Start by marking “The Battle for Princess Madeline” as Want to Read:
The Battle for Princess Madeline

The Battle for Princess Madeline

(Princess Madeline #2)

The Kingdom of Soron bustled with activity as preparations for the Fall Festival began. Lively merchants, hardworking farmers, and musicians eagerly awaited this event of harvest and joy. This year’s festival was even more important, as they celebrated Princess Madeline’s betrothal to her knight champion, Daniel.

Celebration quickly turns to disaster as Prince Paulsen retu
Published May 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Battle for Princess Madeline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Battle for Princess Madeline

Mrs. D.
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Princess and knight, dragons and wizards, battles and danger—another intriguing story about the courageous Princess Madeline and her new adventures!

A few months ago, I had the privilege to read The Escape of Princess Madeline by Kirstin Pulioff. Her first book was full of the delightful dreams of a young inexperienced princess searching for happiness and love. Since that time, Madeline has grown into a confident young woman ready to take destiny into her own hands. In this second book, The Battl
Melanie
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The fun continues!! Princess Madeline is back home now and she and her father have made some compromises and are getting along well. She is engaged to Daniel and learning how to be Queen one day. Preparations are under way for the Fall Festival. Prince Paulsen approaches the King and tells him he's come to claim Princess Madeline for his wife. The King reminds him that their deal was that he needed to bring her home safely himself and since he didn't do that, he doesn't get to marry her. Prince ...more
Leigha Craig
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I picked up the Battle for Princess Madeline by Kirstin Pulioff I wasn’t sure what to expect. To me, fairytales are best when they are either sweet little stories to tell my three year old or off colour satires.

Scenario number 1: The Disney Love Story

Prince Whathisface needs a wife. Sweet young SoandSo is the adolescent male's ideal: barely nubile at 16 years old, sweetly stupid, gorgeous, etc. and she just happens to be single. HORRORS! SHE MUST FIND A HUSBAND, PRONTO! Before we know it,
Renee
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Once I read the first book, I absolutely had to read the second! The second book of the Princess Madeline Trilogy, The Battle for Princess Madeline, continues where the first book left off. The tension builds as more is revealed of the past and the wizards return to the castle. Princess Madeline is looking forward to her upcoming nuptials with her Champion knight Daniel, but Prince Paulsen lays claim to her and will stop at nothing to make her his wife. He and some rather unsavory characters hol ...more
Kirstin Pulioff
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the next adventure in the Princess Madeline series. Follow Princess Madeline as she learns the meaning of bravery, and learns to trust in herself.

A middle grade fantasy adventure, targeted for the upper middle grade/tween audience, with aspects of fantasy and fun for the whole family.
Emily
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, yamg
The Battle For Princess Madeline is the exciting, fast-paced sequel brimmed with adventure!

We start off from where we left off in the Escape of Princess Madeline, where preparations for the joyous wedding of Princess Madeline to Knight Daniel are on the go. Everyone is full of anticipation, and excitement is in the air. Unfortunately, not everyone is thrilled about this union. Prince Paulsen is back. And he wants to claim back Princess Madeline.

In this novel, we see the twisted side to self-ent
Dianne
Fairy tales are filled with knights and princesses and castles and a special magical feel that takes the reader far, far, away into another world, another place, another time. The Battle for Princess Madeline fits the bill to a tee! Author Kirstin Pulioff has created a special feel to the tale of Princess Madeline with her own special talent for using words to paint pictures in our minds. Princess Madeline, a strong young woman with a high sense of right and wrong is getting ready to celebrate h ...more
Fiona Ingram
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In book two of the Princess Madeline series we’re back in the Kingdom of Soron, in the midst of the Fall Festival. Apart from the fun and activity of this festive event, there is a special significance: Princess Madeline’s betrothal to her Champion Knight Daniel, who saved her during her previous escapade. Princess Madeline is starting to grow up as well, and apart from making her tutor’s life a misery with her questions, is taking a great interest in the kinds of things necessary for running a ...more
Millie Burns
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Have you been to the Kingdom of Soron yet? I have, and I met King Theodore and his twin children, Prince Braden and Princess Madeline. I met the Knight Daniel who won the Princess' heart and Elias her wizard uncle in his brilliant green robes who returns from exile to teach her the ways of magic. What a delightful adventure I found between the pages of The Battle for Princess Madeline.

This book is written for middle grade students and I think the author hit the mark, with just the right amount o
Lauralee
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, fantasy, royalty
The Battle for Princess Madeline is the sequel to The Princess Madeline trilogy. Madeline is happily engaged to her Daniel. Her father gives her a new place where the engaged couple can build a new home. However, her happiness soon changes when Prince Paulsen, one of Madeline’s rejected suitors, is still desperate enough to make Madeline his wife. He soon wages a war against her kingdom. Can Madeline save her kingdom before it is too late?

One thing that I really like about this book is that the
Sher A. Hart
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
This book is markedly better than the first. At least I found no plot holes. The descriptions, settings, and magical elements work for those who want a traditional fairy-tale type story. Princess Madeline and Prince Braden are still opposite in temperament, and now the author reveals how their past choices have already limited their future choices. Too bad we didn't see that in the previous book, but the author is learning.

Preparations for the royal wedding are on track until Prince Paulson arr
Peter Jenkins
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The authors knows all the wonderful fantasy ways of distant times in the far away country of Solon, with its strong king, and his beautiful children Prince Braden and Princess Madeline. The adventurous Princess got herself in a good deal of trouble in the first story and, true to herself, she is rearing to get into hot water this time around. I’m certain that enjoying this great new story doesn’t depend on your having read the first adventure. and equally sure that when you finish this action-pa ...more
Jessica
Jun 11, 2013 rated it liked it
The Battle for Princess Madeline Continuing the story of Princess Madeline and her royal family, The Battle for Princess Madeline was a short and sweet read. I didn't have the opportunity to read Madeline's first story, but I can absolutely say that this reads as a standalone just fine! All the characters are introduced well, and we are even given a look into the past to catch us up a bit.

I enjoyed following Madeline on her adventures. She's a witty and vibrant heroine. One that readers will lo
Bobbie Grob
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Bobbie for Readers Favorites

In The Battle for Princess Madeline by Kirstin Pulioff, I was introduced to the kingdom of Soron and its ruling family, which included the title character, Princess Madeline. Finding a suitable mate is often a concern for the princes and princesses of a ruling family, though this is not the case with Princess Madeline. Her heart has been won by First Knight Daniel, and she is happily preparing for her royal wedding. When a rival suitor, Prince Paulsen arri
Christoph Fischer
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"The Battle for Princess Madeline" by Kirstin Pulioff is a great sequel to "The Escpape of Princess Madeline" and an important follow up to the ending of said book one.
How exactly is Princess Madeline going to live her newly won 'freedom' in a world where she is still the daughter of a medieval King? How is her father going to adapt to a strong willed daughter?
In the first book Pulioff has greatly broken down the outdated stereotypes and role models that characters in classic fairy tales often
Kayla Emerson
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read both The Escape of Princess Madeline and The Battle of Princess Madeline. I LOVED both of the books and can not wait for the third one! So these books may be a little on the YA novel spectrum (but who doesn't love them anyways!) So if you have a TEEN I would recommend these books Highly or if your a kid at heart! Both books are very well written and believing you are right in there with all the characters.

The Escape of Princess Madeline introduces us to the kingdom of Soron. Madeline want
P.J. LaRue
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Princess Madeline owned Daniel’s heart from the day he was knighted when she whispered “My Knight,” in his ear. He earned her heart when he tracked her down and found her after she ran away from home. He didn’t give up, although others said she’d died. As their marriage approached, the idyllic days were interrupted by Prince Paulsen’s challenge for her hand.

Prince Paulsen surrounded the castle with his men and hired henchmen. Then he demanded a fight to death with Daniel, with Princess Madeline
Tonja Drecker
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was looking forward to reading this after reading the first book in the Princess Madeline series and was not disappointed. Again, Princess Madeline stands out as a young girl with a healthy self-esteem and a good feel for right and wrong. Although she chose her 'prince' at the end of book one, she now faces the fact that she must also do what's best for the kingdom. I enjoyed following her as she was forced to work through an increasingly threatening situation, while maintaining herself and wh ...more
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 unicorns - I loved it!!

The story was beautiful and definitely something I need to read to my nieces :) I guess I love fairy tales especially when there is a head strong and noble princess who won’t let anyone or anything hold her back from doing what she thinks is right. I love her sense of personal integrity and courage which is hard to teach or show kids but this book does it :) Kirstin is a fabulous story teller and bard :)

I can’t wait to see what happens next with P
John Dolan
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kirstin Pulioff's headstrong heroine from 'The Escape of Princess Madeline' returns in this young reader novel.

Madeline may have found her soulmate and learned a few life lessons from her first adventure, but she is still determined to make her mark in a man's world.

'Battle' expands the story and the background from the first book in the series and Ms Pulioff sets things up for a third book involving dragons and presumably more magic.

Readers who enjoyed 'Escape' will not be disappointed in its s
Niffer
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the first book of this series quite a bit and started this book almost immediately after finishing the first. I still enjoyed this book but I found the main character slightly more annoying this time around in the beginning. She was so focused on just basking in everyone's adoration of her and her newly engaged status.

Despite that, when the battle begins she becomes less self-focused and more sympathetic as she takes action to save the kingdom.

Overall I would consider this a book that
Ally Shields
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the adventures of Princess Madeline carries the series further into the realm of magic and myth. The princess still has an unwanted suitor hanging around from book one, and while trying to defeat him in battle and save her kingdom, she discovers long-hidden secrets about herself and the world around her. Full of twists and turns, this Disney-like story is bound to please tweens, younger teens, and the young at heart.
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
I love this series so much. I love that Pulioff writes quality stories for our younger audience There is so much that is great about this series...the amazing characters, the mystical adventure, the story with the moral lessons and the way she writes the story makes you feel like you are there with the characters!!! I think that Pulioff has found a voice in this genre and I can't wait to see where the series continues to take us!!!! 4 stars!!!!
Dena (Batch of Books)
May 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade, ya
I felt much the same about this book as I did the first one. This is a clean, short, middle grade to young adult fantasy novel. The plot is well thought out and the storyline is great. I liked the characters, both old and new, and enjoyed the way each of them developed.

Just like the first book, I wish that this had been longer. It needed to be fleshed out a little more for me to really get into it.

My blog: Books for Kids
Cristina Riquelme
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So nice story to read, and enjoyable.
This book is the sequel of The Escape of Princess Madeline.
Princess Madeline carries the series further into the realm of magic and myth.

This book is short, fantasy novel, but you have fun read it the character are more matured and have adventures, romance and lots of love.

Deborah
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Princess Madeline has matured and is in love and promised to her Knight Champion, Daniel. The festival is about to begin when Prince Paulsen destroys the village in his obsession to have Princess Madeline's hand. A recommended story for all ages. A charming sequel to the original fairy-tale style story filled with knights and battles and magic.
J.E. Negrete
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This, the second book maintained the consistency and rhythm in the hole story. Once again, I enjoy it very much with my relatives.
Nikki
Jun 07, 2014 rated it liked it
A cute little fairytale. I think that I would have enjoyed it more if I had read the first book. Having read it, I will go back and read it to my daughter.
Dylan
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Usually, I start off a review saying something that is related, more or less, to the main idea of the story that I feel that I can relate to. However, I cannot think of anything for this review, and thus this explanation will replace it.

First of all, I severely dislike the main character Madeline. I never understand why characters think that they should be doing something that they have no business doing. On top of that, she decides to put herself at risk in a highly dangerous scenario in order
April Kline
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great

I choose this rating because I love how the author displayed the mid evil myths we dreamed about when we were little but made it so not only little kids can enjoy it
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Zoe & Zak and the Yogi's Curse (Zoe & Zak Adventures, #2)
  • Wedding Bliss (Hero's Sword #3)
  • Dragon Defender (Dragon Defense League, #1)
  • The Princess Fables
  • Young Knights of the Round Table: The King's Ransom
  • Lizzy Speare and the Cursed Tomb
  • The Warble (The Bernovem Chronicles Book 1)
  • Spell Fire
  • Tommy Black and the Staff of Light (Tommy Black #1)
  • Skycastle, the Demon, and Me (Skycastle #1)
  • Jack Templar, Monster Hunter (The Templar Chronicles, #1)
  • Shades of Dragon
  • Power of the Heir's Passion (Andy Smithson, #0.5)
  • The Keeper and the Rune Stone (The Black Ledge Series, #1)
  • Out of Her Mind (Taken by the Panther, #3)
  • The Winged Fae (The World of Fae, #3)
  • Warrior (Wolves of Angels Rest, #4)
  • Good Morning, World!
Kirstin Pulioff is a storyteller at heart. Born and raised in Southern California, she moved to the Pacific Northwest to follow her dreams and graduated from Oregon State University with a degree in Forest Management. Happily married and a mother of two, she lives in Oregon, and enjoys being a stay at home mom. When she’s not writing, she is busy with her kids, church and the family business.

I wou

Princess Madeline (3 books)
  • The Escape of Princess Madeline  (Princess Madeline #1)
  • The Dragon and Princess Madeline