Start by marking “Shadow's End (Light & Shadow, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadow's End (Light & Shadow, #3)

Shadow's End

(Light & Shadow #3)

At last, Catwin and Miriel have chosen their own path, escaping the Court and its machinations, and fleeing to the Norstrung Provinces, to aid the rebellion. As they shed the masks and deceptions of their former life, however, both must face the fact that the same dark forces they fled are at work even in the furthest reaches of Heddred.

But it is not only avarice and hatr
Paperback, 1, 217 pages
Published April 9th 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Shadow's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow's End

Andrea Anastos
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book of an excellent first trilogy by a new writer in the Fantasy genre. Each book has built on the previous volume, taking both characters and plot to new levels of complexity and realism. Catwin and Miriel (who share the role of protagonists) develop authentically from insecure young teens to strong young women. The first two books Shadowborn (Light & Shadow) (Volume 1) and Shadowforged (Light & Shadow) introduce them (and the reader) to the profoundly unsettling dang ...more
Claire
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who like mystery, prophecies, medieval fantasy
Recommended to Claire by: saw posting in local coffee shop about local indie author
I just finished reading Shadow's End by Moira Katson. It is a well-rounded conclusion to the trilogy in which "ah-ha" moments are to be relished!

The book picks up where Shadowforged left off: Catwin and Miriel escape the Duke and retreat to the countryside inspiring lay folk into rebellion. Upon returning to court each encounters changes they did not expect. Relationships are challenged and the girls discover that again they are each others' most reliable companion.

Again, questions from the text
Kayla
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome ending to the Light & Shadow trilogy. Moira Katson is definitely an author to watch for!

Starting this trilogy, I would have never imagined that I would become as invested in the story and as attached to the characters as I have. The story was perfectly crafted and the characters had a depth that I haven’t seen in a long while.

If you haven’t started this trilogy, do yourself a favor and pick up the first book (it’s even free!).
Raymond Koonce
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading Moira Katson's Light & Shadow trilogy and must say I haven't enjoyed myself as much since reading Stephen King's "The Stand" many years ago. The characters are well drawn and have a depth that is hard to find these days. The plot is as rich as the characters and draws you on, page after page. I highly recommend this to anyone who loves a good read. It is that rare form of book that has only one major flaw - it comes to an end.
Marie
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I'll admit it, the first book in this series was free on amazon and that's the only reason I started this series, but I'm glad I did. It was a fun run and worth the read. This series was good, even if it didn't end the way I expected.
Tria
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come later. Lots of typos and missing words in this ebook copy though - that is what lost the fifth star.
Veronica
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Entrancing

Moira continues to tell Catwin & Miriel's tale with skill. There are some very big surprises and plot twists. I enjoyed seeing them grow and mature, and even though there is much sadness and darkness; there is also joy, hope, and light. I was very happy to see this isn't a trilogy, but that I can continue with Shadow's Oath.
Oshun
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
This was the first book I have read in a long while that was not written by a big name writer in either fantasy or historical fiction that I found readable on the level of pure personal enjoyment. I was able to turn off my editor and just relax and enjoy it. The book is well-written and the characters are interesting. I liked that the style is not at all minimalist, but neither is it lush to the degree that it caused me second-hand embarrassment.

If I could have changed the book in any way, or if
S.L. Saboviec
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-a-kobo-copy, 2014
I was impressed by this series, the Light and Shadow trilogy, which was another one of my fabulous Bookbub bargains. (Er, by the way, since I talk about them so much, one might wonder if I’m affiliated, but I’m not. Though I’ve acquired enough $0.99 and free books from them, I should probably take out stock.)

This is both a fascinating character-driven and an interesting plot-driven story, wrapped in an engrossing fantasy world. Catwin, the main character, comes from a poor family, and until she’
Raquel
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This series is one of the best I've read all year and Shadow's End was an excellent closer to the trilogy.

I so enjoyed the evolution of the two main characters in this series and the way their relationship to each other changed along the way as well.

The plot progression remained wonderfully well told trough to the end. Many loose ends were wrapped up and questions answered. I was not left with any "but what about"s. I also respected that the end showing you the hope for the future is not predict
Chichiohh
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I shan't include any spoilers but, instead, speak to the strength of the author's writing. Over the three books, she developed and extensive network of intrigue and schemes. The character development was top-notch and the plot moved along in such a way that by the end of book two, I'd begun to see the skeins of the web that Catwin and Miriel were in...by a tenth of the way into the third book, I was certain of where the betrayal would come from and could only watch horrified as Catwin moved in t ...more
Freethings Forme
This book did not end as I thought it might, but i still enjoyed the read. Learning that the Duke was actually a King in a different country by marriage really made me dislike him even more. All because of his ambitions, the lives of so many people were ruined. I'm just glad that Catwin and Miriel managed to escape his clutches. Perhaps badly bruised and deeply scarred but definitely not broken or defeated.
Tim Lumsden
3 STARS!!! I really had trouble with the beginning, but it got better

All in all I liked this trilogy, but I never really liked the pace of the story. Also, the beginning of this book wasn't believable, so that made it more difficult. Characters of Katwin and Miriel were good and well developed. Never really got Roine character or the prophecy. A lot of court intrigue which was good in some respects, confusing in others. Ok read, not spectacular. Happy Reading!
Tim
Willow H. Wood
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, fantasy
I'm so deeply moved I can hardly bear facing the real world. What a perfect ending. What a painful, desperate, heartbreaking journey. I almost want to start rereading this series from the beginning this very second, but I'll resist...let the enormity of it all sink in. Two heroines I'll never forget, so deeply developed, and will draw much inspiration from in many ways.
Michelle
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michelle
Unexpected ending

I liked this trilogy: the characters and the plot. I was surprised by the ending. It resolved all the questions that had been piling up throughout the books, but it wasn't a very satisfying ending because it was so sad. But I guess you can't always get a happy ending.
Deborah Lewitt
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
the perfect finish to the series. It couldn't have ended any other way. I almost wanted to start over at the beginning again right away, just to see what I missed. everything was as I expected but also surprising. well worth the read. clean and not too mushie. well done Miss Katson.
Brittany Westerberg
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There were some problems with the ebook formatting on this one, enough that I would prefer to give it 4.5 stars, but it was a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. I didn't expect from the first book how it would exactly end, though I did guess who would betray her and how the romance would end.
Chartreuse
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not like the average fantasy novel: if you're into dragons and spells and big battles, this might not be the book for you. Catwin is not the typical brave heroine, but it made her all the more likeable.
Beth
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Third in the series telling about the girls and their continuing life, in this one they help stop the war and draft a treaty to help the "peons". They still haven't found happiness but they are still alive and moving forward.
Diana
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really interesting series, loved the story and the characters. There was too much detail about the families and the conduct of all the nobles in parts but overall I was really engaged throughout the series. The plot twists were unexpected and the characterization was good.
Nicole
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: just-ok
1st - I received this book in return for my review

2nd - This is the book I was waiting for! Of all 3 - this is the one that finally shows what the writer can do! The characters are well developed and the story finally goes somewhere! Glad it wrapped up and pleased with the ending.
Oy Geeringh
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Excellent! Totally Enjoyable. You know it's a good book when you cried along with the story.
Lexie
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I did cry, though given the nature of things that's not surprising. So fitting in all ways.
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finally! Everything finally came together. There are twists in the end, but there is also hope! I began this series just barely interested, but in th end, had a difficult time putting it Dow.
Trisha
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
I like happy endings.
pamela luis
This was not a bad historical fantasy but I want more meat to a read. Guess I am spoiled by robin hobb and guy Gabriel Kay. Waiting for more books from them.
Ron
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome series with a perfect ending!
Albert
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Moira's character building and story telling. A great first trilogy, I hope to see more from her.
Jilly
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well written enough to make me sad and happy at the end.

• The Weeping Empress
  • The Aetherfae  (Weald Fae Journals #3)
  • Shadowed By Wings (Dragon Temple Saga, #2)
  • Royal Destiny (Queen of the Orcs, #3)
  • Cobweb Empire (Cobweb Bride Trilogy, #2)
  • The Devil Is a Gentleman (Niki Slobodian, #2)
  • Vampire Elite (Vampire Elite, #1)
  • How The Warrior Fell (Falling Warriors, #1)
  • Warp World
  • The Sorcerer's Legacy (The Sorcerer's Path, #3)
  • Dissension: the Second Act of Penance (Three Acts of Penance, #2)
  • The Last Kings Amulet
  • Lord Ruin (The Sinclair Sisters, #1)
  • Carousel Seas (Archers Beach, #3)
  • Paying for His Mistakes
  • True Grime (True Grime, #1)
  • Aggie Lichen: Pilp Collector (Aggie Lichen: Pilp Collector, #1)
  • The Bagman (The Abigail Cobble Trilogy, #1)
I am a transplant to the frozen wastes of the midwest, learning to love fried food on a stick, hot dish, and the winters. Having recently bought a house, I am also learning everything from how to wire chandeliers to how best to paint a room. (Also, I spend too much time at Menard's.)

I have been writing since I was old enough to read, and I write on every scrap of paper I can get my hands on. In th

Light & Shadow (3 books)
  • Shadowborn (Light & Shadow, #1)
  • Shadowforged (Light & Shadow, #2)
“I know a lie when I see one, Catwin—even from you, now. I didn’t once, you know. I thought you incapable of lying to me; I was wrong. You didn’t know how big a mistake you made, when you deceived me for Miriel’s little charade. Because until I discovered your lies, I did not know what it was that I was seeing in you. Now, I do. I know when you lie to me, and I will find out your secrets.” 1 likes