Start by marking “Breathe You In” as Want to Read:
Breathe You In

Breathe You In

Sometimes you don’t realize how special a moment is until it’s a memory.

When he held me in his arms I saw a handsome, vibrant man with desire in his eyes and love in his heart. But Ruben Strong was more than that; he was a way out of my darkness, a glimmer of light peeking through my shroud—he was a piece of what I no longer had.

What he didn’t know, but I did, was that he’
Published April 18th 2013 by Lily Harlem

To ask other readers questions about Breathe You In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathe You In

Veronica of V's Reads
This is story about second chancess in life and love.

Katie has been living a half-life of depression since her husband Matt died. More than a year since the funeral, Katie still has nightmares and struggles to survive in their home surrounded by constant reminders of their deep love and her great loss. Recently, she has become obsessed over the health of the person who received Matt's heart and lungs as a transplant. Desperate to know if the recipient is healthy and happy--thinking this will gi
Erzabet Bishop
What do you do when you are locked in grief and the one person that could bring you out of it holds all that is left of the man who promised to love you til death do you part?

Katie is reeling from the death of her husband Matt. Her life is a shell of what she has known before. Making the decision to donate some of Matt's organs was not an easy one, but when she finds out that someone is walking around with his lungs and heart, she becomes obsessed with finding closure so she can move on with her
Saunders
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am becoming quite a fan of Lily Harlem's writing style. This story was real, the emotions it invoked were raw and I was completely engrossed from page 1. A bit different from her usual style but still a scorching read.

It begins "Kisses soft as kittens whiskers tickled down my back, fluttering, floating, spreading into the dip of my spine and onto the rise of my buttocks. I sighed and squirmed, just a little, inviting more of the blissful sensations I was being woken with"......................
Rosa
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars. I got the book free and I had some down time between releases and I wanted to read something that wasn't my norm. And breathe you in for sure fit the bill. I have to admit the story was boring. Nothing really exciting. It would be like watching your neighbor doing day to day things. Nothing really exciting you know? Now the twist is that Ruben ended up with Katie's deceased husbands heart and lungs. I couldn't imagine that grief of losing your husband. I know it would be a dark plac ...more
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Jun 05, 2013 marked it as own-need-to-read

Not a review...

Free on amazon (June 5, 2013)

Reader advisory – Breathe You In is a romance with themes of love, loss and hope and contains several explicit sex scenes.

Sometimes you don’t realize how special a moment is until it’s a memory.

Vixster
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lovely sweet and sexy read, was expecting more as it finished 83% I thought the reveal was predictable but overall I really enjoyed it
Holly Gill
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful, erotic love story. I enjoyed the concept of the story and struggled to put the book down. Every emotion was needed with this book, tears, laughter and moments your heart stopped.
Alisa Anderson
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Pain…suffering…gaping, honest, emotional…raw. Just some of the feelings I came away with after reading Breathe You In, an erotic romance novel by Lily Harlem.

After a construction accident rips the life of her husband Matt away, Katie is forced to rebuild the pieces of her life, and isn’t doing the best job of succeeding. For years she pines away, mentally, physically and spiritually for the one man who claimed her heart and is convinced no one ever will again. Until Ruben.

Ever since she donated
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Posted on Bewitching Bibliophile
Ratings: 4.5

I loved this story. Granted she started off kinda crazy and I was worried she was going to be like home~girl from the last book "Anything For Him"but unlike that girl; she evened out and the crazy dropped away.

Granted what she didn't wasn't kosher, by any means at all; but I totally understand why she did it. Grief can lead people to do strange things, and there are some serious moments within the book that make you wonder if perhaps that i
Ele Wilson
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brit-babes
I received this review copy free of charge, in return for an honest review.

Katie thought her world was complete when she married her soul mate, Matt. She had a job she enjoyed, a decent home and best of all, got to spend all her free time with the man she loved and adored. Without warning, all that was about to change and Katies world would come crashing down around her. Would she ever be able to leave the past behind and move on, or will it see her on the path to insanity and self destruction?

I
Gina Wilkins
Breathe you in by Lily Harlem is such a great story. A word I would use to describe it is serendipitous. Although Katie did seek out Ruben with purpose, I don’t think she realized she would fall for him.
This is the first book I've read dealing with the topic of donation of organs. I think it’s such a great topic to explore in a book. I've always wondered what it might be like to for a loved one to seek out the recipient of their relatives organs.
Katie, it seems, is desperate for a change and ne
Tabitha Rayne
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge fan of Lily Harlem's writing - she can ramp up the action from sweet to sexy beautifully.
The thing about this story is that it has a heartbreaking plot and one which I don't want to spoil too much - Katie is bereaved and finds a new lover in Reuben. Their romance is gorgeous. Lily writes blossoming love with so much joy, and innocence almost - but the transition into a sexual relationship is always so natural and so hot!
The storyline means that there is a lot of underlying tension so
Heidi Tieman
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc
"No, I had no choice. I had to see this through. There wasn't one part of me that wouldn't. I had to at least try to get a peek of him, this man who had a piece of what was mine, a very important piece too." What a gripping, emotional read. Katie's story is absolutely heart wrenching. Her pain and grief is written in such a real and relatable manner it's very easy to feel a connection to her. Ruben, oh Ruben...how do you tell the gorgeous man you love he has the beating heart and breathing lungs ...more
Cara Nicole
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breathe You In is a passionate, sweet, and heartbreaking story about a second chance at love. Katie is still reeling over the loss of her husband Matt, and goes about trying to find out where his heart is, literally. She stumbles upon Ruben Strong, and the two of them begin their own story. Is it really the beginning though, or will the truth about how she found Ruben come out and destroy them. This impassioned love story left me breathless and emotional. It's different from some of Lily Harlem' ...more
Meagan Hunt
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'll be honest, I got this book for free and I guess I didn't really read the synopsis because when I did I wasn't too sure about reading it. So I put it off for a long time, but now that I've read it, I'm so happy I did. Katie and Rubens story isn't something of the norm, it was very different than what I normally read but at the same time it wasn't so different. If you're looking for something different, this is the book to read.
Kelsey
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brit-babes
I received this book as a review copy in exchange for an honest review

This is not as kinky or erotic as some of Lily Harlem's other books, but what we lose in kink and eroticism is more than made up for in emotion and character depth. You could feel every emotion it was so well written. I don't often cry while reading but I did here. I can't say much without going into the plot so I'll leave there. I absolutely loved this book and highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.
Alison
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant concept for a story and a first for me with a book by Lily...I cried .... in fact I sobbed my little heart out.
I really can't say much about the story without giving the game away, but the love is beautiful.
I would have read this in one sitting, but for dozing off at 1am this morning!!
A very enjoyable, sexy read.
Carol
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: britbabes
Breathe Me In by Lily Harlem is a sweet love story with lots of hot sex! An odd twist connecting her deceased husband and a man she meets in another town sets the stage for a new love. I give it 5 stars!
I received this book as a review copy in return for an honest review.
Elyzabeth VaLey
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this to pass the time and didn't think it would hook me so badly. I read the novel in one sitting. In a few hours of pleasurable reading, my emotions have been touched again and again. I have laughed, cried, feared, hoped and more in this wonderful sweet erotic romance.
Christine Mathisen
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. Yes is started out tragic however it ended up being one of the best love stories I have read. I would recommend that everyone read this book!
Liz Crowe
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read "Breathe You In" by Lily Harlem recently and would highly recommend it. Kate is in deep mourning for her late husband when she takes it into her head to seek out the man who received his heart and lungs via transplant. What unfolds is a truly heart-warming love story that transpires about how you might expect, but it's written in such a way that you are pulled into it so completely you feel her sadness, then her hope, then her worry, and then her utter happiness when she realizes that she ...more
Brynna Curry
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Breathe You In by Lily Harlem
Rating: 5 Stars
Author site: www.lilyharlem.com
Genre: Contemporary Romance (Hot)

Blurb: Sometimes you don’t realize how special a moment is until it’s a memory.

What he didn’t know, but I did, was that he’d been wai
E.
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars

“Breathe You In” by Lily Harlem details the experiences of bereaved widow, Katie Lansdale, who feels driven to find the recipient of her late husband’s donated organs. Her rather questionable search leads her to museum worker Ruben Strong just before the second anniversary of her loss and inexplicably starts her on a journey of change and an end to her apathy about her life. Ruben is grateful for his new lease on life and delighted to find a woman who seems to be sharing in his attrac
Cheryl
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books, bod, erotica
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a fair review.

I've been trying to think of how I can write a review without giving anything away and without repeating the actual blurb. I confess to a fair amount of skepticism after reading the blurb. My thought were that the subject just couldn't be sexy.. could it?

Having read Lily Harlem books before I shrugged away my doubts and started to read. I like Lily's writing a lot, her characters usually have a deep emotional connection to me and
Debi Hursh
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: britbabes
“I received this book free on Amazon”
Breath you In by Lily Harlem is a fantastic love story.
How would you cope if you lost your spouse and donated their organs so that someone else may live? Well Lily does a wonderful job of getting you into the story.
I felt like I knew the characters and I was living in the story right along with them.
Lily could have gone many different ways with this but she chose wisely and kept it simple. If you would like to know Lily’s inspiration for the story here is the
Tracey Parker
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so love this story! Yes it has the heartache of losing one's husband and reading about Katie's grief does connect you emotionally to her. But this story is so much more then loss, it's about coming to terms with yourself and learning to love yourself. But there is also a new love interest and it does make you wonder if it is the actual heart that Ruben has only has feelings for Katie because of that or his own. Its a wonderful beautiful story that has you crying, laughing, smiling, crying, and ...more
Emma Burbidge
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
I haven't yet read any other books from the Totally Bound "What's her secret?" series.

Such a lovely story of how two broken people come together and find love. A widow whose husband died in a senseless work accident. She donated his organs, and nearly two years later, she's still drowning in grief until she stumbles into Reuben Strong and life starts making sense once more... I recommend you read this love story for yourself t
Alison
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would have read this in one sitting, but for dozing off at 1am this morning!!
A very enjoyable, sexy read.
Review of a previous edition.
Deborah
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read a recent Facebook post where the author stated this was her favorite book she had written. I can understand why. It was wonderful...just the kind of book I look for when I want a read I can get lost in and experience all the emotions the characters are feeling. Love. Loss. Bone-crushing grief. Heart-racing sensuality. Anticipation. This story had it all and used it to maximum effect, hence the swollen (from crying), bloodshot (from lack of sleep because I couldn't until I finished the boo ...more
Emma Burbidge
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received this free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review**
This is the story of Katie Lansdale, a woman grieving the loss of her husband Matt to a tragic work accident. She courageously donated his organs, and saved another man's life. However, nearly two years on, she is still drowning in grief, and barely managing to keep herself moving forward every morning, going to work, struggling to get on with her life day after day!
An unintentional face-to-face encounter with Ruben Stro

• The One Nighter
  • Freed by You
  • The Pet Shop (The Pet Shop, #1 - 3)
  • The Virgin (Sexy as Hell Trilogy, #1)
  • Kept by the Beast
  • Sexy Just Walked Into Town
  • The Retreat (Perfect Submissive #2)
  • Cursed Ever After (Eternal Vampires)
  • Desires (Desires, #1)
  • Twisted Arrangement (Twisted, #1)
  • Play With You (Loneliness, #1)
  • Lucky's Charms
  • Le Cirque D'Amour (Burlesque! #1)
  • Heartbreaker
  • Let Me Fly (Learning to Let Go, #1)
  • Breaking All the Rules
  • Dial M for Menage
  • Menage on 34th Street
Lily Harlem is a USA Today Bestselling, award-winning author of sexy romances. She lives in the UK and writes for several publishing houses including HarperCollins, Totally Bound, Evernight and Stormy Night Publications. She also features in numerous UK and US anthologies, some of which all proceeds go to charity.

Her books are a mixture of full length novels and short stories, some are one offs, s