Start by marking “The Last Observer: A Magical Battle for reality” as Want to Read:
The Last Observer: A Magical Battle for reality

The Last Observer: A Magical Battle for reality

The Last Observer is a compelling tale of magic, alternative realities, murder and conflict. An ordinary man is abruptly dragged into the middle of a violent struggle between black and white magicians who both seek to use his extraordinary powers of imagination and observation. He soon learns that reality is not at all what it seems before being called upon to play a ...more
Published August 30th 2013 by Roundfire

To ask other readers questions about The Last Observer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Observer

Start your review of The Last Observer: A Magical Battle for reality
G. Vasey
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Here are five reviews...

For some time now I have been thinking about reviewing books, but never quite managed to start doing so. All that has changed following my receiving a review copy of a forthcoming book. "The Last Observer" is an amazingly absorbing story about the nature of reality and it's manipulation. It focuses on Stan, a man who finds the world he can create in his head is far more satisfying than the mundane world we all live in, and how he gets drawn into a dangerous world where
Alienora Taylor
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
‘The Last Observer’ by Dr G. Michael Vasey
Review by Alienora Taylor

Read at a gallop, this slim racehorse of a novel impressed me enormously with its speed and performance. I was unable to halt the literary ‘ride’ – and nor, in all honesty, did I wish to!
Dr Vasey plays with the conventional understanding of the word ‘observer’ to create a very different ‘tune’, one which contains within it the ability – inherent within most esoteric training – to affect reality through the medium of the
Deborah Lloyd
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The title is just as intriguing as the entire book! Written as a novel, there is a great deal of content dealing with quantum physics, magic and reality. The story itself is engaging, with believable characters. There are many twists and turns, in a world of black magic, and white magic. I am still pondering the surprising ending, and I will read this book again soon.
Sue Vincent
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How would you feel if the reality you knew as intimately as your own thoughts was suddenly brought into question? If, in fact, you became aware that the two were inextricably linked, not just within the confines of your imagination, but in actuality? And if you could begin to understand this strange, unsettling concept, what would you do when it was borne upon you that someone wanted to hijack that reality, twisting it for their own ends and putting more at risk than your life?

Such is the
Edain Duguay
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review
The Last Observer
Dr. G. Michael Vasey.

The Last Observer is a relatively small book with only 112 pages, but it’s an intriguing and fast paced mixture of ceremonial magic, quantum physics and murder mystery.
In essence, our protagonist is Stan, a mild manner bookworm who works to feed his all encompassing habit of books. He is the reluctant hero of this tale and one I think many bookworms can associate with. The story is set in Britain and, of course, the meeting between two of the main
Rosie Amber
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Last Observer is a short novel written around the different schools of thought which revolve around the universe. Science versus magical manifestation.

Edward Bright has been collecting data on unsolved crimes relating to suspicious deaths of people with magical abilities. Edward is a magician himself and believes he's found the next victim.

Stan lives alone and loves his books. He gets absorbed in reading and has a great imagination which at times he's put to good use when he finds a
Nimue Brown
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a fast paced, twisty, action-laden adventure, underpinned by a magical realism those interested in things occult will find familiar. It is a delight to encounter writing in the Dion Fortune tradition, drawing on actual magical practice and ideas, rather than being just escapist fantasy.

Avid reader Stan is thrown unexpectedly into a world of real magicians, and told his life may be in danger. It’s a steep learning curve just to stay alive, and far more than Stan’s existence is at stake
Stephen John
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the moment I started it. For those who have experience in working with the Western Esoteric Tradition you will recognize that Mr. Vasey is speaking from authority. For this who have eyes to see and ears to hear, there are hidden gems of ancient wisdom to be found through out the book.
And, for those who just like a good ride there are thrills aplenty.
Do yourself a favor and take the time to read and enjoy Mr. Vasey's writing.
Rachel Patterson
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A story of magic...dark and light...one of intrigue, murder and suspense. The author weaves real magic and mystery into this page turning mystery. A very good read.
Joselyn  Raquel Moreno Burke
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator or publisher.

Loved it so much, im pretty bad with science and stuff but this story compelled me to know so much more, it was so well balanced and explained I didnt got lost or anything.

the theme was extraordinary and the characters were so well developed I really want to hear this one over and over again.

it truly makes you think a lot about our reality and how it changes with every decision we make along the way
Brienne Dubh
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review from website Escapology Reviews
escapologyreviews.com

I received a copy of this for review.

Well this was an interesting book with magic and murder on the streets of London.

We meet Stan who is a loner that enjoys reading his books and living in his own imagination. Stan receives a cryptic phone call from a man named Edward telling him he is in danger. Edward has been putting together a file on the unsolved murders of people who he suspects are magicians. Edward is also a magician but dose
George Krompacky
Oct 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
This short book has some of the worst dialogue I have ever read in my life. It's almost worth the .99 cents to be able to read it out loud and wonder does anyone actually talk like this? But of course the answer is "no."

In contrast to reviewers' assertions, it is neither fast-paced nor surprising. The plot is as thin as the page count. Unless you were hatched out of an egg last Thursday, it will not challenge any ideas you have about the nature of reality--not if you've seen The Matrix, Being
Paul Simpson
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Maybe I shouldn't have read the reviews on Amazon and Goodreads after reading the Last Observer. I had to go back and read it again to make sure I had read the same book.

After a second reading, I still can’t bring myself to agree with either the five star reviews or the one and two star reviews. And that is the beauty of the written word – just as the author provides the platform, the reader adjusts their own interpretation from their own perspective.

The Last Observer is actually a highly
Federica
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
The story is about reality, science, magic, both black and white, and the role of one man that will tilt the scale with his abilities.
For the first few pages I was not sure if I liked the book or not, but I continued reading it and found it really intriguing. It is definitely not an easy reading but I don't mean it in a negative way, it's just a type of book that require your full attention.
It is different from the story related to magic that I've been reading so far and I enjoyed it.
Paul Hilton
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
With the Devil Rides Out, Dennis Wheatley thrilled the world and introduced occult fiction and with the amazing The Last Observer Dr Vasey has taken over the mantle. A thoughtful and well written book.
I can't to return to this new genre of occult\science fiction.
Keep up the goodd work Dr Vasey,
Jun 05, 2013
Lfvaseygmail.com
Oct 01, 2013
Reviews 1 8 Aug 07, 2013 01:48PM
With over 40 books in print, Gary is an established author with notable contributions in the areas of the paranormal (including several #1 best sellers in the Supernatural category), metaphysics, poetry, and business. He is also a collector of strange stories at My Haunted Life Too. In 2016, he resumed his interest in music and released an album of self-penned and self-performed songs called The ...more