Start by marking “Valentina and The Haunted Mansion (Valentina's Spooky Adventures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Valentina and The Haunted Mansion (Valentina's Spooky Adventures, #1)

Valentina and The Haunted Mansion

(Valentina's Spooky Adventures)

Valentina isn’t thrilled with her parents’ decision to move into an ancient, gigantic mansion in the middle of nowhere—filled with dark, unsettling rooms, and far away from civilization, where they don’t have to worry about hiding who they are. Sure, it may be perfect for a vampire family like hers, but moving here meant leaving her best friends behind.

The new house has so
ebook
Published May 20th 2013 by Evolved Publishing LLC (first published April 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Valentina and The Haunted Mansion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valentina and The Haunted Mansion

Start your review of Valentina and The Haunted Mansion (Valentina's Spooky Adventures, #1)
Majanka
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my own book, so of course I'm biased. However, I have to give it 5-stars not just because I wrote it, but also because of the hard work the illustrator, Noelle Giffin, put into it. :)

Susan Finlay
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’ve just read a cute children’s book called ‘Valentina and the Haunted Mansion’, written by Majanka Verstraete, and illustrated by Noelle Giffin. It will be published soon by Evolved Publishing. Even the dedication was cute: ‘Monsters aren’t always scary—sometimes they’re just as scared as we are!’ I knew when I read the dedication that this was going to be a fun story.

Valentina is angry with her parents who have brought her to a new home. She doesn’t want to move and leave her friends behind.
Carrie
Valentina is just like any normal little girl. She doesn’t want to move into a new house and away from her friends. And she’s even scared of monsters! Since her new home is big and old and spooky she’s certain there will be monsters lurking too.

The only plus side to a new home is Valentina gets to pick her own bedroom. I was quite impressed that despite Valentina’s fears she happily started exploring and boldly wandered into some creepy rooms. When she finally discovers the perfect bedroom she a
Karen Arrowood
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books, ebooks
Valentina and the Haunted Mansion is an adorable children's book. The story is engaging, and the illustrations are lovely.

Valentina and her family move into a big mansion, taking her away from her friends. They are vampires, but Valentina is like any other little girl - afraid of the unknown. Who knows what monsters are lurking in the big, scary mansion, just waiting to be mean to her? Her older brother teases her about it, and she throws a big tantrum. Her parents calm her down and suggest that
Ana Laura  De Romero
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kids
Recommended to Ana Laura by: Majanka Verstraete
..::Reseña disponible en español::..
I was able to read "Valentina and the haunted mansion",and found it so cute and fun that I would love to read anothers adventures from Valentina.

Valentina is a Vampire girl, but not a mean vampire as almost everyone could imagine. She's sweet and funny. She's moving with her family to a new house letting her friends behind and, like any child would be, she's sad.

But soon she'll find there's no reason to be sad, or angry; instead there will be a lot of ways to
E.M. MacCallum
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
A wonderful read for kids anywhere from ages 4-10, if I were to guess, and obviously older as I liked it too. It’s about a little vampire girl who’s just like most kids out there and can be scared. I loved the imaginative creatures that were introduced right off the bat (get it?). The tickling tarantulas tickled your feet while you slept but whining wizards were worse. “Nothing terrified Valentina more than listening to a wizard whine all day long.” Oh yeah, that tickled my funny bone better tha ...more
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute book with beautiful illustrations. Valentina is a vampire who is afraid of ghosts. She moves into a new mansion and is not happy because the mansion looks scary and she had to leave her friends. She started exploring her new home and meets a little boy ghost, she is not happy about this but he becomes her first friend in her new home. I read this book to my 8 year old niece, well actually my niece read me the book. She loved it and couldn't wait to turn the page so she could ...more
Alicia Marietta
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Valentina and The Haunted Mansion is a very cute children's book that has been beautifully illustrated by Noelle Griffin.

Valentina is a little vampire girl that has just moved into a big mansion. She is very angry about moving and lets her parents know she is not pleased. All Valentine can think about is all the creepy crawlies that are hiding in the shadows. It's not long before she finds a friend, a little ghost that is living in the house.

I look forward to reading more about Valentine and her
Carrie Ardoin
Pretty cute children's book for more advanced readers...I'd say around second grade. It was new to get some perspective from a vampire kid, and the thought of a vampire that is afraid of other monsters is pretty funny! I thought the illustrations went very well with the story, too.

The message, which teaches children they can find friends in the most unexpected places, is a nice one. I just though the ending was a little too abrupt. I would have liked to see what Valentina's parents thought of he
Victoria Brinius
This was a cute book about Valentina and her life as a monster. She is used to all sorts of monsters, but when her parents make her move into a new house there is someone there to greet her. This is a really nice book so kids won't be afraid. I am a huge Scooby Doo fan and I started reading Stephen King when I was 10. I would have loved to have this kind of book when I was little! I am giving this book a 5/5. I can not wait to share my fellow Scooby Doo Fans (my niece and nephew)!
- See more at:
Penelope Bartotto
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Majanka Verstraete has mastered a great skill in crafting an adorable picture book for the Halloween season and a marvelous chapter book series to give the older kids a little chill.
Valentina is a vampire who has a fear, ghosts. Imagine that... a monster afraid of another monster that almost every child fears. Majanka and her fabulous illustrator make Valentina's tale come alive, without scaring the pants off a child. This is a delightful tale, that is a perfect addition to any library. It's re
Tracy
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was going to wait to read this with my little ones but the story was so cute and the illustrations too adorable to resist. Valentina is a little vampire who is afraid of monsters and doesn't want to move into a new house...sounds like any parents child. Kids will be able to relate to her while finding the story fun and exciting. Don't worry about a young child being scared, this story is not scary and the words the author uses to describe everyday spooks will leave you in hysterics!
Andy
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have won this book through the goodreads giveaway.
Thank you so much.

This book is truly adorable. The illustrations, the story.
What's not to love!

5/5

ps: thank you for the lovely personal note.
Angelle
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this one with my 5 year old and we both enjoyed it! Valentina is a little vampire scared of the monsters that lurk in her new house but she soon realizes that some monsters aren't scary at all. I would definitely recommend this one, it's adorable!
Rebecca McNutt
Not the most original, yet it still holds your attention and has a cast of likeable characters. The illustrations were cool and the book was well-written, with good vocabulary for younger readers.
Folashade
Heather
Elsie Chan
Jan 28, 2018
Lynn
rated it did not like it
Apr 30, 2015
Karen  Boruff
Michelle & Tony
Kimberly
Aug 10, 2013
Author Majanka Verstraete has written more than twenty unique works of fiction. A native of Belgium, Majanka’s novels explore the true nature of monsters: the good, the bad, and just about every species in between. Her young adult books include the acclaimed Mirrorland (YA Dark Fantasy) and Angel of Death (YA Paranormal) series of novels.

Majanka is currently developing a new YA shifter series wit

Valentina's Spooky Adventures (3 books)
  • Valentina and the Whackadoodle Witch (Valentina's Spooky Adventures,  #2)
  • Valentina and the Masked Mummy (Valentina's Spooky Adventures, #3)

News & Interviews