Start by marking “Leading Kingdom Movements” as Want to Read:
Leading Kingdom Movements

Leading Kingdom Movements

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  99 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
From the beginning, God has been in the business of movements. Starting them. Multiplying them. Changing the world through them. And in Jesus, we see this come together in practice.

HOW. How do you start a Kingdom movement that can change the world. But in Jesus, through his life and taking his teachings seriously, we see how we can lead a Kingdom movement.

In this book, Mik
Published March 1st 2013 by 3DM

To ask other readers questions about Leading Kingdom Movements, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leading Kingdom Movements

Barrie Lawrence
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
An interesting read, and one from which most of us can learn. So what did I learn? There are principles of community which we all need to apply in our church situation – ‘Up’, is having a passionate relationship with God; ‘In’ is having good relationships within the church community; and ‘Out’ is being truly missional. The other important principle was that we need to stop periodically and say “What is God saying?” and “How do I respond to this?”

There is a lot more, but if we live by just these
Kjersti
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: faith-church
Nothing new here to anyone familiar with forming healthy small groups for discipleship purposes. I found myself constantly frustrated by Breen's writing. He came off as presenting an entirely new form of discipleship and way of doing church that had never been done before (since Acts, of course...) and it's just not true. He also seemed to imply that this was, therefore, the best and only way to be doing church, ignoring the fact that the Church has been around since approximately 33 CE. He also ...more
Marc
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What is God saying to me? What am I going to do about it?

Let's do this:
UP, IN, OUT
Passionate Spirituality. Radical Community. Missional Zeal.
Build with relationships and resources that are capable of being spontaneous and structured.
Oikos = An extended family on mission.
Make disciples who make disciples.
Brian
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a quick read. An interesting read on how to create a movement, something I hope to do! Key lesson: It starts with me. I have to be humbled. Also a lot of focus on size of missional communities (oikos, extended family) I learned some interesting things about Paul and his life of mission. I would recommend it for people who want to lead a kingdom movement.
Corey D Grinder
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful reading!

While Breen himself was unknown to me, the parallels in his life and experience helped me to establish the veracity of this book while the wisdom, insight and encouragement of historical and contemporary sources inspired me! If you suspect God might be speaking to you and you're not sure what to do, make time to read this!
David
Feb 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Loved it. Not a church growth book or a message telling you do this thing so you can be effective. It's much mor personal, practical, and passionate with a deep call to be dependant on the Holy Spirit as you move forward step by step in ministry and mission.
Joey
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Learned a ton from this book. Will reread.
Daniel Wells
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from Breen and 3DM. Breen's writing style makes the book flow well, and the content itself makes you take diligent notes and fold certain pages.

Highly recommended.
Tim Beck
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
another good discipleship book from 3DM.
Benjamin Vineyard
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fantastic read on helping others step into God's unfolding kingdom. The latter chapters were the most impactful for me. Breen told a lot of stories about his experience.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
“Here’s what I’ve noticed in these times of erosion: Our natural inclination toward self-preservation makes us want to get out of the pit as soon as possible. Of course, that’s a natural, instinctive, human reaction. But I’d suggest we can take a different posture. You see, as more and more of us is stripped away, what is lying at the bottom of the pit are gold bars that will shape the rest of our lives. They are often the most important things that God is looking to teach us. So instead of a posture that says, “God, get me out of here as quickly as possible,” we step fully into the process and say, “God, don’t let me leave this place until I’ve learned what it is you have to teach.” 1 likes
“And in the Kingdom, you receive when you give. You live only when you die. You become free when you submit. You advance when you fully surrender.” 0 likes