Start by marking “A Shade of Blood (A Shade of Vampire, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Shade of Blood (A Shade of Vampire, #2)

A Shade of Blood

(A Shade of Vampire #2)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  29,558 ratings  ·  1,443 reviews
Une nuance de sang est une suite absolument captivante d'Une nuance de vampire - City Of Books Apres avoir ete envoutes par le premier tome bestseller Une nuance de vampire, les lecteurs en redemandent. Dans Une nuance de sang, Bella Forrest vous transporte dans un univers unique, captivant et rempli d'emotions. Preparez-vous a vous perdre dans ses pages..."
Published April 8th 2013 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about A Shade of Blood, please sign up.
Linzy No they didnt it went into detail but no Derek didnt rape Claudia
i asked the same thing but no he didnt so move on you will really like the rest of…more
No they didn´t it went into detail but no Derek didn´t rape Claudia
i asked the same thing but no he didn´t so move on you will really like the rest of the series !! >_<(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Anusha.p AND I HATE DEREK TOO...WHATEVER THE OTHERS THINK THIS IS THE WORST SERIES FOR ME EVER

·  29,558 ratings  ·  1,443 reviews

Sandra
Before i start, i have a very important message to Ben...

KG Fuck You zpsfef74271

tumblr me7h7lgo Nj1rm750oo1 500 zpsc2f9ce72

tumblr m6wqti59 SS1r317bvo1 500 large

PLEASE, someone do me a favor and kill that motherfu****. The lightning will strike me in a minute. I can' even... *deep breaths*. Maybe after i calm down i'll tell you why i hate him so much.

A Shade of Blood is the 2nd book in the Shade of Vampire series. I loved the 1st one, it was amazing! So obviously i was excited when i got a copy of the next book from the author (thanks Bella!). I really enjoyed it, BUT was it better from the pr
Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
This continues right after the first book left off. Sofia has left the Shade with Ben and they attempt to return to "normal" life, finishing their last year of high school, and trying to move on. I mean, we know it's clearly not going to happen. So the first half seemed like a lot of filler and was kind of boring, since it was obvious what was going to happen. There's a tepid romance between Ben and Sofia, but again, we KNOW where things are going to end up, so why even go there?

Anyway, the seco
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest takes place right after the events in A Shade of Vampire. We are immediately reintroduced to the main characters Sofia, Derek, the vampire she loves, and Ben, the best friend that has been tortured by other vampires. Derek has agreed to let them leave the Shade, but this leads to his own self destruction. Sofia and Ben are forever altered by their experiences, although Sofia still maintains an
Jacqueline's Reads
4 stars because of Ben

A Shade of Blood is the second book in the A Shade of Vampire series. This continues Sofia’s and Derek’s story. This also continues Sofia’s and Ben’s story. It wouldn’t be a true YA paranormal romance without a love triangle right?

Derek lets Sofia go and we are all wondering what’s going to happen next? I completely understand why Sofia wanted to leave, even though she had strong feelings for Derek, but I am not happy about it. I have no love for Ben because of the way he t
Hannah ◇Reader in the Rough◇
DNF at thirty-something percent.

"As our mouths explored each other’s, not a single fiber of my being was paying attention to Derek Novak. On that particular day, I was Ben’s and I was his alone."

DAMMIT.

This series is a lemon. I had eyebrows raised from the get go. The first book, the test drive, was okay. Yeah, I hate Ben. Yeah, lack of worldbuilding. But I took a sneak peek and read the first couple chapters of this book and thought "It could improve greatly". And it did.

And then it didn't.

D
Erin
Brilliant follow-up in this addicting series!! A Shade of Blood is a gritty, sexy, emotion-ridden return to this captivating world of vampires, and I was hooked from start to finish as I devoured every word!

We rejoin Bella Forrest's story right where the first book left off, with Sofia facing the decision of staying with Derek at The Shade or returning back to her normal teenage life with Ben. My heart broke for Derek as she walked away from him, and I braced myself for what I knew would be an
Ky

Wow, in this book we can appreciate how the number of pages doesn't build a good story line. This book is the most bland and boring that I have read in my life.

The plot doesn't make me feel anything, I hate all the characters but the worst thing is that I will keep reading it. It's not because of the plot (which doesn't exist, btw) but because I need to read something.

My hate for Derek is bigger now and Sofia keeps me a little interested in the book but I kind of hate her too.
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
I believe that I liked book two even more than I did book one. Book two, A Shade of Blood, starts right off where the first book left off. Ben and Sofia are being escorted to the port to leave the island of The Shade. And, right there, at the very beginning of the book, Bella Forrest got me, hook, line, and sinker, when Sofia and Derek share their first kiss, a passionate good bye kiss, and Derek utters the words, "Sofia, stay." My heart broke. Each chapter of this book is from a different perso ...more
Sylvia
PLEASE, BELLA, I WANT SOME MORE! That ending has left my mouth hanging to the floor in shock! Whoa! What an amazing sequel and I am gob smacked. I love this world of vampires and hunters that Bella Forrest has created and found myself devouring this book with a fever. I stopped only occasionally to step back into the real world, but didn't last too long. The story was calling me to finish and that's what I did, and I am left enamoured and needing more! I need the next book, NOW!

The story continu
Courtney
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I don't plan to go into great detail about the storyline, because I'm a firm believer that a story can only be truly reviewed by a person's impression of the story. I think it would be a waste of time to go over the plot again...that's what the title page of the book is for.

Ok, I really don't like to say this/do this about books, but honestly? This was one of the worst books I've read in a while.

The first book in the series was good for what it was and opened the plot with a good storyline and
C.L. Bevill
Lana Mason
Feb 05, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, well, I wasn’t going to read another one of these after the first one. I learned my lesson the first time, by gosh! However, upon reading reviews for the second, I saw a lot of “I loved the first book, hated the second”, and that did make me curious. As for the rating… I know what I said. I said, “Oh, I’ll put at least two stars if it’s at least edited decently and doesn’t make my eyes bleed with mistakes unless the content is THAT BAD.” It’s that bad.

As with the first one, I am reading the
Beth The Vampire
They must’ve done something to me at The Shade, because no matter how far away from the island I was, I remained its captive.

Less infuriating and ridiculous than the first one, but still not great by a long shot. You know, sometimes you get tired of reading books that make you think, that excite you with every page, that make you believe in them. Sometimes you just need a trashy book. This is a trashy book. It's the action movie equivalent of a book. Just watch the colour and the movement and ta
Suzanne
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Back on the beach at Cancun, the same place they were both taken from months ago, Sofia and Ben aren't ready to go home yet. And having missed it for so long, they find themselves trying to soak up as much sun as they can. Having been left with a large quantity of money, they book themselves into the villa they had been staying in previously. After a few days, they feel the time has come to call Ben's parents. When they arrive, they don't tell them where they were and when questioned by the poli ...more
Veronica Morfi
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was awesome. It was perfect in so many ways.

A Shade of Blood picks right at the end of A Shade of Vampire. When I read the first book I was sure I knew how it ended, what decision Sofia made but then came this book and I realised I was wrong. Sofia decides to leave the Shade with Ben (why girl, why???). They go back to their old lives and try to be normal, even date (which I though was a waste of time...) in the mean time Derek's life at the Shade goes through some major changes. With
K.M. Montemayor
4/5 stars
This series is oddly addicting.
52f3bc1f84d79

It has some beautiful phrases, and other parts just don't work. But what is lacking in writing finesse, the author more than makes up for in plot and imagination.

And I have to give her major credit for this: I'm a vampire, Sofia. The only reason I was trying to control my impulse to kill Ashley after having fed on her was because she mattered to you.

riker

Thank you for finally admitting the true nature of a vampire! Asking a vampire not to suck a human's blood
Chrystal
Ughhhhhhh this series is like a guilty pleasure, but without (enough of) the pleasure part. I am truly embarrassed for reading this. It's a less realistic/believable version of the Twilight series with the worst character development ever. I'm so annoyed because this whole "fated to love each other" bullshit even when the guy is literally the worst person ever is the reason why young girls don't know when they're in abusive relationships. It talks about rape in a cavalier manner. It has the bare ...more
Amber
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, review, arc
Another AMAZING story by Bella Forrest!!! I am completely blown away by this series. Still reeling in from my book high on this one. Just as its getting REALLY good, we are cut off til the next book left wanting so much more. A Shade of Blood was so much better than the first book in this series. Getting into the story and reading some of the history behind the characters made me leary at first as I hate when an author brings history in after a series has already been started, but let me tell yo ...more
Ari Reavis
What the hell was that ending? OMG, This book threw some major twists my way. On to book 3.
Alaina
Cute.. but Ben annoyed me.

A Shade of Blood is the second installation for the A Shade of Vampire series. I honestly have no idea how many books this thing has.. but I'm determined to get through a bunch of them. They are pretty quick reads - I just wish that the story lines were better with each book. I get that I'm only on the second one but I feel like nothing really happened in it?

In this, you well still see the same people.. but we do get to see Sofia's dad towards the end plus more about th
Annie Brewer
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Holy crap!!! It's 4:30 in the morning.This series is getting crazy good!!! I couldn't put this fucker down!!!So much is going on, I can't keep up. But this book was amazing!!!!! Just amazing! Found another favorite series and Bella is pretty high up on my top fave authors. Wow! That ending!!! Just wow...love it!!! I got freakin chills.
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
My edition: Kindle

Pages: 340

Series: A Shade of Vampire #2

Rating: 3 stars

Review: I read the first book about June or July of last year. I have been waiting for a while to read this book. Well when I saw this was on kindle unlimited I was excited. When I went to get it, Amazon told me I already bought it. So I look through my kindle didn't find it on my downloads so I had to open cloud and I found it.

To say I was a little annoyed that I had this and didn't know about it, would be a major understat
Karla Kbooklover
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, ebooks
Another amazing book by Bella Forrest, A Shade of Vampire is by far one of my favorite paranormal books and after reading A Shade of Blood I reconfirm that she's a great writer and one of my favorite authors.

This book is dark, captivating and intense, it was impossible for me to put it down, even when that implied for me to stay awake almost all night.
The story is still as good as in the first book, and thanks to the fact that places and scenes are well described and detailed it is fairly easy t
Becca

It's not nice to end a book like that.

I am feeling a bit lazy so i am going to do a quick review tonight.

song choice, song choice.... "Do You Remember" Not Don't you remember by Adele, Do you remember by Ane Brun. and "If I didn't care" um originally i don't know who sings it, yeah sorry, but i know the Amy Adams and Lee Pace version.

Kay so, better than the last one because it really expanded on the plot which yay! cool, i was interested, i figured some stuff out, i am slightly confused right
J. Kahele
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
After Lucas takes a bite out of Sophia, Derek realizes that she is no longer safe in the Shade, so he offers her something, that he would never offer anyone else, the chance to escape.

Sophia is torn with leaving the Shade, leaving Derek. She has grown very fond of him and may even be in love with him. But she knows the best thing for her is to go, she doesn't want to live her life being a slave to Derek.

Once back at home, during a football game she is interrupted by a woman needed to speak to he
Julia Ash
There are so many different reasons I stick with a book series. In the case of A SHADE OF VAMPIRE, I crave the characters Sophia and Derek! I want to continue to learn how they'll deal with their differences and the challenges which threaten humans and vampires. I enjoyed book 2, A SHADE OF BLOOD! Onto book 3...
Victoria
This was a good follow up to the first book. I thought the writing style had improved a lot more. In the first book, the plot line was a bit rushed. Thankfully, since this book is longer than the first it had a better pace to it. I thought Derek was acting like a douche for the most part, but I still would like to read the next book in the series at some point.
Lisa
Jun 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a bit slow compared to the first one. It didn't really pick up for me until the last few chapters. it was still a good continuation of the story so I will read the next one but hopefully it is a bit more action and drama packed then this one.
Briseis
OH MY GOD!!! what the hell's just happened????
Kj
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first half of this book was tough for me because Derek and Sofia were separated and Derek did some things I didn't like. The end was really good and I couldn't wait to read the next book.
Around the Year i...: A Shade of Blood, by Bella Forrest 1 13 Apr 13, 2017 07:54AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 5 Mar 03, 2015 08:02AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 03, 2015 08:02AM
YA Writers and Re...: A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest 43 22 Sep 15, 2013 11:56AM

• Renegade (The Captive, #2)
  • Circle of Lies (Red Ridge Pack,#2)
  • Sweet Hell (Greek God, #2)
  • Focus (The Crescent Chronicles, #2)
  • Crossfire (Darkride Chronicles, #2)
  • Destined (Vampire Awakenings, #2)
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves #1)
  • Devour (Warm Delicacy, #3)
  • Touch
  • Loch and Key (The McLaughlins, #3)
  • Scorched Treachery (Imdalind, #3)
  • Heart of the Vampire (Vanderlind Castle, #2)
  • When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals, #2)
  • Original Sin (Alexandra Jones, #2)
Bella Forrest is a lover of fantasy, romance, action, and mystery infused stories with twists you don’t see coming. She has sold over seven million books since her first novel was published in 2012.

*LATEST RELEASES*:
☞ A Shade of Vampire 77: A Fate of Time
☞ A Love that Endures
☞ Harley Merlin 8: Harley Merlin and the Challenge of Chaos

Sign up to Bella's New Release email list and you'll automatic

A Shade of Vampire (1 - 10 of 77 books)
  • A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire, #1)
  • A Castle of Sand (A Shade of Vampire, #3)
  • A Shadow of Light (A Shade of Vampire, #4)
  • A Blaze of Sun (A Shade of Vampire, #5)
  • A Gate of Night (A Shade of Vampire, #6)
  • A Break of Day (A Shade of Vampire, #7)
  • A Shade of Novak (A Shade of Vampire, #8)
  • A Bond of Blood (A shade of Vampire, #9)
  • A Spell of Time (A Shade of Vampire, #10)
  • A Chase of Prey (A Shade of Vampire, #11)
“I love you, Sofia,” I whispered. “And I honestly believe that I could never love another woman for the rest of my life. For the first time in the past five hundred years, I am sincerely thankful for my immortality, because without it, I never would’ve found you.” 19 likes
“You're not a pawn, Sofia. You're the queen.” 19 likes