Start by marking “Chase (Resisting Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chase (Resisting Love, #1)

Chase

(Resisting Love #1)

Moving in with a guy you only met once? Stupid.
But for student Layla Crawford, this was reality.
Chase Jackson is a renowned playboy and self professed commitment phobe, that is until he meets Layla.
Blinded by his intensity to have her, Chase will stop at nothing to make her his.
With a jealous ex and old conquests repeatedly making appearances, Chase' s skeletons come out
Published May 17th 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Chase, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chase

Start your review of Chase (Resisting Love, #1)
Miriam Mathew
***SPOILERS***

What the hell did I just read?!?!

Seriously.

WHAT THE HELL???

Throughout the entire book, my face must have been a dead-straight imitation of THIS-

description

It was almost as bad as reading Resisting Her . I got NOTHING good out of it. And trust me, I was struggling trying to. It had every cliche that could possibly fit in these 314 pages.

Instant love and adoration from the guy? description

Virginal heroine who turns out to be amazing in bed? description

Commitment-afraid manwhore who turns into the most faithful
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
smile
Thats Me! ^ Because I really enjoyed the book! :D

It had a great story with AMAZING characters. A nice read~
drama

And a bitch too ;)
stab

And some amazing drama! :D
yayie

I actually started this book with very low expectations because it seemed like it would have a fucked up pace and a freak chick but I was wrong. 10% into the book I saw that the fucked up paced settled down and the chick was pretty nice and yo types ;)

Chase... Just imagian a REALLY hot guy with tatts who is sweet yet dirty and rides a harley ;)
A
Mariℓina
May 19, 2013 rated it it was ok

Dissapointed! Contains spoilers
The story starts off nicely.. Although i didn't like the insta-feelings Kade and James had for her.. but it was interesting enough..
And then plotholes!!!!
She didn't know they were brothers..
She is virgin but the moment she meets a total stranger in a club she leaves with him and falls asleep in his car.. They end up having a relationship and for 2 months she doesn't know he has a different dad..
He was a commitmentphobe but had a relationship for a year with
★★Sara Lizzy★★
BR with Jo and Sammy!

I'll start off by saying that I didn't really know what to expect with this book (or the series) when the author Chantal Fernando contacted us through the blog with the opportunity to read and review a few of the books in the Resisting Love series, Chase being the 1st book. It sounded interesting to me, but I just wasn't sure what I'd feel about it. I can honestly tell you that Chase surpassed EVERY expectation I had of the book! I absolutely fell in love with this book and
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by the authors in exchange for an honest review.

Layla Crawford is screwed. She has one week until her college classes start and she hasnt found a place to live yet. She visited several potential rentals but all of them have been horrific so far. Resigning herself to the fact that she might not find a place to live close to the university, Layla drives to the last potential rental on her list. Thankfully, she likes the house and the potential roommate she meets so Layla moves in with
      .•*¨`*•✿  ✿•*¨`*•. J. Katherine  .•*¨`*•✿  ✿•*¨`*•.
BR with Sara and Sammy!

This book was AMAZING! I really enjoyed it A LOT! I have to say... who wouldn't want to live in a house with 3 "hot sexy alpha males" who treat you like a princess! This book had the romance, drama, sex and at times had me laughing so hard I had tears running down my face.

Layla was a student looking for a place to live. Someplace where she could gain some independence and some distance from her overbearing and at times overprotective parents. After looking at a few places
Antonella
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
read this long time ago
Belle Aurora
Shelves: beta-arc
I was given this book from the authors to read before release as a beta reader.
This read was a rollercoaster. At one point I was happy, the next I was sad and at some points I was fuming!
So, the question is What do you do when you meet a guy, a guy you really like, only to find that he lives with you? You freak out, right? Well, this is Laylas reality.
I loved the relationship between her roommates, Kade and James. Together they make a seriously funny threesome who enjoys each others company.
Deserie williams
Dec 09, 2015 marked it as just-not-for-me-stay-away-hell-no
self note : ow ,drama, H letting ex sleep in his bed,ow sitting on his lap(he did push her off ) H shared women with his brothers. h bumping into all his ex lovers (she is renting a room from the H ) . this is just to much drama for me. just something I don't want to read about right now.
Brandi
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
First let me just say that I was expecting this to be raunchy, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it is nothing of the sorts!

photo tumblr_llydvdV3x81qawbdt_zps22acc1fb.gif

Dont get me wrong, I love my raunchy borderline psychotic reads, but I needed a break from the royal mind fuck Unbeautifully left me in, and Chase gave me just that.

photo tumblr_m4xm7swFpC1qj3ir1_zps2781585f.gif

Simply put, it was a really enjoyable read and I need more of this serieslike yesterday.

photo tumblr_mea9vjzHnr1rxh367_zps845d70be.gif

Also theres the little fact that Chase is an Alpha male.
 photo tumblr_lmn5yu1vmw1qkr84zo1_500_zps41afb7f0.jpg

*dies* I freaking love me some alpha males!

photo hot-guy_zps30717a09.gif

Let
Deb
May 15, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am in the serious minority but I stand by my review. The book was very rushed and there was no development in the relationships between any of the characters. The explanations for the sudden protectiveness of Layla by Kade and James were unbelievable and desperate. Things happened way too quickly from Layla moving into the guys house to Chases obsessive behavior. There was no real development between Layla and Chase, I felt absolutely no connection whatsoever. One morning he is the mysterious ...more
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

This one was enjoyable enough I suppose. I found the dialogue a bit cheesy at times and the story rather predictable. But it was a short, quick read....that I read straight through in a matter of hours.

The story begins with Layla going to University and renting a room from three guys--James, Kade and Chase. Chase is never around but Layla develops a close brother/sister relationship with James and Kade.

One night while out at the bar, Layla meets Chase for the first time, not knowing
Chantal ❤️
Breezy *Lover of all things Alpha Male*
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Oh where oh where to begin for this review..... TOTALLY F%^&*$# AWESOME BOOK! Okay I want to curse some more but I will refrain from doing that.My God I have never read a book so dam funny and full of roller coaster emotions. One minute I would be laughing and the next minute I would get pissed off because some people just don't get it when they are not wanted so they try and ruin things for others. But let me tell you Chase and his brothers are Greek Sex God's because man oh man these boys ...more
A. Bookzilla.
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know, I thought this would be a perfect 3.5 star read but then the whole second half of the book happened and I am gladly rounding it up to 4 stars.

I'm just not the type of reader who falls for a manwhore character, and this book had plenty of them. The whole sharing the girls thing was just... you know, gross.

However - Kade and James. OMG. JAMES, I need to know more about you!
I love the way the authors sort of set up all these secondary characters - they made you love them, throwing bits
Jessy
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So I'm telling you right now this is a 'get comfy' book! You're not going to want to put it down! The instant you start reading you catch the intrigue and then it just continues! I loved this book! It had moments of hilarity, anger, sadness, but most of all romance. Get ready for a ride with a book full of alpha males. You will meet Chase, Kade and James and you will fall in love instantly!!
This is obviously going to be a series and I'm totally ecstatic about that because I want more from these
J
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~I keep staring at her, hoping for her to glance up.
To notice me.
To see if she feels this attraction I'm feeling for her her.
I've never felt anything like it.
More than lust.
Something.. else.
Something the makes me want to protect her, cherish her.
I know I don't deserve her.
But that doesn't mean I'll stop wanting her.~

After several failed attempts to find a new place to stay, Layla finally finds what she is looking for when she answers James and Kade's roommate ad.

Sharing with two hot guys
Victoria
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Well, shoot. I really thought I was going to like this one. I mean I pretty much go crazy for rich, entitled, bossy leading men. I'm an easy sell! That being said, I should have been in heaven with Chase. Unfortunately, a major turn off for me is what I have started calling "manufactured drama". It's popping up in more and more books and it was in total OVERKILL in Chase.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here are some examples: That means if you have a new girlfriend and you already
Bookloverme
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had this series for months and I don't know why I didn't read them immediately because once I started reading the first book, I love it already and continued to read the series. The books were wonderfully written from start to finish. And I read her other books too. Waiting for her next book.
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
Reread in February 2018
Reread in February, 2016
Read in June, 2013
Fre06 Begum
Sep 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Def my fave book in the series I really liked both Chase and Layla.
 B.E.Love
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars I picked this book up after hearing how great it was and how possessive the hero was, because that is my favorite part of a book. I like my book men crazy possessive, jealous, stalkerish, determined, and willing to do anything and everything for their girl. Boy oh boy did this book fit the bill Chase is insane with jealousy toward anyone who so much as looks at Layla even his brothers who love Layla like a sister. Is he stalkerish oh yeah he is, and he's crazy in love with Layla. ...more
Skye Burling-Briggs
***ARC/BETA received by authors in exchange for an honest review***

Let me tell you something, you are going to LOVE this book!! I devoured it in one sitting. Chantal sent it to me tonight and I just had a 'peak' before bed..... It's now 12:25 am and I've finished!

I fell in love with Chase. Sexy as sin, Funny , Charming, Alfa male, Protective, Dimple, Dark hair, Blue eyes, seriously what more can a woman ask for???
I REALLY want to live in a house with 3 brothers that look and love like
Alpha Possessive Heroes
Gotta say that the title/cover and blurb caught my attention and bought the book right away!

Layla is one lucky girl! She lives with three hot sexy guys and treats her like a princess. She started off as a great heroine... sweet, strong and feisty but then all of the sudden she became annoyingly insecure. Now I'm all into these kind of heroines.. but Layla makes some unnecessary drama, overreacts, whines and goes hot and cold towards Chase that just pissed me off!

Okay.. on to our Hero Chase..
Tenielle
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Before anyone reads my review, I think it's important that I point out two biases I have:

1. I'm Chantal Fernando's (favourite) sister; and
2. I have a special loathing for the contemporary romance genre

That being said, I'm genuinely pleased, and rather shocked, that I enjoyed Chase. It's an easy read - no superfluous language or ridiculously detailed descriptions. The novel is straight forward, but doesn't neglect to develop the characters. Each character is a clear individual - they have
Sharon Mariampillai
Thank you SJ for recommending this book to me. This was a fantastic read. The story was intriguing and sweet. I found myself in Layla in many ways. We are both Sri Lankan, and we both love reading. She was feisty yet sweet. I love the way she was describes. I especially love how she defends herself. She is not someone to mess with. Also, there is Chase. He is gorgeous and perfect. If I can get a man like him, I would not mind. A plus is the fact that he cooks for Layla. There were times when I ...more
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Good read!

We have Chase

Layla

Not so impressed with her

I liked all the jealousy and angst

The ex

But the chemistry between Chase and Lyla

Athena
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of my favourite books..honestly..
It was so fun to read..it was a true whirlwind of emotions..The pace was quick but it was so wonderful..Chase is a God...His possessiveness was so cute as well as his jealousy even towards to his brothers...It was amazing!!..I loved all the characters..well except Chase's dad but every book has a villain...anywayyy
I loved it!!If you like romance (with not much drama->still awesome though) and good humour,then this book is MUST READ book...

PS
Mum from Sri
Lacy
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a good read and I do own this and the others in the series. After much thought I had to edit my review to say that this book has everything that I love to read about. There is romance, drama (alot), exciting characters and it truly kept my interest. Aubrey is a person who needed a beat down, CHase, Kade, Ryder, and James are all awesome so to say I will read it again is an understatement. I suggest that you buy and read this book because if you enjoy romance and drama this book has ...more

• Down and Out (Knockout Love #1)
  • Assumption (Underground Kings, #1)
  • Stephan (Caveman Instinct #1)
  • Holding Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • The Wrong/Right Man
  • Hell's Knights (The MC Sinners, #1)
  • Talon's Heart
  • Richard (Caveman Instinct, #2)
  • Savoring Mila (Angels Halo MC Next Gen & Rockers' Legacy, #3)
  • Duke (Fallen MC, #1)
  • Consumed (Consumed, #1)
  • Incandescent (Knights Rebels MC, #1)
  • Dominic (Slater Brothers, #1)
  • Beautifully Awake (Beautifully Awake, #1)
  • Cole (The Ride, #1)
  • Craving Constellations (The Aces, #1)
  • Spark (Spark, #1)
  • Craving Hawk (The Aces' Sons, #3)
New York Times, Amazon & USA Today Bestselling Author Chantal Fernando is thirty years old and lives in Western Australia.

Lover of all things romance, Chantal is the author of the best selling books Dragon's Lair, Maybe This Time and many more.

When not reading, writing or daydreaming she can be found enjoying life with her three sons and family.

Chantal loves to hear from readers and can be

Resisting Love (5 books)
  • Kade (Resisting Love, #2)
  • Ryder (Resisting Love, #2.5)
  • James (Resisting Love, #3)
  • Derek (Resisting Love, #4)

News & Interviews