Start by marking “Suddenly Beautiful” as Want to Read:
Suddenly Beautiful

Suddenly Beautiful

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  666 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
Suddenly Beautiful by Boone Brux:

Being the son of Aphrodite isn't a walk in the clouds. Rebelling against his demi-god status, billionaire make-up mogul Toraos Stephanos fights to separate his personal life and the immortal world by swearing off demi-god girlfriends forever. Too bad his newest employee can't take the hint.

Though Nikki secretly pines for her smoking hot bos
Published June 10th 2013 by Entangled: Covet (first published May 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Suddenly Beautiful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suddenly Beautiful

Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)
Originally posted on my blog: Tangled Up In Books

I received a copy of this book from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review! I had a feeling I was going to like this book, what I didn't expect was how much I truly did enjoy it! I've always been fascinated with Greek Mythology and so when I read the blurb I knew I had to at least give Suddenly Beautiful a try.

Thing number two I wasn't expecting? How incredibly funny this book was at times. I mean I was maybe a handful of pages in,
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Toras Stephanous, billionaire cosmetic giant and the son of Aphrodite, struggles to keep his personal and public lives separate .has sworn off dating demigoddess . But the fates have a different pan fir him and his lovely and loyal assistant Nikki. Everything is going from normal to upside down after a dinner meeting goes wrong . As Demetera , the Demi goddess lawyer . Feeds Toras. Bottle of ambrosia. As Nikki and Toras spend a wonderful sex filled night , her Demi goddess is awakened . When Tor ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
This is a fun little romance, though a bit light. The characters are engaging and I didn't mind the whole deity/demigod thing. Brux walked a really tight line with Nikki, though, who could really have come across as pathetic (what with holding a torch for her boss for six years without ever doing anything about it). Indeed, a lot of elements of the story (from the best friend to Tor and his mother to Nikki's dad) skirt dangerously close to caricature. Fortunately, it doesn't get entirely unbelie ...more
Jun 14, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 stars - This was a pleasant enough smexy read, it was the god/goddess tie-in that sold me on this book but, except for a few humorous uses for the heroine's newly emerged powers and 'the parents', that tie-in didn't really add much to the story.

I guess part of my problem (and I am going to talk details so if you want to avoid spoilers consider yourself warned) is that I've read other contemporary romances very similar to this one (sans the demigods and goddesses) before. The indispensable pe
Linda Sims
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it

Nikki Triano has worked for Toraos Stephanos for six years as his personal assistant. For almost all of that time she has been in love with him. But he is oblivious. He is a workaholic he lives and breathes for the cosmetics company his mother owns.
What Nikki doesn't know is that Tor is a Demi-god, the son of Aphrodite. He also knows that Nikki is a Demi-godess the daughter of Ares god of war. But Nikki has no idea about any of this. Mostly because she has not come
Rose Strong (Kljuc za knjigu Book Blog)
I'm always happy to find a fantasy novel that brings us some kind of story about greek mythology.
Suddenly Beautiful was a bit short, but I have to say I loved it. It's unique and new, it's something I've never read about before.
I liked the authors voice. The characters she created were funny and entertaining in every way possible. Since Suddenly Beautiful was the first novel by this author that I've had the chance to read, I have to say, it definitely won't be the last.
Sofia Lazaridou
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Usually I don't read or watch fiction which is based on the Greek mythology because most of the times people change it and the result makes me to want to take my eyes out with my own hands. The good thing is that I enjoyed the book but I am not 100% sure if I liked the fact that Aphrodite and Ares are a part of the book but since the focus here is a demigod and a demigoddess I will skip it. I would like to know why a bunch of demigods and demigoddesses (who have a Greek name too)are in the same ...more
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in return for an honest review.

This book was beautiful, Greek Gods, Goddesses and Demigods, office romance, hot sex. All in all I loved it, but to be honest, i think the last few pages were a bit rushed. However Boone really knows how to right a book you cannot put down and so i would recommend this book to everyone.
a &
loved it!!! it was an interesting take on greek mythology... plus the chemistry was epic!
I discovered Boone Brux in her PNR series, Bringer and the Bane, it was a wonderful delight of sensations. A Creative vision.. Having fell in love with Ms. Brux's writing I decided to give her contemporary work a chance.. Can you say spectacular? Suddenly Beautiful captured me almost from the beginning..

A beautiful assistant hiding under plain clothes devoted to her superstar boss.. Sexy, dynamic all the women fall for him, throw in a gorgeous lawyer who wants him for her own... pretty blase rig
Alpha Possessive Heroes
I'm not particular with greek mythology genre so I didn't know what to expect with this book. Suddenly Beautiful has been in my kindle tablet for the past few weeks and I couldn't believe I just read this now!!

This is an easy, sweet funny romantic story that had me from the very first page!

Nikki has been Tor's faithful personal assistance for six years... after years of working at Kythera Cosmetics, she still lusted for him as much as she had the day she started but the man is oblivious to her
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This book was fantastic. Let me start with that. It had been sitting on my wish list for a little while before I got the opportunity to read it. Now I have finished it, I am kicking myself for not reading it sooner ! Once I started it, I had trouble putting it down.

Set in the cosmetics industry, which can normally be a dog eat dog world, see what happens when you throw in Gods, Goddesses, Demigods and Demigoddesses and their egos. You get a book that is a super fun read. One I highly recommend.

Bookish Michelle
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Suddenly Beautiful is such a fun read that have me laughing at many parts of the story! And Mythology is definitely a plus point in this book with its wonderful characters.

Demigod, demigoddess, gods and goddesses came together in Suddenly Beautiful, revolving around Nikki and her boss Toraos, and the fateful night when her boss was drunk with Ambrosia and Nikki ended up staying with him. However, Tor pretends as if nothing happened. What Nikki didn't know turned up to be life-changing!

The charac
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, greek-mythology
I liked this book. If anyone knows me I like any book that have some kind of Greek mythology in it. I enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Tor is the CEO of a cosmetics company. He has the looks of a God… really he does. That’s because he’s the son of one., which makes him a demi-god. He’s the all work and no play kind of guy, but that doesn’t stop Nikki from harboring feelings for him. She’s the sensible assistant to him.

He swore off women like Nikki, a demi-goddess. She doesn’t find out who
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Gods, Goddesses, Demigods, Demigoddesses run amok in the cosmetic industry. Boone Brux has created a delightful romance filled with lots of magic, sizzle, and a healthy dose of humor.

Suddenly Beautiful is an easy read for the weekend or beach vacation. Tor and Nikki have a purely professional relationship until one conniving demigoddess decides that she’d like to have Tor as one of her trophies. Demetria’s plans fall by the wayside when the loyal assistant, Nikki ends up making sure Tor gets sa
Rosemary K
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a fun summer read, you will love this humorous tale of gods and demigods living and working among us. Boone Brux has written a sexy romp with billionaire mogul, Toraos Stephanos, who runs Kythera Cosmetics and Nikki, his every faithful assistant, who is secretly in love with him. Tor is strictly business until he is slipped some Ambrosia, the nectar of the gods. This breaks down his defenses and he and Nikki spend the night together. When Tor doesn't remember their love mak ...more
Kim Engstrom
Shelves: boone-brux
Gods and goddesses and demigods and demigoddesses, oh my! This super sexy story of Tor and Nikki is awesome read that left me unable to put the book down. With every page I was wanting more! Tor, the sexy billionaire demigod who was so caught up in his business that he refused to have a personal life until someone slipped him some Ambrosia. Then WHAM! Feelings were unleashed, but not at all what he expected. Nikki, the executive assistant to Tor, and demigoddess (unbeknownst to her). Everyone ar ...more
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for_review
I received a copy of the book from the author for review and I appreciate it.

The idea that demi-gods and -goddesses could have the same character quirks as regular human definitely caught my attention. Toraos and Nikki have a great connection. Both realize they want a relationship even though they are not sure how to make it work. Nikki's ability to deal with coworkers, her mother, and her now present Dad is wonderful to read about and Toraos' realization that Nikki is exactly who he wants as a
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
A book containing gods, demi gods, and steamy love scenes, count me in. I really liked reading this book! Tor runs a cosmetics company with his mom by his side who happens to be Aphrodite. Tor has an assistant, Nikki, who has been working for him for six years but after a night drinking ambrosia all inhibitions go out the window. Will Tor confess his true feelings or will he try to pretend nothing happened? Will Nikki let Tor off the hook or will she get what she's always wanted? Also in play is ...more
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Suddenly Beautiful is like an episode of Drop Dead Diva. Though, it doesn't share any similarities with the show, it inspires the same feeling of lightness, delightfulness and romanticism.

It's a fun read, sexy but not too sexy, with a zest of mystic. The characters are very likeable. Tor's feelings did switch slightly too abruptly and the (view spoiler) was overkill but overall, I enjoyed it a lot.
Cynthia Weaver
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Totally LOVED this book. It provided a fresh take on the Gods and Goddesses that I wasn't really expecting. The scenes were steamy where they needed to be and the story provided a strong female character that I found myself seeing things through her eyes! I don't believe that you will be disappointed if you give this one a try!

It was an easy, fun and exciting read that will have you looking for more from Boone Brux!
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed it but thought it ended a bit abruptly. I'm such a sucker for books with a Greek mythology theme and I loved that in this one the characters were directly related to the gods instead of descendants of descendants because then you get scenes with the actual gods themselves (which were hilarious, by the way). Overall I thought it was a fun and quick read, perfect for reading during the summer.
Jan Meredith
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful read! This is the first book I've read by Ms. Brux, and I find myself disappointed...that I haven't discovered this wonderful author earlier. This is a delightfully humorous, sensually steamy romance that had me hooked from page one.

I'm one of those readers who tend to stick to authors I know and enjoy, and Ms. Brux has certainly been added to that list.
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If ever there was a God walking our streets, I would want it to be Toraos Stephanos....Oh My!! and as for his assistant Nikki, well, does us girls proud. Nothing like a little perseverance to get your man. Excellent book and a highly recommended read...

Another excellent book from Boone Brux, well done
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for an honest review and all I can say is BRING ON MORE BOONE BRUX!! It was a wonderfully fun read. Funny, steamy and of course a great story!! I LOVE Greek Mythology and it was so fun to read about the Gods and Goddesses. I will recommend this book to all my friends :D
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Full review to come. In the meantime, anything that starts with "Holy Mary, mother of God, the man was half-naked" absolutely deserves a 5 star rating. Oh to be in Nikki's shoes in that first scene *sigh* Tor.
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book starts off steamy and then not so much. I love the characters how they develop. I would recommend this book the only thing I would have liked is if the steamy parts made it throughout the book.
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was the selected book for one of my book clubs. It was quick and cute with a little hot thrown in. Fun book and super nice author. Boone joined our book discussion and we had a blast!
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, for-review

This story is just so danged cute! I found myself giggling on the first page. Nikki is a demigoddess. The thing is – she doesn’t know it yet. She is the daughter of Ares, the god of war and Azzura, a famous model for the competition. Nikki was only raised by her mother who wasn’t really there for Nikki. Azzura was more into herself. Nikki’s father was totally absent. Nikki is adorable and funny. She has worked as the assistant to Tor, the very desirable big man of Kythera Cosmetics, for 6 years.
Jeannie Zelos
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Suddenly Beautiful Boone Brux.

Arc supplied by publisher.

Romance with a fantasy element – I just love the escapism that brings and Boone certainly lets the book take over from the troubles of the real world for a while. Its a great storyline, gods and goddesses, demi gods and demi goddesses living and working in the human world. Tor is a demi god – not just in looks and manner but in real life (well real fantasy life anyway!) and he's been Nikki's boss and the subject of her unrequited crush for
For Covet Fans 1 4 Sep 05, 2013 10:21AM
  • Take It Like a Vamp (Take It Like a Vamp, #1)
  • Don't Bite the Bridesmaid (Sons of Kane #1)
  • The Demon's Song (Hearts of the Fallen, #1)
  • Claws & Effect (Midnight Liaisons, #3.6)
  • Luck of the Dragon (Las Vegas Dragons, #1)
  • Seduced by the Angel (Divine Fornication, #1)
  • Playing the Part
  • Cat Snips
  • One Night (Superstars in Love, #2)
  • What He Demands (My Alpha Billionaire, #2)
  • Aidan (The Awakening, #1)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • Up In Flames
  • Wickedly Charming (Fates #7)
  • The Pack (The Pack, #1)
  • Night's Awakening (Dark Kings, #0.2)
  • East of Ecstasy (Hearts of the Anemoi, #4)
  • Jacq's Warlord

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Sing: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy #2)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)