Start by marking “Forbidden Angel” as Want to Read:

(Spencer #1)

When Adrian Spencer, The Tenth Earl of Windsford, finds himself the unlikely guardian of the one woman he cannot forget, he has a decision to make. He can follow the dictates of his heart and pursue Angeline and the sensual promise implicit in her eyes, or adhere to the strict moral code he was born to uphold and deny them both.

Made to flee England after the murder of his
Published August 29th 2012 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Angel

james a. wilcox
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

I could hardly put down, I loved it. It took me a long to finish the book as I because a tender heart I had to stop many times to blow my nose and wipe my eyes .. I everyone enjoys it as I have..
Soli Nichiyo Davis
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Forbidden Angel was not too sweet

Lovely and lively female characters, great character development and I enjoyed the strength of the female characters and vulnerability of the men.
Cyliena
I'm confused about the plethora of strong reviews for this book. The premise sounds good, but the writing technique was poor. The book had several problems:

* Absolutely no white space/scene break between scenes. Characters would seemingly do the equivalent of teleporting or time traveling (for example: in one scene the two main characters are down by the barn, and suddenly in the next paragraph the male lead is looking out his study window). This was jarring and confusing.
* Almost-but-not-quite-
Beverly McCall
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this historical romance book, Forbidden Angel, we meet our female protagonist, Lady Angeline Ashley, at a time when she is extremely vulnerable. The recent passing of her father leaves her and her younger brother, James, orphaned. I like the way Ms. Rice hooks the reader in the opening scenes. Here is where we witness a conflict between Lady Angeline and our antagonist, Charles Malcom. Rice uses anger and emotions to hook the reader as these two argue. Malcom presents a promissory note demand ...more
Maria
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel was a little different and very entertaining. You've got Adrian Spencer, the Earl of Windsford, who had to flee England because he had been accused of killing his fiancee and although he was not going to be prosecuted, was being looked upon - or so he thought - by his peers as less than what his position in society deserved. He goes off to Texas and builds a cattle empire and is very happy with his new life. Things change when he has becomes the guardian of a young woman, Angeline Ash ...more
Brandi
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
The story had great potential. However, editing failed it.

One moment you have Angeline's point of view and then bam no break no indication what so ever and you have someone else's. I found myself on several occasions feeling like I had inadvertantly skipped a page and missed something.

At other times, things were just repetitive. Nothing of importance either. Just plain redundant.

The book also dragged on a bit. I think we had too much crammed in. For instance, some of the characters such as Mi
CB Loves Books
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book seemed much longer than most of the romances I've read, but there was so much plot. When I got to the end, I had to think about where the book started - the main characters had changed so much. Angeline was so strong-willed, unable to let anyone take care of her. Adrian was blind and couldn't see just how much he loved her. A few times the book slowed, but then it took off again with another twist I didn't see coming. There were a lot of characters in this book, but the author seemed t ...more
Carol Ann
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting story from the 1880's love, desire, intrigue, sex, family and a HEA.

Thought this was a regency romance but it was also a western and international story. It had lots of love, action and family history and of course an evil villain with several heros too. Interesting book with plenty of sex scenes and a surprise happy ending. I recommend this book as a little bit different regency romance and will look for more from this author.
Andrea Berner
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a read

When beginning this story I thought it would be a good story, much along the lines of what I have read before, well how wrong was I.

It had it all. Interesting characters with odd sneaky one thrown in to spice it all up, romance all around and more that I could ever had initially envisioned.

It's an amazingly written novel that Sandra Lea Rice has given us. I would say if you think you want a story that is anything but the norm, this is the one.
Kathleen Hillman
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very delightful story spanned over three countries. Adrian had no need to seduce Angelina to get her to marry him as she already loved him. Malcolm turns up like a bad penny and as the wicked baron you can not but hate him and wish he would have died in the fire. Still trying to w.ok out the Ashley ,Francesca and Phillippe

Angle but rather glad that Phillippe is her father. Fernando's sacrifice made up for his parochial behavior. Very entertaining story.
Janet Wild
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful tale that crosses the continent's

A tale of love, hate, jealous and greed intermingled with family secrets that gradually unfold and lead to the healing of family ties. Would love for Edwards story to be told, this quiet character blended within the main story has a feeling of development into more
Danelle
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very good read!

Angelina and Adrian 's love story is a good one. There are a whole lot of twists & turns that keep the reader guessing and it all comes out in the end with a great HEA. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Janet Russell
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A little long

But action drama mystery and ahh sweet love blooming in many corners. Story spanning American west and Europe and a dastardly diabolical nemesis and a few family surprises.
Julie ambrose
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read

Enjoyable from start to finish.Loved the characters the story flows through the pages throughout. Got to have a nasty villain ,plenty of handsome hero's and strong beautiful women . I will be reading more from this authors 😉
Maria
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book!

I loved reading this story. Loved the different love stories, rich details and the ending. It was very well written.
Karen
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Very enjoyable adventure with danger nipping at the heels in three countries & secrets long burried revealed.
Quite a few twists & turns. Look forward to more.
Angela
Very good

I really enjoyed this book it had everything in it that makes a good read lots going on through out the book did not put it down
Tom Prejsner
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romance

Thank you for sharing these wonderful romance novels series books. Please keep writing more of these wonderful books. Thank you
Charlotte Lowe
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forbidden Angel

Three different countries, three different men who loved her, and three escapes from danger all wrap up the world of Angeline.
Susanne Taylor
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spanish Romance

This was an interesting book of love, intrigue, greed and redemption. It took me from England to Texas . I came to admire the characters.
Melanie
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Jumbled

It jumps from character to character with no order. I find myself having to reread and pause because of a sudden change or time jump. Very poorly written
Mary Biagioli
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intricate plot with in depth characterizations

Getting to know the many characters in a sweeping love story spanning two generations and two continents was a memorable experience.
Tanya Brooks
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Romance with a twist

Love that the villain was made to pay in the end and that a would be villain turned out o be a pretty great guy.
Sharon S. Parker
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forbidden Angel

This is a good read. The story would make an interesting series. The author is an accomplished writer and her characters are real and compelling.
Eve
Feb 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Confusing book, it's hard to follow the story.
jennifer robinson
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting

The book holds you through things you presume will happen, but the twists that occur are unexpected. I enjoyed reading this tale.
Linda Rose
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very likable characters

The good guys are very very good and the bad guy is very very bad. A charming story of love and loyalty.
J. Debling
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable Read

Fast paced story with interesting characters good use of contrast between life in America and life in Spain I recommend this book
Clare
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
not what I was expecting , enjoyed it , very easy read highly recommend it
Di
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Good story line. Difficult to follow at times, due to poor editing

• Up Close and Personal
  • One Step Away (Bedford Falls, #1)
  • Out of the Friend Zone
  • Acadian Waltz
  • Good Girls
  • Deceiving an Heiress  (Cinderella Heiresses, #3)
  • Let's Pretend
  • No Smoke Without A Fire (The Cougar Club, #1)
  • I, Walter
  • Exposing Alix
  • Family Ties (Sunset Crescent, #1)
  • Can't Stop Loving You (Forever Friends #1)
  • Once and Always (Women of Character, #2)
  • Kiss me, Chloe
  • Emma vs. the Tech Guy
  • Not A Chance
  • Nowhere to Run (Stephanie Carovella #1)
  • Betting on Hope

Spencer (2 books)
  • The Sanctuary (A Spencer Novel)