Start by marking “The Naughty Girls Book Club” as Want to Read:
The Naughty Girls Book Club

The Naughty Girls Book Club

A quaint suburb. A quiet little book club. A very naughty reading list.

When Estelle sets up a book group in order to increase custom to her struggling cafe, what follows is more mind-blowing than she could have ever imagined...

As the first book club meeting flounders, Estelle suggests a spot of erotica to spice things up.

Inspired by their naughty novels, this group of shy
Published June 6th 2013 by HarperCollins (first published April 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Naughty Girls Book Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Naughty Girls Book Club

Jessica
Un libro divertente con cui parlare di sesso ed erotismo senza tabù!
E quando dico divertente, credetemi, intendo dire che riderete per davvero! Vi troverete alle prese con un gruppo di lettura improbabile, composto da quattro donne di diversa età ed un giovane laureando che si ritrovano a leggere di settimana in settimana libri di letteratura erotica, classici e non, discutendone animatamente e affrontando l'argomento da diversi punti di vista. Superato l'imbarazzo iniziale si renderanno conto c
Natalie TBGWP
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
You'd think with a title like The Naughty Girls Book Club, that this book is going to full of nothing but naughty and full of sex. Now as much as that plays a big part in the book, in my opinion it's actually a book about friendships and relationships. It's a perfect chick-lit read, but with a naughty twist. It's no way ready to be sat in the erotica section that's for sure.

The book follows, Estelle Humphreys in her lovely little cafe, Cafe Crumb. Struggling financially she starts a book club t
Marian
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Entretenido, pero me esperaba más.- Un libro romántico que no me despertó ningún sentimiento.- Me pareció que le faltó profundidad a las relaciones.- Tal vez comencé a leerlo con muchas expectativas.-
Tabitha at lovenovel.co.uk
I am more than happy to reveal that, every now and again, I like to lean towards a little erotica and slightly naughty fiction…just to mix things up, of course!!! What better book to read then than ‘The Naughty Girls’ Book Club’, which plays out the very identifiable enjoyment and delight in reading this genre, all set within a rather familiar group of shy and ordinary women.

Estelle Humphreys is a single Mum who is struggling to keep her café afloat, but is determined to try anything to bring i
KathyAnne
The author of this book clearly had a good time playing on the whole Fifty Shades of Grey phenomenon... and, I loved it! I remember all of the little whispers from my friends when that series came out. More than once I had friends asking as discreetly as possible... "Have you read those books??" (wink wink) LOL I even had some friends reading it in secret and hiding it from their husbands. But, who are we kidding... they loved it too. No doubt there were happy husbands all over the world because ...more
Rea Cobb
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Naughty Girls book Club by Sophie Hart is certainly not one of those books you can judge by its cover. When I began reading the first page of this book my initial thought was here is another predictable bonkbuster!
I couldn't have been more wrong.

The book follows a great group of characters who have met at a new book club run by the lovable Estelle. The book club is held in Estelle’s café and was an idea to bring more trade to Café Crumb, but it’s not long before a firm friendship begins to g
Vanessa
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quanto ho adorato questo libro! Mi ha trasmesso spensieratezza e voglia di nuove esperienze non indifferenti. Sono davvero felice di averlo letto. Sarà che di libri di questo genere ne leggo davvero pochi, ma mi sento rinata!
Book-shelf Shelf
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was going to pass this to another reviewer. until Lynda Renham said she was reading it and that it wasn't what you would expect. So I thought I would give it a go and am bloody glad i did, the beginning of the book could of been part of any house, town or anywhere really, it is almost how life was when the 'Grey' books came out. Some people loving it, others hating it but everyone reading it. This happens with a bunch of 5 people who make up a book club. Their general topic of books is erotica ...more
Ishtar
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una lectura amable y entretenida, ideal para desconectar un rato y terminar el libro con una sonrisa.
Anarchic Rain
sarò forse impazzita per due giorni? XD
Heidi
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Four stars: A fun chick lit read with genuine characters and romance.

Estelle is immersed in the latest erotica novel that is taking the world by storm. Just when it is getting good, she hears her teenage son and is jolted back to reality. Estelle returns her attention to closing out the day's receipts. Estelle is the owner of the Crumbs Cafe. After her divorce, she threw everything into her little bakery. The winter months are always the hardest and the cafe is struggling. Estelle decides to try
Erin Cataldi
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I'm not going to lie, this was a delightful, naughty little read. It's essentially a cozy, beach read, with some sex, a book club, happy endings (literally), and a cozy little cafe set in England. What's not to love. It's light, it's breezy, there's cute cliche characters of all ages and times of life (although no diversity to speak of) from a young feminist, to a newly married woman, to a divorcee, to a male graduate student and a recent retiree who is going stir crazy staying at home. What sta ...more
Un té con Ceres
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A todas aquellas que hayáis leído Grey, Valeria, Pídeme lo que quieras... tenéis que leer este. Os sentiréis muy identificadas con uno o varios personajes.
Engancha, se lee muy fácil, te ríes e incluso te emocionas. ¡Me encantó!
Nikki
May 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Read my review on my blog, For the Love of Books!

Estelle Humphreys, divorced mother of teenager Joe, runs a bakery that isn’t quite doing well. In order to boost sales and get her brand out, she starts a knitting club that meets weekly at her bake shop. The five members happen upon a magical pair of jeans that fits each one perfectly, despite their varying body types (and genders), and begin a magical journey to save the bakery…

What’s that you say? You thought this book was about a book club? M
Fabulous Book Fiend
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review: Now I LOVE books about book groups, and I do like a bit of erotica, so I pretty much knew I was going to love this book, but I was still surprised because it didn't take the plot direction that I thought it was going to, and in doing so, exceeded all my expectations! I thought it was a brilliant concept, with the development of 50 Shades of Grey and all the others that have been release since, erotica has definitely become more mainstream, and so a book group focusing solely on 'naughty ...more
Erin
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying that I was at first put off by the title of this book. I thought it was going to be trashy and not well written. However, I couldn't have been more wrong. After finding the blurb on amazon I realised I'd misjudged it and downloaded it straight away. After reading the first chapter I was totally hooked. Baking and talking about books are two of my favourite things to do so it really appealed to me once I started to read.

The story has several lead characters but mainly centr
NomdePlumePress
Right, so we’ve all read Fifty Shades of Grey, except those who wish to remain smug about not doing so, or those who live in a cave. But what if you read it in a book club, with a bunch of strangers? Awkward, right? Or maybe, just maybe, it would be incredibly liberating.

In Sophie Hart’s The Naughty Girls’ Book Club, Estelle, a divorced mom, is struggling to drum up business for her café post-Christmas, so she starts a book club. Four very different people show up for the first meeting: Rebecca,
Cheryl
Jun 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Every once in a while I am in the mood for a really good spicy, erotica story. I have come a long way since I read my first erotica book. I can remember reading the book Gemini Heat by Portia Da Costa. What a first book to pick too as my introduction to erotica. Sisters and one guy...threesome...oh boy. Trying to write my first review of this genre was hard. I even had found myself blushing writing it as I liked the book but how do you like something like this without trying to come off like you ...more
Primula Bond
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Such a super book - does everything it says on the tin. It manages to be quite horny without being dirty, if you see what I mean. Pushes a few boundaries, dares to explore and discuss erotica, without actually being downright erotic itself. Your mother could read this without being shocked. Even mine, and she certainly wouldn't venture into one of my erotic books! Naughty Girls is easy, fluffy, girlie, sexy, optmistic, fun, satisfying - just like one of Estelle's delicious cakes! If it is a litt ...more
Amanda
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I originally thought this would be a bonkbuster, although there are some sexual references they are not crude. This book is about a book club that read and discuss erotic books, but the reader also learns about each character in great detail and as the story enfolds we see how being a part of the group can effect their relationships in different ways.
I had this book downloaded for quite some time. I chose this book as I thoroughly enjoy reading and anything relating to books. So the book club a
Marianna Rainolter
Non mi aspettavo un romanzo così allegro e divertente! Poi ci sono alcune parti serie ma alla fine tutto si risolve al meglio! Forse sarebbe stato bello che nel finale tutti i protagonisti si incontrassero un ultima volta (e che capitasse magari al matrimonio di Tony ed Estelle) ma va bene così!
Vorrei tanto leggere Ten Sweet Lessons (anche se la trama ricorda moooolto Fifty Shades of Grey ;)) e poi tenterò di leggere i vari romanzi consigliati che mi intrigano molto!
Se cercate un romanzo diverte
Lauren
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edelweiss
When I picked up this book, I thought it was really going to be a lot of sex and naughtiness. Boy was I surprised! It was more about the friendships and relationships surrounding the members of the naughty girls book club. I DVR'd my shows so I could read instead of watch my favorite shows. The book is told in the different members' points of view and I definitely preferred that. It shows you that it isn't taboo anymore to read erotica.
Yvonne Morgan
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book tickled my fancy right from the front cover.....Lovely Setting, Brilliant Plot and Charismatic Characters....Can't think of more you would want from a book....this had food,drink,books,hunky guys.....ohh yes and how could I forget firemen and sex......hose me down and spank me silly.......this is a cracker of a book.
Kat
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This may be my exception to my personal rule of "no chick lits." Or the reason for opening up to this genre. (I usually prefer paranormal thrillers.)
Nice cover, I got more than I expected, easy but engaging writing style.
Jo
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
Really did enjoy this book...easy read...fantastic group of characters...felt like they really gelled together and discussions at the book club were so funny at times-bit like a night out with the girls!!
Great read!
Federica
Apr 12, 2016 rated it liked it
È un libro frivolo e divertente, la pecca è che già dalle prime pagine si capisce come si evolverà la storia
Eika
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ironico, divertente e frizzante assolutamente un libro adatto per l estate!!
Julie Watkins
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I thought the character s colourful and believeable. they spanned the generations and all had their own stories and journey throughout the novel.
Gemma
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three words. BLOODY. BRILLIANT. BOOK!! @cafe_crumb
Mary Retzlaff
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It is totally our group of gals! What started out as merely a book group, has turned in to a Naughty Girls friends club!
  • Midsummer Magic
  • The Silver Chain (The Unbreakable Trilogy, #1)
  • The Fortune-teller's Angel
  • The Husband Diet
  • Me and You
  • Culture Shock (Culture Shock #1)
  • The Perfect Retreat
  • Wonder Women
  • Party Games
  • There's More to Life Than Cupcakes
  • Shopping With the Enemy (Annie Valentine, #6)
  • The Stranger
  • Sunshine, With a Chance of Snow
  • Love & The Goddess
  • Take A Look At Me Now
  • Melting Ms Frost
  • The Fabulously Fashionable Life of Isabel Bookbinder (Isabel Bookbinder #2)
  • Cooking Up a Storm