Start by marking “60 Percent Proof (By Degrees, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
60 Percent Proof (By Degrees, #1.5)

Read Book

60 Percent Proof

(By Degrees #1.5)

Note from the Author: This interlude was originally released on May 15, 2013 to celebrate Mac's birthday. It has now been added to Six Degrees of Lust, Second Edition.

Sam Shaughnessy knows what he wants from Mac O’Bannon: monthly, uncomplicated casual encounters.

Published May 15th 2013 by goodreads

To ask other readers questions about 60 Percent Proof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 60 Percent Proof

Baba
3.5 stars.****Review posted July 25, 2013

I'm rounding up to four stars because I love seeing Sam and Mac together. *shiver* Also, this was a sexy little number without one single sex scene. My review will be short and sweet.

photo tumblr_mkpuh6HJMF1qffcrao2_500_zps890fa50c.gif

photo tumblr_miyneeudn91rorqtmo1_500_zps61a04b03.gif

Sam and Mac are having fun in Miami. The weather is great, the ambiance is stimulating, no stress, lots of entertaining bars, good music and hot dancing. Life is good. Life is even better when you can spend it with a hot guy. Sam realizes that Mac is very important to him. He
Jewel
I don't think this was included in the first edition of Six Degrees of Lust , but it is in the second edition that is due out in January 2017. I enjoyed it both times I read it :)
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
*****Warning: This review gives brief spoilers of Six Degrees of Lust - the first novel in this serial*****

One of the reasons why I love Mac and Sam is because their chemistry is so intense that it scorches off the pages. No matter if they're having sex, verbally sparring or silently declaring their possessiveness there's always that sexual tension that's constant between them that I absolutely adore.

In this short story, their chemistry is still amazing. It takes place a little bit before the e
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
5 Delicious Stars!

Sam & Mac....❤2 of best fictional character's ever!

The Book~ Re-Read 7/28/14 and it is still a Rock Solid 5 Stars!

This one is IMO, best read while listening to ... Nelly Furtado CD. Because It takes place in a club, and no I usually don't listen to music while I read, but, this book is an exception, it makes it more real, and more delicious!

No FBI stuff in this one, really in this one it's all about Sam and Mac...and I loved it to pieces!

Sam and Mac, sigh...one of my favo
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Nice little interlude/teaser for Six Degrees of Separation. It's very short and, truthfully, not much happens. The whole thing takes place the night the guys get matching tattoos. The writing style leaves a bit to be desired, but I'm not going to bash a freebie interlude.

“You looked so damn hot, kitten,” Sam growled into his ear. “I wanted to devour you.”

I'm really not sure what it says about me that one of my favorite things about these two is that Sam calls Mac "kitten", but there it is. That'
Susan65
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Honestly, that was no doubt one of the hottest opening scenes I've ever read.

I forgot how much I missed Mac and Sam...I really can't wait for the next book. This hot little number was a great side dish. but this chick is hungry and I want the whole meal!
M'rella
I don't know why I read it :/ Was hoping for more info on the murder investigation? When it was clear that wasn't going to happen, I at least hoped to find out more about boys getting inked. Should have known better :/
Gigi
Mac and Sam have chemistry in spades. It is absolutely insane. Fuck yeah this is a 5 star short story sex scene! *fans self*
Marte - Thunderella
**** 4 possessive stars ****

This short story is the telling of events taking place in #1 Six Degrees of Lust. The two main characters in that book, Sam and Mac, goes to a gay club to celebrate Mac's birthday.
I loved to be able to read and know what happened that night of Mac's birthday, because it wasn't included in the book.

----------------------

My reviews:

1. Six Degrees of Lust

1.5. (0.5) Southern Winterland
-shorty featuring Christian and Remy.

1.5. 60 Percent Proof
-shorty featuring Sam and Ma
Anna
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT WAS HOT (and they didn't even have sex!!).

These two have honestly some of the best chemistry I have read in any M/M book, and even if this is only 25 pages long I can't not give it 5 stars just for that. Book #2 need to come out ASAP, because even though book #1 didn't quite meet my expectations, I'm left wanting more of these two after this short story.
Bev
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing

A little slice of life Sam and Mac style on their holiday to Miami...no sex, but off the charts ST. Cold shower required again....boy, those guys are hot!! 5 stars and
Taylor Donovan
Apr 24, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Hey guys!Just a quick note to let you know I encountered technical difficulties while uploading the file. I'm working on getting the issue solved, and SPP should be live by tomorrow afternoon.

Please accept my apologies, and thanks!
Isabel
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favorite-mm
Oh Sam... you and Mac are so HOT together!!!
Kristie
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Damn! A hot as hell story and not even any sex! Perfect little lunch time reading. Short and sweet. I really would have liked for this to have gone a bit further, shown us what happened when they went to the tattoo parlor, but I'll live with this.
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Off the charts HOT! These two are burning my kindle alive!
Shahreen
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Can't wait for Six Degrees of Separation! *squeel
Jacq
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
A nice light snack of a story...

What fun, I felt as if I was there.
Trio
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really sweet... you can see Sam changing right before your eyes.
Tina
Sep 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories

A nice, hot addition to the series but not a must read.
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

Mac is on the same page. For two months they have been enjoying each other’s company, never forgetting that their agreement leaves zero room for long-term commitment.

But a visit to a local gay club during a weekend getaway in South Beach tips the scale, and it isn’t long before Sam starts showing how much he really doesn’t like to share.

Firmly placed rules get suspiciously bent, and by the en
Anke
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it
More like 2.5 stars
I read it immediately after finishing Six Degrees of Lust, thinking I'll get more insight to their vacation in Miami. But nope, it was more an insight into Mac's thoughts while having drinks at a bar. On top of that this story ends at about 76% on my kindle.
Maggie Simms
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, short-stor

Since I am now hooked on this serial I decided to read this one.

It was fun but it was just too short for my greedy eyes. I thought I was going to read about how they ended up with matching tattooes but that part was not covered.

Can't wait until the next book in the serial. Can't get enough of these two lovable studs.
Martin
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This amazing short about Mac and Sam's time in South Beach is one long make out session at a gay club. The passage should actually have been part of the first book. It takes place during that alcohol drenchend night that leaves both guys permanently marked. And I mean literally. With a tattoo ;-)

I adore Mac and Sam and I can hardly wait to see how their story continues.
5 stars!
Lucia
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: freebie, m-m
Loved this short story! It tells what happened when Sam and Mac got drunk on their last night in South Beach. Sam redeemed himself a little bit in my eyes (he really pissed me of in Six Degrees of Lust). I have to say this book was hawt!!!
Eva

Shelves: excellence
Sooo.... That (and the sneak peek) wasn't as bad as I dreaded. /wipes brow
Embry Carlysle
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved,loved this book. Hot from the amazing first scene all the way through.......A MUST read!!!!
Lala
This shortie was so good..but I expected the tattoo getting part.. Instead it was only the club scene. Still, I enjoyed reading about Sam & Mac, tattoos or not))
Deanna Against Censorship
Three and a half stars. Erotic without actual sex. Not an easy task. A night on Miami Beach that reveals so much about their relationship. Love these guys.
K.A.
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME INTERLUDE!!!
  • Getting It Right (Life Lessons, #1.8)
  • What You Do To Me (Breathe, #1.5)
  • Dine & Dash (Cut & Run, #5.5)
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • In Plain Sight
  • Not My Spook! (Spy vs. Spook, #2)
  • The Fix (Whitetail Rock, #2)
  • Night Watch (The Telling, #2)
  • Screw the Fags (Screwing the System, #1.5)
  • Aftermath (Glitterland, #1.5)
  • Inside Out (PsyCop, #0.1)
  • Marked (Roads, #1.5)
  • A Very D Christmas (Zero at the Bone, #1.4)
  • Dirty Cop
  • Sink or Swim
  • Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Attack of the Killer Dust Bunnies (With or Without, #3.2)
Taylor V. Donovan is a compulsive reader and author of gay romance and suspense. She is optimistically cynical about humanity and a lover of history, museums, and all things 80s. She shamelessly indulges in mind-numbing reality television, is crazy about fashion, and passionate about civil rights and equality for all.

For more information please visit www.taylorvdonovan.com

By Degrees (3 books)
  • Six Degrees of Lust (By Degrees, #1)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Six Degrees of Agony (By Degrees, #3)
“He's always checking out your arse."

Kevin's laugh died on it's way up his throat. "Are you serious? Shit, I need to work on my gaydar."

"No, you don't." Cedric folded his arms over his chest. "I'm gay and I want you. That's all you need to know.”
5 likes