Start by marking “Lies Unspoken (Flawed Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lies Unspoken (Flawed Love, #1)

Lies Unspoken (Flawed Love #1)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  2,130 Ratings  ·  261 Reviews
I tried hard not to fall for the bad guy.

My new roommate, Blake, is a jerk—an unemployed artist with a chip on his shoulder. I can’t stand him unless his hands are on me. He makes me desperate for him, and everything he makes me feel.

And then there’s my new boss, Pierce--successful, charming, and extremely good-looking. He goes after what he wants, but what does he see i
Published December 14th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Lies Unspoken, please sign up.

Eva Luna You are left with an huge cliffhanger...

Jennifer Kyle
Nov 18, 2014 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs

”When I fall, I fall quickly. Love doesn’t come with a parachute; I learned that the hard way.”

description

Lila Fields has recently had her heart broken. She heads to Chicago to stay in her friend’s empty apartment for a fresh start. On Lila’s flight into town she is seated next to Pierce Stanley sexy businessman who seems totally taken with her. Pierce gives Lila his business information to connect for a job opportunity.

Once arriving at the apartment, Lila is surprised that her friend’s hot and broody b
{ARC Generously Provided by Author in Exchange For an Honest Review}

"Love isn't defined by what you deserve. It's about finding that one person you know you can't live without and never letting them go."

photo 15556fd4e2908a90c8b7dd15bde3ca64_zps0fd99eca.jpg

Lila Fields is a young woman who decided to pack her bags and leave her home in Nebraska for a new life in Chicago. She was engaged to her college sweetheart who decided to dump her the day before their wedding. Too many things remind her of her ex and so she is determined to change things up.
Christy
Sep 29, 2013 Christy rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo LiesUnspoken1jpg_zps14497258.jpg

Lisa DeJong is one of those authors that knows how to bring out emotions in me. Lies Unspoken was intense. It was captivating. It was full of angst and heartache, and it made me feel. I was a mess while reading parts of this. It was an addictive book that I couldn’t put down.

photo LiesUnspoken2jpg_zps20acd1d9.jpg

Lila Fields needs a fresh start. A new beginning. After getting her heart broken by her college sweetheart, she gets out of town to start over. She has a friend in Chicago who is willing to let her use her place wh
Lisa De Jong
Apr 22, 2013 Lisa De Jong rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lies Unspoken is ON SALE for 99 cents!

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Dec 06, 2014 Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads rated it it was amazing
This is the hardest review I've had to write all year. Sometimes you read a book that's so magnificent, so completely perfect you literally don't have words to describe it and no matter how hard you try, no matter how hard you dig inside yourself, you can’t find the right ones.

This...

This book incapacitated me. It pulled emotions from so deep within my body that I swear, I didn’t even know they existed. Honest to God, I had trouble seeing past the F5 tornado that churned in the base of my chest
Beverly
Dec 15, 2014 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
4 Stars

What do you do when the life you thought you had is complete destroyed. After her boyfriend of seven years decides to dump her weeks before their wedding, Lila decides to leave.

She spent her time moping, now it is time to move on. Since her best friend is in Europe for the next few months she offers her her apartment in Chicago. With a degree in interior design and no experience she sets out to change her life and move on from her past. Little does she know the first change will come in t
 ⚛  KAT ⚛ ⊱Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books⊰
☆Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review☆

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Lies Unspoken
SERIES: (Flawed Love, #1)
AUTHOR: Lisa De Jong
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: December 14th 2014
MY RATING:★★★★

4 Panty Dampener Blake Stars

His grin could melt thousands of panties and break a million hearts

The last book I read of this authors I ended up crying ugly tears!! Thank god this didn't have me in that state!! But it did have me wanting to throw my ipad at the wall with Blake's i
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
4.5-5 stars.
 photo LIESUNSPOKENCOOOO_zps564da4b6.jpg

I had to take a couple days away before writing this review, to collect my thoughts and to calm down.

Here are the characters (in order of appearance) at play in Lies Unspoken:

Lila Fields..typical college graduate, dumped girlfriend, pretty, naive, young, sweet, fun loving, ready to take on the adult world...and boy does she.

Derek......Baseball jock, college sweetheart
Pierce.....Mysterious stranger, rich, sweet, alpha, hot
Blake......Mysterious bad boy, infuriating, hot, tortured sou
Carissa
Dec 18, 2014 Carissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s-2014
3 'Lemon Drop' Stars

"I want what every woman wants . . . to feel wanted."

Starting over in a new city after a failed relationship, Lila's creating a new life for herself. What she didn't expect was to meet two vastly different men simultaneously. One with soft and tender caresses, gentle and calming words; then his mean, angsty, brooding twin persona.

Love doesn’t come with a parachute; I learned that the hard way.”

Blake, the enigmatic, sexy, arrogant, and resident pain in the ass, roommate. Who
Saffron
Nov 07, 2014 Saffron rated it liked it
Shelves: dec-2014
2.5 Stars!!!
Chiara Cilli
Nov 25, 2014 Chiara Cilli rated it it was amazing

E' questa la parola d'ordine di questo incredibile romanzo. Un tormento che proverete dall'inizio alla fine, in un crescendo che non vi lascerà neppure una via di fuga.
Vorrete urlare.
Vorrete piangere.
Vorrete spaccare tutto.
Vorrete fare qualcosa - qualunque cosa - ma non potrete.

Fin dal momento in cui aggiunsi questo libro alla mia TBR, sapevo che sarebbe stato la mia rovina. E adesso, a quasi un anno di distanza, io
sono
      letteralmente
                         d i s t r u t t a.

La colpa è di d
Brit
ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review thank you

Title: Lies Unspoken
HEA: (view spoiler)
Overall Rating: More than 5 emotionally unprepared stars

Character Casting:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPicSometimes, love just isn't enough.

I am a devastating mess. I thought I was emotionally prepared for this book but I wasn't. My feelings were on a
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Pretty
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Hot
Overall: A good solid read
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Falling in love with the wrong man
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Blake

SUMMARY (80 words or less)
This is my first book by this author and I was recommended this read. At first its a little slow, but things do pick up. I didn't figure everything out, but unfortunately, I wasn't interested enough to move on to the next book. I did get spoiler
mich
“There’s not a whole lot in this world I care about, but every time I look in those green eyes of yours, I don’t have any control.”

*eyeroll* At least give me some believable build-up if you’re gonna start spouting cheesy nonsense shit like that.

And don’t get me started on the other dude who sits next to her on a plane ride and has a half-second conversation with her and now it sounds like he’s about to offer her a highly sought after apprenticeship in his company because he “saw something i
Vanessa
At first I was like...

And then I was like...

But I'm not surprised...Lisa De Jong has the uncanny ability to evoke every single emotion in her readers...this book is no exception.

Full review to come...

**FULL REVIEW**

“I was almost there when I heard him yell my name. I didn’t turn around; I just kept going. I thought about everything I’d lost and everything I’d never have. I’d trusted my heart to him, and he left it in a million pieces. I said goodbye to my happily ever after.”

Lila is off to Ch
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
description

ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review
Amanda
'I can’t do this hot and cold bullshit. I moved here to make life less complicated, and you’ve turned it into a freaking Rubik’s cube.'

What if I said I can solve a Rubik's cube in under two minutes

It's been a week since I finished this book. Obviously, I haven't reviewed it yet, so from this point we can just pretend I know what to say in an eloquent way.

Lies Unspoken. New Adult. White girl move to new town to run away from her past. Meets broody white guy who is borderline stalker. Sounds fa
JL
Oct 29, 2015 JL rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"No one ever said love was easy. It it were, it wouldn't be worth it."

I knew it, this book will slay me. I should have known that Lisa de Jong will have my heart broken and she did it again. Have you ever experienced that moment when you found yourself enjoying the book and then you have no words to describe it because it was so amazing and you can’t find the right terms to describe it? That’s what I felt after reading this book.

I really don’t know how people (and that includes fictional chara
Cinta
Jun 29, 2013 Cinta rated it really liked it
Melissa
Review can also be found on my blog: http://melissa-reads-books.blogspot.b...

*ARC received in exchange of an honest review*

Those who know me a little, know that I love When It Rains by Lisa. Lisa is an amazing writer. She makes you love her characters so much and she’s a pro in writing romances. This is why I was super excited when I got the chance to read this ARC. So thanks a lot, Lisa!

“Our bodies pressed together, singing a soulful duet while our tongues dance. He’s my air, my water… everythi
Greta
Feb 11, 2017 Greta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-english
"Nessuno ha mai detto che l'amore è semplice. Se lo fosse, non ne varrebbe la pena."

Prendetevi una boccata d'aria prima di iniziare questo libro, è un consiglio che viene dal cuore. Nonostante tutte le recensioni che ho letto prima di iniziarlo, ho comunque preso una tranvata in faccia che manco un tir.
E' una storia intensa, molto sofferta, a cui mi sono affezionata sin dall'inizio. Mi sono affezionata a Lila, alla vita difficile che ha vissuto e che continua a vivere, mi sono affezionata a
Melissa
Nov 24, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
"I want what every woman wants . . . to feel wanted."

A story full of hidden truths and two very different guys. I found myself torn between them!

Lila was all set to walk down the aisle, until her fiancé broke her heart. Determined to leave behind the painful memories, she heads to Chicago for a fresh start. Her plan is to take advantage of her friend's empty apartment until she can afford a place of her own. Well, it was supposed to be empty. Her friend failed to mention her moody brother, Bl
Cherry Hurtado
Dec 21, 2014 Cherry Hurtado rated it liked it
** arc received by author for honest review***

Truthfully I have been trying to figure out what to say in my review. I'm not saying I didn't like the story. Because I did end up liking certain things about it. Other things I just couldn't get pass.

Thinks I didn't enjoy:

1. It took me about 40 percent to actually get attached to the story. Usually I'm pretty good at knowing I'm liking a book after 2 or 3 chapters.
2. It was hard to get attached to the main girl for some reason. She was just I don't
Anne OK
May 14, 2013 Anne OK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
When love just isn’t enough – even when there are lemon drops and frozen hot chocolate thrown into the mix – it’s heartbreaking, breathtaking, and at times terribly painful. The first book in a new series with a great start. It's an exceptionally terrific read!

Yes, there’s a triangle involved – but with a definite forerunner from almost the beginning! The characters are flawed, bruised and emotionally fractured. There is a ton of painfully agonizing angst to trudge through but it’s well-defined
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Another emotional read. Lisa De Jong really manages to captivate your attention with these characters. We have a tormented artist, a successful architect and an interior designer. This is a love triangle of sorts but with one partner chosen.

The push and pull is intense, the underlying not knowing eats away at you and the answers you want are not really revealed until near the end. Once again, I had tears (it has been such an emotional weekend of reads) and I am sucker and diving into book 2 stra
Lustful Literature
Dec 08, 2014 Lustful Literature rated it really liked it
**KIM'S REVIEW**

*4.5 Stars*

“When I fall, I fall quickly. Love doesn’t come with a parachute; I learned that the hard way.”

Lila always dreamed of one day marrying the man of her dreams. And when she met Derek in high school she thought he would be that guy. Eventually they got engaged but one day Derek decided he didn’t see Lila as his happily ever after and broke off the engagement.

“A fresh start. A new beginning. A life I’m creating for myself.”

Now Lila is moving to Chicago to get away and star
GreenFairy
**I received an ARC of this in exchange of an honest review**

This is the first book I've had the opportunity to read by this author. I didn't have any expectations going in. No prior readings to compare to. Nor have I even checked out other reviews that have been posted. Clean slate, as I like to say.

I have been having a really hard time connecting with lead female characters. Lila is no exception. Small town girl moving to a big city. Relied on her best friend to get herself set up. She did no
Hms
Oct 13, 2014 Hms rated it really liked it
Shelves: cliffhanger
Surprisingly, I am giving this story 4 stars. It has two things I loathe, a cliffhanger and a whining heroine who can't make up her mind or draw a sane conclusion on her own. The second installment better conclude this story. Move on to Dana or Reece finding their love and HEA.
Ashleigh
Dec 14, 2014 Ashleigh rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable !
Courtney
Nov 01, 2013 Courtney rated it it was amazing
As most of you know, Lisa is one of my favorite romance writers. I am not a huge romance reader (yes odd considering our blog is mainly romance) but Lisa is one of the very few authors that I will read without even asking what the book is about. Her writing has always been able to be able to pull at my heart. And she does that once again with Lies Unspoken.

“Love isn’t defined by what you deserve. It’s about finding that one person you know you can’t live without and never letting them go.”

Li
next book 2 14 Apr 13, 2015 02:59PM
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Path of Destruction (Broken Heartland, #2)
  • Curve
  • Twisted Souls (Twisted, #1)
  • Invisible Love Letter (Love Letter, #1)
  • Liquid & Ash
  • Captive Films 2.1
  • Never Me
  • His Wounded Light (The Light in the Wound, #2)
  • Out of Control (Untamed #2)
  • A Fire That Burns (A Fire That Burns, #1)
  • Pressure Point (Point, #2)
  • Moon Mark (Mark, #2)
  • My Biggest Mistake
  • Hitchhiker
  • Sweetest Venom (Virtue, #2)
  • Me (Perfect Chaos, #1)

Flawed Love (2 books)
  • Love Unspoken (Flawed Love, #2)

“Love isn’t defined by what you deserve. It’s about finding that one person you know you can’t live without and never letting them go.-Pierce” 10 likes
“You're the type of woman that men don't know they want until they've already fallen. You're there, and then you're just...everywhere.” 8 likes