Start by marking “Hold Me Down Hard (Breaking the Rules, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hold Me Down Hard (Breaking the Rules, #1)

Hold Me Down Hard

(Breaking the Rules #1)

When Eden Carver, Iowa farm girl turned NY actress, decides to seduce the sexy cop next door, she begins to wonder if she’s bitten off more than she can chew.

The last thing Officer Jay Bennett wants is to cross a line with the sweet and innocent country girl—no matter how much he’d like to help himself to a nibble. Not only are they in the friendship zone, a naïve girl lik
Published May 13th 2013 by Entangled: Brazen (first published December 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hold Me Down Hard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hold Me Down Hard

Start your review of Hold Me Down Hard (Breaking the Rules, #1)
• Lisa •
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: brazen-addict
TWO OFFICER STARS.

"I wanted you to know the real me, because you're the man I want in my life"

description

If a pint sized, sizzling novella is what you looking for then this short friends to lovers story may just be the fix that you need. As for my tastes I needed more to make it more rememberable, that's not to say that I didn't have fun reading this authors work I just needed more to make this book stand out as a winning hour spent reading.

When good girl actress Eden Carver decides to take matters in
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3 stars

This was a 51 page novella and a quick, though entirely forgettable erotic read.

The set up is this:

Eden Carver is a farm girl from Iowa that is perceived as a good girl, though she harbors a darker kinky side with a fetish for a man in uniform, handcuffs included (lol), and an intense attraction for her neighbor Jay, a cop (how convenient).

Jay in turn likes his sex dirty and lusts after Eden, but thinks she's way too innocent and good for the likes of him. Oh, and he also has this need
Barbara➰
The sex was hot...that's about it.

Safety Gang: Not safe(view spoiler)
Claire Robinson
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: entangled
3 - So risky. So outrageous. So downright naughty. Stars!

Hold Me Down Hard, is a book that falls into my 'Lunchtime Special' category, it is a quick, sexy read, and I ploughed through it whilst on my lunch-break at work... Be warned it is sexy-hot, and you may find you need to turn up the air-con to cool yourself down!

Eden was pure temptation. And a man could only resist temptation for so long.

Jay and Eden have been neighbours for a few years and while both are attracted to each other, they
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
ARC given by netgalley for an honest review

3 stars!
This was a quickie! Literally! I did enjoy it although it was way too short for my liking! It was like I was just reading an erotic scene from a normal sized book.

Jay Bennett

Jay Bennett is a police officer who lives next door to Eden in the same building. He's attracted to Eden but will not act on it, because Eden seems like an innocent to him. He's a rough and gritty guy but around Eden he's protective instincts surface. He's surprised when Ede
Auntee
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of erotic quickies
Sexy blonde Iowa farm girl (Eden) turned NYC actress wants more from next-door-neighbot/best friend NYC cop (Jay). The problem is, she think she'll scare him off if he knew all her secret, raunchy fantasies.

Hunky cop Jay would love more from his sexy, girl-next-door neighbor than to just run lines with her. But he's afraid he'll ruin the friendship if he shows her his dark, sexual side. After all, she's just a sweet, naive farm girl, right?

And then Eve devises a plan to seduce...will he be able
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Once again I'm stepping out of my comfort zone with this book. Yes you have noticed that I neither read a lot of adult books nor review the short stories. Well as you can see just now I'm doing both. It's not that I don't like these short stories it's just I don't know how to feel about them. They're different form the novels as you can't get the full background with these. So I hope that the author, publishers and tour organizer won't mind the lack of rating
Jill
May 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
This sure was a lot shorter than I was expecting.
This book was about 50 pages of two friends, one who wants to get it on, and the other that is resisting, working through the transition from friends to lovers.
I usually can really like a book like this, but unfortunately, this time, I just couldn't relate to the characters. The language between the two seemed rigid. The erotic side of this book, which lets face it, is usually what I live for in a book, seemed to let this story down for me. I di
Janey
Jul 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, entangled
ARC generously provided by entangled publishing in exchange for an honest review..

3 Love truncheon stars

Eden Carver has been hankering after her neighbour and best friend, Jay Bennett, for quite some time now. She savours the extended time they spend together, and wishes they could cross the line, getting a little more up close and personal. Being an actress, she devises a plan to ensure any role playing this time will put them on the right path.

Jay Bennett is a cop, who would love to see his be
Delia Binder
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
IT'S TOO DAMNED SHORT!
IT'S TOO DAMNED SHORT!

::With thanks and apologies to Cole Porter::

I bought this on Amazon for 99 cents - so I'm not expecting War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy War and Peace, or even Terry Brooks's Doorstops of Shannara. The problem is, Hold Me Down Hard isn't a romance novel, it's isn't even a novella - it's a "novelette" or, as I like to call it, a "short story that got away from its author". Given what actually happens, this story should be about one-fourth as long as it is - given the backstory th
Lynsey
May 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-contemp
*sigh* Here you have two adults, each with appallingly bad communication skills.

If they were teenagers I'd have believed it more, but from two adults, no. I didn't buy their reasons for not pursuing each other before.

The old 'I don't want to lose your friendship' doesn't work here because how can these two possibly be best friends given their struggle with expressing their feelings and being open with each other? And their personal issues were just too illogical and weak.

I especially didn't bel
Nicola
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Short review as it's a short novella; at just over 50 pages I polished it off in one sitting. Using the well loved trope of friends to lovers, it is absolutely crammed with sexy shenanigans and this little book should come with it's own weather warning - scorching hot.

Whilst it's short length did make it difficult to become completely invested in Jay and Eden as characters, they were likeable and had a sizzling chemistry. Some of the choices of phrases the author used were a little smirk inducin
Nikki
What do you get when you have a sweet 'naive' Iowa farm girl and add in a super sexy NYC cop? Some seriously sexy reading material! ;) Eden came to NY to follow her dreams in acting. She also has a major thing for her best friend and neighbor Jay. As a cop, he sees some pretty bad stuff and wants to shield Eden from it. She's getting tired of lusting from afar, so with the help of some girlfriends she comes up with a sexy script to run lines with Jay! Can we say H.O.T.!! Cathryn Fox is one of my ...more
Kelly_Instalove
Grade: D - nearly a DNF

“Actually, these lines seem a bit cheesy.”

I had to choose that quote. How could I not choose that quote? I requested this solely for the “naive Iowa farm girl” bit in the blurb, and the nicest thing I have to say is that it’s exactly what I expected.

This short story (a very strange choice for Entangled’s Flirt line) is one erotica cliché after another (except a billionaire CEO), with some eye-rolling attempts at ridiculously superficial characterization.

NOTE: I read an
Ashley Williams
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a quick, super smexy read! I quite enjoyed it :D Le Sigh.. if I only had a sexy cop neighbor I could seduce. Seriously, it cuts to the point, gives you a few rough sex scenes, and then done.
Shari
Apr 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Eden Carver has a secret crush on her cop neighbor and best friend next door, Jay Bennett. The one time she revealed her secret desires for rougher sex that included spankings and bondage, the guy left calling her some not so nice things. She wants to get closer to Jay, but he keeps his work life to himself and only treats her like a little sister. Well, that time for that is about to end.

Jay Bennett lost his sister when they were teens and now spends his days a cop fighting the same crime that
Jan Meredith
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Multipublished author, Cathryn Fox has another hit on her hands with her debut release with Entangled Publishing!

Friends. What would we do without them? Or in Eden and Jay's case, what wouldn't we like to do with them?

I'm not going to give you another rundown on the plot, you've read that several times over and they've all hit the nail right on the head. This short, sexy read has it all. Great plot, a touching backstory for Jay--the super protective smoking hot cop next door, Eden, the actress w
Nina
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Eden is an actress who has been crushing on her sexy neighbor, Officer Jay Bennett, for some time. They're good friends, but Eden wants Jay to look at her differently rather than just as a friend. However, Eden is not the only one who has been harboring a crush. Jay has been crushing on Eden ever since the first day he laid eyes on her. However, his life and work prevents him from developing a relationship with Eden that is beyond friends.

With seduction in mind, Eden concocts a plan to seduce Ja
Katie_la_geek
Apr 23, 2013 rated it liked it
For this review and more my blog

Hold me Down Hard was a relatively enjoyable novella it is only 60 pages long. The characters were good. Eden is nice and I liked that she was prepared to go after what she wanted. Jay was good to although his stereotypic was a little annoying. He assumes that because Eden comes from the country that is she is typical ‘girl next door’ who wants a safe and calm life including plain sex. He is constantly telling her what she needs and wants which is not cool.

The big
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Kim

With a title like Hold Me Down Hard, I should have known what to expect. Too bad I didn’t. Hold Me Down Hard may be a small little novella, but it packs some serious freaking heat. I’m talking explosive heat, where it’s best to read with a glass of ice water nearby.

Eden Carver and Jay Bennett have been friends and neighbors for the past three years. Jay has put the sweet little farm girl Eden so far in the “friend zone” it’s not even funny. Eden is
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
ARC Courtesy of Entangled Publishing

This is a really sweet, sexy and insanely hot little novella. It tells the story of Eden, who is a aspiring young actress. Being a farm girl from Iowa people automatically think that she is a sweet naïve little girl who just want her boyfriends to cuddle and love her all day long. Truth is, Eden if far from that sweet little girl. She has dark and dirty fantasies that include handcuffs and men in uniforms. One man in specific, her hot neighbour and best friend
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
a & e
This is the author's first novella for Entangled publishing (I think)and can I just say that she's done a marvelous job? I don't like books with BDSM in it its just the kind of person I am but I think its mostly because I'm not reading authors who do a good job at writing it. And though Eden's into that stuff I never had to read about it and instead got to enjoy some steamy role play. It was hot. Thank god for ARCs.
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Hilarious and Sexy! What to do when your next door neighbor friend-zones you and all you can think of is how to hook up with him? You write a script. Yep! You are an actress, he can run lines with you... you get the drift. The results are unexpected and hilarious. Great read! Truly recommended.
Britt Marczak
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
A girl with uniform and handcuff fetishes. How can you go wrong?
Karen111
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
A sexy little read that could've done with being a bit longer and a bit more teased out. But what I did read, I enjoyed.
Sandra
Jan 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Boring. Was suppose to be hot. Wasn't.
Stacy J.
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one quick and hot read. If your looking for something that you can read in one sitting that is very spicy, I would recommend this book.

Eden is a woman who wants to put herself out there and seduce her cop friend Jay. They have a very comfortable relationship that hasn't progressed beyond friendship. Eden's friends convince her to put on a little show to get Jay's attention.

Jay is a policeman with a dangerous job. He thinks Eden is too pure and innocent to deal with his job and also his l
amanda s.
Fast And Hawt!

I enjoyed this book!

It’s a bit too short for my taste especially because the building of the story’s getting there and I was expecting something more but then the story is over. Definitely too quick. I want more! I want drama!

But overall I liked it. I think this is the first book that I read from this author and it’s definitely not the last. Look forward to read more!
Amanda
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seriously sexy. Love Cathryn’s writing as she can suck you in from the first line in her books
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Beauty & the Lumberjacks (Hard n' Dirty, #8)
  • Cooper (Corps Security, #4)
  • Locke (Corps Security, #5)
  • Beck (Corps Security, #3)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • The Double Deal (Alaskan Oil Barons)
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • Off Limits (Aces Hockey, #1.5)
  • His Other Lover
  • The Love Child (Alaskan Oil Barons)
  • The Billionaire Renegade (Alaskan Oil Barons Book 7)
  • The Twin Birthright (Alaskan Oil Barons)
  • The Second Chance
  • The Secret Twin (Alaskan Oil Barons Book 8)
  • And We Stay
  • The 50 Greatest Love Letters of All Time
  • The Widower's Wife
  • A Gift of Hope: Helping the Homeless
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cathryn Fox is a wife, mom, sister, daughter, aunt and friend. She loves dogs, sunny weather, anything chocolate (she never says no to a brownie) pizza and red wine. Cathryn lives in beautiful Nova Scotia with her husband, who is convinced he can turn her into a mixed martial arts fan. When not writing, Cathryn can be found Skyping with her son livin ...more

Breaking the Rules (3 books)
  • Pin Me Up Proper (Breaking the Rules, #2)
  • Tie Me Down Tight (Breaking the Rules, #3)

News & Interviews