Start by marking “Nikola Tesla: Imagination and the Man That Invented the 20th Century” as Want to Read:
Nikola Tesla: Imagination and the Man That Invented the 20th Century

Nikola Tesla: Imagination and the Man That Invented the 20th Century

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  23,382 ratings  ·  1,133 reviews
If you want to learn about one of history’s most fascinating minds and uncover some of his secrets of imagination—secrets that enabled him to invent machines light years ahead of his time and literally bring light to the world—then you want to read this book.

Imagination amplifies and colors every other element of genius, and unlocks our potential for understanding and
Published April 9th 2013 by Oculus Publishers (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Nikola Tesla, please sign up.
Nakul Grover Yeah! I agree with Shannon. The book is about the different laws that may help people to get success in life. After reading this book, I was so…moreYeah! I agree with Shannon. The book is about the different laws that may help people to get success in life. After reading this book, I was so motivated that I created a post on it. It does not took me time to do that as I've just collected some of the Nikola Tesla Best Quotes. I hope it may help.. :)

·  23,382 ratings  ·  1,133 reviews

Start your review of Nikola Tesla: Imagination and the Man That Invented the 20th Century
Sid
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
If you are stubborn enough to find your adventure;
you have to be mulish enough to imagine that you can
accomplish something more than the normal folks;
you have to be persistent enough to keep on going through
the path of your dreams even when everyone calls you a fool;
you have to be pig-headed enough to deny the denial of others about you
and you have to be strong willed enough to carve out opportunities to fulfill your goals.
And to light you enough to have all this done, all you need is
Kyle
Nov 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
Worthless self-help drivel packaged up to look like a biography of a great scientist.

I could do a similar thing and write a "biography" of a historical politician by pasting How to Win Friends and Influence People on the pages within. To hide the fact I created a sham I might provide around 3 pages of biography scattered within; the first website I find on the internet would be the obvious source for such important historical information regarding the "subject" of my book. Yes... not only will
Troy Blackford
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book gets dinged for being a succinct biography of Tesla wrapped in a loaf of self-help tinged ruminations on 'genius.' But it is a quick read and an interesting one, regardless.

Nearly a third of the book goes by before mentioning Tesla, and the first twenty percent of it is essentially a summarization of thoughts from Malcolm Gladwell. The last fourteen percent of the book is information about the author's other books.

But the ruminations on genius aren't completely without merit. The
Hirdesh
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science
Exceptionally well book about Greatest Experimental Scientist of the World.
I've enjoyed the book thoroughly.
Jessaka
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
After reading reviews on "Hillbilly Elegy" I thought of this book and wanted to re-read parts of it to make a review, to try to counteract the falsehoods displayed in the Elegy book.

Here are some quotes:

"There are millions of people that work incredibly hard yet have little success to show for it. Is ten thousand hours too simple of a prescription for greatness?

Yes, it overlooks another aspect of great achievement that cannot be ignored: opportunities-conditions that often appear to be plain old
Tania
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I agree with the reviewer who points out that this is not a full biography of Tesla, and I too thought that it would be when I started reading. That did not take away from my enjoyment of the book, though.

Nikola Tesla is a fascinating man, and his accomplishements were many (and often misattributed). This book provides an overview of Tesla and what he accomplished, as well as an in-depth analysis of why he didn't accomplish more. It goes one step further, which is to share with the readers just
Jul 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
What a waste of time!!

First of all, the author makes an introduction showing some "hints"about IQ and imagination. So what?

By following, he writes a very abridged report of Tesla's scientific accomplishments without making any kind of reference.

And then he claims that it was Tesla who discovered the X rays and not Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen!!! Perhaps the author never ever heard about the The Nobel Prize of Physics in 1901 which was awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm,
Nada Khaled
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
TESLA! What a great scientist are you !!

This book showed me how great was this man, and how he suffered to make something useful to the world, and how he was offended by the most two powerful men at that time (J.P Morgan, the richest financier at that time,, and Edison, that great scientist and the discoverer of the direct current) and how cruel and evil was Edison with him, because his ideas were much better than him and were going to make his discovery faint and then the "current war" took
Yousif Al Zeera
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
As mentioned in a lot of reviews, the first third of the book is nothing about Tesla but rather some nice discussion and summary on the 10,000 rule.

But I have to say that the Tesla part is good. I mean maybe not great but a very good way to be introduced to this incredible guy. I liked how the author mentioned the intricacies of Tesla's relationship with key people at the time (Thomas Edison and JP Morgan).

P.S. You may start hating Edison after reading this book.
Marie Segares
This is a difficult book to rate. Essentially, it is a series of 3 short essays. The first essay explores the meaning and cause of genius, and ends by discussing Dr. Alfred Barrios's concept of a "genius code," and specifically, the characteristic of imagination. The second essay is a case study of Tesla, focused on his imagination. The third essay/conclusion touches upon creativity. Following this essay is a preview of Sean Patrick's other book, Awakening Your Inner Genius.

All three essays are
Kelly
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Probably more 3.5. It is very much a self help book but I think it's good because it does make you feel like you can be a genius too if you unleash your imagination and creativity. I didn't know much about Tesla and if it was just a book solely on him, this book would have had a 4.5/5 from me because it gives a great insight into his life, his drive, his passion and his work. It is a very interesting and quick read.
Nick Kives
Dec 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
Free ebook from Amazon that I have had laying around forever. It takes about 1/4 of the book before it even mentions Tesla. The stuff about Tesla is easily found anywhere else.
Eric
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful surprise! Sean Patrick has written a book here that everyone should read. You will be inspired. Read it and inspire your children. If you are a teacher, read it and inspire your students.

Admittedly, this book is more about what drives a genius and their imagination then it is a book about Tesla. If you want an in depth study of the life of Tesla, get another book. (You shouldn't expect any book to be in depth at just a little over 100 pages.)

Well done, Sean Patrick!
Liz
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
To someone with non-scientific interest this short book should be a must read. It gives an easy-read of Tesla's life and achievements, of what he had to endure and proves the assumptions that money and power make men evil. If Tesla wouldn't have "fallen into the trap" of J.P Morgan so many times I believe the world would be a totally different place. It is also an inspirational read, so I do recommend.
Amanda--A Scientist Reads
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
Judging from the title, you would guess this short story is going to provide a succinct testament of the life of the brilliant and sometimes tragic Nikola Tesla, but you're unfortunately incorrect. The first 30% of this novel deals with sports metaphors, and general references to intelligence without any documentation for the claims made. The claims without substantiation continues through the entirety of this incredibly short work.

From there we are launched into a very brief overview of the
Doug
Jul 18, 2013 rated it liked it
A very short, quick read! Actually felt more like a college paper than a book. Not that the writing was bad, or that the material was fragmented. It was more from the standpoint of roughly the first one-third of the book was what I would term as "the introduction". I say that because it had virtually nothing to do with Tesla, and in fact had little to no reference of him.

The middle of the book, dealt with Tesla ... mostly just touching the high notes of his career. Occasionally, it would dip
Megha
Jul 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
The book should have been named 'The Life of Nikola Tesla in Two Minutes'. Only a third of this book is really about Tesla - the rest is about creativity and genius (blah!) Even the bit about Tesla reads like a list of his inventions and discoveries, failing to give much insight into the man's life. I would recommend skipping the book and reading the Wikipedia article on Tesla instead, which by the way is much more informative!
Paul Ataua
Aug 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
It is kind of amazing that this ever into print. It is really short at 46 pages and really boils down to a very shallow piece on the life and work of Tesla sandwiched between an equally shallow introduction on the concept of genius and another shallow piece on creativity that finishes the book off. Nothing much to say. There are some interesting things though none are really explored in depth. Sad to say that its most positive attribute was its length.
Sara Aouichi
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
this is brilliante ^^
enjoyed every second of it and got me thinking
Nalam V
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksowned
It is a very small and nice book and it was the first book I read. It is very nice, it's motivating as well as have a good story line. It's a good, short and brief view of his life.
Random
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-reads
Great book that inspires you and tells you about Tesla and his invention that could answer the energy crisis and climate change issues of present world.
The drawbacks for me were the lack of references and the advertisement of other books written by him.
A recommended read !!
Espartaco
May 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Although is a $0 short book, is not the book I was thinking on. I'd not recomend it.
This is merely a self-help book on biography disguise. The facts about Tesla are correct, but has no references, must I believe on it only because Mr. Patrick says so?

BTW, I think this "biography" is way better than this book: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla
Anil Swarup
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
A remarkable biography of a remarkable man. Here was a man who challenged Edison and got away with it though not without a lot of suffering. However, he never gave up or gave in. He had the imagination and, more importantly, the resilience and perseverance to translate his imagination into action.
Mahira
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Martina Pavic
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nikola Tesla was my compatriot born in one small village in Croatian region Lika. There, in local rivers, he got his first inspirations for utilising electricity from water streams in hidro and nuclear powerplants, what he will later do in the USA. Okay, he was not the first one in history who got that idea. Windmills existed in Europe centuries before but his revolutionary ideas really made him the man who invented 20th century and we are still today proud of him. Reading of this book allowed ...more
Debalina
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this little book inspiring. I wish it were longer and had talked more about Tesla’s life and had given some small details of his scientific inventions too along with a story of his life.
Mary Mojica
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
An amazing life. I wanted more.
PolicemanPrawn
This is a very short biography of Nikola Tesla, covering his inventions and discoveries, his attempts to implement his vision, and the sad ways of how he was exploited. Tesla, although a genius at what he did, seemed like a very naive person (even stupid outside of engineering thing) who was very vulnerable to exploitation. He was taken advantage of many times in his life, even multiple times by the same person. Overall, this was an interesting and decently written account, though a little ...more
Anantha Narayanan
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
The book is more of motivational "subject" than revealing life of Nikola Tesla. Neverthless a good book to read for an hour or so.
Moon Rose
Jul 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Moon Rose by: Coffy David
Great men and women proliferated the world since the antiquities as history bore witness to humanity's evolving rise of consciousness, tapping the sheer power of the Universe to physically create and profoundly discover its hidden mysteries that gradually and radically change the world into the world as we know it. Yet, many of these great men and women stayed in the sidelines, forgotten by history and obliterated by time as if ruled out by the inconspicuous hands of Destiny...

But nevertheless,

• Leonardo da Vinci: A Life From Beginning to End
  • Serial Killers
  • Call Me Crazy: A Memoir
  • The Rebellious Life of Mrs. Rosa Parks
  • The Accountant's Story: Inside the Violent World of the Medellin Cartel
  • World War 1: A History From Beginning to End
  • BLOW: How a Small-Town Boy Made $100 Million with the Medellin Cocaine Cartel And Lost It All
  • Thomas Edison: A Life From Beginning to End
  • Master Your Mind, Master Your Life: 15 Mindset Hacks That Will Unleash Your Full Potential TODAY
  • Nikola Tesla: A Life From Beginning to End
  • Work Smarter Not Harder: 18 Productivity Tips That Boost Your Work Day Performance
  • Napoleon: A Life From Beginning To End (One Hour History Military Generals Book 1)
  • Adolf Hitler: A Life From Beginning to End
  • Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
  • Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?
  • Entrepreneur: Jack Ma, Alibaba and the 40 Thieves of Success
  • The Life of Buddha and Its Lessons
  • Steve Jobs
Hi,

I'm Sean, and I believe that people have far more potential than they give themselves credit for. I believe that everyone can find their calling, achieve success and happiness, and feel in control of their fate.

Through my writing, I hope to educate and inspire, to convince people to look at themselves and the world a little differently, and to be able to use these insights to improve not only
“It takes curiosity to find your call to adventure, it takes courage to venture into the unknown, and it takes imagination to create your path.” 17 likes
“It’s an essential part of becoming more creative. Expand your interests in life. Seek out new, interesting experiences, no matter how mundane or inconsequential they might seem to others. Read books, watch documentaries, and discuss your ideas with others. No subject, no matter how specialized or esoteric, is off limits. You never know where your imagination will find pieces for its puzzles.” 14 likes