Start by marking “Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)” as Want to Read:
Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)

Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove #4)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  13,775 Ratings  ·  1,394 Reviews
What's a duke to do, when the girl who's perfectly wrong becomes the woman he can't live without?

Griffin York, the Duke of Halford, has no desire to wed this season--or any season--but his diabolical mother abducts him to "Spinster Cove" and insists he select a bride from the ladies in residence. Griff decides to teach her a lesson that will end the marriage debate forever
Published May 28th 2013 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Any Duchess Will Do, please sign up.
A_Random_Book_Reader No need. I haven't read any of the previous books in the series.
Doris Lee It was already published before this book as a Spindle Cove novella. It's called 'Beauty and the Blacksmith'.

Sandra
5 OUTSTANDING AND 'AWWWW' STARS.

This book made my heart melt, weep, and gave it a little meltdown/panic attack towards the end.

tumblr inline mh9kfvrs D51qz4rgp

Any Duchess Will Do is the 4th and i believe the final book in the Spindle Cove series. I am madly, and deeply in love with this series and the author. I don't even want to think about this being the last book because then i might cry and never stop.

525c51d5 c8d6 44c8 9d13 6a593fbe754d zps1a740ce0

Pauline Simms is an overworked and struggling 23 year old serving girl. All she wants is to open up her own little books
Anne
Alrighty.
So Tessa dare once again made me like a book (like, not love) with a plot I could not have been less interested in!

description

Yes, cute Ryan Gosling gif, I enjoyed it despite the fact that I don't care for the Wealthy Duke Falls for the Poor Commoner storyline. I know plenty of you guys love that one, but for me? Eh. Not so much.
So. Yeah, the characters just won me over!

description

Oh, and I loved the Duke's meddling mother!
When I grow up, I want to be her. Seriously.
Here's a woman who drugs her adult son, d
Jill
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The Duchess of Halford would like grandchildren. Tired of her thirty-five year-old son, Griff's bachelorhood, she takes matters into her own hands. She drugs and kidnaps him and takes him to Spindle Cove to choose a young lady.

"You choose a girl - any girl - and I'll polish her myself. Who could better prepare the future Duchess of Halford than the current Duchess of Halford?"

Pauline Simms is a farmer's daughter and serving girl at the local tavern. Griffin Eliot York, Duke of Halford has his ow
Shin Mon Thway
I’m kicking myself in the nuts. Why did I ever wait to dig into a Tessa Dare book. 🤨 Hands down, one of the best-written and funniest and equally romantic regency romance books I’ve ever read/listened. It was really REALLY good. Funny story, a while ago, I travelled to Spain and I actually met with Tessa Dare in person. We were both attendants of a summit there. But the thing is although I knew her books, I never knew she wrote them. In my defense, I haven’t read any MF in a couple years and I ...more
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
There are just not enough superlatives to describe this book. ANY DUCHESS WILL DO has edged A WEEK TO BE WICKED into second place as my choice for the best book in this series. A ginormous feat considering how much I love Colin and Minerva!

There are so many things I love about this book, it's difficult to know where to start but I'll try.

The story blends all the magic of …

Pygmalion
My Fair Lady
and
Cinderella

The book is rich in humour and the sparkling dialogue provides so many memorable laug
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Tessa Dare has been my most surprising wild card of 2014.

I went into this year convinced that I could never love historical romance, especially M/F historical romance. Then Tessa Dare smacked me upside the face with her Spindle Cove series and sent me reeling.

I loved them.

I've been listening to the series in audiobook format, so I was devastated when saw that the supremely talented narrator from the first three books, Carolyn Morris, was replaced by Eva Kaminsky. However, I shouldn't have worr
Mei
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
“Miss Simms,” his mother said, “if you think you can trick me into repeating your vulgarities, you will be disappointed. Suffice it to say, slang, blasphemy, and cursing have no place in a lady’s vocabulary. Much less a duchess’s.”
“Oh. I see. So your grace never curses.”
“I do not.”
“Words like cor . . . bollocks . . . damn . . . devil . . . blast . . . bloody hell . . .” She pronounced the words with relish, warming to her task. “They don’t cross a duchess’s lips?”
“No.”
“Never?”
“Never.”
Miss Simm
Warda
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
[4.5 ⭐]

My heart. I feel sick with love.
Tessa Dare just can’t do no wrong for me. She writes the most infectious of stories with the best romance possible that has me setting expectations. I mean, if I do not find myself someone that has all the qualities of every fictional character I fell in love with, I’m rioting. And eventually fall into inevitable despair.

I love the writing. I love the characters. Her female characters in particular always have this individuality about them that makes them
Starr Rivers
This is one of my all time favorite historical romance novels. From the first page to the last, I love the heroine to pieces. Her spark, her spirit, sassiness, optimism, can-do-attitude, loyalty and sense of fairness. She really wants to help the Duke achieve his goals. She loves his mother too, who's a great character in her own right. I just loved every single character in this book! Rather than repeat the blurb, I'll talk about my fav scenes, in no particular ranking order:

#1: Where the Duke
Shawna
5+ stars – Historical/Regency Romance

Wow! I loved this! I haven’t relished a historical romance this much in quite some time. I adored everything about this book. Here’s a quick summary of what I enjoyed most about it.

*Endearing, unique, lovable heroine – Pauline is caring, funny, cheeky, brave, honest, spunky, loyal, and strong yet vulnerable. I absolutely adored her!

*Sigh-worthy hero

*Heartwarming, swoonalicious romance – This has some of the sweetest, most memorable, delightful romantic moment
Letitia
Rating: A ... Heat: Hot

Well, it’s officially official: If I want a good cry, I’ll pick up one of my favorite Tessa Dare books. Each and every time she creates heroes and heroines who worm their way into my heart and tug on those heartstrings. Kate and Thorne? Made me bawl my ever-loving eyes out. Minerva and Colin? When they weren’t making me laugh, they put tears in my eyes. Pauline and Griff? Yeah, those two got the water works going pretty good and pretty often. I love the ladies and gents of

Jilly
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really cute story about a duke falling for a serving girl, and they were adorable and it was hot and swoony sometimes, but the true star of this book is the duke's mother - the current duchess. She is dry, sarcastic, bossy, controlling, and has a propensity to knit horrible little things in the hope of someday having a grandchild.

knitting kitteh is producing better projects than duchess no-grandma..

Since her son, Griffin, is a total skeezebag in a previous book and doesn't look like h
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a cute, fun read. I am really liking this author's characters and the banter we get with them! But for some reason I didn't feel like we got as deep of a connection with these two as I have in the other books I've read from Ms. Dare. I'm not even sure why I feel that way exactly...so even though it was enjoyable, I didn't quite like it as much as the The Duchess Deal or A Week to Be Wicked 🤷🏻♀

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Pauline and Griff's story.
KatLynne
“Her,” he said. “I’ll take her.”

Tessa Dare has crafted one of the most pleasurable books I’ve read. If you’re looking for a fun, sexy Historical Romance, then you’ll not want to miss this! I thought it perfect escapism.

Oozing humor, it’s filled with witty dialogue and the banter is ever flowing. It also has very sensual love scenes and offers a story that flows faultlessly from beginning to end. There’s no wading in; from the get-go it grabs you and will have you laughing out loud and anxious f
Robin (Bridge Four)
4.5 Stars

“Her,” he said. “I’ll take her.”

Tessa Dare and the Spindle Cove series are just a lot of fun. I love her slightly unconventional heroines and all the mishaps they get into. At times this series is ridiculously funny and I find myself just grinning along stupid smile on my face growing larger line by line.

The premise is simple the Duke Griff after leading a life of debauchery and scandal suffered a tragedy that changed him. His mother knowing something was wrong and wanting Griff to
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 poignant, romantic, sexy, glorious, wonderful, brilliant stars! A truly beautiful series finale!
edge of bubble
Loved this one. Even wrote a short novela as a review for it but it got lost and I am too lazy to rewrite it. *mostly bad memory*
Steph

After reading this book, I feel like I temporarily turned into Golum from 'Lord of the Rings'.

Here's a short example of what I mean:

* * *

Me 1: We loves it!

Me 2: No, wait... it was too weird and unrealistic. He fell too hard, so fast. Same with her. And it was one fucking week, for seriousness' sake! It was beyond improbable. Also, their stations were too different. And the guy was too accepting. No way we could even fool ourselves into believing this could happen, or was happening. And also,
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
I think historical fiction might be one of the greatest things ever
“Farewell, she thought wistfully. Farewell, finest arse in Creation.”
description

Short novel gets short but happy review:
Meet Griffen: the arrogant EX.playboy who refuses to wed until his mother...kidnaps him and forces him to choose from a room of options.
“He’d thought himself so damned clever, picking the serving girl out of the spinster crowd."

Just a silly little trick in this mindgame with his mother. But Pauline became a player t
Ingela
Written December 3, 2014

4 stars - Enchanting, delightful, charming and so on. Hearthwarming good!

I must start to say I enjoyed this nearly 11 hrs audiobook listening, very well narrated by Eva Kaminsky, so very much. 'Any Duchess Will Do' was my first historical by Tessa Dare as well.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

My title describes well what I felt a few days ago..
Good story and funny cheeky intrigue. It was both right amount of romance and heat (for this genre), as an good plot. As the icing on the cake was this audiobook e
Susan Elizabeth Phillips
A duke selects the girl most likely to fail to be his future bride. As much as I love the set-up for this book, any Tessa Dare book is a delight.
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
This is a Regency version of My Fair Lady, and not a very convincing one. It exceeded my expectations, and was more convincing than I had expected considering the preposterousness of the premise, but then again, my expectations were extremely low and my dubiousness not entirely misguided. Come on, people, this is the Regency era. Liaisons between commoners and dukes are highly uncommon, and that of a barmaid and a duke? Even more ludicrous. Still, this book carried it off the dubious premise bet ...more
Lady Wesley
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes, when I’m reading a new book, I just know that I’ll have to write a review the minute I finish. Usually, that happens when a book is either remarkably good, or stupendously bad. As I was reading Any Duchess Will Do, I realized that I would write a review as soon as I had read the last page, because this book is remarkably, stupendously wonderful –- perhaps the best of the Spindle Cove series.

In truth, I had this feeling up until I hit the 75% mark on my Kindle, after which I became ann
Mary - Buried Under Romance
Posted on Buried Under Romance

Tessa Dare has proven herself a fantastic writer with her Spindle Cove series, and Any Duchess Will Do lives up to my expectations, though it's a close second with A Week to Be Wicked.

The premise is highly amusing. Griffin York, the Duke of Halford and the fourth richest man in England (I quote this) is breaking his mother's heart. The duchess desperately wants grandchildren before she falls into her decline, or worse, commit atrocious knitting crimes with nothing
Bubu
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hr, 5-stars
Bumped up to 5 stars after re-reading it.

However unlikely the plot or anachronistic the MCs actions may be, there's something to this book, the writing, something in the characters, that always stays with me. I know I'll be re-reading this again and again, and I'll simply love it.
Susanne
seal

Amazing! Thanks Karen and Sandra for reading it with me <3
Louise
“I have you.” His whispered words were hoarse. “I have you now.”

I loved it!:') I love the Hero and Heroine, even the Duchess(Griffy's mom) and I friggin love this series!!!
it all started with the “Her,” he said. “I’ll take her.” and also the flutterings lol:D

The story gave me butterflies in my stomach and made me cry in some scenes, especially the secret room , it broke my heart:_/ It might be like a Cinderella story but it was a touch beyond that fairy tale book, its fresh and unique take
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Once upon a time I read a book from Tessa Dare and rated it 2.5 stars...

Although it started so good ...

The beginning was freaking hilarious : During the first 30%, I was ready to crown Tessa Dare as the most awesome HR author of the world. Just have a peek at the text I sent Chelsea :

Oh, LL = Lauren Layne, of course!

Let's meet our strong heroine : To be frank, Pauline won me from the very beginning, at this point exactly :

"It was hers now, wasn't it? She'd paid for the contents. "For ex
Frankie Lovely
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars
Review to come

I really enjoyed this one!!

This was one of the worst I have read in this series for Instalove ... but I don't care because everything else was so on point!
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Though I don't necessary regret reading this book, I can't say I fully enjoyed it. To be honest, it was quite boring and very predictable. In truth, I hadn't expected much more and I should've stuck to my original decision to not read it as I had shelved it 'checked-wont-read'. But I was bored, and I couldn't find anything else to read, so this one it was. The characters Griffin York (34) and Pauline Simms (23) was alright, though nothing special about them. Though in the beginning, I liked Paul ...more
  • Unraveled (Turner, #3)
  • How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6)
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)
  • Lord of Darkness (Maiden Lane, #5)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • The Luckiest Lady in London (The London Trilogy #1)
  • A Gentleman Undone (Blackshear Family, #2)
  • When the Duke Was Wicked (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #1)
  • Fool Me Twice (Rules for the Reckless, #2)
  • When You Give a Duke a Diamond (Jewels of the Ton, #1)
  • Seducing Mr. Knightly (The Writing Girls, #4)
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen
More about Tessa Dare

Spindle Cove (5 books)
  • A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Dedication: For librarians and booksellers everywhere, who gather books and build shelters for tender souls.” 33 likes
“Cleverness is like rouge - liberal application makes a woman look common and desperate. Wit is knowing how to apply it.” 25 likes