Start by marking “The Florist (Workplace Encounters, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Florist (Workplace Encounters, #8)

The Florist

(Workplace Encounters #8)

3.32  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
When freelance florist Dylan White gets a call that a good friend has died and left him a flower shop, Dylan isn’t sure he wants the commitment. Still, he travels to Florida to speak with the law firm, where he meets defense attorney Sean Mellick in the corridor. Sean makes a point of “running into” Dylan again, and Dylan eventually agrees to a date.

While romance blooms be
ebook, 2nd Edition, 121 pages
Published January 6th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press (first published July 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Florist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Florist

Lena Grey
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Nothing settles down a restless spirit like finding someone to love. Dylan White, of 'The Florist' by Serena Yates, meets Sean Mellick and quickly realizes that his wanderlust is fading fast, that he's actually found somewhere he belongs. Like the saying goes, home is where the heart is, and his heart is definitely with Sean.

Comparing and contrasting Dylan and Sean's personalities gave me greater insight into their motives and ambitions. Dylan is restless, unsettled, spontaneous, funny, and outg
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Dylan loves his carefree life; the freedom, the excitement and the challenge, but he fears he will lose all of that when he is left a florist shop by a friend. But, now he has a new challenge one that includes the hunky lawyer Sean. Sean is captivated the first time he bumps into Dylan and prays that Dylan will settle down in Jacksonville. But, Dylan isn’t the only change in Sean’s life, as Sean has to make a
Serena Yates
Jan 06, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Rereleased today, on 6 January 2016, The Florist is published by Dreamspinner Press.

It is the story of freelance florist Dylan White who gets a call that a good friend has died and left him a flower shop. Dylan isn’t sure he wants the commitment. Still, he travels to Florida to speak with the law firm, where he meets defense attorney Sean Mellick in the corridor. Sean makes a point of “running into” Dylan again, and Dylan eventually agrees to a date. While romance blooms between the two men, the
Serena Yates
Jun 08, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, written-by-me
Published today, on July 7, this is the newest book in my Workplace Encounters series. It's the story of Dylan White, who craves a life of adventure. His job as freelance florist gives him the freedom he needs, but what will he do with the flower shop he just inherited from a good friend?

Dylan decides to give it a try. Despite the stubborn resistance and sabotage of one of the employees, he manages to do a good job. Until he gets an offer to sell that sounds too good to be true.

Sean Mellick, a d
Erika
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, I had the privilege of proofreading another of Serena's works prior to publication, and once again, Serena has written a wonderful book that hits that sweet spot she is so good at. It follows the standard formula for this series, but that is okay. A light mystery brings two very different people together, this time a lawyer and a florist.
There isn't a huge deal of unnecessary angst in getting the romantic couple together, but instead they find themselves clicking and then they work
Deirdre
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.8 Stars Say It With Flowers

I've read other Workplace Encounters books and enjoyed them all. I like learning about the jobs that the men do. Where they are employed and how did they end up there? Are they happy and planning to stay or miserable and looking for an excuse / justification / means to leave? Jobs have always been extremely important to men. Much of their identity tied up in what they do was equivalent to who they are. A seminal piece of nonfiction literature was written detailing ho
Sammy Goode
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was ok

The Florist by Serena Yates had a lot of potential. The storyline that involved two men--each running from something and seeking to move toward a more stable life had some fantastic moments. Unfortunately those moments never morphed into a solid novel, instead it seemed to drift and ended up being less than fulfilling.

Dylan is lost--wandering--from thing to thing--unhappy with being adrift yet unable to settle on a job, a permanent home, and a lover he can commit to for any length of t
Love Bytes Reviews
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Heart Review by Kat

This is the next book in the Workplace Encounters series to be released by Dreamspinner Press. I have been a fan of this series and eagerly await each of the books being released. Each of these books can be a stand-alone, as totally new characters are in each book. These books are never disappointing for me, providing just the right mix of love, intrigue, and my always sought after…HEA.

This time we embark on the tale of Dylan White, a free spirit adventurer and floral desi
El
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this novel from the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.

A story with an excellent concept, but flawed execution. A free-spirited freelance florist (who knew that was even a thing?) inherits a flower shop in Florida, where things are mysteriously going wrong. A lawyer working a case connected to the floral industry (apparently a big deal? Again, who knew?) starts to doubt that he’s doing the right thing. They meet, it’s attraction at first sight.

But really? Sea
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

The Florist was a good story but not a great one. I'm going to have to read another of Ms Yates's books to see if it was just this book that did not grab me.
Dylan White is not a man to be tied down to anything be it a job, man or home. He gets a call from a lawyer in Jacksonville, Fl. while he's on vacation and has to meet with the lawyer as soon as possible. Suddenly Dylan finds himself the owner of a good size florist shop and a h
Phaney
Oct 29, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Supremely pointless. Most of the actual plot was told in summary.

The beginning did not look too bad for a while, actually, if you disregard this gem:

With his slim build, boyish looks, and deep brown eyes he was someone Sean could easily fall for.

I usually find that “falling for someone” is used for “falling in love”. So apparently a good body's sufficient in terms of requirements?
I mean, attraction? Yeah. Lust? Oh, sure. But love? Really? After no more than bumping into each other and parting wa
Bo
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and Sexy as Usual

Serena Yates never disappoints in this series--the MCs are sweet, hot, not so sure of themselves early on, but soon dedicated to each other. In this one we have a rather laconic free-lance specialty florist, Dylan, whose former best friend has suddenly died and left him a thriving floral shop. He is not sure why his friend did this, but he is very sure he likes the law firm his friend hired to handle his estate because one of the lawyers there is the hottest man he's ever
Katy Beth Mckee
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, series-books
Dylan's friend dies and leave him the floral shop. After he takes over the shop he discovers that there is something strange going on. He has also meets Sean another lawyer in the office and they begin to form a relationship. My only complaint of this book it the time jump between the last two chapters almost made it feel like there was a missing chapter. We went from finding out what was happening to it being all rapped up.
Meggie
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This story and even both main characters, Dylan and Sean, didn't hold my attention for long. Sure I liked the start but after first 50 pages the intensity and enjoyment, for the main plot, fell to zero. I even skipped the sex scenes, which tells me one thing, this authors writing style doesn't hold my attention.
Melanie
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I liked the protagonists, but found the story quite unmoving.
Details were given in the wrong places.
2.5 stars.
Fernanda Parente
The laste one of this series wich loved very much
Popcorn
rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2013
Elasure
Mar 10, 2013
Chiya
rated it did not like it
Jun 14, 2015
Feb 24, 2018
Jun 08, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Online Flower Delivery 1 1 Jun 15, 2015 12:31AM
I’m a night owl and start writing when everyone else in my time zone is asleep. I’ve loved reading all my life and spent most of my childhood with my nose buried in a book. Although I always wanted to be a writer, financial independence came first. Twenty-some years and a successful business career later I took some online writing classes and never looked back.

Living and working in eight countries

Workplace Encounters (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Elevator Mechanic (Workplace Encounters, #1)
  • The Chauffeur (A Workplace Encounters Book, #2)
  • The Ship Engineer (Workplace Encounters, #3)
  • The Carpenter (Workplace Encounters, #4)
  • The Truck Driver (Workplace Encounters, #5)
  • The Model (Workplace Encounters, #6)
  • The Cellar Hand (Workplace Encounters, #7)
  • The Bricklayer (Workplace Encounters, #9)
  • The Baker (Workplace Encounters, #10)
  • The Plumber (Workplace Encounters, #11)