Start by marking “Extinguish (Extinguish, #1)” as Want to Read:

Extinguish

(Extinguish #1)

One… Two… Three… Four…

I Declare War

Serah always believed the world around her was perfect. As a Power, one of the warrior angels, she has spent her existence defending the innocent from evil. After tragedy strikes, tearing Serah's brother from her life, she's given the task of stopping the approaching apocalypse before it's too late.

Only one thing, though: she has to ventu
Published May 19th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4.5 stars!!

description

You know that feeling where you’re reading a book and it just sucks you right in from the start, into the world the author created, and though you tell yourself to slow down, you just can’t stop yourself from flipping the pages fast to see what happens…but at the same time you went to slowly savor it all? Yeah…that’s how I felt while reading this gripping forbidden romance that I just could NOT put down. It’s such a wonderful thing to know that with all the books I have read and gotte
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

“There’s a gray area, one we all step into. And that’s okay, I think. We’re not immune to emotions.”

There’s no secret that J.M. Darhower is one of my favorite authors. After all, she wrote one of my favorite books of all time. I love her writing style and I love the words she chooses to get me invested in her stories. However I have to admit I was reluctant to read this book simply because PNR is not one of my favorite genres. So to say that I’m surprised that I enjoyed this one wou
DW
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: extinguish
Jennifer Kyle

4.5 Angel/Devil Stars

” Everything I've felt, everything I've been through, doesn't compare to what she gave me." "What's that?" "Love."”

description

Serah is an angel who is in love with the Arch Angel Michael and has been given a job of establishing a truce with Lucifer. Lucifer is Michael’s brother who has fallen and we all know as the Devil and/or Satan. Serah is a beautiful good angel with kindness and compassion. Her brother Samuel has fallen and she is loaded down with questions while trying to seek
Lucia
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I truly loved this, definitely the best adult angel/fallen angel story I have ever read! Do not hesitate and read it, you won't regret it.

My Serah and Luce:

Serah is Power angel - she protects the innocent from evil. She believes in goodness and happily serves the God and his purpose. But after her brother becomes fallen angel and she is ordered to establish the truce at the border between "the righteous and the wicked", Serah starts to ask herself questions. Questions about what is good and bad
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
***4.5 Angel stars***
description

Prior to this series, I’ve read only two books from this author but it took one hell of a bad boy to click with her writing, not just any bad boy, the mother-effing king of hell “Lucifer”

We all know the story of him being cast into the pit for the evil in him and waiting for the ultimate revenge. I was kind of reluctant to read the same mythology again but what I read took me by surprise because this is not about the good vs evil or all that stuff from Supernatural season
Marina
Have you ever considered whether it is possible for good and evil to find a meeting point? Whether there is such a thing as good and evil. Where does the kindness of the angel end and the ruthlessness of the demon begin. Whether you have a choice in the matter or there's nothing you can do to change anything.

Do you feel as if everything surrounding your choices should be questioned by your heart and intellect or followed blindly, guided by some sense of divine knowledge?

"I was going to say Spid
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
11/4/13 Currently FREE ON Amazon!

I'm not a huge paranormal fan but I loved Sempre so I figured I would give this one a try. I really enjoyed the storyline and the book overall was a nice easy read.

Another J.M. Darhower book!! I can't wait!!!
dance photo tumblr_mhwlcqM9031qgs4sno6_250_zps36cba9d7.gif

EXCITED photo tumblr_mghpuzOyJy1rcny7ko1_250_zps5f7b30a2.gif

happy photo tumblr_inline_mizxdrVeMc1qz4rgp_zps2abe813c.gif
Sandra
I have a very important question to the author...

tumblr inline mity9z Dl E01qz4rgp

Ending a book like that is freaking cruel and i swear it should be illegal.

Surely You Cant Be Serious In Airplane Gif

Is that even considered an 'ending'? Cause J.M Darhower is sure as heck didn't feel like it!

27g4t JA

This is a STAND ALONE and nothing was resolved! Absolutely nothing!

Pride and Prejudice
"

Serah in an angel that prefers to look after kids and protect people from evil instead of fighting it.

86cb40c2 2879 4a4e b0c0 830774856f98 zps89c71cb4

But when her brother -Samuel- falls, she get's assigned a new duty. Go to the gates of hell and try to mak
Mistress
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
"One. Two. Three. Four. I declare war."

This was an interesting book about an unconventional, forbidden love

in the ageless war between good and evil. I loved the story of Serah

and Luce
I think J.M. Darhower has created a fascinating world that I want to read more of. I wish this book was longer; it went by way too quickly. I need more answers and I need more of Serah and Luce. This was a very good, quick read. I would recommend this one!

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond goo
M. ~ B&B
The world isn’t always black and white. Sometimes, it’s gray, and sometimes that gray explodes into colors you never knew existed before.

Extinguish was amazing. I slept on it and I am still consumed by it. The story and the writing were so intriguing and perfect that I finished it in one day. I just couldn’t put it down. It made me feel every emotion possible. I laughed, cried, got mad, had hope, felt touched and betrayed. J.M. Darhower has a way with words and her stories are always so wel
Holly
This book has great writing, but the plot is just too rushed to rate this higher. I read, and *really* liked Darhower's Ghosted, so I decided to give some of her earlier works a try. I can still see her talent here for building interesting characters and I really enjoyed how she mixed the timeline up so that the backstory of Samuel/Serah is intermingled with Serah's present-day actions. The apocalypse is where things start to go wrong, especially when (view spoiler) ...more
La-Lionne
Fantastic read! Well deserved 5 stars!

Another amazing read from J.M Darhower. Very different from authors first book, but still just as good.
This story is about good vs evil, and oh-so-good grey place in-between :-D.
description

After reading this book hell doesn't sound so bad, actually it sounds like a place I would like to visit (WHAT?). Yep! :).

This story is about an angel, Serah, that is send to hell to negotiate with Lucifer and convince him to stop the madness. They first meeting didn't go very well.
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
3.5...Good VS Evil Stars!

I admit I am a sucker for a good Angel book! Add in some fallen souls and the biggest baddest Angel of all and I am settling in for a good one!

This is the age old tale of heaven and hell, good versus evil, God and Satan...only with a modern twist and taboo romance attached to it.

Serah is an angel full of Grace. She is intimately attached to the Arch Angel Michael and newly tasked to spend her time trying to convince the dark, dangerous Lucifer to come to a truce and sto
Debra
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars!

Starting the next one right away after that ending...

Full review to come.

**Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Jan 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019-read, pnr-uf, boring
Me in 2019, looking at the bright side of things : 🙂🙂🙂 well 266 pages makes for a long-ass prologue for sure but I'd like to read the actual story now-
Eda**
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites

“It’s not black and white," he said. "If it were, I wouldn’t be here right now, and neither would you. We’re the gray area, angel. We’re the pieces of the puzzle they don’t know what to do with, the pieces that don’t quite fit into their perfect little picture, so they choose to discard us, to keep their image untainted,but we can only be ignored for so long.”

Hell, it is a paranormal romance!

Of course I was going to like it, there was no doubt about that.

But, wow. Just, WOW.

Here's the story:
Rosanna
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Rosanna by: M. ~ B&B
5 Beautiful, Devastating, Riveting, Humorous, Emotional, and Brilliant stars!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what I've read. This book was absolutely fantastic!
I can only hope my review can give it the justice it deserves.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

There is a war waging between good and evil. Serah, a Power angel is sent to the front line to establish a truce with Lucifer after one of her own has fallen.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Serah, not having a choice in the matter meets with Luce and discovers there more to him then what she firs
Anna
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it

Yes ..... Please ❤
Rhonda
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it

Because time passes, and memories fade, but a beating heart never truly forgets anything. -J.M. Darhower

It's been almost a year and a half since I read a book by J.M. Darhower, and only because there wasn't one to read. I found out about this book Extinguish that was scheduled to be released by Darhower, and despite my concerns about her journey in to the supernatural, my inner fan girl wouldn't let me resist!

It only took a few pages for me to settle in to this story, and I quickly found that
Amanda
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This a quick read for me and I don't felt like is 266 pages length, more like 100+. Anyway, for a freebie, I think it packed a punch and totally worth my time.

We have Lucifer aka Satan trying to start a war. And Serah, an angel who was tasked to 'negotiate' with him to cease fire. Serah is such a gentle soul, while Lucifer is an archangel full of hatred. There is no couple more different than them.

What fascinate me the most is Lucifer's character. He is the evil, the Satan. When we first met hi
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Full review to come with book 2 ♥
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

Extinguish is one of my favorite books of 2013!!

Extinguish is unlike anything I have ever read! This dark and twisty romance will keep you on your toes.  It messed with my mind like Luce messed with Serah's, and I had a hard time putting it down.

I read Darhower's Sempre last year after seeing all the rave reviews and loved it.  Her writing style is very fluid and her character development is flawless.  When I heard she was releasing a paranormal romance, I got so excited.  I love a good roma
MK~ Picky Girl
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Not everything is black and white. There are truly many shades of gray. When it comes to heaven and hell, our race as a whole believes it is simply black and white.

But.........

Can love exist in a place of evil? Can malice exist in the divine afterlife? Extinguish will challenge your thoughts and perceptions about good vs. evil.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Oh my god J.M. Darhower has done it again! This author has seriously rocked my world!!! Extinguish was wonderfully good and wicked!!! I'm seriously gushing over thi
Julia (ten_thousand_books)
"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil. -Friedrich Nietzsche.

I actually enjoyed this book so much! I've waited so long and I finally ordered it. The second one should be coming along soon. :)

"Ring-a-round a rosie,
A pocket full of posies,
Ashes! Ashes!
We all fall down."

5/5 stars. :)
Yomi M.
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
What an interesting read. It's definitely something we are not used to seeing from J.M. Darhower.
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Apr 22, 2013 marked it as to-read
FREE TODAY 12-22-14 on Amazon
Buy Link:
Joëlle
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm not a huge fan of Paranormal but this one I loved. Books 1 and 2 are on SALE on Amazon US (Jan 2 2016)
✿kawehi.reviews
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
**Re-polishing an old review of mine**

So for starters, when I received an email from JM Darhower herself providing me with "Extinguish" for an honest review I literally jumped up and down with glee.

I've been a big fan of JM Darhower since "Sempre," my all time favorite read, and was waiting and waiting for another book to read from her. Now "Extinguish" is here! *squee!*

Now ends fangirling and on to the review... ;)
.........

Is it so wrong to love? Well, in Serah's case it is.

The precipice of "E
Leigh
Extinguish didn't work for me at all. Although I love PNR, I found the story boring and honestly wanted to give up and DNF it. I felt nothing for any of the characters they just existed. I felt that the best part of the story was the betrayal because I honestly didn't expect it. That was the first time the story grabbed my attention but it was to late by that point. It's not likely I will even bother with book 2.

• The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Bittersweet Seraphim (Seraphim, #2)
  • Unreap My Heart (The Reaper Series #2)
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • Emancipation Proclamation
  • Cry Little Sister
  • Love and Decay, Episode Five (Love and Decay, #5)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Where I End and You Begin
  • Pieces of Truth (Pieces of Lies, #2)
  • Bleeds My Desire (Blood Bonds, #1)
  • Lost Boy (The Lonely, #2)

Extinguish (2 books)
  • Reignite (Extinguish, #2)
“I think you're my apple," she said quietly. "I don't regret tasting you. I can't. You're not perfect by any means—there are sweeter out there, and you have a few rotten spots—but I'd never have found a juicer apple anywhere in the world."-Serah” 30 likes
“Someday she’d remember, she swore. Someday she’d know his name. Someday she’d know hers. And someday, she’d know why: why he haunted her every thought, why, when she looked into his eyes, she felt like she was home. Because time passes, and memories fade, but a beating heart never truly forgets anything. Never.” 25 likes