Start by marking “Red Shirt Kids” as Want to Read:
Red Shirt Kids

Red Shirt Kids

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Sixth-graders Mike and Amy must learn to use their special powers to save other children

Mike and Amy Smith are nervous about moving from their nice house in Boston to a dilapidated old mansion in Falton, New Hampshire. They know they’ll have to start the sixth and seventh grade not knowing anyone, and their new house is just plain creepy.

While searching their dusty attic,
Published September 23rd 2013 by Sourced Media Books (first published August 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Red Shirt Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Shirt Kids

Hannah Clark
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really loves this book. There's a few sentimental aspects of Red Shirt Kids that made me inclined to like it, but it really is a super cool fantastical mystery. Clark's fresh and modern links to Arthurian myth and Scottish history were so fun and unexpected. I loved every minute I got to spend with the Red Shirt Kids and devoured their adventure in one sitting. I can't wait to read it to my son! I am hoping there is a sequel. :-)

Kim
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club-reads
What I love most about this book is that these are stories that the author's father told him and his siblings as bedtime stories. My kids love bedtime stories and this book fits perfectly with bedtime, each chapter is just a few pages so it is realistic to read one chapter each night without it taking up too much time or having to stop in the middle of a chapter.

I love telling my kids stories about their grandparents, great grandparents, etc, but I don't have anything to show them. One was a pa
Becky H.
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Suzie
Recommended to Becky H. by: Ramona
Shelves: magic, mystery, 2015
The Smith family has just moved to a small town and it is not what they expected. 2 kids are missing and someone is taking the lights of the town. As porch lights and neon sign turn up missing strange ideas are stirring about the missing kids. While exploring the attic of the house the Smith family just moved into. Mike and Amy discover a locked chest and a neighbor boy has the key. This key was given to him by his crazy grandmother. When they open the chest they find some red shirts that when t ...more
Jill Miskin
I give this three and a half stars. I really liked the story behind the story. The author's father told his kids about the red shirt kids when they were little. Bryce then used those stories as inspiration for and content in the book.

The story is about Mike and Amy, who have recently moved with their parents into a new home. They discover a trunk in the attic along with some mysterious things going on in town. The lights are disappearing, along with a couple of kids. The chapters are short and
Nicole
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club
Such a fun, quick read. It's perfect for kids. Either for you to read out loud or for them to read by themselves. The author is local and we got to meet him. I am excited to read the second one to my children when it comes out.
Jenwatson
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club
This was a fun, quick read book! It had very short chapters, easy for children to understand, and it was a great story. We met the author and he said that he was working on the second book right now. I'll be excited to read that one too.
Lisa
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club
I think this is the perfect book to get older elementary age kids excited about reading. Great to read to them before bedtime and leave them anxious to know what will happen next.
Jenny Newton