Start by marking “The Gift (In Darkness We Must Abide, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Gift (In Darkness We Must Abide, #4)

The Gift

(In Darkness We Must Abide Episodic Serial #4)

Episode 4: The Gift

In Darkness We Must Abide is the epic saga of one y
ebook
Published April 26th 2013 (first published April 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gift

Lindsay
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was my favourite episode so far, but I feel that the next one is going to be UBER EPIC! The pressure is building, and it's gotta blow at some point! The thing that blows my mind, though, is that there is a little blurb at the end that explains that the next episode will be the finale of season 1. O_O You mean... I'll have to wait even longer for season 2??? I don't know if my heart can handle this...

Vanora finds herself with a foot in each world. While the world of light, of mortals, is cal
Lori
When you get to the part with the gift you are going to die! I did. Best one to date!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this "softer" side of Rhiannon. Of course, we all know she's already planning to throw it all to hell. *snickers* I am gleefully excited for the shit to hit the fan!!!
Mary
Shelves: free-author
"You're not for me, Vanora," he whispered. "I am not for you."

From Amazon: "With the arrival of the new vampires, Vanora's life has once more been changed forever. The only mortal among the undead, she feels like an outsider in her own home. As her seventeenth birthday approaches, she struggles not only with her deepening feelings for Armando, but also her own burgeoning powers."

Each Episode of this serial is more and more action packed. The Gift focuses primarily on Vanora's seventeenth birthda
Amy Fournier
Shelves: ebook, own
*Actual rating is 4.5 on my blog

In this one, Vanora is getting ready to turn seventeen, and feeling more alone than ever. With all the new vampires always hanging around, and Roman trying to keep their interaction with her minimal, it really makes her long for the family time that she's used to having.

It seems that the only one who is noticing how left out and alone Vanora feels is Armando, but we also learn a bit more about Armando which still leaves me with a lot of trust issues towards him. H
Michelle
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! The gift!?! Sweet but there's got to be an ulterior motive Armando?!?! What is going on in that gorgeous head of yours?!?! RHIANNON!? :)
Camille
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-nook, 2013
I like these but it keeps building and I want some payoff! It's like sex without an orgasm. Hopefully the next book will give me some relief.
Andrea
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
And the plot thickens. Considerably.

We learn a little more about Armando’s plan, or his Master’s plans, that he his hiding from the Socoli children. He’s very good at acting though because when he’s around the family, even I’m a lulled into a false sense of security.

At the same time, in the present he seems to be on Vanora’s side. He’s protecting her, though she’s admitted she doesn’t trust him. So Frater is doing an awesome job of keeping us guessing about where Armando’s loyalties lie.

It turn
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
So here we are with the penultimate episode (next to last) of the In Darkness We Must Abide serial! I have to say that this one surprised me, just like the last one. I was so of luke-warm to begin with when I started these but now it’s really pulling me in and my ratings are getting higher. I think it might have something to do with Armando…yummy yummy Armando. So if you have not read the previous episodes there may be some slight spoilers!

Vanora has grown in a young woman about to go to college
Rachel Tsoumbakos
May 15, 2013 rated it liked it
With the shocker ending of the last episode, I jumped feet first into this book – and was a little disappointed. This part, out of all the others, felt like the bridging episode I was expecting #2 to be.

Yet, we still get to see more of Vanora and discover her delicate underside that is hidden by her surly exterior. We also get to see some of the inner mechanics of a vampire’s mind – and not all of it is nice:

“You high-brow Spanish aristocratic pig, whose genes are so inbred you’re lucky you’re g
Toni
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Gift was so good I am at a loss for words - which it totally unlike me. I normally ramble on like an ADHD child that just ate a five pound bag of sugar, colored with red dye #40, when it comes to my reviews. And I could totally do that right now, but I don't want to give anything away.

I felt sorry for Vanora through much of this episode, and now I'm not sure how I feel. I do know that what I thought was coming after episode three has been completely blown out of the water now. I'm excited,
Eric Asher
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have a serious love hate thing going on with Armando. More tiny clues about Vanora’s abilities start to appear in episode four and I am dying to see if we have some revelations in episode five. I’m beginning to get very concerned about where the story is going in regards to Armando’s, shall we say, cohorts. I am going to need therapy if anything happens to these characters. Well done, Rhiannon Frater.
Darlene Ruiz
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this little bi-weekly treat of IDWMA! The last scene with the Gift***SWOON***!! Every week it gets better and better! waiting with anticipation for Episode 5..Love the cover art too!
John
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: supernatural
Part 4 and brilliant.
Lisa
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it; this gets better with every episode. Still not totally sure about Armando but I like where this is going. More please :)
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Original review here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2013/05/read-along-review-giveaway-gift-in.html

I loved the fourth installment of the In Darkness We Must Abide. We are getting deeper and deeper into Armando's world and Varona's. Varona is definitely having some self-esteem issues due to her albinism. She hates how people keep looking at her and how boys treat her. I felt so sorry for her. And due to Roman's new role, she is starting to feel neglected and alone. Her family is off doing t
Alexia Purdy
This episode is another step away from the violent vampire action that you see in the previous episodes, but it does show a lot more insight into the individual lives of the Socoli family, Armando and some of Vanora’s thrown in. The character development flourishes in this episode, and though it fills up some space in the story and holds back on the violence we all love to read about, it tosses in the emotional fragility of everyone close to the Socoli family, which is vital to become attached t ...more
Marita
Oct 21, 2013
Carrie
Apr 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Rhiannon Frater is the award-winning author of the As the World Dies zombie trilogy (Tor) as well as independent works such as The Last Bastion of the Living (declared the #1 Zombie Release of 2012 by Explorations Fantasy Blog and the #1 Zombie Novel of the Decade by B&N Book Blog).

She was born and raised in Texas where she currently resides with her husband and furry children (a.k.a pets).

S

In Darkness We Must Abide Episodic Serial (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Death Comes Home (In Darkness We Must Abide, #1)
  • Death in the Shadows (In Darkness We Must Abide, #2)
  • The Arrival of Armando DeLeon (In Darkness We Must Abide, #3)
  • The Vampires (In Darkness We Must Abide, #5)
  • Dire Warnings (In Darkness We Must Abide, #6)
  • Destruction (In Darkness We Must Abide, #7)
  • The Fallen King (In Darkness We Must Abide, #8)
  • The Purge (In Darkness We Must Abide, #9)
  • Betrayal (In Darkness We Must Abide #10)
  • Into the Temple of Shadows  (In Darkness We Must Abide, #11)