Start by marking “Redemption (Sempre, #2)” as Want to Read:
Redemption (Sempre, #2)

Redemption

(Sempre #2)

In this thrilling and sexy follow-up to Sempre, two young lovers struggle to keep their relationship intact after they become deeply enmeshed in the dangerous mafia-run crime ring they once tried to overthrow.

Haven Antonelli and Carmine DeMarco have been through a lot. Haven was taken in by Carmine’s father, and with his family’s help, she escaped a gruesome fate. However,
Published December 16th 2013 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Redemption, please sign up.
Sunny ✨wordslikefury✨ You should probably read the first one. You will not really have a sense of the characters if you don't. You need to understand their past to…moreYou should probably read the first one. You will not really have a sense of the characters if you don't. You need to understand their past to understand this book. (less)

Aestas Book Blog
May 17, 2013 rated it liked it

Being honest sucks.

This is definitely going to be one of the most painful reviews I have ever written :(

Let me start out by saying that I absolutely  adored the first book, Sempre, and still stand by the fact that it is one of my all-time favorite books. For me, it was a 5-star read. It was different, unique, thrilling, sexy. It made my heart race, kept me connected and took me on a reading journey unlike any other I'd ever been on. Needless to say, Sempre: Redemption was one of my most highly
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
10 EFFING LOVED IT STARS!!!

10 photo NHuJ8_zps1ea08e92.gif

Re-fucking-demption
What a great name for this wonderful finale to the love story of Haven and Carmine. I mean it couldn't have ended any better for me. I have been highly, I mean highly anticipating this book….I saw it was available for ARC from Edelweiss and I swear I couldn't click it fast enough…..

I don't want to spoil this book for anyone so this is the best review I can do for now since I can’t use quotes because the book has not been released yet but if you en
Pearl Angeli
"What do you do when the thing you want most suddenly feels like it's beyond your fingertips?"

5 stars will never be enough for this book.

I still can't believe how this series ended in such a beautiful, satisfying, and all-consuming fashion. This is absolutely one of the riveting series-enders I've read so far-- one that will stay glued in my mind forever.

In this second and final book of Sempre duology, Carmine and Haven's life totally changed. Both of them were forced to separate and go in
Jasmine
5 TESORO STARS! ★★★★★

After having Sempre ripping my heart into pieces, I wasn't sure if I was ready to read this one. But once again, JM Darhower excels in what she does and left me in a mega puddle of feels as she obliterated my heart.

Sempre: Redemption follows up right after the events in Sempre, having Carmine & Haven dealing with the consequences; their future being a haze of blur and filled
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
Over Spring Break I listened to this audio and the whole time I kept thinking, “WHY DID I WAIT TO READ THIS ONE.” Then I’d remember ‘that review' I read where it informed me of something I don’t like in books. Plus 'that review' had lesser than stellar stars… Yea, I’m a fool. I should have known that I would love this book based off of my love of this author’s other work.

In 2013 I read Sempre (review) and loved it! Then when MADE (review) came out in 2014 I read that one and it was my favorite
Christy
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5-4ish stars

photo e4d39c02-187a-46d1-ad61-93c55e6ef63b_zps71ba3321.jpg

Sempre, the first book in this series, is one of the best books I read last year. It was captivating, heartbreaking, and it just blew me away. I would love to say that this book blew me away like the first, but it just missed the mark for me.

Carmine and Haven come from two different worlds, but they have more in common then they ever thought possible. They are both tied to this world they don’t want to be a part of.

Haven
 photo ceec552f-e5e3-4e97-b2ee-51b633bf2600_zps2da03106.jpg

Carmine
 photo 27ba44e5-68ca-4248-b5d4-435ce711b80d_zps5680f7d0.jpg

They are so in love. Things were perfect for them,
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
5 STARS!! What an EPIC, thrilling, exquisitely passionate, stunning, and unforgettable conclusion to Carmine and Haven’s story!!

It’s time.

Reunite with our young lovers

description

This story is all about second chances, sacrifice, forgiveness, redemption , and finding your path. Both Carmine and Haven are struggling with the aftermath of the events in Chicago. Though they can’t change their past nor predict what will happen in the future, they are sure of one thing, and that’s their love for one another.

Kristen
3 1/2 to 4 Stars

I loved the first book, Sempre, with all my heart and was so excited to read its follow up, Sempre: Redemption.

Sempre: Redemption is an intense and superbly written story, but the main couple spent 65% of this book apart. Because of that, I just couldn't give it a higher rating.

That said, I loved so much about this captivating, heartbreaking yet heartwarming story. I especially loved getting Corrado's point-of-veiw throughout the book, and I LOVED the ending. It was amazing!
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
God, this book made me cried like a baby... It was beautiful! I loved it so much... And that phenomenal epilogue. Ugh what can I say more? J.M.Darhower, I fucking love you woman!!! You're amazing. Thank you very much for this wonderful books... I'll never forget Haven & Carmine's story... Thank you! :)

"Your heart," she whispered. "It's racing."
"You feel it?" he asked. "You hear it?"
"Yes."
"What's it saying?"
She smiled, her eyes fluttering closed. "It's saying you love me."
"I do," he said. "N
Lucia
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars-read
SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:

My Haven and Carmine:

The world of mafia and loyalty to La Famiglia does not mix well with the love and emotions. Will be Carmine and Haven be able to survive the roughness of La Cosa Nostra?

I cried, I swooned, I laughed, I mourned, I was moment from heart attack... This book is pure brilliance and more than worthy sequel to Sempre!

I thought that I couldn't love and admire characters from previous instalment more that I did and I was most certainly wrong. I was inspired by Hav
✿kawehi.reviews
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
*Before you begin reading Sempre: Redemption, keep this song in mind for the book since the author personally picked it as Carmine's song and I couldn't agree more! (Pour Me by Hollywood Undead)*

"I’ll never change my mind, Not when it comes to you.”

description

The good: Solid, riveting, and consuming! I could not put it down! The plot, story line, and pacing were all carefully thought out and well-crafted and the characters were so dynamic and engaging! I literally laughed, cried, rejoiced, panicked, and
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
“He was her home. He always had been.”

description

A million, billion, trillion stars!

God. What an amazing story that was so beautifully and intricately threaded together - I have no words.

“Your heart," she whispered. "It's racing."
"You feel it?" he asked. "You hear it?"
"Yes."
"What's it saying?"
She smiled, her eyes fluttering closed. "It's saying you love me."
"I do," he said. "No matter what. Sempre.”

Just AMAZING. Epic. Incredible. I didn't want it to end!! I wish there was a time machine where I could j
Aleatha Romig
Let me start by saying, if I could give a thousand stars for this book and this series, I would!!!

I loved this journey. I refused to read any reviews or spoilers prior to reading Sempre Redemption. I LOVED Sempre and I couldn't wait to start Sempre Redemption! I'm so glad I didn't let anything spoil this for me.

I must admit, I fell in love with Corrado! He is an amazing, multilayered character! That said, I believe that JM Darhower took this story EXACTLY where it needed to go.

Sometimes people
Svetlana
"Sometimes I lose perspective, but it helps to stop and look around. I may not have it all, but I have more than enough. And enough, it seems, is more than most have."

I love that.

My emotions were all over the place with this one. I didn't expect those turn of events. Never saw them coming. I even cried! At one point, I was shaking my head saying "no no no this can't be happening!" because I just couldn't believe what I was reading. The author made me FEEL man. Just broke my heart. But this was
Jeanne
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing

"What do you do when the thing you want the most suddenly feels like it's beyond your fingertips?"

Sempre : Redemption picks up where Sempre ends, and is really the second half of this intense, emotional story. At the end of Sempre, I had this feeling of impending doom, and many questions were left unanswered, problems unresolved. I thought J.M. Darhower did an impressive job of concluding the story here. These were very complex, multi-layered characters that kept me both interested and fascinate
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SEMPRE: REDEMPTION Dual Review for Reality Bites! Let’s Get Lost!
4 STARS

’The button had been pushed. The nuclear bomb had been ignited. Their fragile bubble of contentment was about to fucking explode.’

Becky - Sempre Redemption centers around Carmine's struggles to adjust to his new life in the Mafia. Needless to say, it is not an easy transition for him. He turns to alcohol and drugs to deal with the things he has seen and done. But the highs only last so long and they are only hurting him mor
Vanessa
10++ The Most Beautiful Tragedy Stars!!!

This book, and entire series, are friggin AWESOME!!!!

photo 6d0506e5-25d9-434d-bb85-866d6e4788d4_zpswfhdvzip.png

My Castings for Carmine and Haven:
 photo Sempre_zps07911a05.jpg

"This boy— this stubborn, selfless, stupid boy— had given himself to the Mafia. He had handed control of his future over to the men they hated most in exchange for her life. For her safety . And he had done it so easily, so quickly, like he didn’t have to think about it at a
Jacqueline's Reads
May 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
It may not be as good as the first book, it's still a satisfying conclusion for Carmine DeMarco and Haven Antonelli. What a long journey filled with roller coaster of emotions.

It's heartbreaking to see these two parted ways as Carmine pledge to enter the dangerous world of Mafia while Haven goes to New York where she can live independently, can freely go to College to enhance her artistic skills like normal people do. Both are miserable and empty without each other's company. Their deep love fo
Catarina
4 Redeeming Stars!

description

After everything they’ve been through the first book Carmine and Haven are still not at ease.
With the dark shadow of Carmine’s loyalty vote to the Mafia in the first book and Haven’s past sill beside them, they can’t rest and put everything behind.
The true tests to their love and to their relationship are just beginning and in the end they must decide where their loyalty really resides.
To one another… or to the world they once come from?

description

This was a pretty good book. Haven w
Reanell Tisdale
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this series. Wanna know what I love most about this series. Corrado. And guess what? He's next! Whoop! Whoop!
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

3.5 CARMINE STARS

" Ascoltare il tuo cuore. Listen to your heart"

photo 2138a7d62c36cb9ffc2f7fce257646bf.jpg

This is gonna be another difficult for me to write....As I freaking loved Sempre, and this book is total opposite!

photo wnI0ang.gif

The story picks up with Carmine and Haven celebrating Christmas together and having a very sweet moment. But that happiness was short lived, Carmine has duties and started moving into dark............. my heart broken!

photo maggieasviolet_zpsd72cecea.gif

After that, everything became depressing! I can't say how depressing this book was. I feel there wa
S.M. West
4 Tesoro STARS

Carmine and Haven hold a special place in my heart.

Carmine Marcello DeMarco
 photo Carmine_zpsdc18668a.jpg

Haven Antonelli

photo Haven_zps2976fae7.jpg

Sempre was one of my favourites of 2012. Their story just blew me away and made me feel SO MUCH.

It was like a beautiful love story wrapped around a fast-paced, action-packed mafia saga.

I was thrilled to learn that Ms. Darhower was not finished with their story and that she was also going to write about Corrado Moretti: a man whose one look would chill your spine with fear

and scorch you la
Grecia Robles
***4.5 Carmine mio bel ragazzo STARS ***

You feel it?” he asked. “You hear it?” “Yes.” “What’s it saying?” She smiled, her eyes fluttering closed. “It’s saying you love me.” “I do,” he said. “No matter what. Sempre.” That word washed through her. “Sempre.

Me provocó mil feelings que hasta quedé agotada emocionalmente. J.M. Darhower hace MAGIA poco autores provocan tantos sentimientos en mí y ella lo ha logrado, así que definitivamente pasó a a mi top de autores favoritos. Tiene una escritura
Vina
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it

“Bellissima, I'd stop time for you. I'd give you the moon and the stars; I'd learn to defy gravity. There's nothing I wouldn't do, nobody I wouldn't kill, if you asked me to. If you needed me to”

It could have been an easy 5 stars if it was just for Corrado . I love the others, including Vincent. But I cannot but help rooting for Corrado at every turn.At some point I've found the main characters pointless, but they indirectly made the side characters who they were.
M. ~ B&B

What's black and white and red all over?

Sempre is. Sempre is black and white, but grey too. It's black that appears to be white and white that appears to be black. It's black and white mixed together and a chance at redemption. Sempre is one of those stories that makes you think about life, about the people, about destiny and what's meant to be. What makes us who we are and what changes us into who we were supposed to be. There's no such thing as coincidence and Sempre is fate in its purest
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Aug 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
3 stars

photo BF80929A-9274-4921-8FCF-93308EEEEEB0_zps7qpqpppt.jpg

With the sacrifice Carmine made for Haven, this sequel was really difficult to read.

The destructive path Carmine was heading down was just depressing. It wouldn't have been so bad if there was more romance but it probably only took up 20-30% of the book.

No matter what. Sempre

I was disappointed in Carmine. Haven's college life felt unncessary. The attention was more centred around Carmine's uncle.

There was plenty of gasp moments, and mafia/action loving readers will love this. Unfo
~IreneOust~

R.I.P. (Spoiler Alert) 4 138 Dec 24, 2014 03:11PM
♥ BR ♥: Sempre Redemption br 49 23 Nov 17, 2014 08:42AM
Books with a couple like Corrado and Celia 2 54 Jun 01, 2014 09:35AM
Buddy Read Zone: Sempre: Redemption 12/16/2013 571 72 Dec 24, 2013 03:38AM

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Scare Crow (Crow's Row, #2)
  • All the Pieces (Pieces of Lies, #3)
  • Awakening the Mobster (Mobster, #2)
  • Return to Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #2)
  • Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
  • Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden, #3)
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • Running Barefoot
  • The Devil's Son (The Devil's Eyes, #3)
  • Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3)
  • His Wounded Light (The Light in the Wound, #2)
  • Associates (Alfonzo, #9)
  • Unforgivable (Untouchable, #2)
  • Dissolution (Breach, #1.5)
  • Dusty

Sempre (2 books)
  • Sempre (Sempre, #1)
“You’re not asking me to choose you. There’s no choice about it. It’s always been you. Your father once told me that we always have a choice, but I think he was wrong. I think sometimes things choose us. It’s like with breathing. It’s natural. It’s a part of us. It just happens. We can hold our breath and try not to breathe anymore, and it’ll work for a few minutes, but we’ll eventually pass out and nature takes over. We can’t just not breathe, just like I can’t just not love you.” 31 likes
“Yes, you see, there’s no such thing as coincidence. There are no accidents in life. Everything that happens is the result of a calculated move that leads us to where we are.” 29 likes