...and then follows up on them... against the wall...

Then get your clicker clicking... for gosh sake...

You're still here...get going... Click Click..

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

photo banner_zpsb3ab83a0.jpg
Pam
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4, alpha, steamy-hawt
4 stars ***Review completed on 05.23.2013

A cop and a pool hustler; what are the odds??? Apparently it doesn’t matter if they turn you on beyond reason.
“Next time you bend over a table, I’m going to wrap all that hair around my fist and pull your head back. I want to watch your eyes glaze over when I fuck you into oblivion.”

Troy needs a distraction and this petite little hustler will do the trick, but the more he’s around her, the more his protective instinct kick in. Ruby doesn’t sleep a
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED

description

When reading this book, prepare for one hell of a ride! You can choose
- Have your boyfriend, husband, a man or a sextoy near you!
Or
- A cold shower
Because one thing is sure, Troy Benett won't leave you indifferent!!

It's my first book from Tessa Bailey and I didn't know her men were so sexy, controlling, demanding AND so in the dirty talk.

"Goddamit, you little tease. Stop licking at it and take it deep. Show me how much you missed me"

Those who knows me a little knows tha
Mo
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was about 30% into this when I realised that this was the same author who wrote Protecting What's His. I absolutely loved that book and knew I would be in for a treat with this one also. I was not mistaken. Loved it. Sassy heroine, tough hero. Hot sex, good banter between them. Hot sex – did I mention that – actually don’t think there was an over abundance of sex (sorry) but when it was there it was HOT. It is not part of a series which is great and can be read as a stand alone so get “one-cli ...more
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2013
3.75 STARS

Ok it took me 2 days to read this book because LIFE just got in my way. But this is a VERY short book. But I loved it. I loved Troy and loved Ruby. (I'm sure I could have read this in a few hours)

Just wished it was a bit longer. Feel there was much more to be told.

Look forward to the third book coming out.

*********************************************************
This is out this is out whoop whoop http://www.amazon.com/His-Risk-to-Tak...
Geri Reads
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another scorching hot read from Tessa Bailey. Whew! This is one hot book. Steam rolled off the pages and never lets up until the very end. The chemistry between Troy and Ruby are off the charts. My only complain about this one is it was too short. I wanted more! :DD
DKristin
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I give this one 3.5 stars. Troy was so hot. I liked their banter and again I say hottest scene with a pool stick. Ever. So this one definitely gets a thumbs up from me.
Paula

Troy Bennett is a homicide detective who just transferred jobs from Chicago PD to the New York PD. He needed a change after losing his partner in a raid that went terribly wrong. Feeling responsible and guilty for his partner’s death, he’s determined to never let someone he cares about get hurt or die on his watch again.

While hanging out in a bar one night with fellow NYPD officers celebrating his first week on the job, in walks a stunning woman who immediately captures his attention. Especiall
Cari Quinn
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I adored Protecting What's His and was lucky enough to get to read an early copy of His Risk to Take, which I enjoyed just as much. So. Freaking. Hot! Tessa Bailey's one of my new favorite authors and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

Why so short? Seriously?

A fast paced, hot, sexy read with headstrong pool hustler and a VERY bossy detective... Yum.. and YUM!

Anja
Jun 19, 2013 rated it liked it

Deserie williams
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars! Another great one! Troy and Ruby are perfect for each other. Loved them both!That Troy was a yummy Alpha:) On to next book!
Gemma
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

ARC provided by NetGallery for an honest review

I loved this book. It is such a good story for such a short read and is a lot more realistic than the previous book. It all takes place over a week however the connection felt completely natural. There is an instant chemistry and the two have easy banter and scorching sexual tension.

Troy is a police detective and Ruby is a pool hustler. The pair meet in a bar and after some playful banter and flirting go home together. Ruby skips out during
The Happy Housewi...: His Risk to Take (Line of Duty #2) 1 1 Apr 07, 2016 07:48AM
  • Lovers Unmasked (Come Undone, #3.5; McCade Brothers, #1.5; Line of Duty, #1.5)
  • His Southern Temptation (The Boys are Back in Town, #2)
  • Under the Covers (Maverick Montana, #2)
  • Skin in the Game (Play Action #1)
  • Wilde for Her (Wilde Security, #2)
  • Lover Undercover (McCade Brothers, #1)
  • Dream Nights with the CEO (Secret Desires, #1)
  • No Strings Attached (Falling for You, #1)
  • Uncommon Passion (Uncommon, #2)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • No Romance Required (Love Required, #3)
  • Femme Fatale (Hard Bodies, #1)
  • Losing Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #1)
  • Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2)
  • Mine to Keep (Mine, #2)

Line of Duty (5 books)
  • Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1)
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4)
  • Staking His Claim (Line of Duty, #5)
“He growled, equally exhilarated and annoyed by
the way she insisted on pushing him back. “I’m going to put you on your knees, Ruby. You’re going to hate how much you love it.”
33 likes
“I’m not capable of turning you down,” he said on a pained laugh, gaze devouring her breasts. “I’m going to take you to my bed and pleasure the fuck out of you. But the panties stay on. It’s nonnegotiable.”
Her entire system rebelled against his words. How could he touch her, kiss her like this, and refuse to take it all the way? It didn't make sense. Men didn't have that kind of willpower, did they? She certainly didn’t have that kind of willpower. “W-what? Is it too late to give a different answer about why I changed my mind?”
“Yes. But don’t worry, baby.” Before she could
register his intention, he’d swung her up into his arms.
“Even with your panties on, it’ll still be the best sex of your life.”
11 likes