Start by marking “Now & Again” as Want to Read:
Now & Again

Now & Again

When a day begins with burying your wife in an Ohio graveyard, most people would agree that it can’t get much worse, but for Kendall McCaslin and his son, Josh, it can. On their way back from the cemetery they’re caught in a chain-reaction traffic crash on the freeway and both killed. Surprisingly, they don’t stay dead.

The fatal crash propels father and son into a series
Published January 16th 2013 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Now & Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now & Again

Start your review of Now & Again
Bill Ward
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this adventure, which is based around the concept of multiple parallel universes and a father and son who find themselves jumping between the different universes.
I have little understanding of physics but enjoy science fiction adventures and found the technical explanations in the book believable enough, although for all I know they may be completely preposterous! I never really understood why the two main characters were the only people able to jump between timelines but I just went
Rose
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I was listening to the radio yesterday and a woman was talking about authors from different countries. She said something that I found interesting and true. When most authors write a book, it is a book. If it gets made into a movie later then that's great, but first and foremost it was written to be a book. In America, when an author writes a book, a lot of times it is written to be both a book and a movie. This seems to be the case in Now & Again. Of course I looked up the author and sure ...more
Anna Rodney
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First Impressions

There's something about the cover art that strikes me as unprofessional, but I don't know what it is, and the impression dies away the more I look at it. Maybe it's just very much like something I might make myself.

I'm British, trained in a culture that discourages the blowing of ones own trumpet. So the final paragraph of the blurb, which tells me that this is a piece of serious literature with well drawn characters and a claim to scientific legitimacy, actually only makes me
Brian O'Hare
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: Now & Again (Kindle Edition)
Now and Again by E.A. Fournier

There is much within the broad spectrum of writing that constitutes Science Fiction that leaves me cold. I confess, however, to a frisson of anticipation when I come across movies or books that deal with time travel or parallel universes. When I learned that E.A. Fournier's new novel was about multi-verses, I had to download it, fighting a nagging fear that the author could well waste this opportunity.

I need not
Genre: Science Fiction
Length: 282 pages
Reviewer: Pearson Moore
Rating: 3 stars

Summary
A father and son with rare abilities are forced to take sides in a battle for the continuity of worlds.

Review
I enjoyed this novel for the many connections it made to the Multiple Worlds Hypothesis of Dr. Hugh Everett. I was less enthralled with the implausible mechanisms Fournier used to transport his characters to those worlds and control events in them.

The concept of
Brendan
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
E.A. Fournier's novel begins with the story of a bereaved father and son who have just lost the mother in their family, but quickly becomes a science-fiction action-adventure story involving quantum computers, multiverse theory, and nanotechnology. I hesitate to offer more in the way of plot description because I'd hate to spoil the inventive story. A few thoughts:

- Fournier's work brims with descriptions that provide solid, strong visuals without getting too verbose. The action is clear and
Scott Spotson
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very multi-layered, complex physics-based story that is superbly told.

You know what? I kept trying to understand how the two heroes (and their pursuers) could move through multiple timelines, and trying to figure out what were the dangers of messing up various timelines. Sometimes, in certain chapters, I wasn't sure which timeline it was supposed to be. I just about gave up trying to understand it. And, by the end, it didn't matter, because this story is so good.

The author sometimes
Samuel King
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Father and son Kendall and Josh McCaslin are having a really bad day. The day starts with a funeral for their wife/mother, and it only gets worse as E.A. Fournier's "Now & Again" quickly becomes a thought provoking page turner. Kendall and Josh, it seems, have a special ability that puts them at odds with a sinister mega corporation.

Fournier's novel is based on the work of Hugh Everett, one of the first theoretical physicists to propose that the strange world of quantum physics suggests the
Erin
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
An exciting book about traveling through parallel universes. Kendall McCaslin just buried his wife. On the highway after the funeral, there is a multi-vehicle crash, and just as Kendall and his son, Josh, are about to be killed, they are back in the truck again, right before the accident. As they finally, after many attempts try to make it out of the accident alive, they question what just happened? Why when they were just about to die, did they end up back on the road again? When Kendall and ...more
J.D. Tew
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now & Again is complex in a wonderful way. I loved indulging in the intense engagements, confusion, and discovery. There were moments were the author tip-toed a timeline that nearly lost me, but I was far too enthralled to let go.

The premise in this novel is solid and fulfilling, the characters relationships are intense and real, because their development was delivered and secure. I'm a huge fan of complexity and intensity. My one true mission when searching for new titles, is to find the
Alwaysabs
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a pleasant surprise! The ways in which this author weaves the story, made me a believer in the possibility of the many worlds theory. I'm not one to enjoy suspending my imagination very far in literature, unless it is backed up by research (or it is a Tolkien/C.S.Lewis story); but this author really did his homework. He effortlessly interlaces a world we all know -one grounded in neighborhoods, interstates and bridges that feel instantly familiar - with countless additional timelines and a ...more
Sean Randall
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"A new world every time a squirrel loses a nut?"

I utterly enjoyed this book, and will be eagerly awaiting any further work by Fournier. It put parallelism into an easy-to-read and fun context, and although it doesn't linger on the science, the action is really quite fun and the pace and style very good.

I particularly liked the incongruence of Everett vis-a-vis Kendall and Josh. The way they play against each other is very neat, and opens the more technical aspects of the story out to everybody.
Crystal
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kendall and Josh (father and son duo) are leaving their wife/mother's funeral when the unexpected happens. They are involved in a nasty car accident that appears to take their lives. Great power seems to be at work because they do not die. Instead, they find themselves back in their car, driving along the same stretch of road like nothing ever happened. Again and again they experience the same car wreck, each time allowing them the opportunity to get it right. When they do it is not without ...more
Armando
Entertaining. I did not care that much for the characters, but the premise was interesting enough to get me through the book. Good start, drags in the middle and picks up again at the end.
Courtney Symons
Nov 25, 2018
Carol Ann
rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2013
Mar 26, 2019
Janet
Mar 09, 2013
E.A.
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Originally from South Minneapolis, Gene Fournier earned a BA in Philosophy & Literature from St. Louis University followed by a Masters in Film from USC. Gene is a member of the Writers Guild of America west (WGA) and worked as a screenwriter and editor in Hollywood, but sadly, he never got that big break.

Seeking a return to his roots after twelve years in California, he accepted a Director