Start by marking “I, Minion (The Minion Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
I, Minion (The Minion Chronicles, #1)

I, Minion (The Minion Chronicles, #1)

Volume 1 of The Minion Chronicles

Centuries pass and the Dark Lord's Empire spreads across the land, its unconquerable armies forcing kingdom after kingdom to bend the knee. At the fore of these armies are the minions, skeletal warriors raised from the dead with dark magic to serve on the frontlines of battle. They are the perfect soldiers - made to be unthinking, unfeeling
Published April 24th 2013 by Crash Addict Books

To ask other readers questions about I, Minion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I, Minion

Jamie
This was a very different story. It is all a first person perspective ok a 'mindless' skeleton minion. I say mindless because we wouldn't get his thoughts for the book if he was. Sometimes his thoughts seem too willful for the minion he describes himself and others as being. He has no name. He was once a name and when he was killed, a Dark Lord took his body and has been using it as a minion since.

At times, this sort of made me think of 'Warm Bodies' with the dead perspective going on. I battle
Diamond
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
FULL review (includes pictures!!) on my blog @ http://diamondlovestoread.blogspot.co...

My Rating: [3 1/2 stars]

Ok, like I mentioned above, this book reminded me of two very awesome things. Ray Harryhausen and R from Warm Bodies. I wanna tell you all the reasons why I liked this book. [by the way, since this was such a fun book, I'm having fun with this review]
It's short. It doesn't waste time explaining things-- it dives right in. I love this. Why? Because it means the author thinks me (the r
Ashley Byland
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love stories that are from a different POV. Usually with the stories I read it's usually the young girl POV. This time, it is a guys POV, but not just a guy, an undead, sort of evil, guy. I have to say that alone made me want to read this story, but the synopsis was very interesting and I knew I would be in for a good ride. And right I was!

Step Into Fiction
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ashley
I really really REALLY enjoyed this novella. Usually with novellas they feel rushed because they are so short and you feel like a lot of information is missing. I didn't feel like this at all with I, MINION. There is so much detail in this story but it isn't rushed or does it feel overwhelming. The detail and story about the minions aka the undead shoulders is very descriptive and you can picture them while you are reading the story. The blood lust they feel was an interesting since they don't h ...more
Michaela
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
A prize from Momma Says Read x

For most of this story i had no idea what was going on, but it was good enough to keep going. The character description were blurry, so much detail, it was hard to keep up. There was no background of how this empire came about or the rebellion. Why this one undead man was so special is yet to be revealed. Felt like a middle of the story, really strange.

The writing style was hard to get into, but got flowing after a while...so many unanswered questions, would like to
Gregory Close
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a six star concept and would be my vote hands down for the next PIXAR movie. Although there were a few distracting editing errors the narrator's voice was very engaging and humorous. This is the most endearing bloodthirsty skeleton warrior you are likely to find in any fantasy story. It's a bit short, but a fair length for the price. In the end, I just really enjoyed myself while reading it, and that's probably the best compliment I can give.
Emily
Told from the warrior’s prospective, his only task is to destroy and kill each battle the Dark Lord sets forth. Particularly the death of Kora, a witch who could change things for the warrior whose life has been mundane as a servant to the Dark Lord.

Fascinating story, quite different from what I normally read. I thought it was written with wonderful visual descriptions. I would definitely read more from this series.
Adam
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, books-of-2013
What an awesome point of view, the eye of the minion. Great internal dialogue, main character, Dark Lord, Magic swords, massacres and an epic battle towards the end. Whats not to like?

I'll definitaly be getting the next one.
Ethic
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good stuff, looking forward to more.
Scott Jasper
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not a fantasy reader, but I did enjoy this short story. Well done and a good read that's does not require you to be a fantasy nerd.
Karen
May 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: f-not-good
The writing style was ok, but the plot was meh and nothing about any of the characters grabbed me. It was like a distillation of Basic Fantasy Plot to its bare minimum. Luckily it was short.
Jerry Rapp
Jul 17, 2013
Joshua E. Barnard
Jun 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Book Giveaways: [Ends July 8] win a copy of I, Minion! INT 1 7 Jun 24, 2013 04:15PM
After working for nine years as a member of the fun police, Lewis Dix got tired of melting eyeballs with lasers and decided to give writing a go. He figured all he needed was to be able to write in the third person and come up with things that are entirely (mostly!) untrue.

He can most often be found at home, where he's busy corrupting his two young sons and making his wife question why she marrie