Start by marking “A Beautiful Heist (Agency of Burglary & Theft, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Beautiful Heist (Agency of Burglary & Theft, #1)

Read Excerpt

A Beautiful Heist

(Agency of Burglary & Theft #1)

Everyone has a talent. Some are just more legal than others. Cat Montgomery steals jewels for AB&T, the premier agency for thieves in Seattle. Career perks: good pay, great disguises, constant adrenaline rush. Drawbacks: the possibility of jail time…or worse. Now she’s taken on a lucrative side job—recovering a priceless Faberge egg for an alleged Romanov descendent.

Thoug
Published June 6th 2013 by Kensington Publishing (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Beautiful Heist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Beautiful Heist

Start your review of A Beautiful Heist (Agency of Burglary & Theft, #1)
Coco.V
Jan 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/18/2018)! 💝
Marlene
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

Everyone loves a great caper story--that’s what made Ocean’s Eleven so popular--twice!

A Beautiful Heist is just that, the story of a great caper, a high stakes robbery (the penny-ante stuff isn’t any fun) but it’s more than that.

In the midst of that high-stakes robbery we have one of the classic forbidden romances: the thief and the cop, well, FBI agent, who have fallen for each other and can’t manage to fall out.

And then there’s two of the greatest stories
Tamara
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thieves. Romance. Fashion. Humor- what more could you ask for?

Cat Montgomery is a jewel thief- she knows it's wrong- yet it's the thing that makes her feel alive.
She gets asked to do a job that is impossible, dangerous, and intriguing. Cat takes the job- unaware that ex-boyfriend is also on the job (he's an FBI agent so this presents problems).

Cat knows 2 things- 1. She must not get caught and 2. knowing who to trust in her line of work can be hard.

*Full review to be posted later.

Sandy Lu
Cat Montgomery was born to be a thief. She works for AB&T, a secret Agency in Seattle that commissions her for high-stakes heists. It’s a great life, with one catch: She’s had to give up any notion of a fairytale happily-ever-after. After all, the villain doesn’t get to ride into the sunset. Cat’s not in it for greed, though. A modern day Robin Hood, she gives most of her earnings away to the homeless. Thieving is the only thing she’s ever good at; and she’s in it out of guilt, ever looking for ...more
Kimberly Morris
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book as a gift from the author for my honest review.

Let me begin by telling you a little about the some of the important characters in this story. First of we have....
Cat Montgomery- she is the leading lady and the story pretty much resolves around her. She is a very skilled jewel thief that is on a mission to redeem herself for what happened to her sister Penny when they were kids. Cat ends up taking a very difficult and dangerous job out side of AB&T thinking that it
Tara Chevrestt
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
There's a lot to like about this book. You have a tough heroine who steals things for a living, believing she's righting an old wrong. Her jobs had me on the edge of my seat. They were heart-stopping. Many times I didn't think she would make it. I loved her sense of humor and sarcastic wit too.

"...was there a specific reason they made church pews so damn hard and uncomfortable? I mean, stained glass here, gilded whatnot there--surely there wasn't a lack of money in the budget."

There's a romance
Tia Bach
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
An ethical criminal. Seems like an oxymoron, doesn't it?

Cat Montgomery is a thief, but she's a thief with rules. She only steals from those who are wealthy and have insurance, and she specifically takes the one items her agency (AB&T) hires her to procure. But more than that, she's looking for the assignment that makes her feel whole again and washes away a job she didn't take--one that cost her sister her life.

Thanks to the IRS on her heels, she takes a side job with a big payoff and high stake
Gigi
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love a good caper, and this heist series is off to a great start. A heroine I loved, a complicated romance, and plenty of suspense... Yup, I'm hooked.
JG
A Beautiful Heist was a fun, quirky action adventure romance featuring the very intriguing Cat Montgomery and her agency of merry thieves. This was one engaging and entertaining read. Cat was such an interesting character. A card carrying professional thief who's failed to file her taxes and is scared the IRS will come and get her. So she takes a job on the side which is not going to go well with her bosses at AB&T. Not to mention she's always bumping into her ex's new girlfriend who happens to ...more
Chi Dubinski
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cat Montgomery is a thief—a jewel thief who steals on assignment for an agency. Even though she loves her job, she’s conflicted because she believes she caused the death of her sister. When Cat is approached to steal a missing Faberge egg, she accepts the assignment. more to return the egg to its rightful owners than for the money. I enjoyed this book because not only was Cat an interesting and highly skilled thief (and I love a good heist), but other major characters were also strong women. Thi ...more
Katarina West
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense

If you're looking for a perfect escape and a page turner, this is your book. A bubbly and funny cosy mystery with a delicious heroine, Cat, whose narrative voice I particularly enjoyed: 30% chick lit, 30% film noir, 30% romantic comedy.

I particularly enjoyed her slightly schizophrenic personality: she's the Girl Next Door who has a vocation to become a perfect thief.

All the indegredients of good entertainment are there: the Romanovs of the Imperial Russia, Fabergé eggs, London, Louboutin shoes.
Magiccats
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a really good book and was very entertaining with suspense, thrills and romance . The story flows well and keeps you glued to the book. I found it a very enjoyable read. The main character, Cat, was a very likable thief and one you could sympathize with.

Would make a good movie or tv series. Hope the author continues with more in this series. I will definitely be on the lookout for more books by Kim Foster.
Jim Crocker
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A BEAUTIFUL HEIST—Kim Foster

Cat is all about trouble. If trouble doesn't find her, she’s sure to find it. That’s easy to do when you’re a slick, talented and beautiful jewel thief. For me, it was love at first sight, when she stole my heart and left me laughing out loud from caper to caper.

This one is destined for the big screen. The book’s a gem and so is writer Kim Foster. Her voice rings true and she’s a knockout, too. Don’t miss out on all the action. I wouldn't kid you.

Nicole
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
A fun read with a quick-moving plot that makes it hard to put down, A Beautiful Heist is enhanced by a unique perspective, as it is told from the point of view of a thief or "bad guy." Although there are elements of romance in the story, this book is less of an "adult romance" and more of a mystery/action/spy novel blend. There are cheesy moments, but overall I found this to be an entertaining and surprisingly unpredictable read. I'll be keeping my eye out for the next AB+T novel.
Andrea Nair
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
As a mother of two young children, I think the best compliment I can give A BEAUTIFUL HEIST, was that I finished reading it in two days. The quick-paced, intriguing plot-line had me fully hooked. I also liked the casual voice the author used to tell the story--the main character, Cat Montgomery, felt like "one of us."
Samantha
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was great. It was fun to read and offered a little bit of everything. Romance, suspense, mystery, money trouble, over baring parents, and a jewel thief!! I had a hard time getting into this book to start but once I got over that I was sucked right in. I so look forward to the next Ab&T!!
Michele Holmes
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hi, I just finished reading your first book A Beautiful Heist and just have to say I really enjoyed it. I couldn't for the life of me put it down, as it is that good and had me glued to the end. It not only has the romance that every woman wants but it is also an intellectual suspense thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat Can't wait to read your next AB&T instalment. ...more
Anna
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't usually read mystery genres, but thought I would try this one to support a Canadian author that I follow on the Yummy Mummy website. It was a fun read and I think this book would make a great movie! It is also a great idea to read this right before taking a trip to Seattle, which is what my husband and I were planning to do right before I read this!
Lacey Black
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oceans Eleven meets Entrapment! I loved it! This isn't the usual type of book I read, but I'm glad I did! Cat is a jewel thief and a damn good one. This book is funny, dramatic, and keeps you turning the pages. I loved the humor of the characters, the plot twists, and the ending. I will definitely find out what happens next for Cat & Jack. ...more
Melissa
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had so much fun reading A Beautiful Heist! A modern heist story that, refreshingly, has a woman as its main character. An ethical thief? And an agency of thieves? Great ideas that make this story stand out from the others. I'm looking forward to the next one in the series!
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
Fun, if a bit rushed the last 10%. An enjoyable, convoluted and action-packed caper.

Review to come.
Karma
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a fun, breezy, fast-paced read, great for a beach vacation or a day on the dock at the cottage!
Paula
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I was captivated right from the start and couldn't put it down. Just wish it was a longer book. Looking forward to Kim's next book!
Blue Falcon
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
This review is of “A Beautiful Heist”, book #1 in the “Agency of Burglary & Theft” series by Kim Foster.

The story: In Seattle, Washington, a woman named Catherine “Cat” Montgomery, the heroine of the book, is performing her job. Cat is a thief, working for an organization called Anderson, Bradford & Taylor, or at least, that’s it’s outside name. The organization is colloquially known as the Agency of Burglary & Theft, a group of high-end thieves. Her current mission: steal a diamond ring. Cat s
Marsha Gephart
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very fond of trilogies, this one was really good. Loved the characters and the heists. Kept me turning the pages.
Mike
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good summer escapist read. Caper is interesting and characters engaging. Fun, light read.
Kristi Davis
Jun 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 20% although it wasn't super horrible, I was just very bored. I might want to come back at some point... but I really didn't like the MC very much. It bounced around a lot.
Susan
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Cat Montgomery has a special talent and that is stealing things. She has been involved with Jack an FBI agent in the past and their paths will cross once more.
Sam
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
I really liked the opening chapters of this book. The plotting was fabulous and the character's voice was great. Sarcastic and confident. She is in the middle of a theft and it's interesting seeing how she works. The plot moves along at a fairly good pace and I liked the planning and precision of her jobs. There was also enough imperfection for it not to feel too unrealistic.

I also liked the characters, for the most part. I really liked Jack. His character was developed well and I could relate t
« previous 1 3 next »
New Adult Book Club: #157 - A Beautiful Heist by Kim Foster 20 89 Mar 30, 2014 01:51PM

• Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)
  • The Cabinet of Curiosities (Pendergast, #3)
  • The Lock Artist
  • The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)
  • I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)
  • Shadow Woman
  • Sniper's Nest (Detective Jesse McCord #1)
  • Good Cop Bad Cop (Maggie Delaney Police Thriller Book 2)
  • An Affair of Poisons
  • The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles, #2)
  • The Girl with the Iron Touch (Steampunk Chronicles, #3)
  • The Girl with the Windup Heart (Steampunk Chronicles, #4)
  • Heir to the Sky
  • The Chaos of Stars
  • Relic (Pendergast, #1)
  • Gray Mountain
  • Escape from Danger (Wesson and Sloan FBI Thriller #1)
Kim Foster writes YA and adult books about thieves, spies, and assassins. Her YA debut GAME OF SECRETS will be out in Fall 2017 and is a historical fantasy—a spy thriller set in an alternate Victorian world. Prior to becoming a writer, Kim went to medical school and practiced as a family doctor (don’t worry; it doesn’t make much sense to her friends and family, either).

Kim lives with her husband

Agency of Burglary & Theft (3 books)
  • A Magnificent Crime (Agency of Burglary & Theft, #2)
  • A Brilliant Deception (Agency of Burglary & Theft, #3)