Start by marking “Genevieve” as Want to Read:
Genevieve

Genevieve

(WitchBlood)

Paris, France 1793

Growing up in the court of King Louis XVI, Genevieve enjoys a sheltered privileged life with the gardens of Versailles as her playground, until on the eve of her nineteenth birthday, the king is executed and all hell breaks loose.

As family members and close friends fall prey to the Revolution, Genevieve turns to the one man who promises to help her; the
Published May 13th 2013

Georgina Perfect
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
great story!..good to read about Eva's story, only problem was it's not long enough!
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
The following review is my opinion and not a paid review. I was given a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Genevieve and her mother are only trying to stay alive and are running out of food. Genevieve heads out during the night to scrounge for food. She left her mother in an abandon cottage. Her mother is too weak to keep going. She has lost her father, brother and her best friend Marie.

When she made it back to their hideout she saw three men and two women with more men
Lynn Worton
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the fourth book in the Witchblood Series, but it is a novelette and not a novel. I loved it!

First off, I would like to say that I LOVE the cover! It's quite striking!

Genevieve is a fascinating character. I really liked her when I first met her as Eva in Witchblood (Book 1 of the series). She is not focused on much in that book, so reading this novelette brought her to life more. I loved her independent streak,
Lori
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good read for a short story.

really good short story on how Eva came to be. but I don't like how your in the middle of reading hen it switches to something else. like he pulls he in for a kiss. the next sentence is ...they pick.up.the luggage and head for the door. it's noticeable throughout the book . about stops. but t her then that. it's a good read, violent but you should expect that when it comes to vampires. especially newborns.
it didn't ever reveal why Eva and her family went from rich ,
Cindy
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
"I have nothing left."
"You still have me."

"You will forget, forget it all, Eva. Forget your family. Forget your brothers. Forget your mother. You never saw what happened to her, you do not know her. All you know is you now have a new life with me. Anything you wish to forget will be forgotten."

GIVE ME MOREEEE!

This! THIS is what I wanted Witchblood to be!
Eva is a much better character than that whiny girl Jessica!
I wish witch Blood had been focused on Eva. I'm sure I would have loved it.

I need to
M.B.
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
A month or so ago, I won a set of 3 books on Facebook, The Witchblood series by Emma Mills. I was pleased to find out from the author that she wasn't leaving the series where she left it and that she was working on a book about Eva and her life before becoming a vampire.

That book has now been released!!

When I saw the FB post that this had been released, I couldn't wait to read it as Eva was a great character in the Witchblood series.

It only chronicles her life just before and just after being ch
Hollie
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So much emotion packed into this 38 page read. IMPRESSIVE

This review is from: Genevieve: A Witchblood Story (Witchblood Series) (Kindle Edition)

I had no idea so much could happen in such a short story. The emotional pull was overwhelming. I felt close to the characters, and am eager to find out how this story continues. This, my friend, is writing at is best. I'm beyond impressed for the writer's ability to pull you into the story, and get the readers enthusiastically involved and connected so
Bex 'n' Books
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewer: Bex
Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies

Genevieve as a character is really refreshing in Emma Mills' novella. Her independence and the risks she takes enabled this book to be compelling read.

'Genevieve' is a fast-paced novella, with enough description and plot development that I felt satisfied by the end of it. Yet, I do wish it would have been longer. I think there was the potential for a full-length story here, one that I would have happily purchased and absorbed.

Paranormal lovers, be sure to
Shawnee
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Genevieve is a young woman who lived a life of luxury until the French Revolution. Her family and her best friend are dead. When she is rescued by Sebastian – the friend of her brother who betrayed her – she is unsure if she can trust him.

I have not read anything else by this author, but this novelette is fast paced, well written an entertaining. If this is a teaser for the rest of her books, then I will definitely be adding them to my reading list.
Seraphine
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This short book is great! The story behind Eva from the Witchblood series unfolds and gives us a sneak peek at who she was and who she became. Kuddos to the author for such a complete and interesting back story for one of her characters! I recommend it to everyone. I can't wait to read and discover what lies ahead for Eva, Daniel and Jess.:D
Hayley Thorpe
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really loved Emma Mills Witchblood series and I have had this short on my Kobo for a while now. It was really nice to read about Eva again and to see where she came from, such a confident character looking so small and shy. Although a completely delightful read.
Alannah Clarke
Jun 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
An enjoyable novelette which really brought the character of Genevieve from the Witchblood series to life for me. I thought the characters throughout the novelette were very vivid and interesting. I could not put this down.
Nancy
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very nice Novelette. Finished it I less than 2 hours. The characters were very vivid and the emotion was described very well.
Gemma Mcvitie-birch
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For a short book this was really good i will be reading the next one as am curious as to were this story will go.
Carol Fitzsimons
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is again worth a read it gives you a good picture of Eva and her character, Eva is from the Witchblood series which again is worth a read. It is a very easy read I read this in a few hours.
Melissa
Feb 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
I was disappointed.
Pamela
Aug 21, 2013 rated it liked it
this was a good read, but there wasn't anything about Eve being a Witch at all, she was turned into a Vampire.
Thomas Winship
Nov 02, 2013
amandalou
Jul 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Bloodstone Oracle (The Dark Gifts, #2.5)
  • Haunted Moon (Moon Coven, #0.5)
  • Dark Season: The Complete First Series (Dark Series, #1-8)
  • Inertia (Gravity, #3.5)
  • Returned (Pendle Hill, #1)
  • Elemental Rising (Paranormal Public, #2)
  • Frost Fire (Tortured Elements, #1)
  • Between the Realms (War of the Fae, #6)
  • The Vampire...in My Dreams
  • Blood in the Valley (Vigilati, #2)
  • The Fractured: Elena (Fractured, #1; Blemished, #2.5)
  • Unearthed (Resistance, #3.5)
  • Dead Vampires Don't Date (Kate Storm, #1)
  • A Lady of the Realm (House of DeDe, #1)
  • Witches
  • Cry Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #2)
  • Tegan's Return (The Ultimate Power, #2)
  • Blood Like Poison: The Trilogy (Blood Like Poison, #1-3)
Emma Mills is a stay-at-home mum, who after a recent move some 200 miles south now lives in the beautiful county of Somerset, in the UK, with her husband and two children.

Emma writes Young Adult fiction. WitchBlood was her debut novel, published in 2012 and quickly followed by WitchCraft and WitchLove. Emma published WitchHunt, the finale to the series, late in 2013. Flying With Fire is a new YA

WitchBlood (5 books)
  • WitchBlood (Witchblood, #1)
  • WitchCraft (Witchblood, #2)
  • WitchLove (Witchblood, #3)
  • WitchHunt (Witchblood, #4)
  • WitchWar (Witchblood, #5)