Start by marking “2:20 (Timeless Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
2:20 (Timeless Trilogy, #1)

2:20

(Timeless Trilogy #1)

"Please," Simon says, his pause marked by his face drawing closer to mine. "You can't remember what time you're from, but trust me, you don't want to return there."

2:20 (Timeless Trilogy, Book One)

When a date to the high school dance goes terribly wrong, Julia learns that her past may not be what she thought. The mystery deepens when Simon shows up and claims that they sha
Published April 15th 2013 (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 2

Sa
Freebie?Check!A whole book with some answers unlike those 20 page episodes that end right when things get interesting?Check!Plot twists that I could NEVER have guessed?Check!A female lead who doubts herself, but is strong when she needs to be?Check!No love triangles?Check!Decent love interest?Check!No gigantic cliffhanger?Check!If you're into YA science fiction, then give it a go.
Katie
Apr 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review on my blog

I got recommended this trilogy by my boyfriend, who recently went on a cheap kindle binge (currently 99p on Amazon). As shallow as it may sound, I wouldn't generally pick up a box set on Amazon for 99p, because I would have thought it couldn't be that good if it's being sold, as a set, for such a low price. I was pleasantly surprised with this purchase from reading the first book, however.

The story is mysteriously suspenseful and you don't get to find out where Julia is truly fr
Karla
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The time travel aspect in this story was really interesting. I liked the small details and the way that we were introduced to the characters, not to mention how the clues that were given to Julia to figure out when in time she was from. I was glad that Julia and Simon stayed together in the end and Julia didn't die or lose her memories.
Amy
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for free for an honest review. This book was a great read. The suspense of what is going on pulls you in and keeps you hooked throughout the book. I recommend this book for teens and adult alike. I look forward to the next book in this series!
Deborah  Colgrove
Excellent story

I love the direction of this story. I love stories that tie into real life events. Can not wait to read more.
Anie
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
17 year old Julia's first memory, is appearing outside of the now foster home and nothing before that. She lives with her foster mother and foster sister. They are both really nice to her and she has quite a nice life. It's rare to find good family dynamic in ya book.

Anyhow, she wakes up from the same nightmare every night at 2:20.

She has lived at this home for about a year and is asked by popular guy to a school dance. That is where all goes wrong. She learns that she is somehow in a wrong tim
☽ lana ☾
I stumbled across this when I was roaming Amazon for free books. I think it ended up being about 95c and I was bored so I thought why not?

Well, am I freaking glad I clicked this book? Hell yes.

I haven't read many time-travelling books but this has inspired me to read more historical and time-travelling books. Now, don't get me wrong, this book is set in the modern day times but it has a historical link that blew my mind away in one of the many, epic plot twists.

17-year old Julia, can't remembe
Antara
Rating: 3.5/5
"It's always 2:20 when I wake up dead."
Review:
I enjoyed the book quite a bit. This reminded me a lot of TimeRiders by Alex Scarrow - concept wise at least. The setting was nearly the same, but this was a very different take on it.
In 2:20 we are introduced to the concept of the Timeless. They're people chosen by 'Time' (Time is seen as this mysterious entity throughout the book) to make sure that nobody tampers with any events in the past.

The book's extremely slow in the beginning
May 07, 2013 rated it liked it
(Source: I received a digital copy of this story for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Holly Hook.)
16-year-old Julia has a recurring nightmare. In the dream she’s falling, and there’s a boy by her side. The boy calls out her name, and then she hits something and wakes up. Every time she wakes from the dream it’s 2:20 am, and she doesn’t understand why she always wakes at this time.

After her date for the spring formal tries to attack her and she escapes, Julia meets a boy called Si
Rylie
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m very much in to time travel and YA, so I knew this was going to be an enjoyable read. And, I was right.
The novel dragged a little in the beginning, but the second half of the book completely made up for that.
Julia wakes up, outside, on a porch, unsure of where she is or how she got there. As she looks down at her watch, a strange kind of watch for her, she notes the time. So begins this novel of action, immortal beings, time travel, and some really well put together history, once you realize
Maria
2:20 is the first book in the Timeless trilogy. The story follows Julia as she experiences nightmares of her death at 2:20 am. She tries to figure out the meaning behind it. She gathers a few clues during the school dance at the beginning of the book – realizing there are people called the Timeless that are trying to put her back into her past or rather her nightmare and death. She meets a new student at her school named Simon, who tries to help her figure out her past. Can she figure out her pa ...more
Sheila
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julia is invited to the Spring Formal by Frank. She’s surprised that Frank is not asking one of the Snob Squad. When she discovers that Frank has secrets she is no longer surprised but frightened in Holly A. Hook‘s 2:20, book 1 of The Timeless Trilogy. Simon rescues her and she realizes he is like Frank. Julia trusts Simon though she does not know why. Simon has secrets he cannot share with Julia even if he wants. Simon helps Julia unravel her nightmare. When she realizes what it means she knows ...more
Tarynn Kerr
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
2:20 was awesome from page 1. The mystery of where—or rather when—Julia comes from kept me glued to the page. Once that’s revealed, it’s game on to try and change her fate. I’m impressed with any author that can take on something as complicated as time travel and have it make sense in the end. Holly Hook did so wonderfully. I still don’t know exactly how it’s all going to play out without completely changing the history books, but I’m excited to see.

Julia is a great heroine. Since no one can tel
Tianna Holley
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2:20 is the first book in the Timeless Trilogy, written by Holly Hook. At the time of this review, it’s free for your Kindle. It’s a young adult read, with Julia, the main character, being seventeen years old, and a lot of the scenes take place at the school.
I really enjoyed this fantasy novel and plan to read the rest of the series. Although it deals with time travel, it has nothing to do with machines. Time is more like an entity that pulls certain people to become immortal Timeless ones. It’s
Bri
When Julia showed up at her foster mother's house at 2:20 in the morning, she had no idea who she was or where she came from. Now, almost a year later she is going on a date with the most popular guy in school, Frank. When he tries to kill her and reveals that he is a timekeeper sent to bring her back to her real time, she runs. The next day she meets Simon, another Timekeeper that seems familiar to her. She realizes that they use to be in love and she would do anything to get him back, but he i ...more
Maria
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was actually quite a lovely evening read. I went into it not having the highest of hopes simply because the overview of the book didn't seem to exciting and actually made me worry the plot was a little too tricky to pull off well. I admit it, I was wrong the author did an amazing job.

(view spoiler)
Kirsty
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

Julia can’t remember any of her past when she is left on the doorstep of her foster family, Nancy and Monica. All she remembers is screaming and a boy in her nightmares, which wakes her up at 2:20am. The boy in her nightmares turns up at her school one day. Is he the key to Julia remembering her past? Is he the key in her surviving what she finds out? This book will ask and answer both those questions.

I really enjoyed this book. I
Tywyll
Apr 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arr
2:20 had a interesting premise. However the execution was slightly lacking. The beginning was a bit dull, but things did pick up after the halfway point. Julia's interaction with the characters was odd. She believed Frank & Isabella too quickly to be realistic. As for Simon, she trusted him and felt way more comfortable around him than an acquaintance should, even to the point of kissing. I understand why, but at that point, she didn't have her memories back, so that scene could have waited, ...more
Anne
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a free copy of 2:20 for an honest review. Julia is brought to her new foster home. Nancy and Monica live there. She doesn't remember her past, so Nancy allows her to read her file. Julia came through a rift in time, installing of dying when she should have. Time says these people have to be returned to the time they came from and let there life play out as it was meant to end. Frank and Isobel have been sent by Time to send Julia back. Simon looks familiar and she soon realizes he wa ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Julia has frightening nightmare every night waking up at exactly 2:20 A.M. and usually unable to go to sleep afterwards. Julia doesn't know what these nightmares mean but if she doesn't get some sleep soon she's going to go crazy. Julia's date for The Spring Formal is acting strange and unsure why. Frank and Isabel together attempt to return Julia to her own time but Julia escapes them. Frank and Isabel are members of Timeless sent to retrieve people in the wrong time like Julia. Simon appears t ...more
Johanna Sawyer
May 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
Mediocre beginning, and Just as confusing. I'm used to fast reads, and while the author really had a good idea, it just didn't have enough information forthcoming to make sense. The characters were sloppily added, and some of the idea's just didn't flow for me. I think the author will have an EXCELLENT book, if she'd just fix a few things. Make the timeline a bit better instead of throwing characters in whenever your plot goes dead, and you need a revival. I love the idea of 2:20 also and the be ...more
Liza
May 01, 2013 rated it liked it
I can't wait for the rest of the trilogy! When I figured out what the 2:20 stood for I couldn't believe it. That is when the book really took off for me.

Julia had a bad childhood where she was forced to take care of her alcoholic mother. She ends up living with a foster mom. Around the time of her first anniversary with Nancy, weird things start to happen. She has the same nightmare each night and wakes at 2:20am each morning.

Slowly she starts to remember her past. She is help a little by the ma
Nicole
Nov 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2:20 is the first in the Timeless Trilogy by Holly Hook. It's a YA read consisting of time travel, action, intrigue, espionage, plot twists and romance, with some tugging on heart strings.
Time travel is not normally a genre I delve into, however, I am glad that I picked this story up to read.
I do have to admit that I struggled with the style of writing to begin with, I felt it read more like a diary in places, some of the scenes felt a bit flat and there was a bit of unnecessary repetition in pl
Wendy Rinebold
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very well done. Its a very unique story and although romance and love are themes, they are not the focus. I loved the moment I realized what was happening and I gasped. I enjoyed the relationship of the characters and how very sweet Simon was. The last quarter of the book was nail biting and I couldn't put it down. I am really looking forward to reading the next book.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Chasity Nicole
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this novel and can't wait to read the next in the series to find out what happens. This novel kept me on my toes and each new page posed a new twist that I wasn't expecting, which was amazing. And 2:20 was told in a manner that kept you engaged and left you aching for more of the story.

Holly Hook is a brilliant writer and I can't wait to read more of her novels, and more of the Timeless series.
Teri
Melonie
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Book! Loved the characters the way the story unfolds. I don't want to spoil anything as the story unfolds, but I have always been fascinated with this event in history!!!!
Can't wait to read 11:39! Once you understand what 2:20 is then 11:39 gives you a taste of what the next one will be about!!!
Teri
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Book one in this series has more twist and turns than you can throw a rock at but it works. Holly is the queen of twist as she takes you on this time travel mind boggling adventure. Time, Love, Family and loss of memory make this journey memorable. Can't wait to see what adventures are next for these two as they seek to outdo time!
Christina Bowling
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a very interesting, fast paced book that I really enjoyed. I liked both Julia and Simon, and seeing how they dealt with the situations they found themselves in.
Amy
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great story. Loved this historical tie in. Good drama to get to the historical tie in.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 12, 2016 10:12AM
  • Keeper, part 1 (Hidden Bloodlines #1)
  • Reborn (The Awakening Series, #1)
  • Silevethiel (The Vaelinel Trilogy, #1)
  • Flashback (Saskia Brandt, #2)
  • Shifting Selves (Elements, #2)
  • Tethered Twins
  • A Beauty So Beastly (Beastly #1)
  • The Song and the Sorceress
  • The Goddess's Choice (Kronicles of Korthlundia, #1)
  • Chameleon: The Awakening (Book 1 of The Forest People)
  • Contributor (Contributor, #1)
  • Magic Unbound (Fae Unbound #1)
  • A Story of River
  • The Ghost of Sherwood
  • Pale Phoenix
  • Angel on the Ropes
  • Blaze of Secrets (Asylums for Magical Threats, #1)
  • Tamed
Holly Hook is the author of the Destroyers Series, which consists of five young adult books about teens who are walking disasters...literally. She is also the author of the Rita Morse series, a young adult fantasy series still in progress, and After These Messages, a short ya comedy. Currently she is writing Twisted, a spin-off of the Destroyers Series due out in December. When not writing, she en ...more

Timeless Trilogy (3 books)
  • 11:39 (Timeless Trilogy, #2)
  • 1500 (Timeless Trilogy, #3)
“warning that something was wrong. Rogue.” 0 likes