Start by marking “図書館戦争 LOVE&WAR 11” as Want to Read:
図書館戦争 LOVE&WAR 11

図書館戦争 LOVE&WAR 11 (Library Wars: Love & War #11)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  740 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Published April 5th 2013 by Hakusensha (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about 図書館戦争 LOVE&WAR 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 図書館戦争 LOVE&WAR 11

Laura Grace
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-read
Whoa! This was the most intense book of the series thus far! You really get to understand that though there are a lot of lighthearted parts, there IS a war on censorship.

I think the author did an amazing job capturing the struggle Iku had after her first battle. It was very powerful and really broke my heart for her. She is definitely a solider! Not only that, but I LOVED how she was open and honest with Shibazaki. Would have loved to join in a group hug over such a special moment.

Also, a few
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!

My Thoughts:

The beginning of this volume is bloody! It picks up right where v.10 leaves off and the Library Task Force is ready to stop the MBA from storming the Ibaraki Museum and destroying the display of "Freedom." Things get rea
Frances
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jasmine
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh no the tribute when the commander leaves is so good. :(
C
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: totally-safe
5/5
One of my favourite mangas! Love the plot love the characters!
Sarah Hayes
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
Dearest fellow Library Wars fanatics: run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore. Pick up a fresh copy of volume eleven of this series. Pay for it, for goodness' sake. Immediately sit down and read it. Don't even bother reading the book's back blurb, just crack it open as soon as possible and read. This is top notch Library Wars, a series at its peak, a perfect combination of action and drama, humor and romance, struggle and triumph.

You can read my complete review of LIBRARY WARS' eleventh volum
Mary
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glad this series isn't afraid to skimp out on the violence that would happen realistically. For a shojo series, that's really rare, but I like what we got:)
David Basora
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This volume was almost all action, which is quite the departure from the norm. The big fight certainly delivered, but I would argue that the administrative consequences of the successful defense of the exhibit was more impactful than the physical wounds incurred by the LDF. As Ms. Yumi explained in the sidebars, the end of this book represents a revolutionary shift in the world of "Library Wars," and I am expecting Tezuka's brother to reap the benefits.

However, the defensive effort was brutal an
Evelyn
This volume is all raw feelings. From the horror and brutality of war to the frustration when all your hard work for a good cause is shamed because others don’t agree with your methods.

On top of that, the chain of command is shifting as we lose a key member of the force.

There’s also a good bit of romance blossoming near the end of the book, especially in the bonus chapter~

This series has 15 volumes.
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Holy shit! This just keeps getting better and better. This one had me crying so hard, hoping that no one died. I don't want to spoil anything, so bottom line, read now! It's just that good.
Katie
Shelves: manga
3.5
Katrina
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read 1-14 (and am anxiously awaiting #15's release in my native language) and I have to say that the inclusion of realistically placed and well-balanced action among the usual stereotypical shōjo shenanigans makes #11 one of my favorites of the series. I've read quite a lot of manga over the years, from all sorts of different genres, but rarely do I find a shōjo that is willing to portray war in its realistically gruesome nature or discuss the hardships of war on a psychological level, in ...more
Elizabeth
The action immediately kicks off with the Battle at Ibaraki Museum. Both sides exchange fire & suffer numerous injuries, particularly the MBC who allow their own soldiers to be trampled in a desperate attempt to ram the human blockade of the Defense Force. Even though the Defense Force holds off the opposing force, the exhibition opening is still rocked with violence. A vigilante force try to hold the local governor hostage but Major Genda faces them down & is severely wounded. The direc ...more
Rachel
Ever since I found out there was a Volume 11 (back when I got Volumes 9 & 10), I’ve had this on hold. So I was very excited to get the newest book to the series. This volume was way more high-octane than the others I’ve read, in more ways than one. I wish it didn’t take so long to get English translations, as I know I will have to wait forever for the next volume to come out .

At the end of the last volume, the Library Task Force was set to guard a controversial exhibit from the Media Better
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
~4/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

This volume was much more serious than the previous ones.

There’s a lot going on, with them fighting censorship, and then having to deal with the repercussions, some of which are very serious. There’s even some crying. I’m not going to go into detail, though, so as not to spoil anything.

And while this volume was very good, I’m honestly looking forward to getting back to the fun stuff.

There’s some intense stuff going on with Iku, particularly romance wise.
Joss
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
April 2014: 4.5 Stars (shown as 5)
(Actually finished reading this in March, but whatever.)
So I was ecstatic when I received my pre-ordered copy a few days early in the mail!
The volume completed the most intense story arc (in the anime, anyway), with some changes.
BASICALLY, since the manga is a direct adaptation of the light novel series, I'm thinking it was the anime that took some liberties in what happened to whom. Indeed, it wasn't as bad as I feared, and I can safely say that I'm still in on
Jean
Since I attempted to read this in Japanese, I'm sure I missed a lot of nuances. However, I still enjoyed this volume. The Library Defence Force faces the showdown with the MBA task force to protect a controversial art exhibit. There is a lot going on between Dojo and Kasahara as their interaction gains more depth (though not necessarily their romantic relationship so to speak). A lot of dramatic action occurs in this volume which is hard to describe without spoilers but there are huge organizati ...more
Miss
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
have you heard the good word? do you realize the joy and beauty encapsulated in library wars? step right up to become deeply invested in every single one of these dorks. feel your heart shudder as iku first faces the realities of war! giggle with delight as our valiant couples skate their way around...a date! for there is a time when we must come to truth and that truth is that library wars is a vision of near perfection to be spread among the masses. join me as we preach upon the mount!

(i can't
Sereneblaze
Fighting censorship at her hometown art museum, Iku Kasahara and her fellow Library Forces team members are involved in a fierce skirmish in which several ranking officers are severely injured. The damage is far reaching, causing a rift in the Library Forces management that makes Iku question her place in the organization. In the midst of this controversy, Iku’s relationship with her direct supervisor, Dojo, grows more intimate when a long-discussed tea-date begins to sound more like a romantic ...more
Holly Letson
This volume was kinda depressing, given the injury that happened during the "battle". Also, Kasahara has to shoot at someone, which tears her up for awhile.
Luckily, the bonus stories more than make up for the sad main story of this volume, giving us some wonderful fantasies of Dojo via Kasahara's overactive imagination. And, an interview with Dojo as well. I really enjoyed these.
------------------
This volume was provided to me as an eManga by VIZ Media, via Edelweiss, in exchange for an hones
Kate
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Iku Kasahara gets some REAL battle experiences here! The Library Task Force suffers some heavy blows. It really affects her, and she starts to question the use of violence against violence. Dojo, in his gruff way, helps to ease her mind on all this as they are defending their country's rights to free speech and word. Words that are continually being repressed as crimes or simply as obscene by their government. Of course their are both emotional and bureaucratic repercussions from this event. It ...more
Kate
On the last side bar, the mangaka says, "I'm aware this manga has a lot of 'What the heck?!' moments, but I hope you'll be kind enough to stick with me come what may." Library Wars certainly does have a lot of 'What the heck?!' moments. I have to regularly suspend disbelief. While I don't agree with censorship, I don't think I'd go so far as support a military task force to protect libraries either. It's a little...extreme. Still, this series is cute and I'm doing my best to roll with it, "come ...more
Lara
Things get pretty real in this volume, and yet... I find myself growing a little bored with it. This always seems to happen around volume 10 in manga series. I think in this one the love part is just not really doing it for me. I'll probably give this another couple of volumes or so to see if something catches my attention again, but I'm sort of not expecting that to happen. :(
Rachel
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite Library Wars volume. It's really frustrating how slowly all of their relationships move!! But oh well at least they move a little bit.
This volume, rather than being full of relationship feels, is stuffed with action and drama and craziness. Read it in about an hour.
I need the next volume!!
Nicole Westen
I read the English version, which I can't seem to find on here ^^;
I actually work in a public library so I sometimes I think I connect with the story on a different level from most people. But it basically takes a possible 'what if' scenario and dials up the 'extreme' a bit. Still a wonderful read, and it gives you a bit to think about.
Camy
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Remy
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It! :)

This book was a bit more heavy compared to th usual tone of this series, but it was still very good! The author was able to keep to each characters' personality well, so there was still some humor despite the tense situations. Ms Yumi is amazing, and I'm so happy to be able to read her series Library Wars! :)
Soobie can't sleep at night
Wow! That was war!

The first pages of the volumes are really bloody, depicting the fight to protect the painting Freedom. Then it's all about politics and I got lost a little bit. Someone had to take responsibility and resign but there's a new one who will follow in his/her step... A little confusing but I really want to know how this story ends.

Only four more volumes to go.
Nicola Mansfield
OMG!!! This volume opens with war, a battle. There are shots fired, blood and everything!!! Wow, wow, wow. During and after all the excitement Iku and Dojo are sooo intimate with each other, it is swoon worthy. Then they plan their first date! Yeah, finally!
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 11 (Dawn of the Arcana, #11)
  • 君に届け 17 [Kimi ni Todoke 17] (Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, #17)
  • Otomen, Vol. 17 (Otomen, #17)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 3 (A Bride's Story, #3)
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 7
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 13
  • スキップ・ビート! 31 (Skip Beat! #31)

Library Wars: Love & War (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 1 (Library Wars: Love & War, #1)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 3 (Library Wars: Love & War #3)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 4 (Library Wars: Love &  War, #4)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 5 (Library Wars: Love & War, #5)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 7 (Library Wars: Love & War, #7)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 8 (Library Wars: Love & War, #8)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 9 (Library Wars: Love & War, #9)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 10 (Library Wars: Love & War, #10)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)
  • Wreckage
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)