Start by marking “Get Rich, Lucky Bitch: Release Your Money Blocks and Live a First Class Life” as Want to Read:
Get Rich, Lucky Bitch: Release Your Money Blocks and Live a First Class Life

Get Rich, Lucky Bitch: Release Your Money Blocks and Live a First Class Life

Are you ready to break through your money blocks and finally make the money you deserve? In Get Rich, Lucky Bitch, you'll unlock your hidden potential for abundance and upgrade your life forever.

Why do most women settle for pennies instead of embracing true wealth? It's not because you're not smart or ambitious enough. You've just been programmed to block your Universal r
Kindle Edition
Published March 10th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Get Rich, Lucky Bitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Rich, Lucky Bitch

Start your review of Get Rich, Lucky Bitch: Release Your Money Blocks and Live a First Class Life
Morgan
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ok so apart from the apparent lack of editor, this book actually managed to *help* me. So shocking from a self-help book about money.

Usually all I would think those are good for is *helping* me relieve stress as I chuck them as far as I can and listen for the satisfying THUNK.

I have a plethora of issues surrounding money. Not in keeping it/saving/not spending more than I have, but in always waiting for the other shoe to drop and me to not have enough of it for some necessity or another.

I starte
Janet
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am skeptical of Law of Attraction theories, but I've had some good results with this book -- especially in the area of clearing past negative emotions, memories, and associations with money which can sabotage my present affluence.

Denise is a fun and sassy guide to doing the inner work necessary to develop a positive, loving relationship with money -- and did I mention I'm already seeing results?

To be clear: this is not a book that will tell you how to invest, or how to evaluate financial pro
Will Hunt
This book is aimed at women but I'm a dude and I loved this book. This is the easiest to understand and funniest money book I've read. I highly recommend this. ...more
Debbie Herbert
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Game changer

I loved the principles in this book and the engaging style of the author. Her philosophy of "throw everything at it" was inspiring.

Molly
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books
Good things: while the overall content is somewhat simplistic, I had some breakthrough moments recognizing how I have never allowed myself to entertain the notion of being "wealthy" vs having "enough" and how that has limited me. The self-limiting money beliefs/blocks I hold came pouring in when I read that section and I would have said before reading that I didn't really have any.

Bad things: can't stand the "lucky bitch" tag and constantly "bitch" use. I don't find it cute or appealing. Big tu
Caroline Mitchell
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
I'm a firm believer in the law of attraction so this was right up my street. I listened to it on audiobook and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love Denise's positive attitude and her no-nonsense attitude to live. Inspirational stuff. ...more
Alyssa
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I felt a little ridiculous when I first sat down to read this book. Surely it was just a get-rich-quick scheme and I would be smarter to go take a class or find more clients. But no! While I can't speak to the effects of following Denise's plan (I only read it today, give me a break), I do know that her approach to money makes so much more sense. I've recognized mental blocks I have around money, and even if I never make a dime following the method, I'll have reduced my stress around f ...more
Donna Louise
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
VERY empowering. Loved the way that Denise could totally relate to lots of thoughts and feelings we all hold about money. Learnt so much about my own money blocks - more than I realised! Made me consider my own worth a lot both in terms of money and energy. Love Denise’s tone of voice - could read her writing all day, everyday!
Heather Myers
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Denise is bubbly but real in this book. I feel like I’m talking to my best friend. It’s a great read. Every entrepreneur should own this book!
Astrid Paramita
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So it’s another self-help/law of attraction book. But what makes it slightly different is that it comes with examples and steps to actually do something instead of just wishing for it.
Will it work? That remains to be seen. I just quickly read through the book and plan to re-read while doing the exercises.

What’s great about it: Denise sounds very honest and real in this book, and the story she shared about her struggles help to set that frame of mind that we didn’t have to do it right the first t
Lindsay
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
I listened to the audio version which you can find for free at her website. It's similar to her first book and a nice introduction for those who want to get started with their finances. My biggest aha was her mindset in general. The way she talks and thinks about money. For those who have read similar books, this won't offer anything new. ...more
Cynthia
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of words. Not much content. This could have been condensed to about 20 pages. That said, those 20 pages would contain a few helpful tips.
Kory Woodard Nobes
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Happy I finally checked this book out. I had followed Denise for a while online, but I ended up unsubscribing from her list for one reason or another. I've never read a book about money or finances, so I can't compare this in that sense, but this was a pretty good book for what its topic is. I really enjoyed that Denise was so open about her own money goals and her own issues with money. I also really appreciated the success stories throughout the book.

I didn't walk through the book doing every
Aprisa
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frank & practical

I like how Denise is so frank in her writing. What she wrote in the book agrees with coaches I have listened to lately (Christie Sheldon - abundance coach, Sarah Prout - manifesting coach) and my hypnotherapist. The tips she gave seem like “not a rocket science” (spoiler: she doesn’t tell you where to invest your money, how much, or what to do with your business or current job) and sounds like “Really? Only mindset shift?”. I think the whole ideas originated with Laws of Attract
Kitty
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a really fun book. I don't usually describe non-fiction as fun, but this author is just really easy to relate to. I really liked her advice, too. She's not one of those people who chants "my way is the only right way". Instead, she suggests "throwing everything at it". Try ALL the techniques - everything works if you truly apply it. It's a wonderful, motivating book. Am I rich yet? Well, sort of. She's helped me realize just how blessed I am. And as I follow all of her suggestions, I ex ...more
Sophie-Leigh Robbins
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has changed my life, and it came at the exact right time (not a coincidence at all). Denise is so honest and if you follow her exercises you will be able to change your mindset and see real change. Now, it takes work and by work I mean you will have to take a long and hard look at yourself and change your limiting behaviors. If you are already on a spiritual path, these exercises will really click for you.
Jessica Tefenkgi Ruelle
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Denise, as any good coach, provides us with crucial elements that we need: 1) more than a dream, a vision for yourself 2) an action plan to actually make it happen. We all have money blockages and our mindset is the first thing to work on. I loved the conversational tone of this book, that actually put me in motion towards my own (new) dreams. A book I will continue working with and re-reading on my path to financial success.
Sarah Clark
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've recommended this book to so many people and I love it. It's empowering, upbeat and a li'l bit sweary, but even just doing a couple of the exercises in the book has given me the kick up the backside I needed to publish my own book and it's been a great way to watch manifesting in action for a sceptic.

A real "I can do this" book.
Brigid Gallagher
Although I am not a fan of the word "bitch," this book is an excellent motivational tool, based on the "Law of Attraction."
Denise is straight talking, inspiring and writes in an easy to read and humorous style.
Although I have read many motivational books in the past, this book inspired me to write down a fairly lengthy and comprehensive action plan for an abundant New Year.
Nikki Shields
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is so inspiring! I love how she gently helps readers to upgrade their mindset around money. The exercises are powerful. I've learned a lot of techniques that I'm keeping as part of my daily practices. I very highly recommend it. ...more
Cara
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Cara by: Renee
Shelves: life, inspiration, money
This book is like an fun, applied version of Think and Grow Rich. I should probably start right over and read it again.
Sanja
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I read this book because I wanted an opinion around money blocks. Mine are severe, which has everything to do with my background. I've been feeling powerless around circumstances imposed on me and I desperately needed a guide on how to fight that particular mindset of victimization.

This book is really well written, in a super friendly, non-judgmental way. Above all, Denise's tenderness and wish for every woman to succeed really comes through. I was in need of such a compassion and empowerment.
Liv Pasquarelli
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to me by someone I respect, so I gave it a try even tho it seemed a little bit hokey.
To say I was pleasantly surprised was an understatement. I’ve never had issues earning money, but I sure have issues holding on to it. There were so many “money blocks” I had no idea I had.
My mother taught me to lie to my father about the cost of things from a young age because he would get angry and yell if we spent too much money, even on clothes and school supplies.
When I was a bit
Linda
Jun 08, 2020 rated it liked it
It’s really more like 3.5 stars. The first few chapters are a little repetitive but the strategies (learned later) are mostly simple and logical. It’s a little bit of a trap — and the language about the Universe “testing” you had a preachy cult/religion vibe to it — so if it fails to work for you then the simple response is because you just didn’t *believe* enough, like magic. All of that said, I had just started with Step 1 when more money seemed to come my way, some of it that had been pending ...more
Susan
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I never really felt like I had any money blocks. Who wouldn't want to have more money?

But so many people recommended this book that I had to read it. And I'm SO glad I did.

Denise has such a conversational style of writing that reading this book is like having a deep discussion with a really close friend.

Time and time again, she urges you to think about your relationship with money. We unconsciously pick up ideas about money from our family, our close friends and society as a whole.

The good news
Lyem
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Though it seemed initially like another woo-woo book about using the Law of Attraction, I was impressed by how Denise broke the process down into practical steps (that are actually useful). There's a lot of great advice in here about how to avoid self-sabotage and being mentally ready to achieve your goals, and this is one of the better books I've read on the topic. My only criticism is how often the author plugs her self-help seminars - though I suppose that's her own way of using the advice sh ...more
Rosie Finch
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone searching for answers around money
A very inspiring read and has definitely put me in a more positive mindset about money. Denise's energy and down-to-earth tone is very refreshing and makes her writing very accessible. You feel like she really cares about your journey and you achieving your money goals.

One of my biggest criticisms is the lack of editing. Maybe this has been updated in later editions of the book but there are a few spelling errors. For example, 'bed' instead of 'be', was one that I noticed.

However, overall a g
Jackie
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm like 25 pages away from finishing this book. I gotta admit the cover looks a little cheesy. But I kept reading the book and wow if you're an entrepreneur and you struggle with sales or why you aren't generating the revenue you desire, this book will expand your mind to see that yes you deserve to charge premium prices for your services. So many money mindset blocks are being knocked down. I have a few sales call next week and instead of dreading them I am so very much looking forward to them ...more
Liz
Oct 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Down sides - obviously self published with poor editing in places.
Often messy chapters that can be repetitive, lack focus and substance.
Subject matter that can be intensely “woo woo” as opposed to science backed actionable steps.

What she gets right- entertaining, thoughtful quotes, reiteration of steps and summarizing points.

Somehow the messy chapters create a cohesive text helping you to ask the Universe to deliver you wealth. And I have to say the saving grace is in the results I got along the
Nikki Soulsby
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Think Classy

Denise challenged me to treat myself better, to believe I deserve more, to deal with my issues, and to make it happen. Her spin on how to manifest money is practical, encouraging, and fun. Her writing is delightful, like talking with a girlfriend. You leave this conversation feeling like “yeah, I can do better and it’s going to be great”. I loved Lucky Bitch too and will read her next book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Chillpreneur: How to Run a Wildly Successful Business Without Losing Your Mind (or Your Money!)
  • The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level
  • Rich As F*ck: More Money Than You Know What to Do With
  • She Means Business: Turn Your Ideas into Reality and Become a Wildly Successful Entrepreneur
  • Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
  • Everything is Figureoutable
  • Dollars Flow To Me Easily
  • Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine
  • The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith
  • Just F*cking Do It: Stop Playing Small. Transform Your Life.
  • The Middle Finger Project: Trash Your Imposter Syndrome and Live the Unf*ckwithable Life You Deserve
  • Fear Is Not the Boss of You: How to Get Out of Your Head and Live the Life You Were Made For
  • May Cause Miracles: A 40-Day Guidebook of Subtle Shifts for Radical Change and Unlimited Happiness
  • Conscious Luck: Eight Secrets to Intentionally Change Your Fortune
  • Do Less: The Unexpected Strategy for Women to Get More of What They Want in Work and Life
  • Playing Big: Find Your Voice, Your Mission, Your Message
  • How To Be Wildly Wealthy FAST: A Powerful Guide For Women To Attract Unlimited Abundance Today!
Denise Duffield-Thomas is a life coach and author of the book 'Lucky Bitch'.

Denise inspires female entrepreneurs to create outrageous success in their personal and professional lives.

Find out more at www.deniseduffieldthomas.com

News & Interviews

“Whoever said money can’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop.” Gertrude Stein” 2 likes
“Chances are that you already hit it and didn’t even realize, which makes you seem incredibly ungrateful to the Universe.” 2 likes