Start by marking “One More Chance (Rosemary Beach, #8; Chance, #2)” as Want to Read:
One More Chance (Rosemary Beach, #8; Chance, #2)

One More Chance

(Rosemary Beach #8)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  26,907 Ratings  ·  1,966 Reviews
Grant Carter did everything in his power to convince Harlow Manning that he was a good guy. More than a smooth-talker and someone she could trust. He had to overcome his reputation as a playboy, and his history with Harlow's half-sister, Nan, a woman with a reputation of her own.

Harlow had taken the chance, falling hard and fast for the guy who thrilled her with his all-co
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 273 pages
Published September 2nd 2014 by Atria Books (first published August 11th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about One More Chance, please sign up.
Chandra I still don't like her and I won't read a book on her, if there is one.
Some people are better left as a villain in books, and she's one of them IMO.
DJ Absolutely! And the fact that they elude to him being sort of a male version of Nan, I can only imagine the sparks that will cause!

Christy
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it

4-4.5 redeeming stars!

photo 0ba97201-58eb-4d1c-8bf7-4cc568f47811_zps8c079036.jpg

So you didn’t love Grant’s first book? Join the club. After reading One More Chance, I can officially say that Abbi Glines has redeemed Grant’s first book for me. I have been a Grant fan since the first Rush book. He was one of my favorites in the Rosemary Beach series. But after reading his first book, I was over him. He did some things that really made me not like him. I had high hopes that Abbi could turn it around and make him my Grant again. And she did. I really enjo
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 21, 2013 marked it as to-read
WOOHOO!!! This is basically Grant book #2 :)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
Jun 16, 2013 marked it as not-yet-released
Grant's story book #1. Out, Winter 2013-14.

description

Now, that we have established that I WANT/NEED/ADORE a Grant book, I have one HUGE objection.

I really hope/pray that this won't Nan's book... I LOATHE THE INSANE BITCH!!!

So, to sum it up...

Grant/Nan:
description

Grant/(view spoiler) or ANY random girl

Natasha is a Book Junkie
 photo GLASSCASEOFEMOTION_zps9471a0c2.gif

“All my life, I’ve dreamed of having someone love me like you do.”

Loving every single book an author has ever written is daunting at times because you are always dreading that no story could ever match the quality of the last one. But book after book, Ms Glines keeps delivering such distinctive love stories, her trademark style recognisable from a mile, but each time injecting something new, something unexpected, something utterly addictive into these stories to keep us glued to our chairs
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
AND WE GET A TITLE!!!! :D :D :D

This is Forever Too Far's excerpt but oh boy!! Had to share it here too.

"Grant and Nan have had a thing for a while now. Nan finally screwed things up for the last time and its over. Rush didn't know about it"

My mouth dropped open as Dean's words sank in. Grant and Nan? Really?

"Shocked the hell outta me too. Didn't think that boy was stupid. Guess he learned the hard way just cause it's pretty doesn't mean it shines"

*going on roof tops and screaming;'I TOLD YOU SO
London

description

Title: One More Chance (Chance #2)
Series: yes
Author: Abbi Glines
Rating: I'd give it negative stars if I could
POV: Dual
HEA: (view spoiler)
Heat/Steam what the f*@ck ever

Triggers?
Cliffhanger: . No.
Intolerable Heroine .Yes.
Über Douchebagery .Yes.
Taboo Subject Matter .No.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)

THIS WHOLE SERIES HAS ME LIKE

Dear Harlow:: Just go k
Beverly
5 Redeeming Stars

This is the Grant I know and love.

One More Chance begins with Harlow and Grant still separated. It has been weeks since Harlow ran away, and Grant is still calling her daily and leaving voicemails.

I was immediately concerned about where things were going, I hate when I have to wait forever for my couple to finally get together. That wasn’t the case here, in my opinion they were separated for a justifiable amount of time.

Despite Harlow wanting to be with Grant, she knows that i
Fre06 Begum
Sep 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
Grant in my opinion is the worst male lead AG created his actions in the first book just made him look like an immature cheating wimp but in this one he was just.....bleh and Harlow was even more bleh seriously she kept going on about how he was such a strong man and how much she loved and respected him and all I could think was erm hello the guy slept with your sister after he treated u like shit when he found out about your illness but instead of making him really work to get u back u fall int ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
In Take A Chance, we got to learn a lot more about Grant and Harlow but not everything was good. And it ended with Harlow taking off and leaving Grant and Grant had been kind of a jerk. Now we get to find out if Grant can redeem himself and if Harlow will let him.

One of the things I love about this series is getting the dual POV's, otherwise, it just wouldn't work. We need to know what's happening with both Grant and Harlow and of course, there's a big secret keeping them apart.

Grant is pretty
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 01, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 ~ 3.75 Stars

“If we have a lifetime or only a few moments together, you will be the most important thing that ever happens to me in this life.”

description

Grant was a big fraidy cat in book one but I didn’t mind because it was believable for a guy to mess up with a great girl like he did. Going into this book two I was excited to see how this playboy/Nan’s bitch planned on redeeming himself.

”She was scared, and I had been worried about me and my fucking fears. How had I become so selfish? I had been t
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.5 second chance stars

“Love shouldn't make our choices for us; it should just add importance to our choices.”

photo onemorechancecollage.png

Well that was a nice angsty break from reality!

In One More Chance , Harlow gives Grant was he's been wishing for, the chance to get her back and prove he can be a man and keep her. There is only one giant problem... Harlow's pregnant and if she has the baby, she won't survive it due to a heart condition. Cue drama.

I read Ms. Glines books because they are fun, but her newest ones
Candace
After being a complete douche in 'Take A Chance', Grant redeems himself in 'One More Chance'. Thank goodness for that! This time around, Grant has replaced his selfishness and careless disregard for Harlow's feelings, with heartfelt gestures and sweetness. Harlow was sweet to begin with and she continued to be the endearing girl she always has been. However, there must be something in the air because even Nan showed a sensitive side...Yes, Nan.

To say the least, I enjoyed this book far more than
Rag
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 'better than the first book' Stars

photo image_zpsovgsewzc.jpg

“He thought I was the hero of our story. How wrong he was. He had been the hero all along.”

Better.Way better than Take a Chance it was far from perfect but it was better.

Grant and Harlow both may be two different peole but they are perfect for each other. I loved Grant in the Fallen series and I love him now. He is amazing. He cares deeply about Harlow.

“If you wake up and this is a dream, call me. I’ll come running. I swear,”

I don't want to talk about the s
Catarina
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Redeeming Stars!

If you haven’t read the previous books, there might be small spoilers.

In the end of the last book Harlow runs away, after Grant finding out her secret and having a bad reaction. Yeah, Grant kind of disappointed us but now that Harlow’s gone, he saw what a douchebag he was and just wants her back. He does everything in her power to have her back and forgive him. Harlow wants him too, but she is scared and she will not go to him until she’s sure they can work out.

But Harlow is
Geri Reads
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it

I felt Grant was able to redeem himself. Frankly, my problem with this book is not with him but with Harlow. She's one of the most boring, one-dimensional heroines ever. She's like Delia 2.0.

And I still don't like Nan. She better not get a book.
Alpha Possessive Heroes
Grant.. you effin pussy.. you fucked up really bad!
You better grovel.. like hard!

Cristina
In terms of comparing this with the first book then I'll say I liked this one better. Did I love it? No. But I kinda saw it coming. Truth is I never got over the fact Grant sleeping with Nan AFTER sleeping with Harlow. (Cheating is a hard-limit for me.)
Anyway, I sort of expected Harlow to give Grant a harder time before she gave in to him again. (He did say awful things to her before she left him.) Of course, soft-spoken timid Harlow doesn't protest much, in fact, she couldn't get to his arms
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 You're My World Stars!
(BR with Sharon, Jennifer, Bev & Tiffany)

photo e6e85f32-9827-4341-a8d8-69c0257d3e19.jpg

photo bcdd14c1-d476-45a7-a90b-cf1d302cf505.jpg

This book picks back up after Grant has learned Harlow's secret & he didn't react so well, and felt betrayed by her. His reaction to Harlow's news sends her running. She leaves and hides out with her brother Mase at his secluded log cabin.

photo 7c8afd02-5deb-488d-a3fd-cf95a55f26d0.jpg
 photo ea44269c-25b8-4453-8365-3a08d5a09af1.jpg

This leaves Grant devastated, and alone in Rosemary. He has no clue where Harlow ran off to, and just wants to talk to her so he can apologize & tell her how much he loves her.

photo 6c0c23c4-430f-49a9-916e-fd2469e609a6.jpg

A
Polly
My title for this book is:

"Not a Fucking Chance"

Hell no

Pearl Angeli
"My heart had always been weak, but loving Grant made it strong."

4 Stars!

Harlow is one lucky woman!

I swooned all over this book! I think One More Chance is better than Take a Chance because the development of the main characters here was greatly emphasized. Not to mention the emotionally-driven storyline which was loaded with tear-jerking drama.

So many things happened in this book and Grant and Harlow's relationship was tested big time! I became so emotional when Grant begged Harlow for one
L*Take Me To My HEA*
My rambling is all about Nan. Yes, that Nan...

Is it just me, Or am I really feeling sorry for Nan?

Here's a thing:

I can't remember a time when I didn't hate her when she was present in a page.
She's such a vindictive bitch to my eyes. The villain. Always.
And yet, with this book, Some unknown thing tugged at my heart.

(Please don't unfriend me for what I'm about to say)

She didn't have too many scenes with this book, but those small parts made a huge impact especially at the end.

A short thought
Maanne Almeda
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
I think this will be about the love triangle of Grant, Nan and Harlow though it will be more on Grant and Harlow's story. Harlow was introduced in Forever Too Far (the half sister of Nan with his father, Kiro) and there were Grant's and Harlow's point of views. In Forever Too Far, in the wedding of Blaire and Rush, in the point of views of Grant and Harlow, their strong connection with each other can be seen (similar with Blaire & Rush also with Della and Woods) also in the end of the last b ...more
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dear Abbi,

So here we are…again. Corresponding after the completion of one of your books….again. A book for which I have but one very important thing to say.

I. WAS. RIGHT!

Damn that feels good!! Right, right, right. I guess what I'm really trying to say is…I WAS RIGHT!!

If you remember, I made a few bold predictions in my review of Take a Chance. Predictions blanketed with my faith in you Abbi, and the direction you'd hopefully take us (i.e. Grant) in One More Chance. I wanted to go there. You took
Adriane (◉‿◉)
Apr 29, 2013 marked it as e-book

Because.... She said this via FB

Abbi Glines: I won't tell you who Grant's woman is gonna be. Nan will be a big part of his story... BUT I hate Nan. I hate her a lot. That is all.

For sure i will read this book, I am HAPPY to know that she hates Nan too :) oh well....

Chandra
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Meh.
didn't love it.
still hate Nan.
don't want Nan redeemed.
she's the worst. don't make Nan a thing now please!
Elizabeth

Grants love interest is Harlow. their story was set up in Forever Too Far.
So YAY no Nan!

this is Harlow
Michelle
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Screenshot_6

Grant didn’t let Harlow walk away. He pushed her away with all his might. Discovering that she could leave him was too much for him to take. But now that she’s gone, he is broken and realizes that she is the only thing that can keep him together. Even if it means his time with her could be limited, he’d take a second of a life with her over nothing.

Harlow understands why Grant did what he did. She knew he’d react that way, it’s why she hid it from him. She loves him and is just waiting until sh
Jerilyn
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wendy ⏃: ✦●•CCBH Blogger•●✦
ABBI POSTED A SNEAK PEEK:
“It’s me but then you know that. This is the forty-eighth message… which means I haven’t seen your face in forty-eight days. I haven’t held you. I haven’t seen you smile. I can’t find you, Harlow. I’ve looked, baby. God, I’ve done everything I could. Where are you? Are you even listening to these messages? It’s all I have left of you. I fucked up. I fucked up so bad. Just, call me or answer my call or send me a text, no, call me. Don’t just text me. I need to hear your v
*~*~~*~reading~**~till~**~forever*~~*~*
Grant's story?????

description

Oh shit, wait, do you think he will end up with Nan?????

Nan and Major 38 294 Feb 04, 2015 05:40PM
any books like one more chance by abbi glines 8 97 Jan 11, 2015 12:08PM
Abbi Glines Reads: Chance Series 5 158 Dec 24, 2014 05:05PM
Fifty Shades of R...: September 2014 ~ BOTM ~ One More Chance by Abbi Glines 13 48 Sep 04, 2014 08:16AM
  • The Resolution of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #6)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Closer to the Edge (Playing with Fire, #4)
  • Strings of the Heart (Runaway Train, #3)
  • Rock My Body (Black Falcon, #4)
  • Taming the Storm (The Storm, #3)
  • Rogue (Real, #4)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Masquerade (Games, #3)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • Flawed (Connections, #5)
  • White Trash Love Song (White Trash Trilogy, #3)
  • Always Forever (Sometimes Never, #4)
  • Cooper (Corps Security, #4)
  • Wrapped in You (Waiting for You, #2)
  • Four Years Later (One Week Girlfriend, #4)
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, Field Party and Existence series. She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be Britis ...more

Rosemary Beach (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Fallen Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #1; Too Far, #1)
  • Never Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #2; Too Far, #2)
  • Forever Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #3; Too Far, #3)
  • Rush Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #4; Too Far, #4)
  • Twisted Perfection (Rosemary Beach, #5; Perfection, #1)
  • Simple Perfection (Rosemary Beach, #6; Perfection, #2)
  • Take a Chance (Rosemary Beach, #7; Chance, #1)
  • You Were Mine (Rosemary Beach, #9)
  • When I'm Gone (Rosemary Beach, #10)
  • When You're Back (Rosemary Beach, #11)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
“Love should'nt make our choices for us; it should just add importance to our choices.” 31 likes
“You came into my life. You changed my world. You made me realize I’m capable of loving completely. You’re my one. You’re it. This is my epic love, and I can’t lose that.” 19 likes