Start by marking “Wild at Heart (Sons of Chance, #11)” as Want to Read:
Wild at Heart (Sons of Chance, #11)

Wild at Heart

(Sons of Chance #11)

Some men can't be tamed…

Domesticity can starve a man's soul, and drifter cowboy Luke Griffin believes in absolute freedom. His gig at the Last Chance Ranch will end soon, and he'll move on. But then Luke gets splashed by a green energy drink from a platform in a tree, and suddenly things get complicated.

Naomi Perkins was studying the nesting of a rare pair of bald eagles w
Kindle Edition, Harlequin Blaze #755, 224 pages
Published July 1st 2013 by Harlequin Blaze

To ask other readers questions about Wild at Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild at Heart

Emily
Cowboy Luke Griffiths has a few simple rules he lives by, move on after a year and don't create romantic entanglements. He lays it out there, finds a woman who is too busy to even think about wanting anything more than a few passionate nights in bed and no regrets when he goes on his way. Luke has set his eye on Naomi Perkins, who he believes is just his type, but when he realizes his first impressions may have been misguided, he gets a surprise when Naomi agrees.

Naomi has been studying the nes
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

4.5 STARS

I finished this book and thought to myself, that was a damn fine romance. I mean, I loved it from beginning to end. Both the hero and heroine were interesting and likeable, the story plausible, and the romance sexy, fun, and at times a little wild.

When we met Luke Griffin in the last book, I immediately thought of the old song Ramblin’ Man. “Lord, I was born a ramblin’ man. Tryin’ to make a li
Nancy Crocker
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wild At Heart (Sons Of Chance) by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Naomi Perkins has been granted special permission to be on the Last Chance Ranch. She is studying a pair of bald eagles that are nesting and reports her findings to Professor Scranton. When she hears a horse in the distance she uses a pair of binoculars to spy on the rider. And what she sees takes her breath away.

Luke Griffin has always loved drifting along in life. A cowboy at heart, he just does not like putting down roots. Soon he will be
Vi
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2013

Luke Griffin asks Naomi Perkins to have a fling with him while they are both at the Last Chance Ranch. He asks her this when they first meet. He's there working temporarily as a ranch hand. She's there, also temporarily, observing some bald eagles for a professor.

Luke doesn't do permanent and thinks that since Naomi's current job is not permanent, it will be a win-win for both since there is mucho attraction between them. Naomi is caught off-guard by his proposal. She's never had a relationship
Jenn Scranton
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I must admit, when I read any cowboy book, I tend to have preconceived notions of what the book is going to be like. Wild at Heart wasn't exactly what I expected, though it did have a light and fluffiness to it.

Luke could be annoying sometimes, but it was because he was almost too realistic, LOL. Men can be dumb, immature and selfish. That's men. To know them is to love them. But in books, they are supposed to be ruggedly perfect!! LOL. Well, Luke is the real deal committment-phobe.

Other than
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Wild at Heart is the 11th book in the Sons of Chance series by Vicki Lewis Thompson and by far my favorite – to be fair I’ve only read the last 2 in this series. But, still my favorite, nonetheless. You do not have to read the previous books in this series to enjoy it! There is some reference of other characters, but I never feel like I’m missing something important or left out of an inside joke.

Luke Griffin believes in freedom at its finest. He’s great with horses and it fits his lifestyle per
Book Binge
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Naomi Perkins was studying the nesting of a rare pair of bald eagles when she accidentally “baptizes” the delish cowboy. And when his shirt comes offgood morning, libido! But this attraction isn’t just mutual—it’s fierce enough to send them both tumbling into a no-strings fling.
It’s a temporary arrangement, even if it is way more intense than anything Naomi could have imagined. But when the time comes, will she be able to let this wild cowboy go?

In the past several weeks I have read several Vick
Lila Hunter
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: format-english
It was a quick read, but not catchy. It felt more as a side story to the Chance books, more like a novella.
---------------------------------------------
My view

Wild at Heart is a quick and catchy cowboy story, but does not felt as a great addition to the Son of Chance books. It is more as a filler between books or a secondary characters novella. Therefore, the book works great as a stand alone addition and will be great for someone visiting the Last Chance Ranch for the first time.

The main chara
Angela
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another visit to the Last Chance ranch. Another fun read. Ms Thompson combines humor with lust and drives her plot forward with breakneck speed. Luke and Naomi are people who begin a no strings affair with the understanding that Luke will be hitting the road soon. He does not believe in letting grass grow under his feet. He claims he was a born wanderer who can't stay in one place for any extended period of time. I loved this story, even though we all know what's going to happen. Vicki Lewis Tho ...more
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Luke who met Naomi at the tree house where she camped doing research for a professor and was intrigued with her. Luke is not a person that commit to anyone and he have make it clear to Naomi when he make a preposition to her for a friendship with benefit relationship. Naomi was surprised with his guts in putting forth his suggestion but it did not deter her to agreed with him. Soon, they embarked on a relationship that was sexually based relationship but as time passe ...more
Kimberly Walter
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wild at Heart is the 11th book in the Sons of Chance series by Vicki Lewis Thompson. It was a great book to read.

Luke Griffin only stays in one place for a year or so and then moves on to new places. He has freedom, adventure, no commitment and no attachments. But that all changes when he meets Naomi Perkins, who is studying rare pair of bald eagles. They are fiercely attracted to each other, more intense then they are used to.
As the days go by, they become closer together and not just in the
Brenda
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Luke Griffin is a wanderer. He liked to see new places and got tired of being in one place too long. When he went to work for Jake, Luke was upfront and pulled no punches. Like his jobs, Luke was the same with women. Hearing about the research set up on the property, Luke ventured out to the site. Thinking no one was there, Luke was surprised when he was drenched with Naomi Perkins' favorite drink of choice.

Naomi is a loner. Not so in the sense she wants for company. Yet she had no trouble being
Pattianne
Jan 21, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WILD AT HEART - SONS OF CHANCE SERIES #11 - (Luke and Naomi)

Some men can't be tamed

Naomi Perkins was studying the nesting of a rare pair of bald eagles when she accidentally "baptizes" the delish cowboy. And when his sh
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was my first foray into the Sons of Chance series. While I could tell it was a part of a series, it is number 11, it really made for a good standalone novel. The plot moved along fairly quickly and the ending did not feel too rushed.

Luke Griffin is a man who likes to move on after a year or so. So when he hears about Naomi Perkins and that she is studying a bald eagle family, he wonders if she might be the type of woman who is willing to have some temporary fun with him. Turns out he was ri
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Luke Griffin is a wanderer and drifter only been at The Last Chance Ranch for about a year now. Thanks in part to his friend Nash Bledsoe's recommendation. Luke is interested in nesting eagles on the ranch and seeks to take a look at them but he didn't expect to be drowned in green goo by a lovely lady. Naomi Perkins is observing nesting eagles as part of her job. When she spies hunky cowboy coming her way that makes her morning libido wake up. Accidentally spilling her energy drink on hunky cow ...more
Mem
B 755 July 2013 Naomi Perkins and Luke Griffin, Sons of Chance #11 in series. Naomi is observing an eagle nest on the ranch where Luke works. He rides out to see the platform built in a tree so she observe the growth of the hatchlings. He's a drifter. His father has told Luke that marriage has tied him down and he regrets that he hasn't been able to travel and see the world because of his wife. When Luke callers his Dad to fly out and visit over the 4th excuses about a dinner for neighbors won't ...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
[A spoiler within if you've read the series...]

I had to FORCE myself to finish the audio version of this story. I simply REFUSED to get the eBook. The narrator was just awful. That aside, this visit to Last Chance Ranch wasn't as good as most but better than a couple...I'll leave it at that.

I enjoyed the slightly bumpy, non-traditional road to romance for these two including the surprise and LONG OVERDUE marriage proposal from a secondary character. FINALLY! I found myself rewinding the audio be
Bonnie
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wild At Heart by Vicki Lewis Thompson was a good book. I liked it better than the one before it. But both were good books. Naomi Perkins is in her home town to record the life of Eagles nesting in Chance property. The Chance family build a platform for Naomi to view and take note and video the eagle family. Cowboy Luke Griffin works on the Chance ranch. He goes out to check out the lady who is viewing the eagles. Sex is plenty. Luke and Naomi state their case of not letting the fourth of July fi ...more
Eileen
Jun 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cowboys
Just finished the latest one of VLT and love returning to the Last Chance Ranch. I like revisiting the people of Shoshone and see what is up with the whole family and all the inhabitants. This story brought a wandering cowboy and a nature environmentalist together and is was short and sexy. Luke is out for a good time and propositions Naomi into a casual no-strings affair for the duration of her stay here on the ranch. She's okay with it until her feelings and emotions turn to caring and love. L ...more
Sherry Elswick
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I wanted to like this book. I really did because I enjoyed some other books by Vicki Lewis Thompson, but this story about drifter cowboy Luke Griffin and animal scientist Naomi Perkins is flat. One dimensional. There is no delicious tension. The writing is not very evocative to make me care about them. I have too many other books waiting to be read that I cannot muster the energy to slog through this book for reading's sake. I'm bummed.
Tofu Fairy
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great one for this series. More of a traditional ending, but I liked it a lot. I especially loved the fact that it dealt with wildlife conservation rather than just ranch life and riding horses. It was more about nature this time around and that was refreshing. Not much else to say that hasn't already been said about this series, so I will keep this review short and sweet. Def recommend!
Harlequin Books
"Top Pick! Thompson continues to do a great job with her popular Sons of Chance series by bringing the entire town of Shoshone and the Last Chance Ranch environment alive in this wonderfully engaging installment." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: Sons of Chance
Category: Passion

Ann (Noumena12)
The Last Chance Ranch is definitely a place that changes lives for the better. Set outside Jackson Hole Wyoming, Thompson delivers entertaining characters in a beautiful setting. No need to read the series in order, but anticipate going back to read the earlier stories. And you will be looking forward to the next installment at Last Chance Ranch just like me.
Kathy
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wild at Heart is a super steamy installment in Vicki Lewis Thompson’s Sons of Chance series. This standalone romance does not feature any of the Chance clan but there a few guest appearances by characters from previous stories. Please click HERE to read my review in its entirety.
Jean Tallman
This is another Sons of Chance book and I loved it. Naomi is saving the eagles and Luke is a drifter spending "one year" at Last Chance Ranch. Luke is taken by Naomi and she is equally as smitten with his hot body and sensitive soul.

Another great Last Chance book. Can't wait to read the others this summer. Keep them coming Ms. Thompson.
Donna
Aug 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe 3 1/2 stars.
Just wasn't feeling the love in this one.
Heather L
Jul 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Latesha
This one has me wishing we could do half stars. More than liked it, but not quite four-star liked. Loved the opening and closing scenes.
Laurie
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Luke is just as yummy as his Chance brethren. Sweet, romantic story.
Tiffany
Jun 25, 2013
Jolene Nelson
Aug 16, 2015
  • No Strings...
  • Lead Me On
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • Lying in Bed
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)
  • Relentless Seduction
  • The Braddock Boys: Travis (Blaze) (Braddock Boys, #3) (Love at First Bite, #6)
  • Command Performance
  • Going Down Hard (Eventfully Yours, #2)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • Model Marine
  • My Fake Fiancee
  • The Rule-Breaker
  • A Long, Hard Ride
  • Lone Star Surrender
  • Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries #1)
  • The Bridesmaid's Best Man
  • One More Kiss
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal ...more

Sons of Chance (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Wanted! (Sons of Chance, #1)
  • Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)
  • Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)
  • Should've Been a Cowboy (Sons of Chance, #4)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Cowboys Like Us (Sons of Chance, #6)
  • Long Road Home (Sons of Chance, #7)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • Feels Like Home (Sons of Chance, #9)
  • I Cross My Heart (Sons of Chance, #10)