Start by marking “April Showers (April, #1)” as Want to Read:
April Showers (April, #1)

April Showers

(April #1)

What happens when your head and your heart pull you in completely opposite directions?

April Adams is about to find out the hard way.

When April enrolls at Manchester University, it feels like a whole new life. New city, new house, new friends...new crush.

Isaac Sharpe is the hottest guy on campus - with an even hotter reputation. After a chance meeting, April quickly finds
Published June 14th 2013 by Karli Perrin

To ask other readers questions about April Showers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about April Showers

Katy Loves Romance ❤️
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
First of all I want to shout a big CONGRATULATIONS to Karli Perrin for writing this little gem!!

photo clapping_zps5b46af63.gif

When I was reading this splendid story I was biting my lip anxious to what was going to happen next...
 photo lubilicious_zpsccca8072.jpg

This was somewhat of a rollercoaster of a story as well as emotional story!!

photo rollercoastergif_zpsa0cd274b.gif

Anyway onto the review!!

April is embarking on a new start, a new chapter in her life starting Manchester university, she's on her own so she's starting fresh making new friends. On her first day she bumps literally into se
Love, Holly Xx
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing

********ARC received in exchange for an honest review********

"Sometimes it's impossible to stop ourselves from falling." - Isaac.

Twenty year old April Adams is just starting her first year at Manchester University when she literally falls at the feet of a sexy stranger. The attraction is immediate but their meeting is brief as April has to rush to class which is where she meets the good looking, boy-next-door Lukas Roberts, who she instantly bonds with and agrees to meet him at a party
Em
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
TOTALLY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS ONE!!!!

I thought it was a stand alone!! Ending with a "to be continued" broke my heart and actually pissed me off. (If it is not a stand alone there should be some kind of notice/warning, MARK IT AS SUCH!).

I really enjoyed it up until that point!! The banter was sweet and funny at times. Both guys were excellent choices and April's feelings/concerns for both were understandable. Hopefully my frustration and outrage with this not being a standalone is also understan
Katie
Jun 09, 2013 rated it liked it
3.25 Stars!

So I saw lots of good reviews for this book, and I can see where people are coming from––April Showers was a sweet story––but there was just too much that brought it down for me.

I'll start with the Good:

The writing was well done and easy to read, with no noticeable errors. The story was sweet and fun, and there was sarcasm and banter, which I love. April's friend Katie (awesome name, I know;)) was great too, she actually gave good advice and she was really funny.

"I was happy to be wi
BookHeroin
Aug 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
1 star
Skipped alot of pages, it was very boring. I expected it to be more interesting but it was extremely boring.
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
***Copy kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review***

“You deserve a man who makes you feel butterflies. Love isn’t safe. Love is crazy and scary and unpredictable. You can’t control it and you sure as hell can’t fight it. It’s one of life’s greatest risks…but it’s also one of life’s greatest gifts.”

I tend to avoid love triangle books because, well, they’re messy, complicated, and usually leave me unsatisfied. These kinds of books have to be written in a certain way for me to get
Louise BookbestiesUK
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
***Arc received from author in exchange for honest review***

Love Love Love but my god what a cliffhanger!!

Fantastic debut novel by Karli Perrin. She managed to do what even some of the most experienced writers fail to do....make believable characters :)

April has just started at Manchester Uni when she quite literally runs into the hot and very sexy Isaac.

They connect on both a physical and emotional level, but as luck would have it he's one of her tutors at Uni...therefore forbidden.

But he's
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
I didn't remember anything from the blurb going into this one, but when I cracked it open, what I found was insta-attraction. I can totally deal with that. I liked the mystery guy and I enjoyed April and Isaac's banter. Then we have Lukas, the best-friend-material kind of guy who quickly becomes April's rock. I wanted more of that relationship to find her feelings towards him believable.

I can't talk about my feelings regarding April, her choices or anything regarding this book without mild spoil
Lindsey
Jul 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-freebies
3.5 Stars

April Showers is a cute quick read. Before you read it, make sure you keep in mind this is based in England (the lingo threw me off a few times) It is well written, and kept my attention for the majority of the read.

Now for my cons.
April was just a love sick mess for Isaac which is fine, but she kept saying her heart craved him, and she was so distraught. By this time she only actually talked to him for two days. A little too insta love for me. I wish April would have made her mind up
Z. Elizabeth
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When April Adams enrolled in Manchester University, never in a million years did she think her life would end up the way it did. On the first day, she quite literally runs into the hottest guy on campus – Isaac Sharpe. That chance meeting is now all she can think about. But what happens when she finds out exactly who Isaac is? Her heart just broke.

Lukas Roberts is the first friend April meets on her course. He quickly becomes her best friend, her security blanket, the one she can rely on. But wh
Rebecca
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First off, let me just say a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to the lovely lady who created this delicious little gem, Karli Perrin. I can't put into words how much I loved April Showers, but I'm gonna' try, because it is definitely worth making a big song and dance about. The first three words I will use to describe it will be: Lip bitingly good ...
lip biting photo: lip biting lipbiting_zps10f05361.jpg
... and I can assure you, I am not exaggerating.

In a nutshell.
April Adams is just starting university. Leaving her best friend Katie behind at home, she's
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jodies-reviews

image

"You deserve a man who makes you feel butterflies. Love isn't safe. Love is crazy and unpredictable. You can't control it and you sure as hell can't fight it. It's one of life's greatest risks...but it's also one of life's greatest gifts."

April Showers was absolutely amazeballs!! It was chock-a-blockfull of hilarious fun banter (Amazing banter - some of the best!!), friendship, romance & the chemistry was just oozing from the pages!
Katie & April: "I was happy to be with Lukas but then
Emma Harris
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
April Showers ~ Karli Perrin
Review

I received an ARC of Karli's April Showers as part of the blog tour.

Ok, first of all let me tell u that I was hooked from the very start of this book, and to be really honest I couldn't put it down, I read 76% in one sitting & only stopped because it was really late & I had to get up for work early the next day otherwise I would of carried on reading!

The pace of April Showers was really good, it starts by going straight into it, love that about a book
Samantha
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holy-cliffhanger
What can I say..... Other than a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Karli Perrin on a truly outstanding book. Bought it as soon as it went live at midnight and tortured myself all day knowing it was on my kindle and had to wait!!!!

I'm not a reviewer, just a huge book fan and sometimes I get so caught up in the book, I feel the need to share, so I apologise in advance for this "review" ( I use the term loosely)

I started April Showers at 5o'c and can basically "devoured" it in 6hrs!!! I was totally hooked fro
Jenn
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
What an Awesome read Ms. Karli!!!!!
I must say this book hit the mark for my in so many ways. I went back and forth with my rating between 4 to 5 stars. I really wish that Goodreads gave 1/2 a stars because I truly rate with one a 4.5.

So let me tell you what I loved about this book. The Author did a beautiful job with the writing it just flowed effortlessly, this made even better to read. The characters where realistic and I connected to them pretty quickly. I loved their funny bantered though ou
Jacinda
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of the greatest books I have EVER read. I started the book and couldn't put it down. I was hooked right away and I finished in just four hours. I can't wait for book 2 already. I loved April, she was funny and (one of my favorite things in a female character) sarcastic. And I lllooovvveee Isaac he is just the ideal dream guy. He is HOT, funny, and (HeHe) sarcastic. I am dying to know what happens next. What happens to Lukas? Is he ok? UGH I really, REALLY hate cliffhangers. It ...more
Allyson
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a story twists and turns I didn't see coming. This book was a page turner for me. I fell in love with Isaac I mean how could you not. Only bad thing about this story....Book 2 isn't ready and I have to wait. I don't like waiting
Amanda
Sep 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
"He laughed, “Whenever you want. We could go now, if you'd like?”
I thought about it for a moment. It would be pretty damn stupid of me to wander off into the night with a complete stranger…a completely beautiful stranger.
“Okay.”
"

I honestly have no idea how to start this review. For once thing I’d like to talk about Isaac whom I had a problem with from the very beginning. But, his creepiness isn’t worse than April’s stupidity. And then we have the plot. So, let’s start with Isaac.

""If you were mi
Tricia  Santos
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I’m so glad I happened to stumble upon this book. I can’t believe this little book is Karli Perrin’s debut novel. It was a short, light read that had me flipping through the pages like a mad woman. I was not expecting to find this book to be so unputdownable. I knew I would like it because I am obsessed with all things London and this book takes place in London (aka it has hot English male leads), but I didn’t think I would love this book. It has a love triangle, it has angst, it has that colleg ...more
Michelle
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 I'm-love-with-Issac-stars!

April is running late to class, but this moment might just change her life. Suddenly she is knocked to the ground and looks up to see him. Issac and April share a few moments of conversation, and I have to say I loved their back and forth from the start. The sarcasm and innuendo laced banter was well written and enjoyable. But they don't exchange names - just a few glances before she hurries off to class. Where she meets Lukas, and he immediately puts her at ease.

But
Megan
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
So WHAT is with all these amazing authors coming outta the UK lately? Or am I just really slow to take notice of them? If that's the case I am SO sorry!!!

Anyways! This book was so awesome! Not only is the cover super amazing (I admit I'm a bit of a cover whore) but just by reading the description of the book you cant help but be interested in it! and let me tell you it does NOT disappoint!

I really liked April, she is a very quirky character just looking for a fresh start. On her first day of sch
Courtney
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! First off Karli – I have a total girl crush on you now!! LOL You know a book is fan-fucking-tastic when you are tweeting/messaging the author about scenes and freaking out!!!

I absolutely love this story!!! I love it so much, I have no idea where to start this review!! I want to say so much but won’t because I refuse to give anything away!!!

Isaac. Lukas. Isaac. Lukas. Oh my - April has her work cut out for her!!!

What are the chances of meeting two hot, sexy men in one day?? One makes her h
Zili
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na

I think it's pretty clear how much I like myself some New Adult fun, and that I'm always on the lookout for a new NA author or book. Well thanks to the joys of Twitter and fellow bloggers (Yes, Zoe I mean you) I stumbled across April Showers by British author Karli Perrin.

Set in North West England, April Showers follows April Adams as she starts her new life at Manchester Uni. My first day at Uni involved a lot of awkward getting to know you moments, where as April's included meeting two uber h
Heather
Holy roller coaster of emotions, I am not talking about the fun, screaming for joy, make you want to do it again kind either.
I am talking about the kind that are up and down and makes you anxious, scream you brains out terror, hair pulling kind. The kind that make you wonder why you even went there?

Don't get me wrong, this book was fan-freaking-tastic!!!!

I don't know where to begin, so lets start at the beginning shall we.....

April goes to college, runs in to cute, hot guy, like literally runs i
Laura Smith
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'd read so many good reviews about this book that I was partially excited, partially nervous - I really wanted to like it, what if I didn't??? I didn't like it....I loved it!!! The writing was 1st class, I loved April, she really was a breath if fresh air! No dark secrets in her closest, not a virgin, not a supermodel who didnt know she was hot, not an orphan - ok she did have an alcoholic mother but she was only mentioned a couple of times in passing and had no bearing on the story, come on no ...more
Leslie
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was going to give this book three and a half stars, but felt the heroine, "April Adams" was so refreshing that I felt compelled to bump it up to four. Let me explain. I primarily read romance novels...some have been great, some have not, but almost none of the characters take any time to "think" about their life decisions and how they may affect someone else. So, you can imagine my delight when this story began to unfold and selfless acts ensued. Now, I'm not going to pretend that this book wa ...more
Teri
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
First let me say that this ends with the mother of all cliffhangers...I about stopped breathing.
I give this story 4 stars...I enjoyed the writing, the characters (for the most part) and the story. My issues with this story have to do with my personal preferences and what I wanted, not the writing or plot or anything like that.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Okay, look, I get that whole I meet this guy and he makes me feel...whatever, excited, he's hot and we flirt and its magical, I do, I get it...but I gotta
Erin
Hey everyone!

I love the latest New Adult/contemporary stuff that is coming out my fair isle, the latest of which is Karli Perrin's stomping debut, April Showers, following the eponymous April through her first months at Manchester University. It was a great read, engrossing and fast paced, chock-full of British wit and humour as well as a lot of this!

And this!

And one of these!

But fair warning, there's a DOOZIE of a cliffhanger and at the end my face looked like this:

If you're unsure about 'New
Andrea
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 stars***

April Adams has two gorgeous men fighting for her attention but who will she choose and will it be the right decision?

From beginning to end I was hooked. I did want to shake April and tell her to get her act together sooner than she did though and the ending...I was like, NOOOOOO!!!!! Karli, hurry up with book two, I need to know what happens!!

April Showers has just enough steamy scenes to get your pulse racing but not enough that you're thinking 'enough already!' - my kinda book.
Aimie
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, new-adult
April seemed to get hit from all directions in this story, it was a nice quick read and I really enjoyed the characters. It was funny and full of drama. It was set in Manchester which I'm assuming is Manchester, England. The only thing that confused me was that they watched football, with cheerleaders which instantly made me think of American football. I'm English so I'm gathering it was English football (soccer) but she didn't comment on the game and I kept thinking is this set in England or Am ...more
  • The Apple Tree
  • Pretty Little Lies (Pretty Little Lies, #1)
  • Ruined by You (By You, #1; Maggie & Haden, #1)
  • Nearly Broken (Nearly, #1)
  • Choices (Choices, #1)
  • Hopeless For You
  • I Remember You (I Remember You, #1)
  • Here Comes The Light
  • Unclaimed (Kole Family, #1)
  • Beautiful Downfall
  • Where I End and You Begin
  • Blurred Lines (Blurred Lines, #1)
  • Subject to Change (Picturing Perfect, #2)
  • More (Impossible Love, #2)
  • Three Hearts, One Soul (Soul, #1)
  • AnguiSH (AnguiSH, #1)
  • Dare to Breathe
  • Holding On (Holding On, #1)
Karli Perrin is an English Language and Linguistics graduate from Manchester, England. She has always been a big lover of books (and pizza) and was inspired to write her debut novel back in 2013. She is a huge believer of fate and is a sucker for a happy ending. Her ultimate goal in life is to live in a house made entirely out of books with her husband and two kids.
...Hogwarts is plan B.

April (2 books)
  • April Fools (April, #2)
“He took my hand and held it against his chest, "Feel that? It beats for you.” 33 likes
“You deserve a man who makes you feel butterflies. Love isn't safe. Love is crazy and scary and unpredictable. You can't control it and you sure as hell can't fight it. It's one of life's greatest risks...but it's also one of life's greatest gifts.” 33 likes