Start by marking “Awakening (The Keeper, #1)” as Want to Read:
Awakening (The Keeper, #1)

Awakening (The Keeper #1)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  381 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
Elizabeth is a brilliant loner with a troubling secret she doesn't even know. As if the trauma of her mother being abducted before her eyes as a young girl wasn't enough, the small town she lives in thinks she’s crazy. That all changed when she met Michael, a mysterious and handsome man who identified with her like no one else before.

Michael’s long time friend Vincent visi
Published April 16th 2013 by Harrell Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awakening

O.L. Ramos
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
If you like books like The Vampire Diaries or the Southern Vampire Mysteries, you will love this. It's an exciting and intelligent take on paranormal that leaves you anxious for the next book in the series
Kari Morandi
Feb 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Painful

I liked the way it started, but the dialogue got more and more inane as the book went on. The plot seemed to be planned so that you would read the next book. However, I do not like any of the characters well enough to read the next book.
Jade Lauron
Dec 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )
This was a great book.. Truly addicting. I like that OL keeps all the supernaturals that we know and love but also introduces us to something new. A keeper is a new supernatural species to me along with other surprise's that OL adds in the book.

Izzy has been trying to find out what took her mother and everyone thinks that she is crazy. Her father is no help since he has become a drunk. She has to see shrink after shrink since everyone thinks that she is crazy. Then she meets Michael.

Michael is t
Tammy Hall
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a bombshell of a book! This is one paranormal read that left me saying witches, vampires and werewolves... oh my! The Keepers Awakening is not your run of the mill paranormal romance it has kicked it up a notch or two. Lizzy is not your normal average girl she's seen things that make her question her own sanity including the abduction of her mother right before her eyes yet she has no clue as to what or who took her it's all just a blur. Michael enters Lizzy's life and he is a total gentlem ...more
Crystal
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in place of an honest review.

I will start by saying that if you read this book have an open mind and be ready to hear a bunch of stuff that you have never heard of before. All the technical stuff in this book just blew my mind. I also had to pick which guy I liked best, I mean you don't have to but I picked mine. I will tell you that this is a book about supernaturals and living in a world that we are just barley living in each day.

This book is mainly about a keeper, werewo
Marsha
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Awakening by O.L. Ramos is genius. Werewolves, vampires, witches, slayers and so much more. And they all need The Keeper! I was so enthralled with this book. I never put it down. The characters are as deep and fascinating as you would expect for one who has lived for centuries. There are no holes in the plot or inconsistencies in the characters. I cannot wait for the saga to continue! This book was an experience!
Shon French
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: heart-thumping
A book that gets your heart beating, takes your breath away. It drags you into the paranormal world and surrounds you with your own fantasies. You want to just keep reading and not put the book down because if you do it warps you back into the reality of our own real world. This author has was it takes to put you into your own world when reading.
Vicky
Jul 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
O gods, I couldn't get past the first few pages of dialogue, dialogue!? That's cutting it close. Liz is annoying, obtuse and hearing her thoughts is painful and inane. "Oh no I think he can read me like a book" thankfully we can judge this book by its first few pages, open and shut it quick.
Bev
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Izzy always kept to herself, but didnt expect such a huge change in her life. A werewolf and a vampire enter her life. She finds out things about the paranormal and that it is real! I truly enjoyed this book. 5/5 stars.
Tanya Conaway
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
loved it couldn't stop reading the plot and characters were very well written add some new supers to the mix an all out excellent read can't wait for the sequel! !
Kathy Bluntson
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
real good!!
Jeannie Zelos
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Keeper: Awakening (The Keeper Series) O.L. Ramos

I received an ARC in exchange for honest review.

I was contacted by the author and asked to review this book. As usual I looked and read the Amazon sample and decided it was something I'd like to read. Its a very good début book from Mr Ramos and I'd love to read next in the series – hope you don't keep us waiting too long!

It begins with Elizabeth (Liz, Izzy) talking to her therapist about her background. Liz saw her mum taken by something – r
Erin V
I was not feeling it. By page 92 I was done.
Candy Golden
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book....getting to know Lizzy, Michael and Vincent was a blast. I understood Lizzy, and could relate to being a loner and feeling like I didn't belong. I love how when she met Michael and trusted him with her story, that he handled her compassionately and gently and didn't make her feel alone anymore.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like Vincent, to tell you the truth. His immaturity and constant sarcasm truly got on my nerves at first. By the end of the story, I was smitt
Darlene
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Darlene by: O L Ramos
Shelves: beta-read
I received a copy of this book as a ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review this is my review an my opinion.
O.L. Ramos has written two books so far in this series of the :Keeperone is the The Keeper Awaking , and the other is the The Keeper Revenge.Both of these books are excellent works. I highly recommend them to everyone. When I first picked up the the Awaking an started reading the book. I could not put the book down until I had finished reading it 3 hours later. For me , that w
Samantha Woods
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Michael is t
Wendy
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED it and already bought the rest in the series that's out!

Loved the spin of the 'Keeper' in this book along with the usual Vamps and Were's and 'Others'. It kept me turning the pages to see what Lizzy was getting into next and what Michael and Vincent would do to catch her attention and what they would do to keep her safe. This was a well written, thought out book. I really liked Vincent and his blunt sarcastic comments, he made me LOL alot. I didn't know who to root for, him or Michael, and
Valerie
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wasn't sure what to expect but pleasantly surprised. Fast paced reading.. dives into Elizabeth who at first glance you may think she's a bit nuts. Stories of her mothers disappearance right in front of her lands her with a dad who dives into alcohol to forget. Elisabeth is brilliant well above her age level and almost has a masters. While in the diner she works at things begin to unravel...a mysterious man who she's drawn too enters her life and she unfolds and bears all and he doesn't run... fi ...more
Kelli Smith
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible read. After reading many Paranormal books, sometimes the genre can get stale. Mr. Ramos has refreshed and added to! The characters are very specific and relatable,Vincent is my favorite. The story is packed with great fight scenes. The plot has some very interesting twists and turns and kept involved and interested the entire time. Also, Mr. Ramos has added a NEW paranormal Species that I, for one, have never heard of. The book is well written and flows easily.

I am a huge new
Shandi Leonard
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes this book was amazing!! At first I was thinking maybe Michael was the vamps but as soon as I learned about the notorious Vincent I knew exactly what he was. Werewolf or not Michael is a gentle kind soul keeping watch over the balance between humanity and supers. This book explodes into conspiracy between supers and secrets are revealed. The cliff hanger at the end ensures interest and determination to dive right into the second book The Keeper: Revenge, which I am about to do :)
Christina Gholson
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If your looking for a super hot paranormal romance series than here you go! Trust me once you start you'll never put it down! The Keeper series is one of my all time favs just can't get enough!! I've currently read this book twice and I def plain on reading it quite a few more times! Its currently free to download at amazon.com so what are you waiting for go check out a series you'll never forget!!! :)
Julie Garrett
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book..., the introduction of a new super intrigued me. Lizzy discovers her powers as a Keeper with the help of Michael the werewolf that is in charge of protecting the universes balance. Along with Vincent the ooooo so sexy Vampire the 3 of them set out to protect our world an thiers from evil
Heather
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-fire
loved this! i never wanted to put it down. the characters are great and storyline amazing!
Kathy Harrington
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, more-to-series
A man wrote this??? Wow, I'm impressed. The story was logical and well executed. The characters banter and snarky remarked kept the story light. I will be finishing this series.
Lisa Walker
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A must read! Will keep you on your toes!!!
Janna Ward
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was funny. I am looking forward to reading the rest of The Keeper series. I could not put this book down
Jennifer Reeves
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow! This book was absolutely awesome! I couldn't put it down. I was hooked at the first chapter. I can't wait to read the second book, and continue the journey. This is a must read book!
Aubrey Morelock
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
really enjoyed this book. The characters are believable and it has solid storyline. I look forward to more books from this author.
Loni Engledow
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-books
WOW!!
  • What Lies Inside (Blood Bound, #1)
  • Glacial Eyes (Salt Lake After Dark, #1)
  • The Soul Series: Special Edition (Soul, #1-3)
  • Dark Prelude
  • Apocalypse of Angels: Seeing Angels (Apocalypse of Angels, #1)
  • Immortal Wounds
  • Loco (Razer 8, #1)
  • Ageless Sea (Ageless, #1)
  • Not An Angel (Poryria Vampire, #1)
  • Natural Selection (Forces of Nature, #1)
  • Rising Dawn (The Jessica Dawn Series, #1)
  • The First Alpha
  • Marked for Vengeance (Alyx Rayer Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Marriage
  • Sanguis City (Sanguis City, #1)
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • The Shadow (The Darkness Trilogy, #1)
  • Laura's Wolf (Werewolf Marines, # 1)

The Keeper (6 books)
  • Revenge (The Keeper #2)
  • Rebirth (The Keeper, #3)
  • Sanctuary (The Keeper, #4)
  • Unveiled (The Keeper, #5)
  • Conspiracy (The Keeper #6)