Start by marking “Geoducks Are for Lovers (Modern Love Story, #2)” as Want to Read:
Geoducks Are for Lovers (Modern Love Story, #2)

Geoducks Are for Lovers

(Modern Love Story #2)

#1 Humorous Women's Fiction Bestseller
Barnes & Noble Top 10 Bestseller
Amazon Top 100 Bestseller
Top 20 Bestselling Romantic Comedy

A second chance at a first crush.

When I met my best friends in college, the lives ahead of us felt infinite and charmed. Twenty years later, divorced and living on a quiet island with my dog, I’m all too aware of how fleeting life is. With
Published May 15th 2013 by Daisy Prescott (first published May 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Geoducks Are for Lovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Geoducks Are for Lovers

Dee Montoya
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Lovely Stars*****

---Re-read on Feb 2016---
Reading this book for a second time just made me fall in love all over again for these amazing characters. Reading my previous review, I realized that I still felt all the same emotions again, but elevating that to about 100 levels more. This is such a wonderful story and I can't wait to re-read it again. <3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know that feeling you get when eating a piece of your favorite
Krysten
I am a little confused. How did this book get so many 4- and 5-star ratings?

Okay, so it's not awful. It just isn't as wonderful as most reviewers seem to think it is, for the following reasons (written in the style of the book's opening).

1. It starts out with a to-do list. A TO-DO LIST, for crying out loud. Gee, what a hook. I don't even want to read my own to-do lists, let alone someone else's.

2. It's written in present tense. I cannot stand books written in present tense. It just feels awkwar
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Lady Heather
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chick lit, friends to lovers, contemporary

This was a really good read.
The depth of the characters, and the writing (particularly the dialogue) was amazing.
I really enjoyed the cast of characters in this wonderful ensemble of people who met in college, and have remained friends for over 20 years.

Over a period of 4 days the reader is taken on a journey of getting to know the characters, and we get to see snippets of who they were in college then who they've become today.
We also get to witness how their relationships have change
Carolamex
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I've read a book like this. Lately, it's all about YA and new loves and starting life. But Geoducks it's about second chances, about real life and friendships and letting go and giving yourself permission to love again. I am also thrilled to read about people I have a lot of things in common with! I hade many moments of chuckling and laughing out load recalling our younger years and reading references to those!
This is a simple beautiful story about a woman who has built
KatLynne
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to KatLynne by: Lady Heather
... "I think life is better when you have love. Not a friendly neighbor or old friends kind of love either, but a love that causes your heart to race and your toes to curl."...

This book came under my radar through my friend, Heather. Loving a small town setting and especially one occurring on an island, I was anxious to give this a try. It wasn’t long before I found myself absorbed in Maggie’s journey.

While the past few years have been difficult, Maggie now finds contentment in her surrounding
Sara
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-reads
No one starts reading a book not expecting to like it. Unfortunately, that happened. I was bored while reading and that makes me sad. :(

You know when there's a group of friends who have this shared history and a newcomer tries to join that group but because of the history of the group, the newcomer never quite fits in? As a reader, I feel like that newcomer to this close knit group of friends.

Sure it's sweet and cute. It's also sentimental. Maggie and Gil just fell flat for me. Maybe their acti
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
It seems silly to call this a 'coming of age' story but it is just that.

A group of friends in their early 40's meet up for a weekend at the beach. For two of them this is a chance to explore/rekindle what could have been all those years ago.

They are all at different stages in their lives now, some are still single, some are married and some divorced.

Everything that has happened in the past 20 years has shaped who they are now.

I loved this!
Vilma Iris
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
description

“We’re going to have a blast. It will be like The Big Chill without Kevin Costner and with better music.”

A lovely glass of red wine. A hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning. The smell of the ocean and the feel of cool sand on your toes. The smell of freshly baked scones. The laughter of friends that evokes the feeling of home, the warmth of unbreakable love. That’s this story. It’s all that goodness embedded into the pages of this book, both literally and figuratively. I felt happy, at
Risbee
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'll be the first to admit that I read a disproportionate amount of YA and New Adult books -- mostly because books are my escape from real life and why would I want to read about the same problems that I have on a daily basis? But every now and then a book about those of us in the "not so new Adult" age range catches my eye and that is what happened with Geoducks Are For Lovers.

I had seen a few tweets about it while author stalking doing some blog promoting on Twitter and I was intrigued...espec
Deniz
4.5stars

I loved EVERYTHING about this one.
The interaction between the friends...
the story line - though i got a tad bit annoyed at times with some characters...
the setting. Just added it on my bucket list
the whole nineties vibes- i am of the grunge generation after all
the writing style- Prescott did pace things just right, the smut is hot and the scenery is beautifully described, emotions are so well conveyed that i felt with each and every one of them

A character driven 'real' love story. I f
Stacey is Sassy
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What are Geoducks?

I had absolutely no idea what a Geoducks was until now. This was a love story with a long history between the H and h. I was a little frustrated with Maggie and can't say I was a huge fan of hers. Gil on the other hand was lovely and I really wanted a HEA for him.

Nice and sweet story. Will maybe read the next one soon.
Miz
Oh I found myself tuning in and out of this novel. It was a cosy romance that maybe if I was lying on a beach I would have enjoyed more. But I wanted more spice and intrigue.
Chiara
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: may, adult, romance
3.5 STARS
 Lori (Ficwishes)
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was such a refreshing change from the books I've been reading lately. Maggie Marrion is a 40-something year old woman living on her own after divorce, the death of her father, and the illness and then 2 years ago, the death of her mother.

Living on the island in the house that has been passed down through her family, Maggie is finally starting to feel accepted and at peace with her life. She has established a routine and she and her dog, Biscuit have made a few friends in the area.

She i
cosmogirl7481
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I need to be upfront about the fact that I know the author, she's my friend and a wonderful, wonderful person. With that being said, I also need to say that I would have loved this book regardless.

I read a lot. And y'all know, I love romance. Well, this is a romance. But it's not about the fluttering feelings of first kisses and young love. It's about how even when you're older, even when you're slightly jaded and closed off, finding love again can cause just as many flutters and feels as any n
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Where is Daisy Prescott? I need to give her a hug. FINALLY a great romance that's not about 20 year old kids fresh out of college or high school, no first loves, losing virginities and dealing with new careers. And I love the genre, I do. But every now and then reading an adult romance novel is so refreshing and sweet.
In Geoducks, we have a group of college friends facing their 20 year reunion. They meet up for a weekend of catching up prior to the scheduled reunion, and an old flame of Maggie (
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
First of all, I implore you guys to go google some images of geoducks. Done? You're welcome. There are some things that once seen can sadly never be "un-seen".

On to the book. Loved it. Stayed up way past my bedtime reading it. How great is it to read a HAE romance with two adults? Awesome, that's how. There are no virgins who turn out to be multi-orgasmic from their first sexual encounter, no insane alpha males beating other guys up. This is a straight up romance about two 40 somethings who want
Beverly
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sweet-lovely
I Loved the book from beginning to end.

It was fun and light!

Cute story.

photo tumblr_mzavmxI8hP1qly3wvo8_r1_250_zps939e39fc.gif

Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I should begin this review by mentioning that I first met Daisy Prescott online three years ago. We were introduced when she read and reviewed a story written by my husband and in the years since we’ve become friends. I’ve enjoyed discussing several stories and authors with her and I’ve also read stories she’s edited for mutual author friends. I’ve always thought highly of Daisy. She’s kind, intelligent and has a sharp sense of humor; so when I heard she was going to publish a book of her own, I ...more
Dympna
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review to be posted soon on http://TheSubClubBooks.com

“Growing up and growing old don’t need to be the same thing.”

Life can take its toll on us; the choices we made good or bad, the things we said or left unspoken and the opportunities we embraced or that eluded us. The all affect who we are today. But what if all these things lead us to be afraid to take a chance, isolating ourselves from all that can cause us more pain? What if we were became isolated by choice, happy to pass the days by in
Beth
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Charming and Thought-Provoking Read on Lasting Friendships and Second Chance Romance

Geoducks are for Lovers, the first book in the Modern Love Stories series by Daisy Prescott, is lovely work of fiction that highlights the staying power of lasting friendships and shows how taking a chance on romance the second time around can be even better.

The main character, Maggie, invites her college friends to her home for a twentieth pre-reunion get together on Whidbey Island to have fun and reminisce o
Livia
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance junkies
Recommended to Livia by: Daisy Prescott
“I’m not waiting another twenty-two years.” ~Gil
Writing style: 3rd person POV
Cover/chapter heading design shout-out: I like the purple color for the font and the beachy feel to it. I also like the shell design for the chapter headings.
Minor spoilers alert!!!

I am so glad I found out about the group readalong for this novel which had been sitting in my TBR e-book collection for almost a year. I got to know these characters a short time before when I read their prequel novel, We Were He
Jess
May 28, 2013 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was a refreshing change from all the young and new adult romances that have flooded the market.

Maggie, a forty something divorcee, lives on Whidbey Island and has been digging herself out from under a pile of grief and loss. When her college friends come to visit in anticipation of their twentieth reunion, a surprise guest comes along with them: Gil.

Gill Morrow is probably my favorite character in this book (well, there's Quinn, the requisite gay bestie who I adore
Rebecca Wheeler
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars! I really enjoyed this!! This was a buddy read with friends, I've had this for ages, and what great encouragement to start it!!
This is a slow burn, old-school romance between Forty-something's getting together at Maggie's beach house just before their 20 year College reunion. A pre-reunion, reunion! Best friends catching up, great food, lots of drinking, an abundance of laugh out loud 90's references in their reminiscing.
My buddy read friends and I had so much fun laughing over this!
Bethany
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nostalgia
"What happens when the generation from The Breakfast Club and Reality Bites meets The Big Chill?" I will tell you...you will get a breath of fresh air.
I love friend banter and this group has plenty of it. I felt like an additional member snooping in on their weekend. Maggie & Gil have the awkward love found, love lost and love found again aura going and add in feisty one liners from Quinn & Selah and you have a pretty fun group, one I can see myself being friends with and doing the same
Erika
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
So. I didn't despise this book, but man did I ever not care for it. At all. It was slow, I did not connect with the characters at all and the ending was so anti-climactic that it wasn't funny. I won't even get started on the 3rd person writing. I never knew how much I loathed 3rd person POV's until this book. I hate it. Hate, hate, hate. Is that petty? Yes it is, without a doubt. I just can't, though. I can't do it.

On a postive note though, despite disliking the actual characters, I really want
La Mala ✌
Jun 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Tengo debilidad por las historias de amor entre gente mayor de cuarenta.
Beyond the Squee
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gift-from-author
This debut novel is available now!

Food writer Maggie Marrion is just getting back on her feet after a horrible year, or two, or three. With their twentieth reunion approaching, she invites four of her closest friends from college for a weekend at her beach cabin on Whidbey Island. What she doesn’t expect is her best friends, artist Quinn Dayton and part-time erotica novelist, Selah Elmore, to play matchmaker. The two plot a surprise that will make the weekend, and her life, a lot more interestin
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
This book was sweet, romantic and fun with Maggie and her college friends reuniting after not seeing each other for several years. Maggie has spent the last several years after her mothers death alone on Whidbey Island in Washington where she works as a food blogger. She learns that her old flame Gil will be spending the weekend with at her place also. After hooking up with Gil once in college she freaked the hell out and ran to France for her semester abroad leaving him heartbroken. He was dete ...more
  • For Internal Use Only
  • Animate Me
  • Lady: Impossible
  • A Prior Engagement
  • Cocktail Hour
  • Mountain Charm (Appalachian Hearts, #2)
  • More than Rivals
  • Exposure
  • Getting the Important Things Right
  • The One Girl (The One Series, #2)
  • Saving Saffron Sweeting
  • The Girl with the Cat Tattoo (Cool Cats, #1)
  • Accidentally Yours
  • How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love With You (How to Survive High School)
  • By a Thread (By a Thread, #1)
  • Sealed with a Kiss
  • The Last Place She'd Look
  • Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)
Keep in touch with me!

Sign up for my mailing list here (copy and paste this link): http://smarturl.it/daisysignup

Or find me on Twitter (@daisy_prescott), Facebook /daisyprescottauthorpage, or Instagram /daisyprescott.

USA Today Bestselling author Daisy Prescott lives in a real life Stars Hollow in the Boston suburbs with her husband and an indeterminate number of imaginary housegoats. When not wr

Modern Love Story (4 books)
  • We Were Here (Modern Love Stories, #1)
  • Wanderlust (Modern Love Story, #3)
  • Happily Ever Now (Modern Love Story, #4)
“You always were a Left Coast girl even when you lived back East,” Selah says from her lounger next to Jo. “You can try to take the girl out of the Pacific Northwest, but you can’t take the… you know…” she fades out with a wave of her hand. “Ryan,” 1 likes
“I think you know I love you. Not past tense, not friendly love. Love. Love that lassoes the moon and lays it at your feet.” 0 likes